Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,930,712 members, 7,086,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 September 2022 at 09:17 AM

Nollywood Has A Role To Play In Reshaping The Narrative;::::::::::: - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nollywood Has A Role To Play In Reshaping The Narrative;::::::::::: (255 Views)

Role Of Obas And Chiefs In Nation Building Very Important - Olowu Kuta / A Historical Narrative Of Oduduwa. / Key Role Of Ife’s Igbo/Ugbo Chiefs In The Crowning Of Great Ooni Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood Has A Role To Play In Reshaping The Narrative;::::::::::: by magicminister: 4:59am On Sep 21, 2020
Ritual killing does not work and sane people know it does not work but for decades, the nollywood industry have peddled movies with narratives where human sacrifices have made people incredibly rich.

Growing up, I genuinely believed that you cAn be successful with the aide of a “babalawo” and some human skulls but with age comes wisdom and I’ve learnt that the only way to succeed is discipline and smart work.

I strongly believe that the false narrative nollywood has pushed for decades is part of the contributing factor where a lot of desperate youths venture into such activities and the result is on the news every single day.

There is rarely a day that passes where we do not have some form of ritual killing make the news, there is rarely a day that passes where dead bodies are not discovered.

Nollywood needs to do better and this is a call for them
To wake up and change the narrative.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Aso Ofi / The Best Language In West Africa / IP Lawyers Ask Court To Declare Yoruba Bata As Origin Of Salsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.