Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit (42750 Views)

Festus Keyamo Reacts As Atiku Loses To Buhari At The Supreme Court / Atiku Loses Polling Unit To Buhari / Atiku Loses 800,000-Member South-West Campaign Group To Buhari, APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by vicdom(m): 12:15am On Jul 23, 2022
grin
I watched the interview Atiku granted to the Arise news, Atiku was being over confidence and delusional. Obi has more electoral value than him by far. Even kwankwaso has more electoral value than him. Only a few politicians in Nigeria today than can move to an unknown party with his followers and rekindled it to become a major force.

Those people are Obi, kwankwaso and Buhari. No other person can do it. Atiku and Tinubu are only banking on already established structures of the party. When Atiku contested under ACN, how much votes did he garner?? Somebody that lost in his polling unit in 2019 to his buhari was mocking a serious force that polled millions of votes for him from his region. It was because of Obi Osibanjo lost in his own polling unit there in Lagos. if not because of southern votes obi polled for him, buhari would have messed him up in that election. Oya let's see how he will perform in 2023 even with his PDP established structures without Obi.

322 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by hurryup123(m): 12:22am On Jul 23, 2022
But this time around Buhari is not contesting

270 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Totilopussylick(m): 12:51am On Jul 23, 2022
Both him and Tinubu will eventually lose to labour party in the next presidential elections in Nigeria tongue

817 Likes 48 Shares

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Mirriamvic(f): 1:06am On Jul 23, 2022
Election are not won on social media
I kept wondering what they meant

Thank you Atiku for clarifying that.
90%of northerners are not on social media in this 21st century.
They enslaved their own people and keep them of social media for their Political gains.

603 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Megabig: 1:16am On Jul 23, 2022
hurryup123:
But this time around Buhari is not contesting
He lost his own booth to an opponent that is not from his booth or even local government. How una de take defend people sef. Haba

569 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Nobody: 1:40am On Jul 23, 2022
Leading to success.

244 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by PlayerMeji: 1:45am On Jul 23, 2022
Atiku Obsession has began!

Then Permutation kicks in..if Atiku does this, then Pitobi will do that!

231 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by vicdom(m): 1:58am On Jul 23, 2022
Megabig:

He lost his own booth to an opponent that is not from his booth or even local government. How una de take defend people sef. Haba
Abeg ask am ooo. If kwankwaso was given this PDP Presidential ticket, by now he would be writing his inaugural speech because it will be a landslide victory for him. Atiku is politically a liability, he only used his money to by ticket. If not because of Christians voters in adamawa that voted for him in mass, Buhari would have disgraced him in his own state. Go and look at the result, it was the bulk of votes from the christian dominated area of adamawa that gave him a slight edge against buhari. Look at the havoc Obi wrecked against buhari in the eastern region, even when it was clear the Eastern governors were against him. In Anambra alone, buhari had just 1% of the total votes cast. Obi secored 590k against 50k that buhari got, it shows how strong you are. The then governor of Anambra, Obiano collapsed APGA structure to support Buhari due to the rift he has with Obi, still obi was able to muscle all of them and secured 99% votes in the state. Infact, Obiano released a secular before that election, mandating all the civil servants of the state to vote APC or stand a chance of losing their jobs. I won't be surprised if he loses North to Tinubu.

416 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Indispensable85(m): 2:05am On Jul 23, 2022
vicdom:

Abeg ask am ooo. If kwankwaso was given this PDP Presidential ticket, by now he would be writing his inaugural speech because it will be a landslide victory for him. Atiku is politically a liability, he only used his money to by ticket. If not because of Christians voters in adamawa that voted for him in mass, Buhari would have disgraced him in his own state. Go and look at the result, it was the bulk of votes from the christian dominated area of adamawa that gave him a slight edge against buhari. Look at the havoc Obi wrecked against buhari in the eastern region, even when it was clear the Eastern governors were against him. In Anambra alone, buhari had just 1% of the total votes cast. Obi secored 590k against 50k that buhari got, it shows how strong you are. The then governor of Anambra, Obiano collapsed APGA structure to support Buhari due to the rift he has with Obi, still obi was able to muscle all of them and secured 99% votes in the state. Infact, Obiano released a secular before that election, mandating all the civil servants of the state to vote APC or stand a chance of losing their jobs. I won't be surprised if he loses North to Tinubu.

You must have failed mathematics in high school. How's 50k votes 1% of the total votes cast? Lol......
But I agree with you that Atiku is not as strong in the north as people are presuming.

296 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by MadeInTokyo: 2:23am On Jul 23, 2022
N

199 Likes

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Omonieme: 4:51am On Jul 23, 2022
Atiku is not really strong politically. That's not to say he doesn't have his own structure and area of strength but overall, Atiku's isn't that strong a politician. And that's why Obi's candidature will do more harm to his presidential bid than any other factor. If it was to be an Atiku/Obi ticket again in d forthcoming elections, then Atiku should have been writing his inaugural speech cause the SE and SS which are PDP and by extension Atiku's major voting block would have been on lock with a sprinkling of votes from the SW, at least 50% of votes from the NC, majority of votes from the NE and whatever they could get from the NW would have been enough. But nah! He now has to share his major bloc with Obi.... And it shows his lack of calculation. Knowing Obi to be an asset whose candidature would split his votes, why didn't Atiku reach out to him when he started hearing rumors about an Obi presidential bid and convince him to join him on a repeat of the 2019 ticket? With Buhari not contesting, the north would have given him a good number of votes. Add that to his bloc votes and he'd have been home and dry.

317 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Omonieme: 4:57am On Jul 23, 2022
And, this is why I laugh whenever people claim the 2019 elections were rigged and why Atiku's comical case of an Inec server where he won will still always baffle me. Like dude, you lost your polling unit, narrowly won ur state with less than 2 percent and the elections generally followed predicted trends. There's no where Atiku ought to have won that he didn't win. Core north, Buhari won as predicted. I was actually surprised by the low margin of victory Buhari recorded in the SW. And yet they thought Atiku won. Lol. Someone who stayed on the queue, his own people saw him and still didn't vote for him. How's that possible sef? Me, I'll win my polling unit in any election I'm standing for. And as for Kwankwaso, that one na another noise maker. Someone who as the incumbent senator lost his senatorial election thinks he stands a chance for presidency.

303 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by rolams(m): 5:03am On Jul 23, 2022
I am laughing. I just dey laugh!

232 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by DrAkpamudehe: 6:32am On Jul 23, 2022
Obi-dient urchins now use Atiku to masturbate grin

220 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by WonderManly(m): 7:36am On Jul 23, 2022
Let's see what will happen this time around... Now that Buhari is not contesting.
I will just be observing anyway.

211 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by vicdom(m): 7:38am On Jul 23, 2022
Omonieme:
And, this is why I laugh whenever people claim the 2019 elections were rigged and why Atiku's comical case of an Inec server where he won will still always baffle me. Like dude, you lost your polling unit, narrowly won ur state with less than 2 percent and the elections generally followed predicted trends. There's no where Atiku ought to have won that he didn't win. Core north, Buhari won as predicted. I was actually surprised by the low margin of victory Buhari recorded in the SW. And yet they thought Atiku won. Lol. Someone who stayed on the queue, his own people saw him and still didn't vote for him. How's that possible sef? Me, I'll win my polling unit in any election I'm standing for. And as for Kwankwaso, that one na another noise maker. Someone who as the incumbent senator lost his senatorial election thinks he stands a chance for presidency.
what are you saying?? Kwankwaso didn't contest for senatorial seat in 2019 nah... It was in 2015 when he joined APC that he contested and won. In 2018, ahead of 2019, he came back to PDP and sponsored his political mentee who's also his in-law for jano governorship election and almost won an incumbent. He didn't contest for any seat in that election, you can go and check. He only contested for presidential primary but he lost to Atiku.

214 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by successmatters(m): 7:39am On Jul 23, 2022
Mirriamvic:
I kept wondering what they meant

Thank you Atiku for clarifying that.
90%of northerners are not on social media in this 21st century.
They enslaved their own people and keep them of social media for their Political gains.

Then get off social media. Tell atiku to deactivate his twitter account.

Until then, your kidding yourself.

227 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by vicdom(m): 7:50am On Jul 23, 2022
successmatters:

Read again, this time, slowly, don't be in a haste, you will understand that you and the person you quoted are on same page.

262 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by pacesetting: 8:14am On Jul 23, 2022
Atiku is not really a political strategist. Otherwise he would have done everything possible to pull Obi to his side. He didn't even try.

He is even making matters worse with the way he has treated Wike. Apart from Lagos, Rivers has the highest number of voters in the entire South.

Atiku is only relevant because of his money. That's the only reason why he keeps winning primaries.
Omonieme:
Atiku is not really strong politically. That's not to say he doesn't have his own structure and area of strength but overall, Atiku's isn't that strong a politician. And that's why Obi's candidature will do more harm to his presidential bid than any other factor. If it was to be an Atiku/Obi ticket again in d forthcoming elections, then Atiku should have been writing his inaugural speech cause the SE and SS which are PDP and by extension Atiku's major voting block would have been on lock with a sprinkling of votes from the SW, at least 50% of votes from the NC, majority of votes from the NE and whatever they could get from the NW would have been enough. But nah! He now has to share his major bloc with Obi.... And it shows his lack of calculation. Knowing Obi to be an asset whose candidature would split his votes, why didn't Atiku reach out to him when he started hearing rumors about an Obi presidential bid and convince him to join him on a repeat of the 2019 ticket? With Buhari not contesting, the north would have given him a good number of votes. Add that to his bloc votes and he'd have been home and dry.

255 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Mirriamvic(f): 8:15am On Jul 23, 2022
successmatters:

Atiku doesn't lie.
Besides, his Twitter account is being managed by probably a manager from South.

215 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by BigDawsNet: 9:33am On Jul 23, 2022
Wonderful

210 Likes

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Dilosomo(m): 9:33am On Jul 23, 2022
Interesting

209 Likes

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by ifedubris: 9:33am On Jul 23, 2022
Wow

209 Likes

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by CalabarPikin: 9:34am On Jul 23, 2022
So shall he also win all round

211 Likes

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by majamajic(m): 9:34am On Jul 23, 2022
Obi is a force , a movement !

Am Obidient !

257 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by kenbee(f): 9:34am On Jul 23, 2022
Even the History and Records are getting Obi-dient Obi is loved by every forward thinking Nigerian.
Obi's movement is Divine. The movement is even beyond Peter Obi himself.

261 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by kenedy175(m): 9:34am On Jul 23, 2022
The fear of Peter Obi is the beginning of wisdom. APC and PDP know this, that's why they keep fighting tooth and nail to bring him down.

But the force behind Obi is stronger than what he could imagine

269 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:35am On Jul 23, 2022
cool

209 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by twilliamx(m): 9:35am On Jul 23, 2022
LINUS Obi.. A man that is riding on made up stories to win election. He said he saved money. If you know how to use money, your money will always be at work. He couldn't even increase the IGR of Anambra. The same way Jonathan lied that he has no shoes, Buhari claimed he was mr integrity, integrity we no see, I no get house abroad, them Don show him house for abroad, I no get pass 2 watch, them Don show him 3rd watch, a man who said others are corrupt but, took states funds and invested in family business. Nigeria no get better candidate. Nothing will change as long as the useless constitution is what is guiding us. The only people that will still enjoy this country in 2023 are the politicians.

205 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Macareni: 9:35am On Jul 23, 2022
History will repeat itself.

210 Likes

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by pyyxxaro: 9:36am On Jul 23, 2022
$1 - #1000 by December

212 Likes

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Salvador1: 9:36am On Jul 23, 2022
cheesy

By 2023 APC can't even see 1 vote again.

226 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Atiku Supported While Walking In Anambra (Video) / Senator Buruji Kashamu At The Inauguration Of The 8th National Assembly (photos) / Peter Obi: Why Should I Steal Public Money When I’m Richer Than Joe Bidden?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.