Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,840 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Business Idea With Half Million? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business Idea With Half Million? (4253 Views)

I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. / Profitable Business Idea With 500k / A New Business Idea With Picture Of Getting Started. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Business Idea With Half Million? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 27, 2011
What business can one do with half million naira in the south-west of nigeria?
Anyone with business idea please?
Re: Business Idea With Half Million? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 27, 2011
fast moving consumer goods
Re: Business Idea With Half Million? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 27, 2011
olas2u:

fast moving consumer goods

Thanks
but consumer goods like what?
Re: Business Idea With Half Million? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Feb 27, 2011
since you are female i dont know what you like and which city do you live ,you need a shop first .when you say your location i can tell you what you can sell,but you need to sell something that will be the turning point that will push the money to millions
Re: Business Idea With Half Million? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 01, 2011
olas2u:

since you are female i dont know what you like and which city do you live ,you need a shop first .when you say your location i can tell you what you can sell,but you need to sell something that will be the turning point that will push the money to millions

A shop in no problem. its located in Abeokuta, Ogun state

1 Like

Re: Business Idea With Half Million? by mrsage(m): 1:16am On Mar 02, 2011
I recommend charcoal export.

Charcoal is one area of non oil export which has the potential to generate thousands of euros and many Nigerians are now successful entrepreneurs since they discovered the gold mine.

Though, one of the nation’s biggest export earner, it cost no fortune to set up and there is no shortage of market overseas. Added to this, one can run it from home.

Given the right mentorship, the business is simple to start and in huge demand that anyone can make money doing it.

Germany, Belgium, Greece the Netherlands, Italy, Poland, Spain, Bulgaria and UK are substantial importers of charcoal. As charcoal is an essential commodity in Africa, it is one of the most important sources of alternative fuel across Europe. Consumption is put at eight million tonnes of pellets annually. The largest exporters of charcoal in the EU are Poland, France Holland Germany and Belgium. They buy and sell to the rest of Europe.

The volume of imported charcoal needed in Europe vary from one country to another.

The total level of volume of exports from Nigeria, can not satisfy the demand in the European market.

Although the market is served from a number of competitive countries, exports from Nigeria, and other African countries are highly ranked because of the hard nature of the charcoal. European importers prefer charcoal produced from hardwood in Africa which is heavy and strong. Competitors are Malaysia, Indonesia, Brazil and Thailand. The quality of charcoal depends on the wood species.

Companies overseas can absorb any volume and all the companies in Nigeria cannot meet the demand of the Europe market.

Nigeria has vast forest area that can produce thousand of tonnes of charcoal annually.

Though there are charcoal sources in Europe, most of them are made from softwood and are soft and light. Apart from that, they are bad conductors of heat and electricity, and burns without flame.

Today,there is increased usage of charcoal. Besides being the fuel that cooks steaks, hotdogs, and hamburgers ,a number of companies have discovered that charcoal can be used in certain metallurgical purifying treatments and as a filter to remove organic compounds such as chlorine, gasoline, pesticides, and other toxic chemicals from water and air.

An initial investment of N550, 000 will cover the cost of product sourcing and landing the charcoal at the product. The money will be enough to acquire enough charcoal that will fill a 40-feet high cube container, weighing 23 tonnes. Charcoal from the south west part of the country would always provide required tonnes. But if the charcoal is sourced from Benue, one would require 27 tonnes to fill a 40-foot container, unlike the South West where only 23tonnes would fill a 40-foot container.

The rate of returns is high .

You can turn your investment ten times within one year and profit in each trip very rewarding.

The markets are gradually growing and that households in Europe prefer it as a relatively clean fuel for their fireplace and furnace if of local carbon content.

The charcoal industry is a sustainable opportunity and engine for meaningful and sustainable socio-economic development at the household and national levels.

In Africa, charcoal business is worth more than $1billon a year in terms of employment, rural livelihoods and the wider economy.

Great potentials exist for new entrants who will flourishing in an atmosphere of little or no competition.

I can provide a detailed feasibility study on the business. Some of the information include:
1. Introduction
2. Types of charcoal
3. How to know quality charcoal
4. Charcoal local sources in Nigeria
5. Local price of charcoal
6. International Price of charcoal
7. Packaging of charcoal to international standard
8. Securing Export Order
9. Marketing/Advertising of wood charcoal
10. Contact Addresses of possible buyers
11. Commonly used shipping & payment terms
12. The General Requirement for Export of Wood Charcoal
13. Meeting the Registration Requirement of Nigerian Export promotion council for Export of Wood charcoal
14. How to apply to Nigerian Export promotion council
15. Description of export sequences of Wood charcoal
16. Mode of payment by the overseas buyers
17. Determination of export price for wood charcoal
18. The function of freight forwarder in export of wood charcoal.
19. Export Documents
20. Wood Charcoal specification
21. How to detect fraudulent buyers
22. How to raise capital for Export of Wood charcoal and many more.

Note: I also have contact details of an exporter. He is an experienced charcoal exporter and always ready to guide new entrants into the business.
Information on Bitter Kola and Cashew nuts also available.

For more information kindly call: 08077346282 or 07040872886
Re: Business Idea With Half Million? by Nobody: 6:16am On Mar 02, 2011
You better dont do what you dont know,chacoal ko chacoal ni,How many have you exported yourself.

1 Like

Re: Business Idea With Half Million? by jumiparet: 2:45pm On Mar 03, 2011
Hello,

My offer is simply and straight forward and will be ready to fly within 2 weeks.

We can use only N500,000 and Pay the whole fund including 100% Interest to U Bank in 60+5 days.

We have a system in Place that can plug your funds in and roll them out sweet and clean.

We will provide cover for the N500,000 that you will invest in the project to give you all the assurances in the world you need.

For details call +2348099923227.

Thanks

John Efetobore Akpomenah
akpojohnefe@gmail.com
Re: Business Idea With Half Million? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 03, 2011
Well i think you need to sell commodity and dont mind all this type of things,the country is an undeveloped country that is import dependent of goods.you need something that is got to do with basics food,cloth and shelter.its Food ,i think a trailer load of rice i around that range if you have a shop, flouretc,cloth, tailoring materials,you should survey the number of tailors ,you buy from the large importers of thread,and trimmings they use everything and sell in your shop in abeokuta, shelter, ,buliding materials, cements,roofing heets,plumberings etc. and so many other things you .But if you wan to be on the safest side you could be a distributor for pz,an all those related companies since you have a shop ,you will just deposit and they will start to upply your shop .but you will need a proper bank account because the bankers cheat.
Re: Business Idea With Half Million? by llncforex: 2:07pm On Apr 28, 2011
I am a vast trader in currencies and Indexes and I would like to train you for free. Interested email me llncforex@gmail.com

mydreamz:

What business can one do with half million naira in the south-west of nigeria?
Anyone with business idea please?

Re: Business Idea With Half Million? by Hod1000(m): 3:51am On Apr 29, 2011
Yes I agree with olas2u. U should tailor your biz towards the basic needs of every human being which is food, shelter and clothing.

I will suggest you invest the money into food item biz. Personally, I buy tubers of yam at cheaper rate, store it for say 3months and resell it at higher price when its becoming scarce. Would you believe that I buy 100 tubers of yam for 4000 and double the amount wen its getting scarce.

See things for yourself at www.foodstuffmillions..com or email me @ okechukwungene@gmail.com, 08036611696.
Re: Business Idea With Half Million? by vekisha: 2:25pm On Apr 29, 2011
Hello sir,
I like the question you asked, my answer is YES there is business you can do
that can make even above that profit you desire all that is required is good
knowledge of the biz and that business is HORSE TRADING very rewarding its
done online.Am sure you are surprise see not everybody will like to tell the biz
they in involving.If you are interested email at sportsemmy@yahoo.co.uk.
Thanks and take care
Your friend
Vekisha
Re: Business Idea With Half Million? by liujenny(f): 5:27pm On Apr 29, 2011
thats 3000USD rite? grin grin its ok for start something. good luck sista!!

Re: Business Idea With Half Million? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 30, 2011
Good day to you overe there,am OLUJIDE GABRIEL.Am the CEO of O2 NIGERIA, an Oyo State soap manufacturing and training company.We train people and interested soap manufacturing company on how to produce,

[1] NATURAL HERBAL HONEY SOAP[the soap that clean any skin infection in just 10 days]

[2] MOSQUITO KILLER CANDLE

[3] ANTI MALARIA SOAP

[4] PRESERVED PEPPER[preserved pepper that can lasted for 1 good year]

[5] LAUNDRY SOAP

[6] ANTISEPTIC SOAP

[7] LIQUID SOAP

[8]BALM

[9] BODY CREAM

[10] MEDICATED HAIR CREAM etc.

To be sure, the scope of the company is not only withing Nigeria,as the company has engage in training different company workers in Ghana and some big soap company in Nigeria.

We also have explanatory bulk hand out that contain 15 different products
Our price are negotiable and you can start any of this product with as low as 10,000.00.We will also teach you how to build local machine with wood to start with and some or our product are available on request.

After the training ,we also teach our trainees how to manufacture the soap equipment by their self and we also offer door step training for individual or group in any part of the Nigeria and west africa.

We are open to more negotiation on how to work this out.

Thanks

OLUJIDE OLUWATOSIN
CEO
O2 NIGERIA
25,ikereku lay out,orita challenge,
Ibadan,oyo state ,Nigeria
o2nigeria@yahoo.com.
Re: Business Idea With Half Million? by Thethy(m): 9:05pm On Apr 30, 2011
Snail & grasscutter farming.For detail contact: THE THY SNAIL & GRASSCUTTER FARMS, Tel: 08023050835 , 07033632285.

Re: Business Idea With Half Million? by Thethy(m): 9:09pm On Apr 30, 2011
Snail & grasscutter farming.For detail contact: THE THY SNAIL & GRASSCUTTER FARMS, Tel: 08023050835 , 07033632285.

Re: Business Idea With Half Million? by uche77zero(m): 9:25pm On Apr 30, 2011
Saipem has a vendor registration site for vendors now for more information click on http://jeginconsult..com/ for more information
Re: Business Idea With Half Million? by ffty: 10:21pm On Apr 30, 2011
46km.com Car parts- Order car parts from small single orders to large containerized orders.

Drive any car of your choice in Nigeria. Parts are delivered in 5 business days directly from the US. Request a quote today, and see how cheap it is!

We buy and Dismantle cars in the United States put them in a container and ship directly to you in Nigeria. Good business!! Good deal!! Guaranteed Profit.

Lots of testimonies!

www.46km.com ----------Experienced in loading cars and parts in containers. (312) 477-6031 info@46km.com

Buy accident cars dismantle and make big money!

Never worry about your car parts, we'll ship them fast. Ship in 5 business days!

Shop easy in America from Nigeria 46km.com Offices in Lagos and America

(1) (Reply)

How To Become A Distributor Of A Fast Moving Product With 10,000 / How To Send Money Between African Countries In Form Of Gift Cards / 9 Steps To Starting A Successful Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.