Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,197 members, 7,815,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

The Red Girl (18+) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Red Girl (18+) (8424 Views)

The Virgin Street Girl 18+ / Love Without End (heart Touching Love Story...retold By A Young Girl) 18+ / If I Were A Girl 18+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Red Girl (18+) by Gabrendo(m): 10:33am On Oct 26, 2020
Episode 6

We didn’t want to attract the tabloids again, so driving all the way to Bay beach wasn’t an option and we couldn’t ask Solomon for another favor, cause the last time, he wanted his favor paid back with a three-some. Him, Sophia and I. There was no chance in hell; I was letting a man touch me in a sexual way. I would rather the police lock me up and threw the keys away.

l thought of another option. We could incinerate her -- cut her into many parts and prepare her for a barbeque toast. Sophia immediately bought the idea but the problem now was, where do we start the fire? Sophia suggested the garage but then how do we ensure we didn’t get choked by the thick burning smoke since the garage door can’t be left open for the smoke to disperse at ease. You see the thing with burning dead bodies, the smoke that erupts, carries the stench and the air doesn’t do well in hiding it and some of these nosy neighbors of ours could catch the smell, risking details like this appearing in the testimonies at court if we ever get charged for this murder.

Sophia agreed to this too, burning a dead body in our home wasn’t the perfect idea but we can’t risk having the smell of dead body permanent on our floor.

So what do we do?

“We could burn her in an open place,” Sophia suggested.

"An open place?” I quipped. “What if we get caught?”

“I don’t mean a place we can be seen. I mean…what of the bushes?”

The only bush close by was ten minutes drive away. We would just like we did Naomi. Wrap her up in a blanket and shove her into the trunk and drive all the way and get her burnt into ashes. We both bought the idea. This was how we will get away with murder again but it was easier said than done.

Just to be clear, the whole burning of the red girl’s corpse didn’t just come to me naturally, I mean I wasn’t born with a serial killer’s instinct. The case of the actress, the drowning in the pool thing, a police detective had knocked on our door on a certain day to ask us questions about her death. One underpaid detective -- Lucas Paul. A very tall, lean, in dire need of three square of balanced meal kind of lean with a back, almost hunched suspected foul play. How can a pool that could barely reach her shoulder drown her? Even if it was possible, not Laura who has a gold model in swimming at south African swimming competition when she was a teenager.

He asked me a round of questions. What was our business with her before her death? Did we speak before she died? Was I cheating on my wife with her? Very annoying questions, that one slip could have landed me in a big shit but I answered them meticulously. She worked as an MC once for my wife. I don’t have any need communicating with her after the event. I will never cheat on my wife.

Sophia answered hers, equally intelligently and we were off his trail for the time being.

I agreed with the detective though. His suspicions held the right amount of water. The pool seemed too shallow for her to drown. But all these actresses have many enemies so it could be one of them who drowned her but definitely not us.

He came back weeks later, with the blackmail messages in Laura’s phone. We asserted to the blackmail but that wasn’t evidence enough that we drowned her, after all we had a strong alibi. We stayed up late at a friend’s house warming party until the next day. He left us again but we feared for the time being.

Then, we met Ana months later and had to deal with her corpse after Sophia mistakenly killed her. We can’t risk another body been found and tracing it to us, so cremation was the perfect way to get away with this murder.

I drove that night alone, so I could get it all done with quickly even though Sophia argued I couldn’t do it all by myself. She doesn’t trust I have defeated my phobia for dark places and I could shit my pants being alone with a dead body but I disagreed, I was the man. A man don’t fear the dark or the dead. Okay, that’s a lie. Sophia knew me too well, I would shit my pants left alone with Ana’s corpse in the dark but I needed to put my ass together and get this done without Sophia breathing hot air on my neck.

I dragged her body through the shadows of the dark bushes and spewed fuel all over her but I couldn’t keep the fire in the match stick burning. The wind kept putting it out and my balls shriveled. It was easy to blame the wind despite I was visibly shaken, lighting that match. After many struggles I got a steady fire and threw it on her but the lights goes out even before it landed on her. The night sky was slowly getting bright and I had no choice but to roll her body in a trench and drove back home.

When I got home Sophia was already asleep. Sleeping so peacefully like she hasn’t just killed a human being. The redgirl’s blood formed a shape on the floor. Something that looked like a bleeding heart, I really can’t say. I got down on my knees with a bucket of cold water mixed with chlorine bleach and scrubbed till the whole stain was washed away. I returned to the living room and slept on the couch, thinking that maybe this was it. A sign to call this marriage quit.

When I was still a marketer at that insurance bank, I dated this lady colleague. Things weren’t really going well for us cause I couldn’t give her the things she would demand for. Not like I was been paid a higher salary but I understand as a man I ought to meet some of her needs. Then fortunately she got a job as the secretary for a big politician and I was so happy she wouldn’t be all that demanding anymore. But just a few months she started working for this politician, I received a text message from her that it was over. I tried reaching her to find out what I did wrong but to no avail. Went to her house but she wasn’t always around. I went to the office but couldn’t pass the security men. I got really frustrated and had gone days without eating but I needed to man up and move the hell up. One day I woke up to the news that she was getting married to the politician as his third wife. Nothing could have been more painful. She left me because someone could give her the life I couldn’t give. After that day I vowed to make the kind of money that a woman wouldn’t have the guts to break up with me through a text message.

Then I met Sophia, the woman who didn’t need my money and fortunately for me, I got her to fall in love with me after stalking her for months at events and finally growing the balls to slide into her dm. I think at first she used me to get back at Solomon but she caught feelings after. I really played my cards right. We got married, well you know the circumstances that led to that.
And I had ever since lived on her wealth and became her boy toy instead of her husband but I was done with this life of sexual pervasion and now murders.

I told her in the morning that I wanted a divorce but she didn’t say a word. Not the following day or even the following week but on a certain Sunday morning, I opened the door to Detective Lucas flagged by two policemen armed to the teeth. One of them holding a handcuff.

"You are under arrest for the murder of one Ana Bernard.”

Before I could say a word, I was already at the back of their van, heading for south. Hands in cuffs. Mind racing. This was the end for sure. Sophia did this.

©, Gabriel Odigiri, 2020

2 Likes

Re: The Red Girl (18+) by Gabrendo(m): 10:39am On Oct 26, 2020
cyndy1000:

Please Update na

Thanks for following dear. I will try to update once every week. I have a tight schedule. Woking on my debut novel and all. Again thanks for following.
Re: The Red Girl (18+) by cyndy1000(f): 11:23am On Oct 26, 2020
Gabrendo:

Thanks for following dear. I will try to update once every week. I have a tight schedule. Woking on my debut novel and all. Again thanks for following.

Thanks for the update.
Alright no problem

1 Like

Re: The Red Girl (18+) by jaydave226(m): 4:02am On Oct 30, 2020
Ann2012:

Thanks for the mention

Ann2012, you're just everywhere!
Re: The Red Girl (18+) by Ann2012(f): 5:25am On Oct 30, 2020
jaydave226:

Ann2012, you're just everywhere!

grin, But still in Nigeria embarassed
Re: The Red Girl (18+) by UCMax1: 2:59pm On Oct 30, 2020
F**k psycho ladies
Re: The Red Girl (18+) by jaydave226(m): 7:01pm On Oct 30, 2020
Ann2012:

grin, But still in Nigeria embarassed
well, it shows you are a avid reader and a loyal Nigerian

1 Like

Re: The Red Girl (18+) by bizza45: 5:16pm On Nov 07, 2020
is that the end !!!??
Re: The Red Girl (18+) by Tonyspecial(m): 8:35pm On Nov 08, 2020
nice makeup
Re: The Red Girl (18+) by Gabrendo(m): 5:30pm On Dec 12, 2020
bizza45:
is that the end !!!??
Yes it is...
Re: The Red Girl (18+) by KelvinCoaster(m): 9:16pm On Dec 12, 2020
Gabrendo:

You promised to update once every week.Then all of a sudden,you said that the story has ended.

Why?

1 Like

Re: The Red Girl (18+) by Gabrendo(m): 10:09pm On Dec 12, 2020
KelvinCoaster:

You promised to update once every week.Then all of a sudden,you said that the story has ended.

Why?

Okay. I will work something out. Needed to be sure I still got people's interest. Been a difficult few months. Thanks for following.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Love And Snakes / The Afro Sushi / Daylight Mysteries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.