Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,281 members, 7,818,955 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja (109293 Views)

This is not Dubai, this is kano state (photos) / President Buhari Commissions Abuja Light Rail / Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Olumyco(m): 10:21am On Sep 22, 2020
solmus:

Go to Rashidiya and Jabel Ali Metro Station Dubai first and you might understand why you should never include Dubai Metro in your comparison non of our international airports match their metro or train station lol. Even American tourist snap pics in amazement

Goto metros in Joburg and see real difference, never used Metro in Kigali as I only once had stop over but please Kigali isn't on that level of mediocre

The one I would had fought you over is if you had compared this to anything in Qatar or Abudhabi

Think of Dubai Metro stations as underground mall, with toilet that flushes automatically with sensors, ATMs, automated vending machine, automated metro card unit loader, elevators and escalators... Everywhere has sound system to notify you of arrival and departure, fully air-conditioned with sweet smell

I have never seen any Patriotic Nigerian who arrived Dubai, Abudhabi, or Doha who won't curse Nigeria and it's leaders for a week

Doing a little research can help us appreciate what we have.

The information you are passing about Johannesburg, South Africa and Kigali in Rwanda is misleading. It's wrong.

Let me shock you. There is no Metro Rail in South Africa and Rwanda. What they have is Commuter/Suburban Rail. South Africa also has Mono Rail.

The confusion is because the word Metro is the name of the company managing their rail way system in South Africa.

There are two countries that have Metro Rail and they are Algeria and Egypt. Lagos Metro Rail is still under construction. When that is done... Nigeria will join the list.

We love to talk what is not obtainable about other countries just to downgrade Nigeria. Please let's desist from this

4 Likes

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Olumyco(m): 10:23am On Sep 22, 2020
Kingstanding:
. Well someone who has never step out from naija might believe that rubbish. How can London or Tokyo use locomotive train? Rubbish posting.

They still use locomotive train in London.
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Kingstanding: 10:25am On Sep 22, 2020
Olumyco:

They still use locomotive train in London.
. Which area in London?
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by APOSTLECHUMA: 10:28am On Sep 22, 2020
ABUJA IS ONLY BUT THE BACK YARD OF ABIDJAN, A TRIP TO IVORY-COAST WILL MAKE YOU PITY THIS BIG FOR NOTHING COUNTRY CALLED NIGERIA.
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by solmus: 10:28am On Sep 22, 2020
Olumyco:

The information you are passing about Johannesburg, South Africa and Kigali in Rwanda is misleading. It's wrong.

Let me shock you. There is no Metro Rail in South Africa and Rwanda. What they have is Commuter/Suburban Rail. South Africa also has Mono Rail.

The confusion is because the word Metro is the name of the company managing their rail way system in South Africa.

There are two countries that have Metro Rail and they are Algeria and Egypt. Lagos Metro Rail is still under construction. When that is done... Nigeria will join the list.

We love to talk what is not obtainable about other countries just to downgrade Nigeria. Please let's desist from this

I clearly stated I never used Metro Rail in Kigali as I only had stop over

Metropolitan Rail comprises of all kind of light rail, including electric and diesel power light and monorail... Including Tramcars
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by wavylevel: 10:29am On Sep 22, 2020
grin grin grin

You mediocre twaats are irredeemable.

Enjoy your sh1thole.
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by blueAgent(m): 10:33am On Sep 22, 2020
Rosskii:

NO WE DON'T.

That is what you ignorant people need to understand.

US annual budget - 7.6 trillion dollars

UK = 1.6 trilion

France = 1.8 trillion

Germany = 2.1 trillion

South Africa = 125 billion

Nigeria = 35 billion

You are ignorant morons to think we are a 'rich country' by virtue of the oil wealth.

If we had only 5 million people like UAE, then we would be quite rich. But with 200 million people? Nahh.

The oil income is grossly insufficient.

Our Number 1 task is Diversification to raise govt revenues.

Is good for one to acknowledge there Class or level.
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by blueAgent(m): 10:35am On Sep 22, 2020
chibuzorAbia:

Stop finger pointing the government, they are human beings. Start studying the Nigerian people, the traders, the landlords, transporters, marketers, dishonesty, lying, lawlessness, stealing, ........the problems in this country are caused by the people!

Ok, “EDO no be Lagos”, will anything change in rotten, backward EDO?

Black people to be precise.
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by blueAgent(m): 10:38am On Sep 22, 2020
lamalama:
this is lagos not moscow undecided undecided undecided

In Trump's voice "Shithole"

1 Like

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Olumyco(m): 10:47am On Sep 22, 2020
OP if you really want to do a social experimentation/reverse psychology on these people attacking you and downgrading the country. Just do a version of this for another country in Africa like Kenya or Rwanda or Bostwana or any good country in Africa and see if you will get these negative reaction. See OP the problem affecting an average Nigeria is frustration and inferiority complex. They dont believe in the country, Nigeria. They dont want even the country to make so much progress. They believe that when they travel out of the country that they have landed a very big achievement.
They always look forward to the day they will boast of travelling to Tokyo, Dubai and co. They always want to brag with abroad cities as their place of dwelling. That's their mentality. So you coining the title of this post this way will make them react negatively.

It will take sometimes to get them out of that bad mentality.

The way some of us as Nigerians portray our country in the media matters. Let's learn to appreciate good thing and be proud of the country. It is obvious that things will continue to improve and we will get there.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Olumyco(m): 10:50am On Sep 22, 2020
solmus:

I clearly stated I never used Metro Rail in Kigali as I only had stop over

Metropolitan Rail comprises of all kind of light rail, including electric and diesel power light and monorail... Including Tramcars

There is Metro Rail on its own. Commuter Rail/Sururban rail can service a metropolitan area which is obtainable in Johannesburg but its different from a Metro Rail system.
Light rails does not service a metropolitan area. It is used within an urban area.
Metro Rail is for mega city for rapid transit....

This is a link to understand better

https://www.rhitten.com/rhites/the-different-types-of-railway-systems-across-african-countries--f90bbb95g0e64
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by gregyboy(m): 11:05am On Sep 22, 2020
larryking540:

I doubt if u have even step your foot outside your state, Africa ,or even interact with the northern, eastern or southern Africa nationality ...

because if you have you will know u are far far ahead of many africa country and they look up to you....

but last last I will not still blame you Bec this is a faceless forum so u are free to get bitter

We are far ahead because we are all messed up, those countries despite being poor they are trying to get it right,

How are we better than those countries please spare me that trash....
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 22, 2020
phylshan:
This is Makurdi, not New York

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 22, 2020
Rosskii:

NO WE DON'T.

That is what you ignorant people need to understand.

US annual budget - 7.6 trillion dollars

UK = 1.6 trilion

France = 1.8 trillion

Germany = 2.1 trillion

South Africa = 125 billion

Nigeria = 35 billion

You are ignorant morons to think we are a 'rich country' by virtue of the oil wealth.

If we had only 5 million people like UAE, then we would be quite rich. But with 200 million people? Nahh.

The oil income is grossly insufficient.

Our Number 1 task is Diversification to raise govt revenues.
And the small one that we have where does it go to? Sometimes ehn, when people talk like this I am tempted to slap them. You have obviously forgotten the endemic corruption in this nation. Mtchhheew.
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Whydonaldtrump(m): 11:26am On Sep 22, 2020
jumobi1:
No reasonable person will confuse that picture for Tokyo, Dubai or London.

Oil dey your head
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Litmus: 11:32am On Sep 22, 2020
It saddens me that too many Nigerians do not realize that for a developing nation like Nigeria the implementation of the most current technology is best in cost terms of which maintenance is part. Those selling Nigerians the idea that since we are a third world nation we need to implement dated technology and infrastructure are scumbag racists or dingbat first republic Nigerians that unashamedly have refused to retire from public affairs. Nigerians should not be putting down dated infrastructural and technological architecture on our young clean-slate nation. It is bereft of ambition for us to aspire to be like Dubai, Tokyo or Singapore instead of looking beyond them at the latest thinking in urban designs and transportation. For instance, Nigeria should be showing interest in the hyperloop.

It is counterintuitive, I know, but in reality, high technology is often simpler to manage than older technology. A simple example would be the differences between learning to drive an automatic car versus learning to drive a manual one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xb7lf-TdlI

Nigeria is a clean-slate we should be excited we have the opportunity to draw something new at lesser cost than it would take for Tokyo or London to do similar.
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Liesel81(f): 11:33am On Sep 22, 2020
Haha its hard to mistake the pictures above for any of the cities you mentioned but i must say I was happy when I heard we now have a light rail but here is my review of it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l6mY4LooWg&t=

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Queenlovely(f): 11:57am On Sep 22, 2020
Jdesilentkiller:
Doctored pictures.. How can you get a view of NNPC towers from Idu train station. The op is a liar and a deceiver

this is not idu station,

this is very close to the world trade center building, that area with a lot of embassies called church gate.

this is a route to convey passengers from those hotels like transcorp and Sharaton to the idu main railway.
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by oldroad: 11:59am On Sep 22, 2020
Is04970:
It doesn't look like Tokyo.
Tokyo of 1960 looked more beautiful and well developed than Abuja of 2020. If you doubt this see the movie "Love in Tokyo".
thats true my man.. allow them the deceive themselves

1 Like

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by oldroad: 12:02pm On Sep 22, 2020
tundchip2:
Pic 2. Airport Station I guess they meant Railway Station. This country no balance at all.

By the way, the light rail is just propaganda mostly. The train that passes my side everyday is a re-furbished diesel engine that goes maybe 80km/hr. I haven't seen no light rail cab on the tracks for the past 1 year.
No you are wrong.....in abuja here...just like we have idu station, there is a station at the airport where you can get train....thats why its named airport station..i hope you don learn small..no be to over yan & conclude
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by zedman1(m): 12:35pm On Sep 22, 2020
Tittos:
You do realise that picture is a digital model also called a computer generated model and not a real picture. The idu station is of the Lagos model . Have we come to the point where we now pass off computer images as how Nigeria looks for clout or for politics. BTW, these counties have moved to speed trains and electric trains, so no one will have confused these pics for Tokyo or Dubai. Not especially when these kinda trains in these countries are being phased out
No bro, it's OK for you to criticize but I do 3ds and I know 3d models when I see one. That isn't a model, it's a real image, just clean camera doing it's job.
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by AutoshalomUSA: 12:46pm On Sep 22, 2020
Haha haha We love our Nigeria !

We want our Nigeria to better !

We need educated, exposed, innovative leaders !

We need enlightened citizens !

We will get there !

jumobi1:
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by lagosrd: 12:46pm On Sep 22, 2020
Those innocent cities don't use locomotives my friend. They use electric trains.
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Ryan14(m): 12:48pm On Sep 22, 2020
jumobi1:

Jesu Christi..
This is Savage ooo ���
Oshio pikin must hear this
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Bullrun: 12:49pm On Sep 22, 2020
lekki1444:
i need to mov to abuja. how much is a 2 bedroomin a nice neighborhood ?Am tired of lagos. too many beggars invading your space. everywhere you go in lagos is beggars. its exhausting dealing wih 20 beggars daily

This made my day lmao grin grin
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by ghuzy01: 1:06pm On Sep 22, 2020
Olumyco:
OP if you really want to do a social experimentation/reverse psychology on these people attacking you and downgrading the country. Just do a version of this for another country in Africa like Kenya or Rwanda or Bostwana or any good country in Africa and see if you will get these negative reaction. See OP the problem affecting an average Nigeria is frustration and inferiority complex. They dont believe in the country, Nigeria. They dont want even the country to make so much progress. They believe that when they travel out of the country that they have landed a very big achievement.
They always look forward to the day they will boast of travelling to Tokyo, Dubai and co. They always want to brag with abroad cities as their place of dwelling. That's their mentality. So you coining the title of this post this way will make them react negatively.

It will take sometimes to get them out of that bad mentality.

The way some of us as Nigerians portray our country in the media matters. Let's learn to appreciate good thing and be proud of the country. It is obvious that things will continue to improve and we will get there.

Thanks
You perfectly say what I keep telling people in clear terms. Nigerian youth are transferring their accumulated frustration to anything Nigerian.
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by lekki1444: 1:16pm On Sep 22, 2020
Bullrun:

This made my day lmao grin grin
why did it make your day ?
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 22, 2020
Olumyco:

South Africa has metrorail do your research
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by gregyboy(m): 1:36pm On Sep 22, 2020
larryking540:

I doubt if u have even step your foot outside your state, Africa ,or even interact with the northern, eastern or southern Africa nationality ...

because if you have you will know u are far far ahead of many africa country and they look up to you....

but last last I will not still blame you Bec this is a faceless forum so u are free to get bitter

Same way those countries feel nigeria is better than them until dey step into d countries,
They are only deceived by the oil we have

And the fake entertainment we put up on tvs, bros talk truth those African countries are better than us
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by zhike: 1:53pm On Sep 22, 2020
gregyboy:

Same way those countries feel nigeria is better than them until dey step into d countries,

And the fake entertainment we put up on tvs, bros talk truth those African countries are better than us

By just looking at Nigerian movies, you can clearly see how backwards is Nigeria.
The kinds of roads, schools and hospitals that are used on the movies looks too old, it clearly shows that government maintenance is bad in Nigeria.

OP, Nigeria could be better than Dubai , Tokyo or London if Nigerians work together.

South african Gautrain is much better than those trains at London, Tokyo and Dubai.
If black South Africans Can, Nigerians can also do that.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Bullrun: 2:21pm On Sep 22, 2020
lekki1444:
why did it make your day ?

Because I can relate 100%
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by larryking540: 2:26pm On Sep 22, 2020
gregyboy:

I am speaking not as a person who has been to other Africa countries but I have interact with them in person and I don't need to back stab my country even wen we are making effort to be better ,9ja day try ,na because of the situation on ground so even if solution is taking place u will not fill the impart

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix / Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped / Okada Riders In Onitsha Modify Their Bikes After Government Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.