Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,565,995 members, 5,934,568 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 October 2020 at 10:11 PM

Less Than Nothing (18+) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Less Than Nothing (18+) (3524 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Less Than Nothing (18+) by Lakesc(m): 10:04am On Oct 14
Thanks for the update...
Re: Less Than Nothing (18+) by BigBasher: 1:02am On Oct 15
Waiting for more update
Re: Less Than Nothing (18+) by SeyiDominion: 2:26am On Oct 17
Several minutes later when he came in, she allowed him some rest before approaching him on the issue. He was at the dining table to take his dinner when Boma came to sit down on the chair next to him.

“Darling, there’s something bothering me since morning,’’ she started.

Ola continued munching his meal. “And what’s that?’’

She paused before she continued. “I need to warn you about taking decisions. Please, be very careful about making moves.’’

Now, he paused to briefly stare at her. “What are you talking about?’’

She sighed as if that would make what she was about to say more emphatic. “I had a dream in which something terrible happened to you as a result of a bad decision you took. I need to warn you about you steps you take.’’

Ola laughed briefly. It was a kind of laugh that lacked mirth or anything jocund. “So, the whole essence of this your “serious warning’’ is because of a dream. When did you become Joseph?’’

“Eh, don’t think this is a joke o. I’m serious. It’s not all my dreams that have import, but I can assure you that this one does. Please, do not take
it with a pinch of salt.’’

“Alright, alright,’’ he said hastily. There was no point he argued with her, was there? “You said I should be mindful of my decisions, right?’’

“Yes, dear.’’

“Okay. Thank you.’’

She stared at him. “Does that mean you will take the warning serious?’’

He felt like laughing again, but did not. “Don’t worry. Thanks for you dream and advice.’’

“Oh, darling, you just be careful.’’

In his mind, he snickered at her. What a laughable dream, he thought.

The following morning, Ola did not see Moni until after noon. She had gone to Victoria Island to have another board meeting. During break
time, Ola drove to the large shopping mall at Alausa, not far from the office. He went to the toiletries section where he looked at the array of ladies perfumes for sale. There were so many of them, ranging from Hypnotic Poison by Christian Dior, Coco Chanel Eau de Perfume, AERIN
Hibiscus Palm, to LANCOME la vie est Belle, Tiffany Eau de perfume, and Chloe Eau de perfume Spray.

He liked the package of Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium, so he picked it up and read what was on it. The fragrance had an addictive combination of white floral, mixed with base notes of coffee, vanilla and cedar wood. The 3-ounce bottle was on the very expensive side, but he did not mind. She deserved much more than this.

He also picked a very colorful wrapper, paid through the POS, and left the store with the item.

Back in his office, he wrapped the perfume. After doing that, he pasted a brown paper cello-tape on the package and wrote: To the most beautiful lady on earth on it. Satisfied with his choice of product and his choice of words, he put the package in his right, inner suit pocket and left for Moni’s office.

“Good afternoon, sister,’’ he greeted her. It was the second time he would be greeting her that afternoon, but what was it with the ‘sister’ stuff?

“Good afternoon, Mr. Ola Johnson,’’ she replied, a little smile on her face.

“I’ve got a little gift for you. Can I go ahead and present it?’’

She nodded and motioned him to a seat. “You’re asking questions as if you’re a stranger.’’

“Oh, well, you’re the boss.’’ He sat down gingerly, dipped his right hand in the inner jacket pocket and brought the wrapped package out.

“Here. This is for you.’’

She took it from him with the smile still on her face. “Really?’’

He nodded. “Yes, a beautiful lady like you deserves this.’’

She examined the package tenderly. “Thanks.’’

“I hope you’ll find it good enough for you.’’

“I hope so too.’’

He nodded and stood up.

“Thanks, once again.’’

“You’re welcome. Thanks for this.’’

Feeling high and accomplished, he left her office.
Re: Less Than Nothing (18+) by Ann2012(f): 7:01pm On Oct 17
Interesting

1 Like

Re: Less Than Nothing (18+) by dawno2008(m): 8:44pm On Oct 17
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Less Than Nothing (18+) by SeyiDominion: 6:01pm On Oct 21
She examined the package tenderly. “Thanks.’’

“I hope you’ll find it good enough for you.’’

“I hope so too.’’

He nodded and stood up.

“Thanks, once again.’’

“You’re welcome. Thanks for this.’’

Feeling high and accomplished, he left her office. Back in his office, as he sat on his executive, well-padded seat, he remembered Boma and the dream she said she had, but only briefly. Her dream had nothing to do with his actions, he felt. Who took dreams from a woman serious?

Few minutes to four o’clock, Ola received a call from Moni.

“Hello, madam.’’

“Hello, the Don.’’

He smiled at himself. Calling him Don reminded him of his university days when his friends and course-mates called him “The Don.’’

“I’ve seen the package you sent to me,’’ she went on.

“Ah, I hope you like it.’’

She chuckled across the line. “I don’t like it. I love it.’’

He laughed briefly. “I’m glad to hear that. I’m glad that you love it.’’

“Yes, I do. Christian Dior products happen to be my favorites.’’

He nodded. “Once again, I’m glad you love it.’’

“Have you asked yourself if you’re man enough to do what you’ve embarked on?’’

He chuckled. “I’m man enough. The main challenge I have is if the queen I have admiration for will give me the chance to prove love.’’

“If your feelings are sincere, why not?’’

He chuckled again. “I can assure you that everything is sincere.’’

“Well, events will prove that to be true or not.’’

“Sure, sure.’’

He was emboldened by her responses. “I’ve started the proof, already,’’ he said further.

“I don’t think so. “But then, perhaps when the time comes, you’ll prove that.’’

There was no point to drag on that. “Okay, when the time comes, I’ll surely live up to my bidding.’’

“We’ll see. Thanks for now. Bye.’’

“Bye, my queen.’’

She disconnected the line. Phew, what a lady. Things were going the way he wanted them to go. Very good. He would be patient.

Several minutes later, Agbaman called Moni just when she was preparing to leave the office.

“I miss you my baby,’’ he said in his husky voice.

“I miss you terribly, my dear.’’

“I’ll be coming over to that place tonight.’’

“That will be lovely, sweetheart. You’re always welcome.’’

“Yeah. That’s my darling.’’

“So, what meal will you like to have?’’

“Wheat meal with ‘egusi’ soup.’’

“It is done.’’

He laughed over the line. “Alright. See you, dear.’’

See you.’’ He disconnected the line while she grinned to herself. Well, it was not a bad news that he would be coming tonight, she thought. It
was not bad at all. She was putting her personal effects inside her Gucci handbag when her cell phone rang again. A cursory look at the
caller’s identity showed that it was Bella, her sister, that was calling.

“Hello, bi sis,’’ Bella greeted. “We’re on short vacation and I’ll be coming to your place today.’’

“I see.’’

“Yes. See you, sister.’’

“Okay, see you.’’

Less Than Nothing: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/less_than_nothing/37142

1 Like

Re: Less Than Nothing (18+) by Zamar(m): 7:32am
Interesting

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Motivational And Inspirational? / Must Read : Confessions Of A Rough , Rugged And Raw Naija Guy ( 18+) / New Upcoming Nigerian Writer - Sade Adeniran

Viewing this topic: Geodeacon and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.