Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,311 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Social Media Users React As Young, Black & Lit Donates Books - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Social Media Users React As Young, Black & Lit Donates Books (156 Views)

Social Media Users React to Covenant University 201 First Class / Samuel Adejuwon: No Lady Could Resist Me As Young Man – 96 Year Old Man / Twitter Users React To The Way JSS3 Students In Kano Recited The 36 States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Social Media Users React As Young, Black & Lit Donates Books by gistsmill04: 2:54am On Sep 21, 2020
Following damning reality about the unavailability of books with Black main characters to children in the Chicagoland area, Krenice Roseman and his team rise to the occasion to make the difference.

After becoming frustrated at the lack of Black title characters in children’s literature, Krenice Roseman started Young, Black & Lit.

It is a nonprofit that provides books that feature Black main characters to children.

The organization has distributed more than 5,000 books with Black main characters to children in the Chicagoland area through book fairs, community groups and schools.

“When a child sees themselves reflected in the books that they read, when the books are a mirror to them, they feel valued,” Roseman said.

However, some social media users have criticized the gesture. They branded it with all sorts of name calling.

https://www.ngtimes.net/2020/09/social-media-users-react-young-black-lit-donates-books.html

(1) (Reply)

I Don’t Think I Should Start Preparing For Next ICAN Diet Now!!! / Leave The Office And Find Yourself - Great Tip From Artist / Nigeria As A Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.