Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) (16030 Views)

Anambra State University Exam Questions For Final Year Students / How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student / Two Final Year Students Of UNIABUJA Got Engaged At A Departmental Dinner ( PHOTO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by dare2think: 2:53pm On May 12, 2011
sophy09:

What is Nigeria turning into? Final year student serving punishment because of what? Sooner or later when you resume late to work, your boss will tell you to kneel.

And as for those are in support, it is pity that you have been brainwashed. I am sure you do not have a mind of your own and it is people like you who make Nigerian backward. You follow rules and when those who try to break out of the norm do so, you called them bad and evil people. I pity you and your kids.

I concur.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Kaiser5000: 2:56pm On May 12, 2011
I cannot speak to the authenticity of the picture but i think i can speak to some of the reactions that i have read here.
Someone said that they were not forced to go there so they have to accept the rules of the university which may include humiliating adults who are supposed to be independent at this point! What sort of rules are those? These are the same people that will think it's ok for law enforcement officers to use horse whip on people because they may have committed a crime.
Based on this reasoning would it be ok for an employer to use the same sort of punishment on employees just because the made it known to you before they hired you? This is ridiculous people! We can not keep coming up with excuses when we know something is wrong, we have to change this mentality.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Dorisdey1: 3:07pm On May 12, 2011
This is christian version of Almajiris in the making.I hope they will be ripe before the next Killings in the North to confront their Muslim counterparts!
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by tommi34475: 3:46pm On May 12, 2011
somebody puts a picture up with an unverified claim and we all start reacting! how reactionary
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by dare2think: 3:50pm On May 12, 2011
tommi34475:

somebody puts a picture up with an unverified claim and we all start reacting! how reactionary

It's part of human nature.

Are you not reacting to our reactions?? smiley
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by olumyde5(m): 3:51pm On May 12, 2011
Donlittle:

I THEY LAUGH, SO TAIL I LUGH AGAIN, KAN LAUGH, LAUGH AGAIN, INFACT I DON LAUGH FINISH, I THEY GO! OOK MAKE I LAUGH FOR THE LAST TIME,  grin  grin  grin  grin grin  grin  grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by DBestDoc(f): 4:05pm On May 12, 2011
I noticed dat most of d female students are covering their hair with scarves.Is dat supposed 2 be a dress code or something? Dont really understand shocked shocked
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by teskyg: 4:10pm On May 12, 2011
@larrylyrics,The effect of the punishment you served is still wearing on you.Visit a night club in Lagos and Environ and you will be alarmed at the number of students from Private Universities embraced in the wildest ecstasy you could ever imagine.I an aware of my colleagues in the bank who had pleaded with me several times to accompany them to some of the Private Universities outside Lagos.

Stop preaching your gospel of holier than thou.Most of the Private Universities are annex of Secondary schools where babies like you still wear diappers.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 12, 2011
reading the posts and seeing the pictures i just dey laugh die
these students should be at lest 17yrs each.howq many of them will kneel down for their parents at home.at that age you are still being treated like a child and we wonder why many Nigerian Youths still claim to be youths at 40
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by darqly(m): 4:34pm On May 12, 2011
Why are we acting all shocked and outraged? It's an institution guided by rules and regulations as is customary. They went against a law and are being punished- should it be any different just because it's a private Uni? And by the way, did ANY of the students go to court? A little humility, though enforced, never killed anyone. If it'll make them better individuals, let them kneel all day by all means. If you can't abide by the rules in school, how do you play by the book at work and other life instances? Some of the graduates we see today are just a disgrace to themselves and the society at large; ill-mannered and morally deficient.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by hustla(m): 4:38pm On May 12, 2011
e don happen befre for covenant uni too, im a student there,
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by bidemi12(m): 4:52pm On May 12, 2011
darqly:

Why are we acting all shocked and outraged? It's an institution guided by rules and regulations as is customary. They went against a law and are being punished- should it be any different just because it's a private Uni? And by the way, did ANY of the students go to court? A little humility, though enforced, never killed anyone. If it'll make them better individuals, let them kneel all day by all means. If you can't abide by the rules in school, how do you play by the book at work and other life instances? Some of the graduates we see today are just a disgrace to themselves and the society at large; ill-mannered and morally deficient.

you are a complete Mooorrrroooonnnnn!!!
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by kunlej2: 5:10pm On May 12, 2011
it is unfortunate some people post are expression of an idiot.
i was ask to frog jump twice at nysc camp (graduate), so what is the big deal?
they may receive better punishment in the camp
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by dani1luv: 5:13pm On May 12, 2011
Holy Gabriel cheesy  . .This is nonsense angry
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by tayoast(m): 5:16pm On May 12, 2011
kunle_j:

it is unfortunate some people post are expression of an .
i was ask to frog jump twice at nysc camp (graduate), so what is the big deal?
they may receive better punishment in the camp

only frog jump? Some were asked to roll on the muddy floor as punishment

bidemi12:

It was just an opinion. I wonder who the slowpoke is here.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by atamboy(m): 5:57pm On May 12, 2011
Whilst I agree that the Uni has a 'right' to put into effect the terms and conditions that the customers (in this case, the students) signed. Is it fair to all involved? Is is good for the reputation of their institution? Humiliating another person is seemingly easy, but the harm is invisible: they are going to turn out very bitter graduates. Lastly, victims tend to become even bigger abusers! Shi ke na
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by hardbody: 6:26pm On May 12, 2011
I dont really know what to think about the pics and some of the comments. Suffice it to say i attended a public Uni, and from day one, it is clear in your head that you are accountable to you and yourself alone. You dont have to attend classes, infact to the extent that you can stay in school without registration, you could even do that PROVIDED HOWEVER that if you ever fail 3 out of 5 courses (that much in my faculty), you will be asked to immediately withdraw in your best interest. I recall coming straight from gyrations and night activities straight into class and once or twice straight into exams.

Having said that, i make bold to say that any Uni that has chosen to degrade adults in this wise is nothing but a secondary institution. undergrads are adults who are supposedly being helped to mould themselves in character and learning (generally age of admission is 18). No one has a right whatsoever to ask them to kneel down just because they refuse to do somethings that are religiously connected, or anything at all. Again, its their fault, if the students study hard and make at least 290 in Jamb and move into Federal Uni (or even state Uni), no Bow-Leg Uni (wherever that is) will have the audacity to ask them to kneel down. And by the way whatever happened to ALUTA. In my days, teh lecturers will be scampering for safety for daring to dream up this madness at all.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by unphilaz(m): 6:43pm On May 12, 2011
thank God i no get money to go this kind school sef,
this false education in the name of Christ
if na me, i go disown the school and rewrite JAMB or find a pre-nd in the poly
rubbish
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by tonya3(m): 7:04pm On May 12, 2011
These guys must have agreed to be in the chapel. nobody force them to be a xtian. You guys should just keep quiet.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 12, 2011
@ larrylyric are u trying to tell us that you wouldn't have turned out good if you hadn't been treated like a "baby" in the university?
Please let's be real here, university education if actually the time you have to discover yourself, time to think act and make decisions on your own, how then do u get to do all these with the authority ever being on ur case? Well as long as the students/their families are okay with it no qualms.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 12, 2011
who cares, these private universities are glorified secondary schools anyway. If there JAMB scores were good enough, they would be in OAU, UI, Lag, ABU, FUTA e.t.c
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Sweetdbest: 7:35pm On May 12, 2011
THIS STORY CANNOT BE TRUE. UNIVERSITY? NOT THIS GENERATION.IF TRUE, THEN THEY ALL SHOULD BE PUT UNDER THE BED
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by darqly(m): 8:02pm On May 12, 2011
bidemi12:

Grow up son- Bootcamp doesn't turn ones' brain into mish-mash, But then rank and file will ALWAYS be rank and file!
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Mariory(m): 8:16pm On May 12, 2011
darqly:

I think we have failed to observe the picture very well. The boys are crouching while the girls are kneeling down. Infact one girl is sitting down while some boys are also standing.

I noticed that too. However, as you can see nobody cares about the actual picture. I willing to bet there a quite a number on this thread who didn't even look at the picture. This thread is a good study and validates the Power of Suggestion.

You can be sure that a different thread title would have brought about a different general reaction. grin
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Danni2: 8:19pm On May 12, 2011
Check the pic well, some are just sitting down while others are standing. Verdict? Its not true that they are serving punishment cos it is not possible.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by matrixme(m): 9:01pm On May 12, 2011
When people out there in the developed world are already canvassing for animal rights, some moralist in there is painting his concept of mona lisa. It's shameful indeed!
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by vislabraye(m): 9:24pm On May 12, 2011
Punishing final years students by kneeling down is humiliation. They are supposed to be adults and should be treated that way. What if some one in his late thirties or forties attends that school, is that the way they would treat him? I say nonsense. Do they even have masters program and is this the same way they would treat them?

Some of these private schools are missing the point. When a student is so controlled, he/she becomes worse of when released into the society.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 12, 2011
akolawole,pls a person who is in his twenties is no longer a kid.afterall prince williams is just married at age 28.it is expected tht ppl who attend universities are fully grown adults except if u say its teenagers who attend these private univs
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by k9ine(m): 9:54pm On May 12, 2011
Kai! Ask me 2 kneel down. Tufia!
Dis one na glorified secondary school.
When I was in school, a lecturer slapped a student. D guy gave him a HOTTER slap back. When case reached sch. mgnt they blamed d lecturer. Se ki na
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by netghost: 10:55pm On May 12, 2011
blah blah blah
a slowpoke just felt like starting a post
i think its kind of obvious that all the girls have their hair covered and the other guys standing are students as well, its probably a prayer session
lets stop making noise over rubbish
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by jjjkkkooo: 11:01pm On May 12, 2011
i also knelt down at 400L in FUT AKURE under Dr. Oni its not new.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by sammieone(m): 11:18pm On May 12, 2011
Over discipline in action. How many lecturers are punish that way. Leadership problem !!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos To Give 10,000 Radio Sets To Pupils For Homeschooling / University Of Lagos Distance Learning Admission Requirments / Boubini Miyensinte Jones-Wonni: 22-Year-Old Nigerian Emerge Best At Howard Uni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.