Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,460 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Edo Election: Raymond Dokpesi Wins His Polling Unit - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Election: Raymond Dokpesi Wins His Polling Unit (59547 Views)

Peter Obi Wins His Polling Unit In Agulu, APC And PDP Score Zero Votes / Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit / Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Election: Raymond Dokpesi Wins His Polling Unit by Skymason20(m): 8:09pm On Sep 19, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Mehnnnn....I can't wait

Enough booze and weed to celebrate
me just want dey with enough harizonal grin
Re: Edo Election: Raymond Dokpesi Wins His Polling Unit by xreal: 8:09pm On Sep 19, 2020
Which kain topic be dis?

Is Raymond Dokpesi contesting?

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Raymond Dokpesi Wins His Polling Unit by feedthenation(m): 8:10pm On Sep 19, 2020
Everybody wants PDP to win in Edo state

3 Likes

Re: Edo Election: Raymond Dokpesi Wins His Polling Unit by Ayosman1: 8:10pm On Sep 19, 2020
LG results are coming already

Re: Edo Election: Raymond Dokpesi Wins His Polling Unit by Lamasta(m): 8:10pm On Sep 19, 2020
The way result is flying all over the internet you will think election was conducted in some people's bedroom grin

We await inec final result and declaration of winner
Re: Edo Election: Raymond Dokpesi Wins His Polling Unit by Goalnaldo(m): 8:12pm On Sep 19, 2020
smile11s:
PDP is on the way back. Time up for APC
The earlier you realize that both parties have nothing to offer, the better for you

2 Likes

Re: Edo Election: Raymond Dokpesi Wins His Polling Unit by Blackmann001: 8:15pm On Sep 19, 2020
I respect men like him...inspire of all the bully from APC against opposition: intimidation,threat, image damage, incaseration etc
He still stood for what he believes in...

My kinda man!

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Raymond Dokpesi Wins His Polling Unit by maiiilooo(m): 8:15pm On Sep 19, 2020
icuminpiss:
I'm not from EDO, but I want PDP to win
grin me too

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Raymond Dokpesi Wins His Polling Unit by brightology3: 8:16pm On Sep 19, 2020
Timekeeper:
Nice one..

The only party that will win this election is the party that buy my iPhone 7 plus 128gb..

Mark my words...
how much boss
Re: Edo Election: Raymond Dokpesi Wins His Polling Unit by excel101(m): 8:16pm On Sep 19, 2020
What this mean is that, no other persons voted for the ADC & SDP candidates, even non from their immediate and extended families.
Re: Edo Election: Raymond Dokpesi Wins His Polling Unit by Timekeeper: 8:20pm On Sep 19, 2020
brightology3:
how much boss

120k boss...
Re: Edo Election: Raymond Dokpesi Wins His Polling Unit by martineverest(m): 8:20pm On Sep 19, 2020
WinLABSstores:
Nigeria is indeed not ready for change and development.

Senseless electorates
u are the senseless one here....were u expecting Godfatherism to continue in Edo state?

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Raymond Dokpesi Wins His Polling Unit by brightology3: 8:22pm On Sep 19, 2020
Timekeeper:

120k boss...
how long have u been using it
Re: Edo Election: Raymond Dokpesi Wins His Polling Unit by Timekeeper: 8:23pm On Sep 19, 2020
brightology3:
how long have u been using it

Never reach a year... Check my profile.. U go see the pictures.. I can send to u on whatsapp too
Re: Edo Election: Raymond Dokpesi Wins His Polling Unit by Uncleodi(m): 8:26pm On Sep 19, 2020
rowosky:
Please I have a question
Does Edo have any ancestral roots with Ondo
Cause I'm from Akoko N-W in Ondo State
And there is Akoko in Edo State
Slawormir(Mr Edo) your help is needed

Akoko people occupy the hilliest and most rugged part of Yorubaland, a phenomenon which historian, S.A. Akintoye posits, is an explanation for the great cultural diversity found among the group. The people’s ancestral abode is in the North East part of Yorubaland and the northern end of Ondo State, sharing borders with Kogi, Edo and Owo people. They are unlike other Yoruba groups in having diverse language dialect, and every town and villages maintained its independence from the others.

Akoko communities originated from five different sources including Ile-Ife, Owo, Ekiti, Benin, and Kabba. Generally, the traditional history of the origin and migration of the people revolves around Ife myths where it is said that sixteen children of Oduduwa conquered aboriginal peoples to integrate them into the new political order.

Some forty-five towns and villages are counted as Akoko, among the bigger is Oka, populated by migrants from Ile-Ife who wanted a suitable abode. Having settled around the precincts of lofty hills, they formed an alliance that protected them against Nupe and Edo invasions. Epinmi, like a few other towns have history of origin traced to Benin kingdom. Akoko kingdoms have similar traditional religious views which consisted of major Yoruba dieties. Their consciousness of the oneness of the divine order however is reflected in names children had been christened with even before the advent of monotheist religions, such as Olorunfemi, and Oluwadamilola, both acknowledging the beneficence of God. Both Islam and Christianity is represented among Akoko population. Akoko tradition speak of at least twenty-seven invasions of the country by armies of powerful neighbors, especially Owo.

The Edo, due to the proximity of their Benin kingdom, especially the Afenmai areas, successfully overan Akoko towns but faced frequent revolts that made rulership over the entire Akoko difficult. From 1865, it became subsumed under the new power of Ibadan which moved fast to replace the declined empire of Oyo. Because of its relative distance from Ibadan, Akoko was always the poorly defended backwood province of the Ibadan empire. Ogedengbe, the 19th Century Ijesa warrior harnessed this weakness when it sacked Akoko towns under Ibadan dominion in the 1870s. While some towns surrounded to Ogedengbe, others like Ido-ani, Afo, and Ikun, which resisted were destroyed and the people enslaved.

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Raymond Dokpesi Wins His Polling Unit by Uncleodi(m): 8:27pm On Sep 19, 2020
[quote author=rowosky post=94095077][/quote]

Some forty-five towns and villages are counted as Akoko, among the bigger is Oka, populated by migrants from Ile-Ife who wanted a suitable abode. Having settled around the precincts of lofty hills, they formed an alliance that protected them against Nupe and Edo invasions. Epinmi, like a few other towns have history of origin traced to Benin kingdom. Akoko kingdoms have similar traditional religious views which consisted of major Yoruba dieties.

Their consciousness of the oneness of the divine order however is reflected in names children had been christened with even before the advent of monotheist religions, such as Olorunfemi, and Oluwadamilola, both acknowledging the beneficence of God. Both Islam and Christianity is represented among Akoko population. Akoko tradition speak of at least twenty-seven invasions of the country by armies of powerful neighbors, especially Owo.

The Edo, due to the proximity of their Benin kingdom, especially the Afenmai areas, successfully overan Akoko towns but faced frequent revolts that made rulership over the entire Akoko difficult. From 1865, it became subsumed under the new power of Ibadan which moved fast to replace the declined empire of Oyo. Because of its relative distance from Ibadan, Akoko was always the poorly defended backwood province of the Ibadan empire. Ogedengbe, the 19th Century Ijesa warrior harnessed this weakness when it sacked Akoko towns under Ibadan dominion in the 1870s. While some towns surrounded to Ogedengbe, others like Ido-ani, Afo, and Ikun, which resisted were destroyed and the people enslaved.

At the closing of the century came the British power which ended both the side wars waged by Ado Ekiti celebrated warlord, Aduloju against Akoko people, and Ogendengbe-led Ekiti Paparpo War against domineering Ibadan. Akoko lands, like other Yoruba hinterland kingdoms thus came under British protectorate. Akoko people now constitute the majority in Ondo state after the severing of Ekiti which was part of the state till 1996. Although Islam was first to be introduced to the people, Muslim population have dwindled in favor of Christianity over the years, Akoko land, being close to the center of the fierce revival of Moses Orimolade, who was a son, and Ayodele Babalola who preached in the villages in 1930.
Re: Edo Election: Raymond Dokpesi Wins His Polling Unit by elantraceey(f): 8:28pm On Sep 19, 2020
Ayosman1:

What the source of this?
Re: Edo Election: Raymond Dokpesi Wins His Polling Unit by Kellie069(m): 8:29pm On Sep 19, 2020
rowosky:
Please I have a question
Does Edo have any ancestral roots with Ondo
Cause I'm from Akoko N-W in Ondo State
And there is Akoko in Edo State
Slawormir(Mr Edo) your help is needed

I am from Akoko-edo in edo state actually !! Edo-north shares a boundary with ondo state! We even get Adaba Fm from ondo state in our radio! Even OSRC!!! People from this side bear Yoruba names , like my self , my sister , my mum , my grand pa and my uncles .

But again , the igbira speaking pple of Kogi state speaks almost the same thing with the Etuno speaking pple of akoko edo, which happens to be the headquarters called igarra

2 Likes

Re: Edo Election: Raymond Dokpesi Wins His Polling Unit by Honchoslim16(m): 8:32pm On Sep 19, 2020
Goddamn mehn!

Ok!
Re: Edo Election: Raymond Dokpesi Wins His Polling Unit by samwillyco1(m): 8:34pm On Sep 19, 2020
We are watching and waiting for the final DRAMA .
Last last APC is Likely to WIN

What of ADAMS Oshiomhole's pooling unit I need to see the results from that place

Last Last ADAMS Oshiomhole, Obaseki and Pastor IZU will RECONCILE.
Re: Edo Election: Raymond Dokpesi Wins His Polling Unit by Reader530(m): 8:34pm On Sep 19, 2020
Ayosman1:
How genuine is this result?
Re: Edo Election: Raymond Dokpesi Wins His Polling Unit by icuminpiss(m): 8:35pm On Sep 19, 2020
[quote author=NaMe4 post=94095429]

I got guys from the North calling and messaging me today, asking what's going on.

They're hoping Obaseki wins.

This election is a pivotal point in the political history of Nigeria

This is not a matter of political party, but the future for a better Nigeria[/quote
PDP fit dey lead for day time oh, night APC go do their things. Lmao
Re: Edo Election: Raymond Dokpesi Wins His Polling Unit by JMEN: 8:35pm On Sep 19, 2020
With this PDP winning shortly you will hear inconclusive to enable them solve the mathematics.
Re: Edo Election: Raymond Dokpesi Wins His Polling Unit by Nchenches: 8:38pm On Sep 19, 2020
WonderManly:
As you can see...

Everything in Nigeria shall sink down if APC continues to govern Nigeria after PMB.

Re: Edo Election: Raymond Dokpesi Wins His Polling Unit by AuroraBrls: 8:47pm On Sep 19, 2020
The truth is that as much as l would love Obaseki to win to show Ambode what he could have won if he fough; l have come to realize PDP wins elections initially online with eWarriors/kepboardActivist, but later on APC wins in real life.

No one should attack me ooh, l don't even have a voters card ooh.
Re: Edo Election: Raymond Dokpesi Wins His Polling Unit by georgeakins: 8:48pm On Sep 19, 2020
Has he returned the N2 billion he collected from Goodluck Jonathan?
Re: Edo Election: Raymond Dokpesi Wins His Polling Unit by otokx(m): 8:48pm On Sep 19, 2020
poor voter turnout as usual .
Re: Edo Election: Raymond Dokpesi Wins His Polling Unit by Dpaulie(m): 8:50pm On Sep 19, 2020
Timekeeper:
Nice one..

The only party that will win this election is the party that buy my iPhone 7 plus 128gb..

Mark my words...
how much, pics
Re: Edo Election: Raymond Dokpesi Wins His Polling Unit by WonderManly(m): 8:58pm On Sep 19, 2020
Nchenches:

Everything in Nigeria shall sink down if APC continues to govern Nigeria after PMB.

Naso oooo!
Re: Edo Election: Raymond Dokpesi Wins His Polling Unit by Timekeeper: 9:02pm On Sep 19, 2020
Dpaulie:
how much, pics

120k..

Re: Edo Election: Raymond Dokpesi Wins His Polling Unit by Dizzyrascal(m): 9:24pm On Sep 19, 2020
Timekeeper:
Nice one..

Mark my words...
grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted / Okorocha Renames Ministry Of Happiness, Blames Printer’s Devil / President Buhari's Cute Face (original Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.