Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja (109289 Views)

This is not Dubai, this is kano state (photos) / President Buhari Commissions Abuja Light Rail / Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by lamalama: 1:03am On Sep 22, 2020
this is lagos not moscow undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Nobody: 1:15am On Sep 22, 2020
jumobi1:
No reasonable person will confuse that picture for Tokyo, Dubai or London.
At least be happy for your country na grin grin
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by COMPAQ(m): 1:16am On Sep 22, 2020
Jdesilentkiller:
Doctored pictures.. How can you get a view of NNPC towers from Idu train station. The op is a liar and a deceiver

Where did you see nnpc towers? What I see here is World Trade Center. Besides the picture with the idu train station is a totally different picture!!!
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Nobody: 1:24am On Sep 22, 2020
solmus:

Go to Rashidiya and Jabel Ali Metro Station Dubai first and you might understand why you should never include Dubai Metro in your comparison non of our international airports match their metro or train station lol. Even American tourist snap pics in amazement

Goto metros in Joburg and see real difference, never used Metro in Kigali as I only once had stop over but please Kigali isn't on that level of mediocre

The one I would had fought you over is if you had compared this to anything in Qatar or Abudhabi

Think of Dubai Metro stations as underground mall, with toilet that flushes automatically with sensors, ATMs, automated vending machine, automated metro card unit loader, elevators and escalators... Everywhere has sound system to notify you of arrival and departure, fully air-conditioned with sweet smell

I have never seen any Patriotic Nigerian who arrived Dubai, Abudhabi, or Doha who won't curse Nigeria and it's leaders for a week

This thing you are saying is so true. When you travel to developed countries, it is only then you will realise how backward Nigeria is.

I heard of a story of a man whose son brought him to the United States for vacation. They went on a tour of the city and while in the car, the father didn't say anything for a while. The son noticed that the father was quiet for a long time and asked the father what he was thinking. His father said people in Nigeria are suffering, but what is worse is that they don't know how bad it is.

When you travel abroad, all these thing will not impress you. What we call job in Nigeria is not a job in most of these developed countries. In Nigerian banks where you can see like 6 cashiers at the bank, in most of these abroad bank, that is not a job. Only one or two people are attending to you at the front desk. You can use the ATM to withdraw or deposit money. You can use the bank app on your phone to deposit checks.

You don't go to the bank to queue, except you have a complaint. Even if you do, you can send a mail and they will rectify it without you going to the bank. The stress in Nigeria is too much.

The cost of internet is another ridiculous thing in Nigeria. With €10 euros every month, which is like 5000 naira, you will get 40GB data, unlimited calls and unlimited SMS to call and SMS any number within the country. But in Nigeira, this package will be ridiculously expensive. It is just unfortunate.

I wish everyone in Nigeria will travel to these developed countries at least once in their lifetime so that they will know the extent to which they are suffering.

There are TGV trains that go at a speed of 400km/h. Do you know what 400km/h is? You will travel Lagos to Maiduguri in 3 hours, 3 hours for goodness sake. Not the one that someone will sleep on the road for a full day, sometimes 2 days just to go to the north from down south. We are suffering in Nigeria oo. The worst is that we don't know how bad it is and it is very unfortunate.

But still, we thank God for little mercies!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by MASTERMIND04(m): 1:25am On Sep 22, 2020
Tokyo, dubai, London bawo? This OP is the funniest person on earth. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by blackbriar: 1:41am On Sep 22, 2020
Is04970:
It doesn't look like Tokyo.
This is tokyo

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by tolfa(m): 1:51am On Sep 22, 2020
We can take a look at Tokyo from this video for comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrMo14cr-qY
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by blackengineerr: 1:56am On Sep 22, 2020
A few train coaches and you compare it to london?

1 Like

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Earnonline2: 2:08am On Sep 22, 2020
OH
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by nsiba: 2:31am On Sep 22, 2020
spendoon:
Please take a look at the pic of the Abuja light rail below and you will realise Nigeria is moving forward as country, I don't care if it's PMB or GEJ that started this project all I know is am very happy my country is progressing.

You be confirmed mumu

1 Like

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Hangulsaram: 2:57am On Sep 22, 2020
spendoon:

bro learn to appreciate good work, how many African countries has this?
Appreciate what, mediocrity?
Stop celebrating mediocrity

1 Like

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by NaijaAlien: 3:03am On Sep 22, 2020
What is the good work?
spendoon:

1 Like

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Moikiitos: 3:36am On Sep 22, 2020
spendoon:
Please take a look at the pic of the Abuja light rail below and you will realise Nigeria is moving forward as country, I don't care if it's PMB or GEJ that started this project all I know is am very happy my country is progressing.

Perhaps if you hadn't travel out before but for us that has been there or done it...is nothing close to those places you mentioned.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by anonimi: 3:52am On Sep 22, 2020
blackengineerr:
A few train coaches and you compare it to london?

Na so for bush pipo. undecided

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4024041_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

1 Like

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Ndipe(m): 3:53am On Sep 22, 2020
True, but at the same time funny.

jumobi1:
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by larryking540: 3:57am On Sep 22, 2020
gregyboy:

Appreciate which little, what nonsense, why settle for mediocre, if you're in power that's how you will be ditching us rubbish and tell us to appreciate it,

Guy Bleep you for 600yrs.....
Bleep your mentality
May you setlle for less

I doubt if u have even step your foot outside your state, Africa ,or even interact with the northern, eastern or southern Africa nationality ...

because if you have you will know u are far far ahead of many africa country and they look up to you....

but last last I will not still blame you Bec this is a faceless forum so u are free to get bitter
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by oladipojesse(m): 4:12am On Sep 22, 2020
jumobi1:

Thank GOD for the little progress but only railway system is not an indication that a country is progressing.

Look at the good and service part of it...
Does that rail reach villages in the middle belt that are known for farming?
Instead, it was focused on moving imported into goods into the country.

Dear OP, take your time to study the capitals you mentioned, you will discover that it is a disrespect to mention Nigeria's name not even Abuja on the same line with them.
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by princehaxky(m): 4:16am On Sep 22, 2020
This is Not London, This is Cologne

1 Like

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by 2016v2017: 4:50am On Sep 22, 2020
jumobi1:
don't blame him,maybe ,he hasn't stepped out of Z0ogeria before?.
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by 2016v2017: 4:51am On Sep 22, 2020
Gondonu:
And so? The world have long advanced beyond all these so called developments this failed nation is hyping about including the locomotive train.Please dont disgrace us some more.
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by olugabbie(m): 4:52am On Sep 22, 2020
Tittos:
You do realise that picture is a digital model also called a computer generated model and not a real picture. The idu station is of the Lagos model . Have we come to the point where we now pass off computer images as how Nigeria looks for clout or for politics. BTW, these counties have moved to speed trains and electric trains, so no one will have confused these pics for Tokyo or Dubai. Not especially when these kinda trains in these countries are being phased out

May be you need to watch the video on YouTube. Just search for Abuja light rail on YouTube. Nigerians hate good news.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQhYw76ITsE. Just a little investigation privately before coming on nairaland wont kill you.
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Ofodirinwa: 5:06am On Sep 22, 2020
So, it's very strange that the rails are rusted because I've never seen that by my life and grew up next to a 100+ year old railway.
I looked it up and found out the rails don't rust because of the quality of steel used in them. Also found out that rusted rails = low quality metal, that likely won't survive the elements.

We have to stop contracting 'foriegn investors'. They are racist, think you're stupid, and are often correct.
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by numericalguy(m): 5:26am On Sep 22, 2020
tundchip2:
Pic 2. Airport Station I guess they meant Railway Station. This country no balance at all.

By the way, the light rail is just propaganda mostly. The train that passes my side everyday is a re-furbished diesel engine that goes maybe 80km/hr. I haven't seen no light rail cab on the tracks for the past 1 year.

They meant exactly what they said. The train station is in the airport. You board the train straight from the airport to town and I have taken it so many times.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by mrkings84(m): 5:49am On Sep 22, 2020
@op, u haven't been to Tokyo, nor Dubai nor London b4, had it been u have, u would have known that Edo No Be Lagos!!!
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Nobody: 6:11am On Sep 22, 2020
Has it been completed this looks like a CGI image, stop posting thrash, even if it were real you could nt afford it.
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by firstratedcitiz(m): 6:13am On Sep 22, 2020
Pictures 1 & 4 are just the same photo. Why do you guys love duplicating pictures in Nairaland posts? Someone will include pics in a normal post on Nairaland and out of 5 or 15 pictures posted, one is sure to find several duplicates of the same photo.
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by k4kings(m): 6:16am On Sep 22, 2020
spendoon:
This is kaduna, Nigeria is really moving forward but the hate filled people can't see it.

No be only Kaduna..

Aerial view in UAE
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Bobyro: 6:32am On Sep 22, 2020
spendoon:

Oga go to Ethiopia and South Africa
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by rhames(m): 6:37am On Sep 22, 2020
spendoon:

This steam engine is what you are boasting about when the Japanese and Europeans and these Tuaregs in Morocco are already on 500kmph and 250kmph speed trains.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix / Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped / Okada Riders In Onitsha Modify Their Bikes After Government Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.