Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,648 members, 7,958,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:21 AM

What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? - Family (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? (61014 Views)

"I Don't Know How Dad Got My Pretty Mum": Lady Shares Throwback Photo Of Parents / 12 Types Of Parents You See In Nigeria / Ihedioha, My Kind Of Model At 53. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by katyamizotta: 3:17pm On Sep 20, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Greetings Nairalanders,
I want to seek for you peoples opinions regarding my family challenges.

I'm from a broken home. My parents divorced when I was a child of two years. I'm the only child from their union. My father and mother abandoned me and remarried to other spouse each. I passed through hell growing up with relatives who insulted me with all kinds of names and I was treated like a slave to their own children.

Because of public outcry about my dehumanizing treatment, my father came to village and took me to the city. It was from fry pan to fire experience as my father's new wife was maltreating me. At a point, my father asked me to leave his house that since my arrival, he don't have peace with his wife.

I packed to the house of a relative and work in a block industry to help myself. Most times, I slept in a CAC church close to the relative house as the two-room apartment is not enough for his family. My mother never care if I was alive. She never call me nor reply to letter I sent through someone to her. I continued working in the block industry and started a part time programme. I completed the part time programme and did my NYSC and master degree. I got a job with University of Ado Ekiti with the help of a course mate, managing myself now and surprisingly my mother and father started calling me often.

Both of them have 6 children each with their respective second spouse. Mother want his son to come and live with me, I refused and my father too have been requesting for financial assistance which I also refused. I don't want to have anything to do with both of them. My father's daughter recently called me to help her with school fees, I bluntly told her to ask her mother what she did to me and caught the call. Since then, she never call.

I'm alone and have just two friends. I don't have family. All of them calling now are just looking for what to get from me, not that they care about me. My mother never call me once to ask about my welfare even when I sent my phone number to her through her relative. I wrote WAEC, completed degree course before she started calling me and it is only to request for one thing or other. I'm planning to get married without telling them and build a separate family.

Forgive. Speak with them from afar. They will try to strike you using their kids.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by mufutau55(m): 3:24pm On Sep 20, 2020
Abandon all of them too.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by mex2bad: 3:31pm On Sep 20, 2020
Olatoman:
I read a bit of replies to this, and what I think I should point out briefly is this, they are not your Parents. Parents are essentially caregivers of their offsprings. This are simply your biological father, and mother. You were treated like the bad product of a bad union, with no one wanting a reminder of that union, and in their hindsight, failed to account for the future.

I think you should offer forgiveness, if you want to, as theirs healing from that, but offer naught companionship to them, aye?

They also have offsprings from their respective unions, so why must they single-handed focus on you, wanting you to provide for them, not caring how you fairing and eve knowing the means to do so?

You can at your discretion, send whatever you want to them once in a while, but I do not think it will be healthy for you (mentally and all), to succumb to their pressure, as that pressure will not just be upon you, but on the family you are likely to raise later in the future.

For your step siblings, I think you need to make them acknowledge who you are first of all, and maybe understand the gravity of what your parents did, but also, might be necessary to have a form of relationship with them, cordial enough to start with.

This is not a period of demands upon you, but a period of sobriety and acknowledgment of wrong doing to you.

I am quoting the above post because I agree with most of his advice to you.

In addition to his advice I will say...

My brother, I read your post and I can imagine how you feel. I advice that you forgive your parents not because of them but for your own good. Also try to have a relationship with your half siblings, note that they have no fault in this situation. Some will be good and you will have a beautiful and healthy healing relationship with them. For the ones that aren't good you maintain a formal arms length relationship.

In all of this never forget one thing, in life only God can't fail you, don't rely on any man to make you happy.

Also don't let anyone put you under any form of financial pressure or obligation. If its N1000 you can send to half siblings or parents without stress, send it and no more. Set financial and relationship goals and work to achieve them. It is natural for your people to come to you because you are progressing, hold God close, forgive all, send little gifts (if and when you can afford) and live your life.

God bless and keep you.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 20, 2020
Almost part my story when I lost both my Parents...
This Guy is really a nice guy to even think about what to do I swear.
smh...
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by val68(m): 4:27pm On Sep 20, 2020
Your parents are bad example of a good parents.... they should jst go and ask for forgiveness from God. You can forgive them, but be very careful with them especially when you are dealing with them. Dont let them get closer at all if not you will regret your life. Trust me you can't satisfy them no matter what you give them because they're evil parents.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by SaintUlot: 5:00pm On Sep 20, 2020
@secretspy666, see those people that claimed to be your parents as dead to you. You have been living as an orphan since all this while and it is too late for that to change now. Those your so-called parents wouldn't have remembered you if you have been consumed in your struggle. Don't let anybody coerce you to have anything to do with them, because they just want to reap where they didn't sow. Forgiving people like that will give other irresponsible parents more motivation to misbehave, with the hope that they can abandon their child and come back to reap if such child luckily make it in life by chance.

God himself says you shall reap whatever you sow, please don't change that narration and don't let anybody manipulate you emotionally that they are your parents, they can't be replaced, it's a lie. Me and my family say no to Irresponsible parents.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by SaintUlot: 5:03pm On Sep 20, 2020
@op if you forgive them and if things change the other way round for you unfortunately(I pray such misfortune won't befall you) They will abandon you again.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by SecretSpy666: 5:20pm On Sep 20, 2020
Thank you all
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by DTutu1: 5:27pm On Sep 20, 2020
Well, in my own opinion you may not have gotten to this level of education and status if you were with them or any of them. You are a child of destiny which needs to scale through the difficult road to attain maturity!

As for forgiveness, no one can advice you on that because I know your heart has already told you what to do.

If u are still confused, pray over it and ask your fiancé about it.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Bianda24: 6:24pm On Sep 20, 2020
Oizee:
eyya, may God console you and your Mum continue to rest in peace, when I said he should forgive, people really misinterpreted it.
The luv can't be there again especially if you remember ur mom that didn't enjoy d fruit of her labour. I will forgive him, but when I'm eating Chicken, they will be eating starch and ponmo bcuz they don't deserve Rice and chicken. The pain is much but guy should just forgive.
I myself have someone I don't get along with, my maternal Uncle, my late Mum trained him and he was doing as if he was appreciating then, he later got married and life was ok, we lost my Mum.
Initially we were d one calling as per our Uncle not to ask of anything from him. He didn't reciprocate the same, he thought maybe my younger ones might be begging him for some stuff, I was lucky cuz I was working and married, so I seek for my hubby's consent if our last born could stay with us and he said no wahala. D boy finished sec school, and gained admission in Unillorin and finished school, my uncle wasn't aware.
He couldn't even pretend at all to call for once.
My little bro mark waec and neco exams, he went to submit papers in Lokoja and saw my Uncle in waec office, that was how he knew d boy is even a graduate. One thing in my life is this, if I discovered I don't matter to u, I will distance from u and keep my pain, failure and success all to myself. Now he's d one telling people to beg us.
He told someone one that he's own sister's Son snubbed him when they met somewhere. U see I have completely put a gap between us forever, but if na fada, u have to forgive but d luv can't be there again. People who were never in your shoes will be reminding u he's ur fada no matter what.
Thank you very much for your prayers. May the Lord continue to uplift and favour you on every side.
I agree with you when you said something about forgiveness. If one does not forgive, what can one do. I also agree with you when you said "if I am eating chicken, he will be eating ponmo". As a matter of fact, that is what I am doing. I gave him money but these are money for food. I feel he does not deserve more than that from me
Like you said, many people who do not know my story always admonished that i should asdist him big time after all he is my father, but I don't give in to their emotional blackmail. I always remember vividly what my late mum went through in order to put food on the table.
My dad left my mum when she was 35 years old with 4 children and she never married another man despite the fact that she was beautiful. According to her, she did not want to bear children for different men. Besides, those men might not like her children.
She sacrificed a lot for us; her happiness, health and freedom and my dad was busy marrying and remarrying other women.
It may interest you to know that my dad used his clout to get bursary for her step children in my state and these children are from another tribe while I couldn't secure a bursary.
Time and space will not permit me to narrate the whole episode. Thank you and God bless, it is nice to know that someone understands me.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Sunnimuslim: 12:18am On Sep 21, 2020
This is almost related to what Eminem went through. He also neglected his mum when he became successful but he still help out his step siblings from their abusive mother.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by AngelicBeing: 6:41am On Sep 21, 2020
mufutau55:
Abandon all of them too.
Hian, Lol, Hajj don vex cheesy
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by mufutau55(m): 12:31pm On Sep 21, 2020
AngelicBeing:
Hian, Lol, Hajj don vex cheesy

Nah true, my brother. We all get those kind yeyeh family.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 21, 2020
Seventy7kings:
Hmmm...
Strange story. I don't know what to say

Lol what Is strange here. An Occurrence that Is very common In Shiiithole......
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by SecretSpy666: 1:51pm On Sep 21, 2020
Sunnimuslim:
This is almost related to what Eminem went through. He also neglected his mum when he became successful but he still help out his step siblings from their abusive mother.
Too bad
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Pataricatering(f): 5:59pm On Sep 21, 2020
SecretSpy666:

The got to know of where I'm working. I don't know who told them. They arranged with someone I was relating with to bring them to my house. When I got Intel about it. Warned the person not to bring anyone to my house and dissociated with the person. Now they are saying I'm rich and don't want to help anyone but I don't care.
di u know how many things u can use ur money for ? Investments , treasury bills , etc ! These ppl r ready to suck u dry despite no investment in ur life amd no love for u ! Do not let anybody convince I about any rubbish - not all times blood is thicker than water - these ones will not have a problem harming you just to get what they want . Be wise
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Aimerosa25(f): 8:33am On Sep 22, 2020
These people don't love you, they don't care about you, what if you died or lost a finger through labouring, would they care? When you were struggling,where they there? Now that you are on your feet they want to drink garri that they didn't buy, you can choose to help your step sister, but not more than that, it is your money and you can do whatever u want, don't be moved by the fact that they are your parents that wouldn't have bothered if u died , are those parents? Don't let your fiance convince you else you may not like the outcome of things.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by BluntNigerian: 1:04pm On Sep 23, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Greetings Nairalanders,
I want to seek for you peoples opinions regarding my family challenges.

I'm from a broken home. My parents divorced when I was a child of two years. I'm the only child from their union. My father and mother abandoned me and remarried to other spouse each. I passed through hell growing up with relatives who insulted me with all kinds of names and I was treated like a slave to their own children.

Because of public outcry about my dehumanizing treatment, my father came to village and took me to the city. It was from fry pan to fire experience as my father's new wife was maltreating me. At a point, my father asked me to leave his house that since my arrival, he don't have peace with his wife.

I packed to the house of a relative and work in a block industry to help myself. Most times, I slept in a CAC church close to the relative house as the two-room apartment is not enough for his family. My mother never care if I was alive. She never call me nor reply to letter I sent through someone to her. I continued working in the block industry and started a part time programme. I completed the part time programme and did my NYSC and master degree. I got a job with University of Ado Ekiti with the help of a course mate, managing myself now and surprisingly my mother and father started calling me often.

Both of them have 6 children each with their respective second spouse. Mother want his son to come and live with me, I refused and my father too have been requesting for financial assistance which I also refused. I don't want to have anything to do with both of them. My father's daughter recently called me to help her with school fees, I bluntly told her to ask her mother what she did to me and caught the call. Since then, she never call.

I'm alone and have just two friends. I don't have family. All of them calling now are just looking for what to get from me, not that they care about me. My mother never call me once to ask about my welfare even when I sent my phone number to her through her relative. I wrote WAEC, completed degree course before she started calling me and it is only to request for one thing or other. I'm planning to get married without telling them and build a separate family.
This one would be difficult ooo..
You don't marry alone naa..
You must go with “family”.
So, prepare your mind now, and sort out which and which people you would use as your “Family”.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by SecretSpy666: 3:05pm On Sep 23, 2020
BluntNigerian:
This one would be difficult ooo..
You don't marry alone naa..
You must go with “family”.
So, prepare your mind now, and sort out which and which people you would use as your “Family”.
Okay. Thanks
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Oluchia(f): 4:28pm On Sep 23, 2020
Jeez! This story day pain me. What kind of parents are this?? I cannot ask you to forgive them o because I'm not sure I will be able to do same if I were in your shoes. Please just follow your heart and do what will give you peace of mind. That's all I can say.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by SecretSpy666: 9:19am On Oct 01, 2020
Oluchia:
Jeez! This story day pain me. What kind of parents are this?? I cannot ask you to forgive them o because I'm not sure I will be able to do same if I were in your shoes. Please just follow your heart and do what will give you peace of mind. That's all I can say.

Okay. Thanks
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by ArcToyin(m): 2:54pm On Oct 20, 2020
mariahAngel:

Have they at least asked for your forgiveness?
What a brilliant question?
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by SecretSpy666: 4:02pm On Feb 03, 2023
Thank you all

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

My Wife Is A Good Woman But Hates Sex After Marriage / Pre-Wedding Photos Of A Nairalander And His Pregnant Fiancée / This Happens When You Marry A Yoruba Man (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.