Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

What Is The Best Remedy For Depression? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Is The Best Remedy For Depression? (734 Views)

Magic Mushrooms - The Best Remedy To Cure Depression / Health 101: The Best Remedy For Diarrhoea / 13 Best Remedy For Sore Throat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Best Remedy For Depression? by rasheedatt(f): 9:54am On Sep 20, 2020
Trying to find happiness despite all i have been through still yet i cant stop thinking much. I try as much as possible to socalize myself both on and offline still no good result what is the best way to fight depression?
Re: What Is The Best Remedy For Depression? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 9:58am On Sep 20, 2020
rasheedatt:
Trying to find happiness despite all i have been through still yet i cant stop thinking much. I try as much as possible to socalize myself both on and offline still no good result what is the best way to fight depression?

belief that all that's happening to you.. is part of the ordained by Creator. worse could have happened to you. focus on what you have and work towards what you want

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Remedy For Depression? by FlyingTOMATOE: 10:07am On Sep 20, 2020
Good hardcore sex

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Remedy For Depression? by thesilentman(m): 10:28am On Sep 20, 2020
Getting Money

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Remedy For Depression? by psucc(m): 10:33am On Sep 20, 2020
Op, try and get a physical friend - one who knows the value of a friend. One you can confide in and will always advise you.

Again, as someone put up there, shove aside all forms of distractions, see everyday happenings as part of the things that must happen while thanking God that the worst has not been allowed.

3. Always engage yourself. Loneliness will kill you but slowly.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Remedy For Depression? by rasheedatt(f): 10:41am On Sep 20, 2020
FlyingTOMATOE:
Good hardcore sex
nah its not an option for me.
Re: What Is The Best Remedy For Depression? by rasheedatt(f): 10:42am On Sep 20, 2020
psucc:
Op, try and get a physical friend - one who knows the value of a friend. One you can confide in and will always advise you.

Again, as someone put up there, shove aside all forms of distractions, see everyday happenings as part of the things that must happen while thanking God that the worst has not been allowed.

thank you
Re: What Is The Best Remedy For Depression? by rasheedatt(f): 10:43am On Sep 20, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

belief that all that's happening to you.. is part of the ordained by Creator. worse could have happened to you. focus on what you have and work towards what you want
I do
Sometimes I wonder why only me?
Re: What Is The Best Remedy For Depression? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 11:12am On Sep 20, 2020
rasheedatt:
I do

not only you hun .. it's everybody.. we are all dealing with our demons..

the way out is to accept the problem is real, then look for solutions.. then move on with your life..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Remedy For Depression? by rasheedatt(f): 12:45pm On Sep 20, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

not only you hun .. it's everybody.. we are all dealing with our demons..

the way out is to accept the problem is real, then look for solutions.. then move on with your life..
hmm ok
Re: What Is The Best Remedy For Depression? by Columbine(m): 12:49pm On Sep 20, 2020
rasheedatt:
thank you

op! go with this, especially the first point, have a very close friend you can share almost everything with, whether they're capable of helping you or not, it brings a kind of relief.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Remedy For Depression? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 12:57pm On Sep 20, 2020
rasheedatt:
hmm ok
if you don't mind sharing the issue with me privately for some advice..
dm
Re: What Is The Best Remedy For Depression? by rasheedatt(f): 1:11pm On Sep 20, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

if you don't mind sharing the issue with me privately for some advice..
dm
ok

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Remedy For Depression? by rasheedatt(f): 1:13pm On Sep 20, 2020
Columbine:

op! go with this, especially the first point, have a very close friend you can share almost everything with, whether they're capable of helping you or not, it brings a kind of relief.
ok
Re: What Is The Best Remedy For Depression? by psucc(m): 1:46pm On Sep 20, 2020
rasheedatt:
I do
You alone? Hmmm. Guy if people should share their problems, you will simply just count yourself a lucky fella.

Just as our faces are different, so is our problem. Let me share this story.

A man was destitute of food. But the last meal was a single banana. So he decided to commit suicide after eating the last one. On the move he climbed a very tall tree, so that he can dash himself to the ground and die after eating.

After eating the banana, he threw the peel to the ground only for someone to pick and chew. Amazed, he quickly rushed down, thanking God that he is better than someone somewhere.

Try to be content with whatever you have at hand.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Remedy For Depression? by rasheedatt(f): 1:57pm On Sep 20, 2020
psucc:
You alone? Hmmm. Guy if people should share their problems, you will simply just count yourself a lucky fella.

Just as our faces are different, so is our problem. Let me share this story.

A man was destitute of food. But the last meal was a single banana. So he decided to commit suicide after eating the last one. On the move he climbed a very tall tree, so that he can dash himself to the ground and die after eating.

After eating the banana, he threw the peel to the ground only for someone to pick and chew. Amazed, he quickly rushed down, thanking God that he is better than someone somewhere.

Try to be content with whatever you have at hand.
hmm OK
Re: What Is The Best Remedy For Depression? by oxypressPlus: 2:42pm On Sep 20, 2020
rasheedatt:

Ask your neurologist to order for SPECT scan of the brain.
If the blood flow is reduced then what you need is HYPERBARIC OXYGEN THERAPY (HBOT).
American veterans who suffer depression and PTSD use it to liberate themselves. Do your own research.
We are HBOT Providers and we are ready to help.
Re: What Is The Best Remedy For Depression? by rasheedatt(f): 2:51pm On Sep 20, 2020
oxypressPlus:

Ask your neurologist to order for SPECT scan of the brain.
If the blood flow is reduced then what you need is HYPERBARIC OXYGEN THERAPY (HBOT).
American veterans who suffer depression and PTSD use it to liberate themselves. Do your own research.
We are HBOT Providers and we are ready to help.
how can I contact you
Re: What Is The Best Remedy For Depression? by oxypressPlus: 3:17pm On Sep 20, 2020
rasheedatt:
how can I contact you
Click profile page for number.
Re: What Is The Best Remedy For Depression? by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 6:15pm On Sep 20, 2020
God Will Pick Up Your Call

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Remedy For Depression? by Greatzeus(m): 6:16pm On Sep 20, 2020
rasheedatt:
I can't say I have ever suffered depression but I have been down and sad especially as a result of not gaining admission many times I tried,and also been unemployed after service.
Theories can't solve depression,only practical things can. Read all the books in the world about depression,it won't stop it until your mind is convinced with physical evidences that what is causing your depression is gone.
What causes depression?
For those who write WAEC many times but always fail one major subject or another. The only way for that depression to go is if they passed that exam.
For those seeking admission for years but also fail to gain admission. The only way to stop that depression is if they gain admission or go into business which will make their mind believe they are doing well or getting a job which will also make their mind believe they are doing well.
For those who are graduates that are jobless especially for long. The only way to stop their depression is getting a job or receiving a good stipend from somewhere,this will make their mind believe they are not stagnant and things will get better.
For those who are married and don't have children, especially for long. They will be depressed,the only way to stop the depression is for them to have kids or adopt a baby,this will make their minds believe they have someone to call a child.
Depression starts and end in the mind. You can't deceive your mind,so as not to be depressed,your mind is your sub conscious,it is your very self,but you can only make your mind believe what is not by saying certain words to yourself loudly continuously so many times. The words will be implanted in your mind and your mind will think it's the reality.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Remedy For Depression? by rasheedatt(f): 6:21pm On Sep 20, 2020
Greatzeus:

I can't say I have ever suffered depression but I have been down and sad especially as a result of not gaining admission many times I tried,and also been unemployed after service.
Theories can't solve depression,only practical things can. Read all the books in the world about depression,it won't stop it until your mind is convinced with physical evidences that what is causing your depression is gone.
What causes depression?
For those who write WAEC many times but always fail one major subject or another. The only way for that depression to go is if they passed that exam.
For those seeking admission for years but also fail to gain admission. The only way to stop that depression is if they gain admission or go into business which will make their mind believe they are doing well or getting a job which will also make their mind believe they are doing well.
For those who are graduates that are jobless especially for long. The only way to stop their depression is getting a job or receiving a good stipend from somewhere,this will make their mind believe they are not stagnant and things will get better.
For those who are married and don't have children, especially for long. They will be depressed,the only way to stop the depression is for them to have kids or adopt a baby,this will make their minds believe they have someone to call a child.
Depression starts and end in the mind. You can't deceive your mind,so as not to be depressed,your mind is your sub conscious,it is your very self,but you can only make your mind believe what is not by saying certain words to yourself loudly continuously so many times. The words will be implanted in your mind and your mind will think it's the reality.
hmm I pray to overcome it positively
Re: What Is The Best Remedy For Depression? by rasheedatt(f): 6:22pm On Sep 20, 2020
NaijaCoverBlog:
God Will Pick Up Your Call
amen

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Remedy For Depression? by Greatzeus(m): 6:32pm On Sep 20, 2020
rasheedatt:
hmm I pray to overcome it positively
Your mind is telling you, there's something you greatly desired that you don't have.
Some girls are already depressed about not being married at 25 because that's what they greatly desired. To overcome your depression,you have to change your mind or thinking. Don't be desperate to get anything or get anywhere in life. Do your best and believe God will see you through.
Always tell yourself that everything is fine and everything will be alright. This will help to calm your mind and give you inner peace. It works for me.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Remedy For Depression? by rasheedatt(f): 6:34pm On Sep 20, 2020
Greatzeus:

Your mind is telling you, there's something you greatly desired that you don't have.
Some girls are already depressed about not being married at 25 because that's what they greatly desired. To overcome your depression,you have to change your mind or thinking. Don't be desperate to get anything or get anywhere in life. Do your best and believe God will see you through.
Always tell yourself that everything is fine and everything will be alright. This will help to calm your mind and give you inner peace. It works for me.
OK thank you.
Re: What Is The Best Remedy For Depression? by Freelane33(m): 6:42pm On Sep 20, 2020
100 percent
psucc:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Remedy For Depression? by lordcyno: 7:06pm On Sep 20, 2020
What works for me is i always find humor in everything, no matter how serious the issue is i will look at it from another angle that will make me smile or laugh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Remedy For Depression? by rasheedatt(f): 7:08pm On Sep 20, 2020
lordcyno:
What works for me is i always find humor in everything, no matter how serious the issue is i will look at it from another angle that will make me smile or laugh
that sounds good I pray it works for me
Re: What Is The Best Remedy For Depression? by lordcyno: 7:25pm On Sep 20, 2020
rasheedatt:
that sounds good I pray it works for me
I pray so, wish you the best

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Remedy For Depression? by rasheedatt(f): 7:26pm On Sep 20, 2020
lordcyno:
I pray so, wish you the best
thank you
Re: What Is The Best Remedy For Depression? by jesmond3945: 7:56pm On Sep 20, 2020
rasheedatt:
op you are depressed because you chose to. Why not remove yourself from such depressing situation and embrace those things that make you happy. For example you can change environment or your friends. Ultimately embrace Christ. However, if there is nothing else making you happy then it is because you have decided not to look for those things. So what are those things that makes you happy?
Finally, you are depressed because you feel that the world owes you happiness but sorry to bust your bubble, the world owes you nothing. So if you are happy that is because you chose to be happy and not that you are looking for it because the world will not give it to you.
Re: What Is The Best Remedy For Depression? by rasheedatt(f): 8:02pm On Sep 20, 2020
jesmond3945:
op you are depressed because you chose to. Why not remove yourself from such depressing situation and embrace those things that make you happy. For example you can change environment or your friends. Ultimately embrace Christ. However, if there is nothing else making you happy then it is because you have decided not to look for those things. So what are those things that makes you happy?
Finally, you are depressed because you feel that the world owes you happiness but sorry to bust your bubble, the world owes you nothing. So if you are happy that is because you chose to be happy and not that you are looking for it because the world will not give it to you.
my case is different

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ada Jesus Spotted In A Wheelchair Receiving Treatment At Onitsha (watch) / Pregnancy / Very Urgent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.