Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,240 members, 7,829,439 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

On Al-mustafa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On Al-mustafa (1694 Views)

Why Buhari Fired AMCON MD, Mustafa Chike-obi - Premium Times / INTERVIEW: Buhari On Al Jazeera.... #OPINIONS / Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Al-mustafa by israel007: 11:01am On Jun 22, 2007
fellow nairalanders, who will help us beg for the release of Al-mustafa. that guy has suffered enough and now that OBJ has gone, please lets all wish that he be free and free forever. please mr. president, help Al- mustafa.

I'm in no way related to this man but I feel strongly that he's innocent. I'm a die hard fan of Al.

You can rain insults on me. That's expected. But allbim saying is FREE AL-MUSTAFA
Re: On Al-mustafa by angel101(f): 11:16am On Jun 22, 2007
What is the basis for ur canvassing his release?
Re: On Al-mustafa by vigasimple(m): 2:20pm On Jun 22, 2007
I think Isreal007 is a relation of Al-mustafa or a beneficiary of his 'abacaha/mustafa' government.

If somebody did something significantly wrong asking for mercy on his behalf makes the person soliciting on their behalf character questionable.

Angel001 is right. Isreal007 must tell us the connection and on what basis he/she is asking for the release of Al-mustafa.

Just a quick reminder to isreal007, the goverment are still looking for some of Abacha/al mustafa's co-conspirators, if he is one he should go and surrender himself before it is too late.

Amnesty are not for people like Al-mustafa. Remember his big brother is still there BAMAYI.

let us all be careful when we are in position of authority to treat people nicely immunity or no immunity. We will account to our fellow human being and ultimately t GOD our creator
Re: On Al-mustafa by BlackMamba(m): 3:34pm On Jun 22, 2007
I lost track of that guy. Was he ever convicted of a crime?
Re: On Al-mustafa by denex: 3:47pm On Jun 22, 2007
In as much as I do not like Al Mustapha, I believe people's human rights should be respected. There are thousands of lawyers just sitting in their offices with nothing to do. I don't know why one of them cannot take up his case.

In as much as this is the case, I also agree that people should know how it feels to be treated the way they treated others. I think they call things like that Karma.

If Abacha had not died, this same Al Mustapha would have still been administering electric shocks to Diya, Obasanjo and Abiola in detention.
Re: On Al-mustafa by angel101(f): 4:00pm On Jun 22, 2007
denex:

In as much as I do not like Al Mustapha, I believe people's human rights should be respected. There are thousands of lawyers just sitting in their offices with nothing to do. I don't know why one of them cannot take up his case.

Does he not have a lawyer?
Re: On Al-mustafa by denex: 4:05pm On Jun 22, 2007
If his lawyer were that good, I don't think he'd still be in detention.
Re: On Al-mustafa by angel101(f): 4:13pm On Jun 22, 2007
I seriously doubt that his lawyer is the problem. In any case ''good' lawyers dont generally sit in their office doing nothing'.
Re: On Al-mustafa by Esss(m): 4:23pm On Jun 22, 2007
Al-mustafa should be taken out in the middle of the night and shot, He belongs to a chapter of our history which we want to erase,

That arrogant bastard can only pay for crimes with his blood,

release him and then the next thing he'll be running for president,

My verdict is death, screw his human rights, human rights are for humans only, al-mustafa is not human
Re: On Al-mustafa by denex: 4:26pm On Jun 22, 2007
He should not be shot! Remember Lagos Lotto, E FIT BE YOU O!

He should be given a quick and fair trial.
Re: On Al-mustafa by Esss(m): 5:08pm On Jun 22, 2007
the blood on his hands are too much, and i do not trust our judiciary system,

He should be tried the way they tried diya and co, and immediately shot by sergeant rogers, thats justice
Re: On Al-mustafa by denex: 6:46pm On Jun 22, 2007
Yes. He's meant to be court martialled and tried in a military court which is much stricter than the regular courts. They should just get it done with jare. The guy deserves justice. Whether freedom, jailtime or capital punishment, the guy should have justice.
Re: On Al-mustafa by laudate: 7:07pm On Jun 22, 2007
denex:

Yes. He's meant to be court martialled and tried in a military court which is much stricter than the regular courts. They should just get it done with jare. The guy deserves justice. Whether freedom, jailtime or capital punishment, the guy should have justice.

Those he killed, did they get justice? Or a summary execution? Please don't answer. It was meant to be a rhetorical question.

Am a believer in the rule of law, but Al-Mustapha hasn't helped his case one bit. Each time his case is called up, he gets his lawyers to place question marks on the integrity of the judge at the trial, or tries to call the court's impartiality into question, by saying the judge is biased.

Read the proceedings of what happened in his last appearance in court. The guy himself, is not interested in seeing justice done, in his own case.
Re: On Al-mustafa by vigasimple(m): 7:28pm On Jun 22, 2007
I am a lawyer and what the guy has been simply advised in my opinion is to refuse to recognise the court jurisdiction - in a layman language- the court authority and competence to hear the case.

That is the reason he is behaving like that, he knew that he has no case and no merit.

The guy is hoping on a favourable govt to come into power and release him on humanitarian ground so he will never face justice or become a convict.

His lawyers are getting paid heavily from his and abcaha loot and they are really smart until we find a Judge who is able to call their bluff and get on with the proceeding even if
Al-Mustafa refuses to give evidence or recognise the court.

He Al-mustafa could have ask for Court martial if he does not recognise the authority of a civil court. He is only playing games and the court are happy for him to be in custody to keep playing his game save that is costing the Nigeria govt a lot of money in keeping him

That man Al-mustaffa in my opinion is better at minimum spending a very long time in prison if not the rest of his life in Jail. We should not have shallow or short memory about him and Abacha. They are epitome of wickedness.

If I were his counsel I will advice him to ask for mercy and say in his defence that the boss Abacha gave me orders and as military man he dare not disobey otherwise knowing Abacha brutality he would have killed him and ask for mercy and show a geniue remorse, but leopard never change its spot. Al -Mustafa is not only proud of what he did but cannot even see what is wrong with it.

Justice will be done in the end.

May God continue to be with us and our great country Nigeria.
Re: On Al-mustafa by BlackMamba(m): 9:52pm On Jun 22, 2007
Questioning the jurisdiction of the court is not new for criminals. Continuously adjourning his case is unacceptable except an appeal is pending in higher court on the issue of jurisdiction. The court ought to set a date for his trial and appoint a lawyer for him, if he can't provide one. If the prosecution is not ready for trial, he should be released. I can care less if he is eventually tied to a stake and shot, but we owe him a trial.
Re: On Al-mustafa by chidichris(m): 11:15am On Jun 23, 2007
who is calling for his release and why?
he did enough to deserve death.
he killed and the bible said those who live by the sword will die by sword.
he was not merciful in all his endeavours so he deserves no mercy.
the last straw that destroyed the carmel back was his knowledge and exposure of the arrangements that brought OBJ to power in 1999.
besides he is a security risk to the nation might they release him
Re: On Al-mustafa by denex: 11:49am On Jun 23, 2007
I personally, am not seeking Al Mustapha's release but his speedy trial.

In a civilised country like Nigeria, we can't just keep people in jail without conviction. He should be tried in a military court (he still is a military man).

If the court grants him freedom, he can go free. If it jails him, he should go to jail. If if it hands down capital punishment, then he should die. But just leaving him there does not make sense.

The legal system is not there to effect revenge but to correct those that can be corrected and cull out those that are incorrigible.
Re: On Al-mustafa by Bankole01(m): 1:39pm On Jun 23, 2007
AS much I don't like the Abacha era with his killer goon squad of which Al Mustafa was the chief, we are also witnessing the illegality and brutality of the Obasanjo era! The reckless flaunting of the law, characterized Obasanjo's administration. By extention and proxy, this is the inheritance of Yar'Adua. Will he be able to overule Obasanjo and finally give Al Mustafa a trial?  This will define the man, whether he is his own man and therefore has spunk or maybe he is just an opportunist jellyfish!
Re: On Al-mustafa by Afam(m): 2:23pm On Jun 23, 2007
What exactly is Al-Mustapha's offence or crime that many are shouting that he should be shot?

Can someone list his crime or offence?

Himself and Bamaiyi have been in detention simply because OBJ wanted them to be there.

In reality, do we have any real case against these people? If yes why haven't the government successfully prosecuted them even after 8 years?

If no, why are they still there?

Meanwhile it is interesting to note that some want him shot but are ready to defend Bush even with the many innocent lives he is responsible for killing.
Re: On Al-mustafa by FACE(m): 4:13pm On Jun 23, 2007
I personally, am not seeking Al Mustapha's release but his speedy trial.

In a civilised country like Nigeria, we can't just keep people in jail without conviction. He should be tried in a military court (he still is a military man).

If the court grants him freedom, he can go free. If it jails him, he should go to jail. If if it hands down capital punishment, then he should die. But just leaving him there does not make sense.

The legal system is not there to effect revenge but to correct those that can be corrected and cull out those that are incorrigible.

Well said Denex and I can't add much more to that. The main reason why it is right for all to receive fair and speedy trial is to ensure fairness to all, innocent until proven guilty, quick dispensation of justice and to avoid unnecessary incarceration of people who may be innocent in the end.

Justice served should be devoid of sentiments and personal vendetta. Like Denex said; "The legal system is not there to effect revenge but to correct those that can be corrected and cull out those that are incorrigible".
Re: On Al-mustafa by angel101(f): 7:39pm On Jun 23, 2007
Bankole01:

AS much I don't like the Abacha era with his killer goon squad of which Al Mustafa was the chief, we are also witnessing the illegality and brutality of the Obasanjo era! The reckless flaunting of the law, characterized Obasanjo's administration.

my sentiments exactly! How come Mohamed Abacha was released without trial and Mustafa and others remain in custody?
Re: On Al-mustafa by babasin(m): 10:03pm On Jun 23, 2007
@ESS
the blood on his hands are too much, and i do not trust our judiciary system,

How many people did he killed?

OBJ wiped-out a whole ODI village: this is crime against humanity!

Please do research before writing
grin cheesy grin
Re: On Al-mustafa by angel101(f): 10:31pm On Jun 23, 2007
babasin:

@ESS

How many people did he killed?

OBJ wiped-out a whole ODI village: this is crime against humanity!

Please do research before writing
grin cheesy grin

The number of people he killed does not make him any less culpable.
Re: On Al-mustafa by babasin(m): 10:44am On Jun 24, 2007
@angel101
The number of people he killed does not make him any less culpable.

then OBJ should be behind bars too

grin cheesy grin
Re: On Al-mustafa by angel101(f): 10:54am On Jun 24, 2007
I agree! Every wrong doer ought to be punished accordingly.
Re: On Al-mustafa by Esss(m): 9:49am On Jun 27, 2007
In Obasanjos case, we do not have any prime witness that has come out to say obasanjo sent us into Odi to kill people. The military men who were sent there to fish out the people who killed the military officers acted on their own (or so we have been told). So please do not tell me bullshit about something you yourself have no idea about. Abi did you see a note where Obj said "military go and destroy Odi people". Although I strongly believe he should also be facing charges of crimes against humanity.

In Al-mustafas case the prosecutions star witness is there (sergeant Rogers). He has confessed to pulling the trigger in the murder of hajia Abiola (m.k.o's wife). He also said he shot Dele-Giwa (with mohammed Abachas son as his getaway driver), along with other crimes. All these were under direct orders from Major Al-mustafa.

If the government does not want to kill him, they should give me the contract, I'll personally shoot the bastard for no fee at all. (in fact I'll bring my own gun).

An eye for an eye, thats true justice.
Re: On Al-mustafa by angel101(f): 10:56am On Jun 27, 2007
Esss:

In Al-mustafas case the prosecutions star witness is there (sergeant Rogers). He has confessed to pulling the trigger in the murder of hajia Abiola (m.k.o's wife). He also said he shot Dele-Giwa (with mohammed Abachas son as his getaway driver), along with other crimes. All these were under direct orders from Major Al-mustafa.

And yet, mohammed has been released by the same OBJ!
Re: On Al-mustafa by bigspif(m): 3:22pm On Jun 27, 2007
Na wah for some of us, its seems sentiment dey blind our eyes, @ Esss point of correction it was not Abatcha that killed Dele Giwa (he died during IBB's junta).
OBJ too must be put on trial for the sufferings and killings endured during his tenure, please dont bullshit us about evidence that OBJ was not behind ODI killings/Bola Ige to mention but a few.
Re: On Al-mustafa by Afam(m): 3:02pm On Jun 28, 2007
Esss:

In Obasanjos case, we do not have any prime witness that has come out to say obasanjo sent us into Odi to kill people. The military men who were sent there to fish out the people who killed the military officers acted on their own (or so we have been told). So please do not tell me bullshit about something you yourself have no idea about. Abi did you see a note where Obj said "military go and destroy Odi people". Although I strongly believe he should also be facing charges of crimes against humanity.

If the government does not want to kill him, they should give me the contract, I'll personally shoot the bastard for no fee at all. (in fact I'll bring my own gun).

An eye for an eye, thats true justice.

Na wah ooo, dem been shoot Dele Giwa abi na letter bomb kill am?

We go fit find very nice movie scripts for Nairaland oooo the way wey we dey go.
Re: On Al-mustafa by angel101(f): 4:39pm On Jun 28, 2007
grin grin lol thats true o!

(1) (Reply)

Ngozi Mgbeke, Over N14m Fraud - / Is Nigeria Ready For Id Card Harmonization? / Balancing State Creations In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.