Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

Samai’la Adamu Burga To Farmers: Don’t Rush To Sell Your Produce - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Samai’la Adamu Burga To Farmers: Don’t Rush To Sell Your Produce (14713 Views)

U.S. Shouldn’t Rush To Embrace Nigerian Election Results —US Senator Jim Risch / Tinubu To Farmers In Minna: Hope Is Now Renewed And Help Is Here (Video) / Photos Of Tax Receipts Issued By Boko Haram To Farmers, Herdsmen In Borno Contro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samai’la Adamu Burga To Farmers: Don’t Rush To Sell Your Produce by tillaman(m): 5:53am On Sep 20, 2020
angry
Re: Samai’la Adamu Burga To Farmers: Don’t Rush To Sell Your Produce by CodeTemplar: 5:56am On Sep 20, 2020
The southern part is trapped. They can grow and consume but blocked the southerners who do not like growing from importing what they lack at global market rate.

2 Likes

Re: Samai’la Adamu Burga To Farmers: Don’t Rush To Sell Your Produce by DonPrezons: 6:07am On Sep 20, 2020
This kind of advice will definitely lead to increase in price of agricultural produce. Too bad for a country.
Re: Samai’la Adamu Burga To Farmers: Don’t Rush To Sell Your Produce by Quality20(m): 6:13am On Sep 20, 2020
D man is simply telling them not to sell to over exploitative merchants who buy at very cheap rates n hoard for over six months before selling at over 100% profit, thereby becoming extremely rich at d expense of d poor farmers who labored in vain

2 Likes

Re: Samai’la Adamu Burga To Farmers: Don’t Rush To Sell Your Produce by 4four(m): 6:19am On Sep 20, 2020
Mhen this country is a fail Nation, you can imaging the whole commissioner was advising farmers to be hoard the farm produce
Re: Samai’la Adamu Burga To Farmers: Don’t Rush To Sell Your Produce by Hasino2258: 6:19am On Sep 20, 2020
Quality20:
D man is simply telling them not to sell to over exploitative merchants who buy at very cheap rates n hoard for over six months before selling at over 100% profit, thereby becoming extremely rich at d expense of d poor farmers who labored in vain
exactly my thoughts
Re: Samai’la Adamu Burga To Farmers: Don’t Rush To Sell Your Produce by OlujobaSamuel: 6:27am On Sep 20, 2020
Quality20:
Yes oo. You are on point. It's a business decision itself, just because majority of the farmers are not learned enough to know this doesn't make it wrong.
Merchants/Brokers have always been mopping up during surplus and hoard to sell for excess profit during scarcity, I see no reason a farmer can't do same.
Re: Samai’la Adamu Burga To Farmers: Don’t Rush To Sell Your Produce by richiepolymer(m): 6:28am On Sep 20, 2020
cheesy
As in eh

One4me:
Imagine, a whole Governor of Bauchi State URGING Citizen-Farmers to START HOARDING FOOD STUFF, to create artificial scarcity and further increase in price!
Greedy B*$t*rd.
Anyway, Let me see how they will hoard Tomatos, Pepper and Vegetables. undecided grin
Buhari, come and see your brother o
. undecided
Re: Samai’la Adamu Burga To Farmers: Don’t Rush To Sell Your Produce by MajohBankz: 6:32am On Sep 20, 2020
In other words, wait till there's scarcity of food which will leads to high demand which equates high cost of food stuff.
Re: Samai’la Adamu Burga To Farmers: Don’t Rush To Sell Your Produce by jafsumar07: 6:33am On Sep 20, 2020
One thing is certain, the middlemen are partly responsible for the undue hike in food prices.

They buy the farmers' harvest at cheap rates, store for long, and only sell when we are deep into the dry season when there would food shortages.

Every year, we pray for a bumper harvest and when it comes, these middlemen buy it all, hoard it untill they are sure the masses are willing to pay any price. That is the nature of the game and I guess that is what the commissioner is trying to block.

To achieve the above, the government must take proactive steps towards making storage facilities available and affordable as the farmers don't have the financial muscle to store their produce for long.

1 Like

Re: Samai’la Adamu Burga To Farmers: Don’t Rush To Sell Your Produce by dingbang(m): 6:34am On Sep 20, 2020
Mad people full government walahi. . now mr governor, let me now describe how unwise you are..

Before you made such advise, did it occur to you to create a massive storage system for these farmers? I bet it didnt! You see, foolishness is a disease.
Re: Samai’la Adamu Burga To Farmers: Don’t Rush To Sell Your Produce by vRendoh(m): 6:35am On Sep 20, 2020
EdmundChidera:
Bauchi wants to capitalise on scarcity of food forecasted by business men without considering the Nigerians

The truth is that left for this people and their government, they will likely see and enjoy Nigerians suffer.

Grow your own food abi where you dey na on top water?
Nigerians just lazy around doing fine Guy! Dey there wait for who go sell food cheap because you be Nigerian.
Re: Samai’la Adamu Burga To Farmers: Don’t Rush To Sell Your Produce by Bhalo: 6:38am On Sep 20, 2020
Have You Always Wanted To Be A Web Designer/Developer, Or A Graphic Designer?

AT XTREME TECHNOLOGY, We offer online classes on both web design/development for as low as #3,000 & Graphic design for #1,000 Respectively.

Find The Most Affordable, Beginner Friendly Web Development / Graphics Design Courses @ XTREME TECHNOLOGY

We Start From The Absolute Scratch, Taking You From Zero To Hero.

For those interested, Click on the link below

https:///EARjJuypnP9E7aWRTvWmN9

Re: Samai’la Adamu Burga To Farmers: Don’t Rush To Sell Your Produce by Ghostmode2two(m): 6:39am On Sep 20, 2020
No state government has food banks even FG food bank is dead and this one is advising farmers not to cash out. Will you help them to preserve and store the perishable Agro products for future use and sales?
Re: Samai’la Adamu Burga To Farmers: Don’t Rush To Sell Your Produce by HundredWays(m): 6:46am On Sep 20, 2020
[s]
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so sophisticated
[/s]

Zero intellect
Re: Samai’la Adamu Burga To Farmers: Don’t Rush To Sell Your Produce by Saintinoo(m): 6:58am On Sep 20, 2020
Epstein:

https://dailypost.ng/2020/09/19/dont-rush-to-sell-your-produce-bauchi-agric-commissioner-warns-farmers/
When fulani man is on power, that is what you expect, instead of his dead ministry to provide avenue for farmers to produce more than demand, thereby storing some for dry season he is asking them not to sell the little they harvested so that there will be scarcity and the price will keep increasing.
A typical fulani man think everyone should become a farmer inorder to feed. No wonder Buhari asked every Nigeria youth to go back to farm. Ndi ala....
Re: Samai’la Adamu Burga To Farmers: Don’t Rush To Sell Your Produce by hecha38(m): 6:59am On Sep 20, 2020
Hi
Re: Samai’la Adamu Burga To Farmers: Don’t Rush To Sell Your Produce by Barbsamiin: 7:06am On Sep 20, 2020
One4me:
Imagine, a whole Governor of Bauchi State URGING Citizen-Farmers to START HOARDING FOOD STUFF, to create artificial scarcity and further increase in price!
Greedy B*$t*rd.
Anyway, Let me see how they will hoard Tomatos, Pepper and Vegetables. undecided grin
Buhari, come and see your brother o
. undecided

Before you start commenting rubbish, make sure you' read the the whole post catefully
Re: Samai’la Adamu Burga To Farmers: Don’t Rush To Sell Your Produce by Barbsamiin: 7:11am On Sep 20, 2020
obbasiasa:
From the mouth of a government official, preaching hoarding of food stuffs, that farmers should not sell to neighbor state... What about if Niger-Delta decides to hoard crude oil until the international price is high, hope the country will still run?... Well just asking for a friend.

Do you think only niger delta has crude oil in nigeria?
Re: Samai’la Adamu Burga To Farmers: Don’t Rush To Sell Your Produce by onez: 8:01am On Sep 20, 2020
Please open the borders. We don't need their food. Period
Re: Samai’la Adamu Burga To Farmers: Don’t Rush To Sell Your Produce by Yankee101: 9:00am On Sep 20, 2020
This is wisdom
Re: Samai’la Adamu Burga To Farmers: Don’t Rush To Sell Your Produce by Taciturn1: 9:06am On Sep 20, 2020
jerseyboy:
Come and hear another animal talk
Hmm, what's wrong with that advice? Do you have any knowledge of economics?
Re: Samai’la Adamu Burga To Farmers: Don’t Rush To Sell Your Produce by abbassani23(m): 9:21am On Sep 20, 2020
Provide them with storage facilities
Re: Samai’la Adamu Burga To Farmers: Don’t Rush To Sell Your Produce by Empredboy(m): 9:31am On Sep 20, 2020
Do they have storage facilities? Yeye dey smell
Re: Samai’la Adamu Burga To Farmers: Don’t Rush To Sell Your Produce by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 20, 2020
Matrimonous:
I can still remember the president's media spokesman announcing prices of items were dropping. I wonder what he smoked.
Down here in most Northern states maize was N26k/bag 3 weeks back now it drastically dropped to N14k/bag.
Re: Samai’la Adamu Burga To Farmers: Don’t Rush To Sell Your Produce by PeachtreeReside(f): 11:21am On Sep 20, 2020
I opened this hoping he was going to profer solutions to his Do nots.
Re: Samai’la Adamu Burga To Farmers: Don’t Rush To Sell Your Produce by rosamaris: 4:18pm On Sep 20, 2020
So those who are not farmers should go hungry abi?
Re: Samai’la Adamu Burga To Farmers: Don’t Rush To Sell Your Produce by One4me: 12:20am On Sep 21, 2020
Saintinoo:

When fulani man is on power, that is what you expect, instead of his dead ministry to provide avenue for farmers to produce more than demand, thereby storing some for dry season he is asking them not to sell the little they harvested so that there will be scarcity and the price will keep increasing.
A typical fulani man think everyone should become a farmer inorder to feed. No wonder Buhari asked every Nigeria youth to go back to farm. Ndi ala....

It is even worse now, a lot fo Farmers have had to abandon their farm because Fulani herdsmen have been murdering them at will and using their cash crops to feed their Cows.
Buhari supports this Gencoide
as it also has the effect of removing the Farmers from their land, which the Fulani Herdsmen take-over.

So, while plungimg Nigeria into Food Insecurity, Buhari is also achieving another sinister objective: Fulanisation of Nigeria.

His other obejctive, which is destroying the influence of APC so that the Presidency can remain in the North in 2023, is gradually being achieved, as in Edo (though, in the short term, one would be happy in you are a PDP sympathiser/member) but in the long run, SOUTHERNERS BEWARE!
undecided
Re: Samai’la Adamu Burga To Farmers: Don’t Rush To Sell Your Produce by One4me: 12:26am On Sep 21, 2020
Barbsamiin:

Before you start commenting rubbish, make sure you' read the the whole post catefully

Look a this ret@rd*d dunce that can even spell correctly! grin grin
You think everyone is ret@rd*d like you are, that we need to read a few lines of post, fifty times, before we understand what is being said? shocked grin grin
GTF outta my mention, l dont respond to retarded people like you.
angry kiss
Re: Samai’la Adamu Burga To Farmers: Don’t Rush To Sell Your Produce by Barbsamiin: 11:08am On Sep 21, 2020
One4me:

Look a this ret@rd*d dunce that can even spell correctly! grin grin
You think everyone is ret@rd*d like you are, that we need to read a few lines of post, fifty times, before we understand what is being said? shocked grin grin
GTF outta my mention, l dont respond to retarded people like you.
angry kiss

That's how bitter truth is, e pain you abi? grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Central Bank Of Nigeria, Makurdi Branch, Benue State On Fire / LASG And OGSG Declare Work Free Days For PVC Collection / Aisha Yesufu Vows To Continue Calling Out Tinubu’s Government (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.