Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,546 members, 7,819,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Consumers To Pay Full Electricity Rates From July 2021 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Consumers To Pay Full Electricity Rates From July 2021 (26779 Views)

See The Electricity Rates In USA And Why Nigerians Should Not Pay Above 66 Naira / Number Of Kidnap Victims Per State From July 2022 To June 2023 / We Will Increase Tariff From July 1 - AEDC Alerts Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Consumers To Pay Full Electricity Rates From July 2021 by slowice(m): 4:32pm On Sep 20, 2020
I don't get it... Are talking about another increment next year? On top of this September increment or are they saying we will start paying full for September increment next year? Am I missing something?

1 Like

Re: Consumers To Pay Full Electricity Rates From July 2021 by Sholaco: 4:34pm On Sep 20, 2020
Whatever! It will all end in 2023. Useless Apc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Consumers To Pay Full Electricity Rates From July 2021 by penocrat1(m): 5:00pm On Sep 20, 2020
Dammmn nigggar
Re: Consumers To Pay Full Electricity Rates From July 2021 by Dmanlex(m): 5:00pm On Sep 20, 2020
How do you expect full payment when the electricity is not stable
Re: Consumers To Pay Full Electricity Rates From July 2021 by JeryUmus: 5:12pm On Sep 20, 2020
Discos only talk of tarif payment what about distribution of prepaid meters.

2 Likes

Re: Consumers To Pay Full Electricity Rates From July 2021 by chiedonedoor(m): 5:18pm On Sep 20, 2020
These people should try and have human face,
Isaiah 55:6-7 KJV
Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:
Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord , and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
Re: Consumers To Pay Full Electricity Rates From July 2021 by yemi1504: 6:03pm On Sep 20, 2020
Pearl05:
Someone that understood what they said should explain to me please.

The article said the DISCOs are not charging the full electricity tariffs currently but that will change from January 2021,they will by then now be charging the full electricity tarriffs. You are welcome.
Re: Consumers To Pay Full Electricity Rates From July 2021 by yemi1504: 6:07pm On Sep 20, 2020
Shallowpenguin:

I'm no fan of the government, but regarding power, they can't do much. Not since power got privatized

What they are doing, by raising the prices, is by allowing discos and gencos to charge above the cost of production so at least they start making profits, and as a result, start investing in more improved power infrastructure...which should lead to better power supply.

We were paying N20-30 per kwh fr something that cost 53 naira per kwh to produce. Meaning discos and gencos were not making a profit. And thus, no money to make improvements, and thus no light. Government was taking loans to help cover the deficit, which even then were not enough.

Very stupid excuse! APC could have revoked the power assets owners' licenses and do a re-privatization to those who have the capacity to manage and expand the assets! But they refused to do so, because of fear of military coup due to some strong Nigerian individuals owning some of the power assets!

1 Like

Re: Consumers To Pay Full Electricity Rates From July 2021 by Martini101(m): 6:10pm On Sep 20, 2020
darediamond:

If you want to STOP being a SLAVE.to Heavy Nepa Bills, use the.Circuit Diagram attached and read the accompanying pdf.
It is easy.

If never is charging #100, with the attached Circuit, you will only be paying #1 or even less!!!!!

Hint: On the floor you are standing in your ROOM, CORRIDOR, BACKYARD etc, is where all the electric power you need lies.

SECRET: NEPA returns excess Power to the floor of ground you are standing on but with that Circuit, you will TAP® continuously POWER from the GROUND.

To Hell with the cumbersome Government (amalgamation of Private Families) generated and controlled 60hz electric power system.

The electrical components on your Circuit diagram don’t have ratings. Shebi you want people to make bomb abi ?

Re: Consumers To Pay Full Electricity Rates From July 2021 by proclinician: 6:10pm On Sep 20, 2020
Shallowpenguin:

And Americans pay taxes at rates higher than that of the Nigerian, that's why they can afford medicaid and medicare (and both are for really poor people, not every hospital or doctor will treat medicaid patients, it doesn't pay them)

Us tax rates are between 10-37% depending on income bracket.US tax to gdp ratio is 24% Nigeria? 0-24%, with a tax to gdp ratio of 5.8%

Our shoe salesman is paying tax, all the more reason why he has to make a profit, and why the person pricing his shoe at 10000 is cheating him

You cannot produce power at 53kwh , sell at 30 naira per kwh, and expect a profit to pay taxes, and other fees....which the discos and genocs too have to pay..plus staff salaries, staff taxes, etc etc.

Infact, all the DISCOS have been running at a loss. And government has had to take loans to keep some of them afloat, and even then...

I am not asking you to say how much Americans pay as tax and how its above what Nigerians pay. Take a trip to your hospitals and compare with what you see as american hospitals in Hollywood you go mad. What do you think the situation will be if Americans are to pay their hospital bills out-of-pocket. Most can't even afford it but with programs like Medicare and Medicaid, most people can afford medical attention and these programs are funded with taxation. That is why your analogy is faulty. Before the buyer can get the shoe at low cost he has to be paying some form of tax to the seller which can come through covering cost of transportation and shop rentage.

You can't give Nigerians all the tax to pay but you still increase the cost of basic amenities like electricity. It's only in Nigeria that you can't say for sure what tax money is used for. Pls do not come here and justify increase in electricity tariff with this kind of analogy. It doesn't depict you as someone with sense. Tax payers money should be put to work for once. I drill my borehole for water, I use generator for electricity, I contribute money to grade the road that leads to my house, I depend on pastors and bible verses for good health, what exactly is the tax I pay used for.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Consumers To Pay Full Electricity Rates From July 2021 by edoairways: 6:17pm On Sep 20, 2020
CodeTemplar:
lol... PDP already displacing this lying thing.

We are playing into the hands of Dangote. The main alternative to PHCN, gen sets are powered by what Dangote is about to have full monopoly of.
How?
Re: Consumers To Pay Full Electricity Rates From July 2021 by agabusta: 6:31pm On Sep 20, 2020
CodeTemplar:
lol... PDP already displacing this lying thing.

We are playing into the hands of Dangote. The main alternative to PHCN, gen sets are powered by what Dangote is about to have full monopoly of.

Please, help avoid Dangote monopoly. Set up your own refinery quickly.
Re: Consumers To Pay Full Electricity Rates From July 2021 by Fourwinds: 6:37pm On Sep 20, 2020
Buhari and his gang of thieves at it again
Re: Consumers To Pay Full Electricity Rates From July 2021 by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 20, 2020
flexd99:
Let 2021 come first

By that time it is already late
Re: Consumers To Pay Full Electricity Rates From July 2021 by CodeTemplar: 7:10pm On Sep 20, 2020
agabusta:

Please, help avoid Dangote monopoly. Set up your own refinery quickly.
Can you cover 50% of the cost?
Re: Consumers To Pay Full Electricity Rates From July 2021 by nedekid: 7:27pm On Sep 20, 2020
SpicyMimi:
Do they even consider the average earners?

By the way, we have new cooooooool polos, T-shirt’s and other clothings for Men! 100% cotton! And extremely affordable... 50% discount off! Kindly check my profile for pics and prices
What's your biggest size for men?
Re: Consumers To Pay Full Electricity Rates From July 2021 by SOJOSEPH(m): 7:28pm On Sep 20, 2020
Which one again?. They have already increased their tarrif oo oo

Eko Disco has increased almost 100%. From 27.77 to 55.55.

It does not end there. They have seriously doctored their vending. Even when you switch off your appliances the metre will still continue to read on
Re: Consumers To Pay Full Electricity Rates From July 2021 by writeprof(m): 7:32pm On Sep 20, 2020
Fuckdem:
How can we be paying for darkness

Question of the year! Well, it's because the devil does not give free gifts.
Re: Consumers To Pay Full Electricity Rates From July 2021 by SpicyMimi(f): 7:33pm On Sep 20, 2020
nedekid:

What's your biggest size for men?
For Polo Large, because it comes big sir and for T-shirt’s XXL sir.

Kindly add me up on WhatsApp sir : 07039500522.
Re: Consumers To Pay Full Electricity Rates From July 2021 by Codes151(m): 7:34pm On Sep 20, 2020
This one we are paying is what?
Re: Consumers To Pay Full Electricity Rates From July 2021 by almarthins(m): 8:10pm On Sep 20, 2020
bamasite2:
No p

Just give us constant power, we'll pay

Prepaid meter rather, if u knw the way they are using estimated bill to cash out eh! U go fear this scam. Na common nigerians go dey accumulate and pay debt they dont ow.
Re: Consumers To Pay Full Electricity Rates From July 2021 by earnit3: 8:27pm On Sep 20, 2020
Worst govt in history of nigeria paying for what you don’t consume
Re: Consumers To Pay Full Electricity Rates From July 2021 by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 20, 2020
robinjakks:
The government is unfair to it's citizens. Paying for services not rendered. Simply provide pre-paid metre for all electricity users and see if any one would complain. No light, no charges
Goan buy prepaid meter na, na govt de provide that one too?
Re: Consumers To Pay Full Electricity Rates From July 2021 by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 20, 2020
Pearl05:
Someone that understood what they said should explain to me please.
Dem wan increase power to 1.5X what it is now.
Better get a prepaid meter if you're still on EB
Re: Consumers To Pay Full Electricity Rates From July 2021 by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 20, 2020
SOJOSEPH:
Which one again?. They have already increased their tarrif oo oo

Eko Disco has increased almost 100%. From 27.77 to 55.55.

It does not end there. They have seriously doctored their vending. Even when you switch off your appliances the metre will still continue to read on

Big lie oga.
One advice: get your income through a circuit breaker, the switch it of from there as required.
Hope you know there cables and eddy losses too if you switch of just the appliances?
Re: Consumers To Pay Full Electricity Rates From July 2021 by Happyguy201: 9:15pm On Sep 20, 2020
nigerians are cowards inshort . even after all these happening next election they will still go and vote the same set of old greedy bastards
Re: Consumers To Pay Full Electricity Rates From July 2021 by chloride6: 11:40pm On Sep 20, 2020
This is rubbish...

The service based tariff is okay...

Let things be better for Disco when it is better for us too...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bandits Flee As Over 100 Soldiers Storm kaduna Forest / Burial Poster Of IPOB Member Killed During Operation Python Dance (Photo) / SERAP To Buhari: Copy ‘Namibia Example’, Ban Car Perks For Presidency, Ministers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.