Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

My Victory Has Put An End To Godfatherism In Edo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Victory Has Put An End To Godfatherism In Edo State (362 Views)

Tinubu’s Victory Has Vindicated APC's Nationalistic Outlook - Adamu / Wike: We Have Kicked Out Godfatherism In Edo State / Wike Campaigns For Obaseki, Says "Today Is The End Of Godfatherism In Edo" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Victory Has Put An End To Godfatherism In Edo State by Nairablink(m): 5:53pm On Sep 20, 2020
Godwin Obaseki, the Governor of Edo State has described his victory in the 2020 governorship election in the state as a victory over godfatherism.

Obaseki made the statement on Sunday after he was declared the winner of Saturday’s governorship election in Edo State by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

Obaseki of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), polled 307,955 votes to defeat all other candidates including Osagie Ize-Iyamu of the All Progressives Congress (APC) who polled 223,619 votes.

INEC’s Returning Officer, Prof. Akpofure Rim-Rukeh declared Obaseki winner of the election.

Speaking after his electoral victory, the Governor while commending the people of Edo State, described his re-election as “triumph over godfatherism”. Click here to read more

https://www.nairablink.com/my-victory-has-put-an-end-to-godfatherism-in-edo-state/

Re: My Victory Has Put An End To Godfatherism In Edo State by yarimo(m): 6:10pm On Sep 20, 2020
mtceeew foolish man after inec help you rig election abi ?
Re: My Victory Has Put An End To Godfatherism In Edo State by dangermouse(m): 6:45pm On Sep 20, 2020
A deserving victory. Congratulations!
Re: My Victory Has Put An End To Godfatherism In Edo State by fuckerholic(m): 7:11pm On Sep 20, 2020
That is it!!! thank you,Adiu to Osho pikin..Lagos next!!
Re: My Victory Has Put An End To Godfatherism In Edo State by fuckerholic(m): 7:12pm On Sep 20, 2020
yarimo:
Pains! Pains! Pain!!

2 Likes

Re: My Victory Has Put An End To Godfatherism In Edo State by ursullalinda(f): 7:13pm On Sep 20, 2020
I'm so so happy today!.....Obaseki fought a good fight and the masses made it happen.......Osho baba should go and hide his face.
Re: My Victory Has Put An End To Godfatherism In Edo State by Passionate888: 7:15pm On Sep 20, 2020
yarimo:
Sifia pains

1 Like

Re: My Victory Has Put An End To Godfatherism In Edo State by Nairablink(m): 10:17pm On Sep 27, 2020
This can never happen in Lagos

(1) (Reply)

OUK Ebonyi Chapter Storms Igbere, Pledges Loyalty To Sen. Kalu / Amaechi Lacks Respect For Our Kingdom, He Should Be Guided.. Okochiri Kingdom Wa / 5 Things Buhari Must Do Now To Stop EndSARS Protests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.