Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,227 members, 7,811,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

Man Who Climbed Mount Everest 10 Times Without Bottled Air Dies In Nepal - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Who Climbed Mount Everest 10 Times Without Bottled Air Dies In Nepal (2772 Views)

Man Who Climbed Azman Aircraft At Lagos Airport Is From Niger Republic - FAAN / World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) / Plane Crashes Into Parked Helicopters Near Mount Everest, Kills 3 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Who Climbed Mount Everest 10 Times Without Bottled Air Dies In Nepal by Explorers(m): 11:05am On Sep 21, 2020
Mountaineer Ang Rita Sherpa, who climbed Mt Everest 10 times without bottled oxygen and who is known by the epithet of Snow Leopard, died on Monday morning at his residence in Jorpati, according to Ang Tshring Sherpa, former president of Nepal Mountaineering Association.

He was 72.

https://kathmandupost.com/national/2020/09/21/snow-leopard-ang-rita-sherpa-who-climbed-mt-everest-10-times-without-bottled-oxygen-dies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Climbed Mount Everest 10 Times Without Bottled Air Dies In Nepal by Explorers(m): 11:05am On Sep 21, 2020
Sherpa, a native of Thamo village in Solukhumbu, last stood atop the world’s tallest mountain in 1996, the tenth time without supplemental oxygen.

He first summited the mountain in 1983.

The Guinness World Records in 2017 recognised him as the only person on the planet to have climbed Everest 10 times without supplemental oxygen.

The Guiness World Record has also recognized him as the first man to climb Everest in winter without supplementary oxygen in December 1987.

Sherpa lately was suffering from brain and liver problems.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Who Climbed Mount Everest 10 Times Without Bottled Air Dies In Nepal by Explorers(m): 11:05am On Sep 21, 2020
29,029 ft(8,848 or 5.5miles) tall.
(5-7days of dangerous adventure, excluding weeks of training/adapting)

Climbers and scientists have a special name for the highest part of Everest, or everything above 26,247 feet (8,000 meters): "The Death Zone."

Human bodies work best at sea level.

Down here, oxygen levels are adequate for our brains and lungs.

At much higher altitudes, our bodies cannot function properly.

But if climbers want to summit Mount Everest, the tallest peak in the world at 29,029 feet (8,848 meters or 5.5 miles) above sea level, they have to brave what's known as the "death zone."

This is the area with an altitude above 8,000 meters, where there is so little oxygen that the body starts to die, minute by minute and cell by cell.

In the death zone, climbers' brains and lungs are starved for oxygen, their risk of heart attack and stroke is increased.

Over 300 have died on the mountain, more than 50% due to lack of oxygen around the Death zone.

All the ascents to the summit of the world's tallest mountain by Ang Rita were made without bottled oxygen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Who Climbed Mount Everest 10 Times Without Bottled Air Dies In Nepal by fati2001(m): 11:11am On Sep 21, 2020
woow! rest in peace.

Re: Man Who Climbed Mount Everest 10 Times Without Bottled Air Dies In Nepal by joseph1832(m): 11:14am On Sep 21, 2020
10 times! Wow. shocked

Rest In Peace, sir.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Climbed Mount Everest 10 Times Without Bottled Air Dies In Nepal by ThreeEyedRaven: 11:23am On Sep 21, 2020
Abeg bros this Guinness world record certificate. Them dey give money or them fit use am find job?

3 Likes

Re: Man Who Climbed Mount Everest 10 Times Without Bottled Air Dies In Nepal by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 21, 2020
Brain and liver problems.... Effects of near Asphyxiation. Probably during his climbs.

Or effects of eegbow and ogogoro.

Thing be say death na death. May he rest in peace.

BTW has anyone seen Corporate suya maker our online BBQ maker.

Apc lost edo. I wan talk am something

1 Like

Re: Man Who Climbed Mount Everest 10 Times Without Bottled Air Dies In Nepal by Aboks(m): 11:26am On Sep 21, 2020
ThreeEyedRaven:
Abeg bros this Guinness world record certificate. Them dey give money or them fit use am find job?

Ask seun
Re: Man Who Climbed Mount Everest 10 Times Without Bottled Air Dies In Nepal by kasynlives: 11:38am On Sep 21, 2020
Rip sire
Re: Man Who Climbed Mount Everest 10 Times Without Bottled Air Dies In Nepal by Nmezor(f): 11:56am On Sep 21, 2020
Hmmm, rest in peace to him..wat a record he set shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Climbed Mount Everest 10 Times Without Bottled Air Dies In Nepal by tunjilomo(m): 12:02pm On Sep 21, 2020
Mannnnn. That was a crazy feat.
Re: Man Who Climbed Mount Everest 10 Times Without Bottled Air Dies In Nepal by Enudapan: 12:04pm On Sep 21, 2020
Nna eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

Rip odogwu rest well

I shall believe he climbed there with mushin weed hence needed no oxygen bag abi bottled air, he is a real legend
Re: Man Who Climbed Mount Everest 10 Times Without Bottled Air Dies In Nepal by Boyslick(m): 12:43pm On Sep 21, 2020
So he basically starved his brain of oxygen to look to suffer health problems for the rest of his life. He was a fine young man tho.
Re: Man Who Climbed Mount Everest 10 Times Without Bottled Air Dies In Nepal by Stephenmoka4(m): 12:45pm On Sep 21, 2020
What a record but, Rest to him.
Re: Man Who Climbed Mount Everest 10 Times Without Bottled Air Dies In Nepal by Flexherbal(m): 1:04pm On Sep 21, 2020
May his soul rest well!
Re: Man Who Climbed Mount Everest 10 Times Without Bottled Air Dies In Nepal by luminouz(m): 3:21pm On Sep 21, 2020
LEGEND
Re: Man Who Climbed Mount Everest 10 Times Without Bottled Air Dies In Nepal by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 21, 2020
Some people were created differently
Re: Man Who Climbed Mount Everest 10 Times Without Bottled Air Dies In Nepal by tillaman(m): 4:15pm On Sep 21, 2020
Rest in paradise man
Re: Man Who Climbed Mount Everest 10 Times Without Bottled Air Dies In Nepal by Skepticus: 4:18pm On Sep 21, 2020
His hearts and lungs need to be extracted for research. He may have heart and lungs that are naturally conditioned beyond the average human to be able to function well at such extreme conditions like alpacas and certain migratory birds in Asia that are known to fly non-stop at about 15000 feet above sea level (also over the Himalaya) from Mongolia to India and back.

Personally, I think that, since the Sherpas are predominantly Buddhists, he may have gone through extreme physical conditioning that Buddhist monks and some adherents do, to test natural limits and ascend into super physical human consciousness.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Who Climbed Mount Everest 10 Times Without Bottled Air Dies In Nepal by SirMichael1: 5:18pm On Sep 21, 2020
I remembered back then when we was little. Me and my boys used to run up and down Mt Everest. It was always a race between the five of us. That death zone in Mt Everest isn't the deadliest region, the deadliest zone is called the devil's abyss. We dubbed it that because after climbing over the death zone, there's a path that looks normal/physical and going over that path leads you to a portal, a portal into the devil's living room. Since he was always roaming the earth, he was never at home and so me and my boys go there, play video games and run back down. It was all fun and game until one of us went into his bedroom (keep resting in peace Adamu).

We had more adventures like jumping over missisipi, going fishing in the Bermuda triangle region. We were called 'The Explorers'. We even have our documentary on google and wikipedia.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Who Climbed Mount Everest 10 Times Without Bottled Air Dies In Nepal by calculator123(m): 9:33pm On Sep 21, 2020
Man died a legend. How many people can boost of even climbing Everest once?
Re: Man Who Climbed Mount Everest 10 Times Without Bottled Air Dies In Nepal by Kusheer(m): 2:57am On Sep 22, 2020
That’s a shit men

1 Like

Re: Man Who Climbed Mount Everest 10 Times Without Bottled Air Dies In Nepal by Juliusmomoh: 3:16am On Sep 22, 2020
What i intend doing den..
Re: Man Who Climbed Mount Everest 10 Times Without Bottled Air Dies In Nepal by Samfloxin(m): 5:30am On Sep 22, 2020
Indeed, some people are not ordinary human being.
Re: Man Who Climbed Mount Everest 10 Times Without Bottled Air Dies In Nepal by dfrost: 7:56pm On Sep 30, 2020
The Sherpas have really acclimatized to that weather condition. Little wonder.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Climbed Mount Everest 10 Times Without Bottled Air Dies In Nepal by Ishilove: 8:29pm On Sep 30, 2020
Wow. Amazing!!
Re: Man Who Climbed Mount Everest 10 Times Without Bottled Air Dies In Nepal by iamyemiakins(m): 8:58pm On Sep 30, 2020
SirMichael1:
I remembered back then when we was little. Me and my boys used to run up and down Mt Everest. It was always a race between the five of us. That death zone in Mt Everest isn't the deadliest region, the deadliest zone is called the devil's abyss. We dubbed it that because after climbing over the death zone, there's a path that looks normal/physical and going over that path leads you to a portal, a portal into the devil's living room. Since he was always roaming the earth, he was never at home and so me and my boys go there, play video games and run back down. It was all fun and game until one of us went into his bedroom (keep resting in peace Adamu).

We had more adventures like jumping over missisipi, going fishing in the Bermuda triangle region. We were called 'The Explorers'. We even have our documentary on google and wikipedia.

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Climbed Mount Everest 10 Times Without Bottled Air Dies In Nepal by JakariZaka: 1:19pm On Oct 26, 2023
The tallest mountain in the United States is Denali, formerly known as Mount McKinley. Denali is located in the Alaska Range in the state of Alaska and stands at an elevation of 20,310 feet (6,194 meters) above sea level. It is the highest peak in North America and one of the Seven Summits, which consists of the tallest mountain in us on each of the seven continents. Denali is a popular destination for mountaineers and outdoor enthusiasts, known for its challenging and unpredictable weather conditions.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Prepare For My Germany Visa Appointment? / Please, Help Me I'm Tired Of Nigeria / Uk Settlement Visa Questions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.