Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Nollywood Has A Role To Play In Reshaping The Narrative;::::::::::: - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nollywood Has A Role To Play In Reshaping The Narrative;::::::::::: (643 Views)

Dispelling The Myopic Narrative That Ikwerre's Don't Travel / Chinese Govt Manipulates Narrative Through Seminar On Tibetan Studies / A Historical Narrative Of Oduduwa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nollywood Has A Role To Play In Reshaping The Narrative;::::::::::: by magicminister: 4:59am On Sep 21, 2020
Ritual killing does not work and sane people know it does not work but for decades, the nollywood industry have peddled movies with narratives where human sacrifices have made people incredibly rich.

Growing up, I genuinely believed that you cAn be successful with the aide of a “babalawo” and some human skulls but with age comes wisdom and I’ve learnt that the only way to succeed is discipline and smart work.

I strongly believe that the false narrative nollywood has pushed for decades is part of the contributing factor where a lot of desperate youths venture into such activities and the result is on the news every single day.

There is rarely a day that passes where we do not have some form of ritual killing make the news, there is rarely a day that passes where dead bodies are not discovered.

Nollywood needs to do better and this is a call for them
To wake up and change the narrative.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nollywood Has A Role To Play In Reshaping The Narrative;::::::::::: by AirFireEarthH20: 3:52pm On Jan 06, 2023
@magicminister please Sir, can I have a pchat with you?
Re: Nollywood Has A Role To Play In Reshaping The Narrative;::::::::::: by Armaggedon: 6:53pm On Jan 08, 2023
magicminister:
Ritual killing does not work and sane people know it does not work but for decades, the nollywood industry have peddled movies with narratives where human sacrifices have made people incredibly rich.

Growing up, I genuinely believed that you cAn be successful with the aide of a “babalawo” and some human skulls but with age comes wisdom and I’ve learnt that the only way to succeed is discipline and smart work.

I strongly believe that the false narrative nollywood has pushed for decades is part of the contributing factor where a lot of desperate youths venture into such activities and the result is on the news every single day.

There is rarely a day that passes where we do not have some form of ritual killing make the news, there is rarely a day that passes where dead bodies are not discovered.

Nollywood needs to do better and this is a call for them
To wake up and change the narrative.
Things will change when you learn to take responsibility for your actions.Nollywood owes you nothing. Movie industry reflects what happens in it's society in a corrective way, and nollywood is doing just that. If you have naira marley, portable and tinubu as role models yet resort to blaming nollywood for your societal ills, then you need help.
Re: Nollywood Has A Role To Play In Reshaping The Narrative;::::::::::: by magicminister: 5:21pm On Jan 10, 2023
AirFireEarthH20:
@magicminister please Sir, can I have a pchat with you?

Hey, do you have a good opportunity for me? Otherwise, kindly fuccck off

(1) (Reply)

See The African Tribe That Looks Like Alien Descendants / Cyber Market Is Nigeria’s Immediate Future Beyond Oil, Says Olawepo-hashim / I Am Talking Someone To Okija Shrine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.