Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM (27471 Views)

Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times / Lai Mohammed And Senator Godswill Akpabio Pictured Together / Letter To President Buhari Warns Against EFCC Boss Lamorde And Senator Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 05, 2013

1 Like

Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 05, 2013
Lmao!! grin

Anyway, why did all of you blow-cold after running around like headless chickens when the bill was signed? It's not even 3 months, yet it seems everyone has forgotten about it. What happened to the petitions?

Nigerians are jokers!! You lot just do everything based on following a trend without necessarily thinking things through. How can you fight against something that doesn't affect you directly without the support of those who're affected by it? - pick your battles wisely next time and stop the unnecessary and cowardly distractions!

I guess, "Shymmex" is now a prophet!

Lousy plonkers!

13 Likes

Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 05, 2013
1 million likes for Stella and that havard dude.. Yerima is a pedophile, and that Lagos prof. Is a disgrace to Yoruba's around the globe... He should be hanged

22 Likes

Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by DonColz1(m): 9:49pm On Sep 05, 2013
Senator yerima is been economical nah, small gals like super yougourt (10) while big gals like supreme ice cream (200) so he is going for small gals that are less costly, but he should repent oh, end time tinz

6 Likes

Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by UyiIredia(m): 11:14pm On Sep 05, 2013
Watching and seeing how deeds are justified.
Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by ujoinme: 11:22pm On Sep 05, 2013
Stella you rock, the moderator,yerima and quack professor sucks
Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 05, 2013
Milions of love to Stella

4 Likes

Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by UyiIredia(m): 11:27pm On Sep 05, 2013
MTN messed me up. The stream was disconnected.

I don't think religion was necessary for Yerima to justify the issue, though I note the comment by Stella on Muslims finding it okay. In any case, abuse (sexual, mental or physical) is a concern here and it is widely-held that children are more open to this since they lack sufficient knowledge. I note that Yerima's place has a high number of uneducated kids.

To cut to the chase, while I think the law should be upheld here I don't think all children below 18 couldn't be ready for marriage and childbirth, as a matter of fact, they can, more so when I consider that there exceptions in the rate of maturity in physical, mental and sexual aspects in various people.
Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by Nobody: 12:20am On Sep 06, 2013
Though i cant imagine and would never support such a marriage(underage or better still child marriage) metted on my relative,be it my sister,daughter,cousin etc but will u blame d average muslim for d indulgence,'NO' is my answer -because his religion supports it and we must start learning to respect it.Such marriage is d norm in d north.So for me,nothing strange,suprising or new -Stella was right in her own perspective so also d senator especially when he said it's a 'muslim thing' .
It is complicated.

7 Likes

Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by Slyr0x: 9:41am On Sep 06, 2013

12 Likes

Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by OCTAVO: 9:42am On Sep 06, 2013
grin

47 Likes

Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by kennyonthrone(m): 9:42am On Sep 06, 2013
R
Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by abatajjvii: 9:42am On Sep 06, 2013
am on my way coming
Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by optimusprime2(m): 9:46am On Sep 06, 2013
Walahi Yerima is utterly Shameless...
Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by nora544: 9:47am On Sep 06, 2013
Dike Chimezie: Though i cant imagine and would never support such a marriage(underage or better still child marriage) metted on my relative,be it my sister,daughter,cousin etc but will u blame d average muslim for d indulgence,'NO' is my answer -because his religion supports it and we must start learning to respect it.Such marriage is d norm in d north.So for me,nothing strange,suprising or new -Stella was right in her own perspective so also d senator especially when he said it's a 'muslim thing' .
It is complicated.

It is a muslim thing but it is not allowed in egypt and in many other muslim countries to marry at that age, why he married her not in egypt because in egyt he couldnot make it but in nigeria he can to it. What can a girl make when her parents sell her, she must stay with this man.

Do you realy know if this young wife of Senator yerima realy is happy with her life, she has to do what he wants, she has to open her legs if she like it or not.

5 Likes

Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by Oziddy: 9:49am On Sep 06, 2013
yerima if u tink say u get power, com touch my pretty cousins, make i show u say Amadioha is a spirit nd also Amadioha is a man of the people

7 Likes

Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by Joe4real701(m): 9:50am On Sep 06, 2013
Its high time all nigerians come out as one to protest against this craddle-robbers
Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by xpagnol: 9:51am On Sep 06, 2013
@Octavo. That pics is actually what the religion meant to explain. good religion fire.

1 Like

Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by christ4mi(f): 9:51am On Sep 06, 2013
I don't why people will always like to cause confusion, this early marriage is a Northern Muslims thing, did anyone force us to marry out our daughters or sister early? Alcohol is perfectly legal in Nigeria does it mean that everyone must consume Alcohol? Southern compatriot we fighting for pple who don't want fight for themselves. Until Northern Muslims lead the way in fight against Early Marriage, then I will join the fight. It non of my business for now

19 Likes

Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 06, 2013
nora544:
Do you realy know if this young wife of Senator yerima realy is happy with her life, she has to do what he wants, she has to open her legs if she like it or not.

I heard that her father is a poor chauffeur and Yerima married the man's daughter in exchange for a huge sum of money that could significantly better the poor man's lot.
Also, yes, you are correct. the poor child cannot say no to her husband's amorous advances regardless of how physically traumatic those advances are.

According to Muslim sources (Hadith)

When a man calls his wife for sexxual intimacy and she refuses him, thus he spends the night in anger, then the angels curse her until morning.� (Sahih al-Bukhari & Sahih Muslim, See: Riyad al-Salihin, No. 281
Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by christ4mi(f): 9:54am On Sep 06, 2013
nora544:

It is a muslim thing but it is not allowed in egypt and in many other muslim countries to marry at that age, why he married her not in egypt because in egyt he couldnot make it but in nigeria he can to it. What can a girl make when her parents sell her, she must stay with this man.

There over 60 Muslim majority country in the world. Name one country apart from Egypt, that underage Marriage is illegal. It a Muslim thing, leave it for them. You can't change this simple fact.

1 Like

Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by SamConquer(m): 9:54am On Sep 06, 2013
This Issue just made Islam to Look like a Religion of Joke.which the Religion actually is.Confuse Set of People,Some are against it,while others Support it. ...Bunch of hypocrites who claim to be modest turn around to go and defile Young girls.Imagine a 55yrs Man inserting his old shrinking P'e'n'i's in the innocent V'a'g'i'n'a of a 6 yrs Girl,Kai Na wa ooooo.......

6 Likes

Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by davidufuoma(m): 9:59am On Sep 06, 2013
hmmmm speechless
Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by MrAboki: 10:05am On Sep 06, 2013
shymexx: Lmao!! grin

Anyway, why did all of you blow-cold after running around like headless chickens when the bill was signed? It's not even 3 months, yet it seems everyone has forgotten about it. What happened to the petitions?

Nigerians are jokers!! You lot just do everything based on following a trend without necessarily thinking things through. How can you fight against something that doesn't affect you directly without the support of those who're affected by it? - pick your battles wisely next time and stop the unnecessary and cowardly distractions!

I guess, "Shymmex" is now a prophet!

Lousy plonkers!

LOL!!

Wetin you expect?!
Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by cumpaddre(m): 10:09am On Sep 06, 2013
Yerima wan 2 dey bleep small gals abi?
Ok.
Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by dridowu: 10:09am On Sep 06, 2013
Just passing, no free mb to watch aljazeera. So komet is i no support yerima

1 Like

Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by MrAboki: 10:11am On Sep 06, 2013
Uyi Iredia: MTN messed me up. The stream was disconnected.

I don't think religion was necessary for Yerima to justify the issue, though I note the comment by Stella on Muslims finding it okay. In any case, abuse (sexual, mental or physical) is a concern here and it is widely-held that children are more open to this since they lack sufficient knowledge. I note that Yerima's place has a high number of uneducated kids.

To cut to the chase, while I think the law should be upheld here I don't think all children below 18 couldn't be ready for marriage and childbirth, as a matter of fact, they can, more so when I consider that there exceptions in the rate of maturity in physical, mental and sexual aspects in various people.

WTF did you just write here?!

The law should be upheld.. So a law that allows for a grown Man to marry a Minor and defile em should be upheld. #NICE!

And whats that whole thing you wrote there about varying maturity levels?! What point were you trying to drive home? That if the girl is a minor but has 'matured' as in: Big Brest, Big hips, Big Yansh with Bib-bia all over her bia-bia region, she can be married off and fvcked.. abi?! Shey that was what you were trying to pass across or did I miss something?!

7 Likes

Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by sureway1(m): 10:12am On Sep 06, 2013
After dem go say hausa dis hausa dat...what about the useless yoruba prof...
most lasu students will have yerimarism attitude in them...

1 Like

Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by gazilion: 10:20am On Sep 06, 2013
That Lagos State Prof. is a COMPLETE DISGRACE!
The Islamic Scholar made some sense!!
Stella Damasus is da Bomb!!!
Senator Yerima is shameless !!!!

4 Likes

Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by dorleey(f): 10:20am On Sep 06, 2013
It is a shame that ppl still open their mouths to say it is a religion thing and shLd be left like that. Is religion not supposed to be for humanity sake? Cannibalism is some ppl's tradition; out-cast syndrome is also ppl's culture. So are we to keep practicing it? Who made it a 'religious thing' if not man? Is religion suppose to oppress a part of humanity?Must we continue to fold arms and wait till the voiceless gain voice before we can be able to voice what is right? Let me tell u that sitting on the fence and saying dt d fight isn't ur biz is so wrong because one day, d fighters might pull dt fence down and stampede u. Live for humanity sake and not religion. Act right, pls!

12 Likes

Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by ibromish(m): 10:24am On Sep 06, 2013
I don't support child marriage but marriage is not tied to a particular age but rather maturity (physiological, mental and physical development). I wish the clamour against child marriage could be extended to gay marriage(a dastardly act), which holy boooks condemn totally.
for the fact that age is not pegged to marriage make it seem that anybody could marry any girl he founds suitable; but it takes the sanity of the intending groom to look beyond the age and consider the maturity stage of the intending bride.
there can be no age peg to marriage since ladies beyond 30s, 40s remained unmarried....lets leave the age thing and focus on maturity level...genes defer from generation to generation and so do physiological development in girls defers.
puberty age could also not be peg to a particular age because of this same factor.
few days back a Nairalander posted the birth of triplets from a 14 year old girl; those are the rare cases that occurs in female developments. even the doctors/nurses were astonished at this development as posted by a Nairalander.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Plot To Sack IGP, Arase, Thickens - Nigerian Tribune / Osun Election: Declare PDP Winner Now, Secondus Cries Blue Murder / Lagos To Begin Construction Of 4th Mainland This Year, 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.