Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

PLEASE HELP!!! Code P0011 On My Toyota Corolla 2005 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / PLEASE HELP!!! Code P0011 On My Toyota Corolla 2005 (1047 Views)

2012 Honda Accord P0011 Is Killing Me / DTC Code P-2716: Corolla 2005-2007 / My Toyota Corolla Over Heats Only When The AC Is On! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PLEASE HELP!!! Code P0011 On My Toyota Corolla 2005 by inikamoze(m): 2:10am On Sep 19, 2020
My Auto geniuses in the house I need your help/advice on my Toyota Corolla 2005. I gave it out for UBER services after pimping and fixing it to UBER standard, last Saturday the driver called that the car was having issues and all what not so I asked him to bring the vehicle back. Car was so much in bad shape from the last time he brought it which I complained bitterly, but that is story for another day. Now the car's battery is dead, he said a mechanic told him the alternator wasn't charging the battery properly( he has never mentioned it to me). So I rented a battery to test the car,it would start and when I engage the gear the car would go off, tried it severally before i let it run for a while and then it moved, but the acceleration wasn't firing, stepping on the pedal flat only pushes the car fast a bit but it would still be as if you are on cruising mode.

Today I got my re-wire guy to correct most of the anomalies other re-wires had done, he fixed the pump filter, and a couple of other fixes but car was still having same stop and start issues but accelerates a bit faster now, he scanned the car with his machine and the code gotten was P0011 which he says it the valve timing which was revving too high in the engine and it has to be adjusted, so I asked him to come along with me to my mechanic so he could explain better to the mech in their own terms.

Got to the mechanic, he checked under the accelerator area,tried to do some adjustment and said it wasn't the valve timing that it was a sensor beneath we had to change that he had tried to adjust the sensor but it's not adjusting and advised we shouldn't even try to open the engine that its the sensor beneath the accelerator area that needs fixing and not the Valve timing.

Rewire guy insists its a valve timing thing and the mech should be able to adjust it,while the mechanic says its a sensor problem and it's the rewire's job. Now I'm in a dilemma. Both Mecho and Rewire are good at their job and been using them for a while but now this problem has got me confused.
Please other mech experts here, what could be the problem?

Do I go with the valve timing adjustment based on the scanner reading or go with the mechanic assertion of the problem being an electrical issue? I checked online and many reason was given, and an oil shortage or bad oil being one of the problems that triggers that code.

Please HELP!!
Re: PLEASE HELP!!! Code P0011 On My Toyota Corolla 2005 by Jombromycin: 3:28am On Sep 19, 2020
I'll go with the scan tool result. Your rewire should check the wiring integrity of the oil control solenoid and can also test the solenoid. While you can easily check if you have an oil shortage. If all that checks out then the camshaft timing may need adjustment
Re: PLEASE HELP!!! Code P0011 On My Toyota Corolla 2005 by homeboy205: 9:23am On Sep 19, 2020
inikamoze:
My Auto geniuses in the house I need your help/advice on my Toyota Corolla 2005. I gave it out for UBER services after pimping and fixing it to UBER standard, last Saturday the driver called that the car was having issues and all what not so I asked him to bring the vehicle back. Car was so much in bad shape from the last time he brought it which I complained bitterly, but that is story for another day. Now the car's battery is dead, he said a mechanic told him the alternator wasn't charging the battery properly( he has never mentioned it to me). So I rented a battery to test the car,it would start and when I engage the gear the car would go off, tried it severally before i let it run for a while and then it moved, but the acceleration wasn't firing, stepping on the pedal flat only pushes the car fast a bit but it would still be as if you are on cruising mode.

Today I got my re-wire guy to correct most of the anomalies other re-wires had done, he fixed the pump filter, and a couple of other fixes but car was still having same stop and start issues but accelerates a bit faster now, he scanned the car with his machine and the code gotten was P0011 which he says it the valve timing which was revving too high in the engine and it has to be adjusted, so I asked him to come along with me to my mechanic so he could explain better to the mech in their own terms.

Got to the mechanic, he checked under the accelerator area,tried to do some adjustment and said it wasn't the valve timing that it was a sensor beneath we had to change that he had tried to adjust the sensor but it's not adjusting and advised we shouldn't even try to open the engine that its the sensor beneath the accelerator area that needs fixing and not the Valve timing.

Rewire guy insists its a valve timing thing and the mech should be able to adjust it,while the mechanic says its a sensor problem and it's the rewire's job. Now I'm in a dilemma. Both Mecho and Rewire are good at their job and been using them for a while but now this problem has got me confused.
Please other mech experts here, what could be the problem?

Do I go with the valve timing adjustment based on the scanner reading or go with the mechanic assertion of the problem being an electrical issue? I checked online and many reason was given, and an oil shortage or bad oil being one of the problems that triggers that code.

Please HELP!!

Like someone said up there, valve timing code doesn’t always means the timing is off and need adjusted. Most time the OCV might be dirty or the OCV filter...

I support Mech on this
Re: PLEASE HELP!!! Code P0011 On My Toyota Corolla 2005 by Timewaster: 1:08am On Sep 20, 2020
That's an atomic bomb launch code

Your car is a moving weapon

Change the engine and thank me later
Re: PLEASE HELP!!! Code P0011 On My Toyota Corolla 2005 by inikamoze(m): 4:39pm On Sep 21, 2020
Timewaster:
That's an atomic bomb launch code

Your car is a moving weapon

Change the engine and thank me later

How do you mean? pls explain
Re: PLEASE HELP!!! Code P0011 On My Toyota Corolla 2005 by Dubbuqueee: 6:06pm On Sep 22, 2020
inikamoze:

How do you mean? pls explain

Don't mind the guy he's a time waster....even if na just ordinary plug dey worry your car...he will suggest you replace the engine... just ignore him.....

The ogas are coming to attend to you shortly
Re: PLEASE HELP!!! Code P0011 On My Toyota Corolla 2005 by EngRichie: 8:39am On Sep 23, 2020
Armed with this code, this is a problem that a good mechanic should be able to fix. I don't think it has anything to do with sensor in accelerator pedal area. Narrow fault resolution to mechanical timing, variable valve timing components and circuit.
You might be dealing with a stretched timing chain/jumped tooth issue. It could be other things too, especially those related to VVT.
Regards.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Highest Mileage you have seen For A Nigerian Used Car? / Radio Unlock Code For 03 Acura Tl / Some Panelbeaters Deserve To Be Flogged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.