Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,762 members, 7,955,905 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:15 PM

How You Can Show Love To Your Children Equally - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How You Can Show Love To Your Children Equally (452 Views)

Help! I Don't Love My Children Equally! / Is It Possible To Love Your Children Equally / I Find It Hard To Pretend Loving My Kids Equally, Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How You Can Show Love To Your Children Equally by ValourDigest(m): 11:15am On Sep 19, 2020
Not many people care to admit it, but if you choose to look at it closely, you’ll realize that it can actually be a bit difficult to show love to your children equally. This is caused by several factors ranging from personality traits to the level of helpfulness around the home and several other things.

However, regardless of what factors might influence it, you need to be able to show love to your children equally. It is your responsibility as a parent for a number of reasons.

For starters, if you don’t, you risk causing intense sibling rivalry, which could generate a rift between the children. Alongside that, you really don’t want a child who grows up with the mindset that her parents did not love her the way they loved the other person. A mindset like that can be crippling in the child’s adult life.

So, while it can be challenging, you need to learn how to show love to your children equally. How? Let’s see:

1. Spend quality time with each of them

Now, if one kid sees you always playing with the other kid and never giving them the time of day, it would most definitely pass the wrong message. It would be even more traumatic for him/her if s/he makes efforts to be with you, and you turn them down subtly or directly.

So, as much as you can, spend quality time with your kids. Engage in activities that you can both enjoy and have genuine discussions along the way. If, for important reasons, you have to prioritize one child over another, explain to the others when they try to come to you.

READ MORE: https://valourdigest.com/how-you-can-show-love-to-your-children-equally/
Re: How You Can Show Love To Your Children Equally by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 19, 2020
My dad loves me too much and couldn't hide it,my brothers had no option but to join him in loving me too lol
Re: How You Can Show Love To Your Children Equally by thorpido(m): 11:29am On Sep 19, 2020
Zzor:
My dad loves me too much and couldn't hide it,my brothers had no option but to join him in loving me too lol
Are you the only daughter?
Parents should exercise caution with their favouritism.It could cause bad blood between the children.
Re: How You Can Show Love To Your Children Equally by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 19, 2020
thorpido:
Are you the only daughter?
Parents should exercise caution with their favouritism.It could cause bad blood between the children.
Yes I'm his only daughter,he tried but his love for me is beyond his control,its a rare bond and my brothers don't have problems with that,i think being the last born made them all join him in loving me
Re: How You Can Show Love To Your Children Equally by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 19, 2020
Op, Most times It Depends On D Behaviour Of D Children, Perhaps One Of Ur Child Always Do Things Dat Makes U Happy & Is Also Obedient To U & Ur Other Child Always Do Things Dat Annoys U, Take Ur Words 4 Granted & He/she Is Disobedient Or Very Stubborn. Normally, U As A Father Or A Mother, U Would Want To Be More Concern Abt D Obedient Child Who Is Obedient To U & Makes U Happy Dan D Disobedient Or Stubborn Child. Even Jesus Made An Example Of Dis In D Bible.
Re: How You Can Show Love To Your Children Equally by mariahAngel(f): 4:20pm On Sep 19, 2020
Zzor:

I hope you give back all that love in your own way too.
To whom much is given, much, if not more is expected.
Re: How You Can Show Love To Your Children Equally by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 20, 2020
mariahAngel:

I hope you give back all that love in your own way too.
To whom much is given, much, if not more is expected.
Ofcourse I'm giving it back and shall continue doing so

(1) (Reply)

Missing 11 Years Old Girl / 11 Questions you must ask before renting in Lagos / The Nwanosike Royal Family On The Cover Of Royal Diamond Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.