Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach (55610 Views)

Husband surprises wife with a brand new Mercedes-Benz after twin delivery (Vid) / How Gtbank's Segun Agbaje Plotted His Trajectory From Bank MD To Group CEO / Obi Cubana Buys 2022 Mercedes Benz Maybach S580 Guard 4matic Bulletproof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach by TK9680: 2:34pm On Sep 21, 2020
Extremely unprofessional reporting. The managing director of the Nigeria's most profitable bank buys a luxurious car and this is news?
Re: GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach by mattmogan88: 2:35pm On Sep 21, 2020
SHAKING MY HEAD
Re: GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach by bolousadex: 2:35pm On Sep 21, 2020
he's the MD of GTB....banks MDs are the richest Nigerians
Re: GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach by bolousadex: 2:36pm On Sep 21, 2020
TK9680:
Extremely unprofessional reporting. The managing director of the Nigeria's most profitable bank buys a luxurious car and this is news?
Zenith is Nigeria most profitable followed by GTB. even Unity bank MD can afford this car
Re: GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach by cooltola(m): 2:47pm On Sep 21, 2020
Welcome to banking world or capitalist where the CEO makes millions of dollars a year and the regular staffs make peanuts. While most Gt bankers earned between than N50000-200000 a month, Segun Agbaje makes up to $200000 or more a month as the CEO of GT Bank. The bank makes money from interest from loan, money from currency exchange rate, ATM charge, undisclosed fees, seized properties, siphoned money, frozen accounts and so on. To the youths of the Nigerian, be a CEO because oga of the top must chop first.
Re: GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach by ostechno(m): 3:04pm On Sep 21, 2020
This man does legitimate work to buy the car, infact, the car isn't upto the price stated here
Re: GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach by bammydhele(m): 3:20pm On Sep 21, 2020
O ga oooo; some dey suffer while some are just on d gold side
Re: GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach by Lemmy123(m): 3:45pm On Sep 21, 2020
Righteousness89:
The Writer said they come with "Vanity Plate Numbers"
It's Great to see that the World knows all these are Vanity..
Riches, Wealth and all that is not a Sin if Gotten through GENUIE Means
Infact they could make Life here fun and Splendid.
What is Most Important is the Salvation of your Soul..

No Matter the Latest Ferrari, Buggati or Mercedes that you Own or drive.
No Matter the Amount of Cash Accessible to you..
No Matter the Connect that you Can pull.

If you Depart without JESUS , it's A Waste of Existence!

Treat these things with Light Hands..
They Have no Eternal Relevance..
They are Deceivers! Don't let them Deceive you
You're beginning to sound stupid with this preaching of yours on every thread... What's wrong with you, does that mean you have finally embraced poverty?? If so I wish you well... Else, come of the stupidity!
Re: GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach by Solsix(m): 3:59pm On Sep 21, 2020
scribble:
baddest MD

Thats 10 times the average salary of a gtbank employee
Which ten times. Most contract staff earn 50k, now do the maths
Re: GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach by lexy2014: 4:21pm On Sep 21, 2020
bolousadex:
he's the MD of GTB....banks MDs are the richest Nigerians

Are u sure u read d story?
Re: GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach by lexy2014: 4:22pm On Sep 21, 2020
ostechno:
This man does legitimate work to buy the car, infact, the car isn't upto the price stated here
Did d article say d man doesn't do legitimate work?
Re: GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach by dalass(f): 4:23pm On Sep 21, 2020
michlins:
It's not his fault that there's economic downturn. Shift your blame to appropriate quarters.

See others machines around the car

Its still GTbank customers' money he used! When the bank collapses now, govt will buy the bad debt, still give other banks that will still use other people's money to take care of such mismanagements..

You people are not serious about what happens to our money, economy etc... The government and companies rules seems to be made for only the poor undecided
Re: GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach by lexy2014: 4:23pm On Sep 21, 2020
TK9680:

How's it unprofessional reporting? Did u actually read d story?
Re: GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach by lexy2014: 4:26pm On Sep 21, 2020
dalass:

Its still GTbank customers' money he used! When the bank collapses now, govt will buy the bad debt, still give other banks that will still use other people's money to take care of such mismanagements..

You people are not serious about what happens to our money, economy etc... The government and companies rules seems to be made for only the poor undecided

Tnx alot for your comment. Its not rocket science but Am amazed at d kind of hurried responses many folks made. It seems they didn't even read d article before running to their keypads to type. D last sentence in d article was very apt about d mindset of d average Nigerian. We can see it here on nairaland

1 Like

Re: GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach by ostechno(m): 4:51pm On Sep 21, 2020
lexy2014:

Did d article say d man doesn't do legitimate work?
Then what's the purpose of the thread, he bought a car and some are complaining about what is currently happening where he works, if he buys a car worth A billion naira, it's no body's concern, we have the real criminals in our government not doing anything about the SARS killing and every other things happening in the country, abeg make we leave the man alone jare
Re: GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach by lexy2014: 5:03pm On Sep 21, 2020
ostechno:

Then what's the purpose of the thread, he bought a car and some are complaining about what is currently happening where he works, if he buys a car worth A billion naira, it's no body's concern, we have the real criminals in our government not doing anything about the SARS killing and every other things happening in the country, abeg make we leave the man alone jare

That doesn't answer my question:

Did d article say d man doesn't do legitimate work? Yes or no
Re: GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach by biggy26: 5:24pm On Sep 21, 2020
Kekereekun123:
A very dumb article.
I went to the bank and they told me trash about fx. This is annoying! I wanted to call them out on Twitter, didn't know this article will be written. You can't even withdraw the smallest unit. Even abokis are complaining it's only gtbank. Stupid bank!!
Re: GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach by calebadeosun: 5:39pm On Sep 21, 2020
This is peanut now compare to what he earns as bonus on a quarterly basis.....he has earn it jare
Re: GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach by successtutor(m): 5:43pm On Sep 21, 2020
God no go shame us. Good machine . 4.0 Turbo.
Re: GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach by flowjoe: 6:17pm On Sep 21, 2020
ican2020:
That is the disadvantage of buying bank shares.

Banks' managements all over the old world, pays peanut as dividends to share holders, while the banks' CEO's feed fat on share holders and depositors monies.

Next time when looking for company to invest in, look for manufacturing companies, or invest in IT sectors and stay clear from bank's shares
What kinda companies do u think are worth the while
Re: GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach by fubsy: 6:30pm On Sep 21, 2020
Why can't we patronize Made in Nigeria vehicles? Must we consistently send out cash to other countries all in the name of acting big? Why can't companies buy Made in Nigerian cars for their employees? I don't commend Nigerians that spend this stupendous amount of money on foreign products that are readily available in Nigeria. So, pardon me. I did not bother to read the story.
Re: GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach by haryomikun(m): 6:47pm On Sep 21, 2020
ican2020:
That is the disadvantage of buying bank shares.

Banks' managements all over the old world, pays peanut as dividends to share holders, while the banks' CEO's feed fat on share holders and depositors monies.

Next time when looking for company to invest in, look for manufacturing companies, or invest in IT sectors and stay clear from bank's shares
Lol. Last year, banks offered the best Earnings Per Share in the Nigerian Stock Exchange
Re: GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach by rotile247(m): 8:44pm On Sep 21, 2020
I'm a customer there and I understand that the restriction s on using naira card to do dollar shopping online is from CBN and affects all banks. If you source your dollars from aboki and fund your dollar card, you can spend whatever you can.

The man can afford times 10 of that even before becoming Gtbank MD from his personal finances so there is no issues here. We should hold our politicians and those in public offices who steal, squander and keep spaundering our national resources with continued impunity.
Re: GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach by deenee: 8:50pm On Sep 21, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

between Segun Agbaje and buhari is very hard to pick who is worst

Mr agbaje (Mr la cost cutter) fired nearly 70 percent of Gtbank staff in a fake policy of cutting cost

nearly brought a great bank to its knee . the innoson fiasco come to mind

the man have zero knowledge of banking

Kpele Mr expert banker.

Mr Agbaje is one of the founding members of GTB, has been an ED since early 2000s, to DMD and then MD. His ten year tenor as MD is ending by FY 2020.

He has worked to deliver fantastic returns to shareholders along side Fola and the late Uncle T. GTB shares has given 3500% returns (in capital appreciation, bonus shares and dividend payouts) since their first IPO.

The first duty of obligation of the MD and board of any publicly quoted or privately held company is creation of wealth for shareholders. They owe no duty of obligation to you other than the monthly wage you are paid in exchange for services you render as an employee.

The moment you feel the employer-employee contract is no longer in your favour, you are at liberty to leave. On the flipside too, the employer can terminate the contract as business evolves and in response to business externalities.

The business of banking has evolved through the years. For e.g, I can't remember the last time I walked into a branch to process any transaction. I do everything online now (ATM, POS, Mobile App, USSD etc). With this paradigm shift will come changes to business operations and cost optimization ( though a tough route to take) is one of them.

Why not go and apply for license to run your own bank instead of trying to belittle the efforts of others?
Re: GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach by ubcandid(m): 12:19am On Sep 22, 2020
cooltola:
Welcome to banking world or capitalist where the CEO makes millions of dollars a year and the regular staffs make peanuts. While most Gt bankers earned between than N50000-200000 a month, Segun Agbaje makes up to $200000 or more a month as the CEO of GT Bank. The bank makes money from interest from loan, money from currency exchange rate, ATM charge, undisclosed fees, seized properties, siphoned money, frozen accounts and so on. To the youths of the Nigerian, be a CEO because oga of the top must chop first.

Ddid you type 50,000 naira there ? you can't be serious man. for graduates?
Re: GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach by ostechno(m): 1:41am On Sep 22, 2020
lexy2014:

That doesn't answer my question:

Did d article say d man doesn't do legitimate work? Yes or no
Baba no vex me oo
I'm just trying to tell them that they should shift their focus to the right place and leave the man doing legitimate job, so baba go sleep, I no fit talk too much
Enugbe
Re: GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach by earnit3: 2:00am On Sep 22, 2020
My sms charges
Re: GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach by shereef19: 2:11am On Sep 22, 2020
Poverty is not only running in naijans pocket but dia brain double ur hustle if u wanna b like him
Re: GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach by lexy2014: 6:31am On Sep 22, 2020
ostechno:
Baba no vex me oo
I'm just trying to tell them that they should shift their focus to the right place and leave the man doing legitimate job, so baba go sleep, I no fit talk too much
Enugbe

Did d article say d man doesn't do legitimate work? Simple Yes or no
Re: GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach by lexy2014: 6:51am On Sep 22, 2020
rotile247:
I'm a customer there and I understand that the restriction s on using naira card to do dollar shopping online is from CBN and affects all banks. If you source your dollars from aboki and fund your dollar card, you can spend whatever you can.

The man can afford times 10 of that even before becoming Gtbank MD from his personal finances so there is no issues here. We should hold our politicians and those in public offices who steal, squander and keep spaundering our national resources with continued impunity.

Did d article say anything about d guy not being able to afford d vehicle?
Re: GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach by lexy2014: 6:54am On Sep 22, 2020
ostechno:

What have all these things u typed got to do with d article?
Re: GTBank’s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach by abiodunnoni(m): 9:32pm On Sep 22, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Start Profitable Okrika Business In Nigeria: All You Need To Know. / Orange Seller Who Offers POS Option Spotted At Dugbe Market, Ibadan / Theobarth Grant Disbursment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.