Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,290 members, 7,822,439 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

NSIBIDI: Why Igbos Should Respect Their Neighbors - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / NSIBIDI: Why Igbos Should Respect Their Neighbors (1468 Views)

How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? / Why Do Women Respect Their Pastors More Than Their Husbands? / 2 Siblings Accused Of Witchcraft By Their Mum, Attacked By Neighbors In AkwaIbom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NSIBIDI: Why Igbos Should Respect Their Neighbors by donnie(m): 2:05pm On Jun 27, 2021
It's not the first time I've found Igbos trying to take credit for the invention of Nsibidi writing script. However this one is the most annoying so far. The poster claimed that the script was used by indigenous Igbos in Cross River who used it in communicating with monkeys.

The poster made an obvious attempt at taking away all credit from the Ejagham people, who have been known globally as the inventors of the script. He even ignored the accounts of renowned Igbos like Chinua Achebe and even Nnamdi Kanu who agree with reference to Ejagham as origin, and rather chose the account or a biased white man (J. K. Macgregor) who gave the credit of Nsibidi invention to baboons.

In my opinion, the Nsibidi script is one of the strongest evidences of the Sumerian civilization which exited in and dominated West Africa.

See post and reaction from another YouTuber below.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NSIBIDI: Why Igbos Should Respect Their Neighbors by after4: 2:16pm On Jun 27, 2021
The earlier una realize sey Igbos no really care whether unah dey exist the better for all you anti Igbo propagandist
Re: NSIBIDI: Why Igbos Should Respect Their Neighbors by richeeyo(m): 2:18pm On Jun 27, 2021
If we push dem from yoruba land, it's finished for them
Re: NSIBIDI: Why Igbos Should Respect Their Neighbors by donnie(m): 2:21pm On Jun 27, 2021
Nsibidi writing script

2 Shares

Re: NSIBIDI: Why Igbos Should Respect Their Neighbors by donnie(m): 2:22pm On Jun 27, 2021
after4:
The earlier una realize sey Igbos no really care whether unah dey exist the better for all you anti Igbo propagandist

Well, I love them
Re: NSIBIDI: Why Igbos Should Respect Their Neighbors by donnie(m): 2:22pm On Jun 27, 2021
richeeyo:
If we push dem from yoruba land, it's finished for them

Yourubas won't do that. They now have a lasting friendship and alliance.
Re: NSIBIDI: Why Igbos Should Respect Their Neighbors by victoryukpong(m): 2:46pm On Jun 27, 2021
cheesy grin forget about what people are saying about the Nsibidi language

from my own research the annang are the real originator of the language because the people where the language was founded and still partially had records of it (Arochukwu Kingdom) mostly speak the Efik language more than the Igbo language there

i won't want to elaborate more because the story is my future trade transaction for movie producers
Re: NSIBIDI: Why Igbos Should Respect Their Neighbors by donnie(m): 3:18pm On Jun 27, 2021
victoryukpong:

from my own research the annang are the real originator of the language because the people where the language was founded and still partially had records of it (Arochukwu Kingdom) mostly speak the Efik language more than the Igbo language there

i won't want to elaborate more because the story is my future trade transaction for movie producers

grin
Mgbe was in Ejagham Cameroon before it ever got to Arochukwu. It is an Ejagham thing. The largest Nsibidi artifacts were found in Ejagham land, including monoliths. Ejagham sold Mgbe (Ekpe) to Efiks, Ibibios and Igbos. But the Efiks popularized it due to Ekpe's role in trade with Europeans and law enforcement in the Calabar region. Igbos also contributed to it's popularity, making fabrics and other items with Nsibidi writing.

Many abroad refer to it as an Igbo writing but it's origin is Ejagham. And the Ejagam still retain aspects of mgbe which they didnt share. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NSIBIDI: Why Igbos Should Respect Their Neighbors by victoryukpong(m): 3:25pm On Jun 27, 2021
donnie:

grin
It is an Ejagham thing. The largest Nsibidi artifacts were found in Ejagham land, including monoliths. Ejagham sold Mgbe (Ekpe) to Efiks, Ibibios and Igbos. But the Efiks popularized it due to Ekpe's role in trade with Europeans and law enforcement in the Calabar region. Igbos also contributed to it's popularity, making fabrics and other items with Nsibidi writing.

Many abroad refer to it as an Igbo writing but it's origin is Ejagham. And the Ejagam still retain aspects of mgbe which they didnt share. cheesy

actually the Ibibios and Annang or Efiks aren't originally native of this West African region, they migrated

they also have several variations of masquerades

the trade stuff wasn't there actually, our presence in West Africa was first at the Arochukwu Kingdom where they first settled before looking into riverine region, there they created the kalabari kingdom

i don't know where you get your Ejaghram stories but everybody knows that the Efiks migrated that is why MNK called us Jews but we're a tribe that migrated some 4 to 6k years into the West coast of Africa

that's kai you dey exposed my secret story bia, nwokem
Re: NSIBIDI: Why Igbos Should Respect Their Neighbors by donnie(m): 3:51pm On Jun 27, 2021
victoryukpong:

actually the Ibibios and Annang or Efiks aren't originally native of this West African region, they migrated.

Not just them. many other Bantus of the southern Kingdom of Judah also migrated in same manner to West Africa.

they also have several variations of masquerades

the trade stuff wasn't there actually, our presence in West Africa was first at the Arochukwu Kingdom where they first settled before looking into riverine region, there they created the kalabari kingdom
Everyone in the region didn't come from the Arochukwu kingdom. That's for Igbos and some Efiks and Ibibios. Others migrated through Cameroon e g. Ejagham and some Anang, Ibibios and Efiks. Ejaghams were also part of the Aro Confederacy but they didn't settle there like other Ibibios or Efiks. Ejagham were in their own land and as such were close neighbors. Igbos even requested help from Ejagham to fight Ibibios away from Arochukwu.

i don't know where you get your Ejaghram stories but everybody knows that the Efiks migrated that is why MNK called us Jews but we're a tribe that migrated some 4 to 6k years into the West coast of Africa

that's kai you dey exposed my secret story bia, nwokem
The Ejagham story is well known... Just a little research will reveal a lot. And I knew most of the tribes of southern Nigeria (including Yorubas, Tivs, Ejagham etc.) are biblical Isrealites before I ever heard MNK say so. Efiks and Ibibios migrated through Arochukwu, but NOT Ejagham who trace theirs from Cameroon, with some migrating South to Calabar (quas) and others North to Ikom and Ogoja.

Also, I don't agree with MNK and many Igbos that we are related to those whites claiming Jew in that 1948 fake ISRAEL. I'll advice you to research Donnie first before you engage me in an argument about Jews.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NSIBIDI: Why Igbos Should Respect Their Neighbors by bobestman(m): 4:18pm On Jun 27, 2021
Have told you that Igbo is not limited to the South East alone. What you call Bantus today is what they call Igbos in ancient times. It was once the general name for all black Mmanu. The first Mmanu was Igbo and it all began in SE. You all were all over the South and some North and all have something they are good in. All your languages are all Olu Igbo. You all today speak different version of Igbo(you will call it Bantu). Know one is stealing anything. That is how you all were before.

Another group of Igbos said the Nsibidi was given to the Igbos by the 4 Archangels and that was why the 4 market days in Igbo land is similar to their names
Micheal- Mekel- Ekelu- Eke
Uriel-Orie-elu- Orie
Raphael- Aforelu- Afor
Gabriel -Ngorbirielu- Gobriel- Nkwo/Ngo
They are very close if you look well. And their is a true story about it

All Hi-stories and research works only have 20% truth. A teacher will come first to correct all these things and all must listen to him.
We are all Igbos before we became whatever today. This is not pride or bragging. It was once so. The person who wrote that thing is confused.
Re: NSIBIDI: Why Igbos Should Respect Their Neighbors by richeeyo(m): 4:56pm On Jun 27, 2021
donnie:

Yourubas won't do that. They now have a lasting friendship and alliance.
Definitely

1 Like

Re: NSIBIDI: Why Igbos Should Respect Their Neighbors by Zaheertyler(m): 5:46pm On Jun 27, 2021
Lol

1 Like

Re: NSIBIDI: Why Igbos Should Respect Their Neighbors by donnie(m): 5:51pm On Jun 27, 2021
bobestman:
Have told you that Igbo is not limited to the South East alone. What you call Bantus today is what they call Igbos in ancient times. It was once the general name for all black Mmanu. The first Mmanu was Igbo and it all began in SE. You all were all over the South and some North and all have something they are good in. All your languages are all Olu Igbo. You all today speak different version of Igbo(you will call it Bantu). Know one is stealing anything. That is how you all were before.

Another group of Igbos said the Nsibidi was given to the Igbos by the 4 Archangels and that was why the 4 market days in Igbo land is similar to their names
Micheal- Mekel- Ekelu- Eke
Uriel-Orie-elu- Orie
Raphael- Aforelu- Afor
Gabriel -Ngorbirielu- Gobriel- Nkwo/Ngo
They are very close if you look well. And their is a true story about it

All Hi-stories and research works only have 20% truth. A teacher will come first to correct all these things and all must listen to him.
We are all Igbos before we became whatever today. This is not pride or bragging. It was once so. The person who wrote that thing is confused.

I hope you don't get offended when Benin says you are all Binis since you once lived with them. Or if Yorubas say you are all Yorubas since you migrated with them.

Those of the ancient kingdom of KONGO can even say you are all KONGOs which will even make a lot of sense as there are maps which suggest that all of the land of Israel was called KONGO and bordered by a mountain range called the Mountains of KONG. In the maps below, just above the pink lining, you will see written, Mountague di Kong referring to Mountains of KONG.
KONGO=Congregate=Kingdom=United etc. Many bantus refer to the archangel that led their ancestors to their kingdom as KONGO.

The point is, right from bible days, the Most High gave each of the sons of Yakubi/Jacob their distinct identity even though the had similar culture, laws etc. They had different totems. Eg. Lion for Juda, Serpent for Dan, Donkey for Issachar etc. They even spoke different languages with different intonations.
donnie:
Someone shared this with me about Yorubas (of the tribe of Ephraim) and their H-factor. cheesy

4 Jephthah then called together the men of Gilead and fought against Ephraim. The Gileadites struck them down because the Ephraimites had said, “You Gileadites are renegades from Ephraim and Manasseh.”
5 The Gileadites captured the fords of the Jordan leading to Ephraim, and whenever a survivor of Ephraim said, “Let me cross over,” the men of Gilead asked him, “Are you an Ephraimite?” If he replied, “No,”
6 they said, “All right, say ‘Shibboleth.’” If he said, “Sibboleth,” because he could not pronounce the word correctly, they seized him and killed him at the fords of the Jordan.
Forty-two thousand Ephraimites were killed at that time. (Judges 12: 4-6)

Even if the origin of man is in Igbo land, it doesn't automatically mean that the occupants were the Igbo speaking people we have there today. Because before ever the nation of Isaële/Jacob was born, there were people living on the continent. If you say the Igbo language is much older than what we call Bantu languages, I can say, so is Yoruba... afterall, both languages have many similarities. There are many English, Latin and Greek words that were borrowed from Yoruba and other Bantu languages.

1 Share

Re: NSIBIDI: Why Igbos Should Respect Their Neighbors by donnie(m): 5:57pm On Jun 27, 2021
Zaheertyler:
Lol
The igbos are the aboriginals
And to the guy who made mention that of Bantu
You should try knowing the meaning of Bantu IN igbo
And the meaning of Oweri in igbo but slavery and inferiority complex won’t let you guys know the truth

Hmm...

[img]https://media1./images/81fa692be6af161cfc9ef9ebeb9af0ad/tenor.gif?itemid=4544077[/img]
Re: NSIBIDI: Why Igbos Should Respect Their Neighbors by obiekunie01: 6:13pm On Jun 27, 2021
donnie:
Nsibidi writing script

your opening post made you sound like an angry thug despite knowing that the person you quoted in your post was ill-informed - i then decided to just ignore your post - but on further reading your comments, i realized you are a versed person. pls do try your best not to appear like a thug when you have important issues such as this to discuss.

Nevertheless, am really learning huge from your assertions. Topics like these are the kind of issues our scientists - especially our archeologists and archaeolexicologists will have enough time to work on whn we have our Biafra.

Ordinary history is banned on this godforsaken contraption so how will people get to know were they are coming from.

Anyways, keep it up.
Re: NSIBIDI: Why Igbos Should Respect Their Neighbors by Zaheertyler(m): 6:21pm On Jun 27, 2021
Re: NSIBIDI: Why Igbos Should Respect Their Neighbors by bobestman(m): 6:32pm On Jun 27, 2021
donnie:

I hope you don't get offended when Benin says you are all Binis since you once lived with them. Or if Yorubas say you are all Yorubas since you migrated with them.

Those of the ancient kingdom of KONGO can even say you are all KONGOs which will even make a lot of sense as there are maps which suggest that all of the land of Israel was called KONGO and bordered by a mountain range called the Mountains of KONG. In the maps below, just above the pink lining, you will see written, Mountague di Kong referring to Mountains of KONG.
KONGO=Congregate=Kingdom=United etc. Many bantus refer to the archangel that led their ancestors to their kingdom as KONGO.

The point is, right from bible days, the Most High gave each of the sons of Yakubi/Jacob their distinct identity even though the had similar culture, laws etc. They had different totems. Eg. Lion for Juda, Serpent for Dan, Donkey for Issachar etc. They even spoke different languages with different intonations.

Even if the origin of man is in Igbo land, it doesn't automatically mean that the occupants were the Igbo speaking people we have there today. Because before ever the nation of Isaële/Jacob was born, there were people living on the continent. If you say the Igbo language is much older than what we call Bantu languages, I can say, so is Yoruba... afterall, both languages have many similarities. There are many English, Latin and Greek words that were borrowed from Yoruba and other Bantu languages.

You still don't understand. You all were one and together before just like in Babel before the divisions. You see Igbos as the only ppl in SE but I tell you all black Mmanu all over the world are. This is not time to feel for people. Whether you tell the truth or not, it will soon be glaring. And what you see as Biafra is actually Igbo Nation for all.
Re: NSIBIDI: Why Igbos Should Respect Their Neighbors by donnie(m): 6:46pm On Jun 27, 2021
bobestman:

You still don't understand. You all were one and together before just like in Babel before the divisions. You see Igbos as the only ppl in SE but I tell you all black Mmanu all over the world are. This is not time to feel for people. Whether you tell the truth or not, it will soon be glaring. And what you see as Biafra is actually Igbo Nation for all.

I understand the similar origin you speak of. But why can't you do without the name Igbo? What will happen to you if you don't call yourself Igbo? Ok, now imagine how others feel when pressured to forsake their unique identities, names etc and settle with Igbo.
Re: NSIBIDI: Why Igbos Should Respect Their Neighbors by bobestman(m): 7:09pm On Jun 27, 2021
You are trying with the history but I tell you that they are just 20% truth. The true stories are not written in book of history. The power that be turned everything upside down. Have told you that there are ppl who will correct all these and unite you all. When Igbos fell into Amnesia, some of them went out and start calling themselves Bantus. Bantu is an Igbo word. Same with every language on earth today.
Baa - follow
Ntu - the law
Follow the law. What you call as the ppl of the book today

When the Igbos fell those ppl went out and continue as the ppl of the book. They too are Igbos.
Am not telling you many things cos you believe so much in your histories. The rightful descendants of Aaron who are the Priests are the Aro- Chukwus of Abia state. Many of your biblical stories happened in the SE. Many who will champion this endtime things are from the Igbos. And they all are awake today. There are many things they know that the world have not heard.
Re: NSIBIDI: Why Igbos Should Respect Their Neighbors by bobestman(m): 7:20pm On Jun 27, 2021
donnie:

I understand the similar origin you speak of. But why can't you do without the name Igbo? What will happen to you if you don't call yourself Igbo? Ok, now imagine how others feel when pressured to forsake their unique identities, names etc and settle with Igbo.

This is not time to hide anything. Say the truth and leave it that way. Do you want me to call myself what I am not? When I say Igbo, it's like you saying Bantu, all referring to all blacks. I tell you from the root.
Re: NSIBIDI: Why Igbos Should Respect Their Neighbors by donnie(m): 8:09pm On Jun 27, 2021
Zaheertyler:
Lol
The igbos are the aboriginals
And to the guy who made mention that of Bantu
You should try knowing the meaning of Bantu IN igbo

bobestman:
Bantu is an Igbo word. Same with every language on earth today.
Baa - follow
Ntu - the law
Follow the law. What you call as the ppl of the book today
Nice. But to us it's from Bana-Beytu meaning children of the house. This is also Hebrew. (Bane meaning Son, Beyt meaning house).

It also Abantu meaning the people, or the Father's people. Aba meaning they/these or Father/master and ntu meaning people. Therefore referring to a special people, the people of YAH, the divine people.

When the Igbos fell those ppl went out and continue as the ppl of the book. They too are Igbos.
Am not telling you many things cos you believe so much in your histories. The rightful descendants of Aaron who are the Priests are the Aro- Chukwus of Abia state. Many of your biblical stories happened in the SE.
I like the story, especially the part that has to do with Aron (Aro) because he was a companion of Moses and must have migrated from Egypt along with Moses.
Many who will champion this endtime things are from the Igbos. And they all are awake today. There are many things they know that the world have not heard.

Okay I don hear

[img]https://media1./images/231f222c2c0ad30c4e9281417a7f40c7/tenor.gif?itemid=14341553[/img]
Re: NSIBIDI: Why Igbos Should Respect Their Neighbors by bobestman(m): 9:07pm On Jun 27, 2021
donnie:

Nice. But to us it's from Bana-Beytu meaning son of the house. This is also Hebrew. (Bane meaning Son, Beyt meaning house).
That Hebrew they teach in Diaspora is fake. True Hebrew is your local languages � Igbo, Yoruba, Ijaw etc all were one before. Let me leave it that way

It also Abantu meaning the people, or the Father's people. Aba meaning they/these or Father/master and ntu meaning people. Therefore referring to a special people, the people of YAH, the divine people.

I like the story, especially the part that has to do with Aron (Aro) because he was a companion of Moses and must have migrated from Egypt along with Moses.
We are older than those stories. Didn't tell you the true stories in your Bible.

Okay I don hear
They are everywhere.

[img]https://media1./images/231f222c2c0ad30c4e9281417a7f40c7/tenor.gif?itemid=14341553[/img]
Yesterday I was chatting with someone and tried to show him some things in a dream or vision somehow but the person is doubting. My spirit told me it was you cos I called your name. Now you see ....

You know I don't teach anything like this. I only tell people to live right cos their is a time all these will be corrected. There is a lot I know but can't say.

Be careful with many things you teach. Righteousness is the key here not histories cos many are lies

1 Like

Re: NSIBIDI: Why Igbos Should Respect Their Neighbors by donnie(m): 9:30pm On Jun 27, 2021
bobestman:

Yesterday I was chatting with someone and tried to show him some things in a dream or vision somehow but the person is doubting. My spirit told me it was you cos I called your name. Now you see ....

You know I don't teach anything like this. I only tell people to live right cos their is a time all these will be corrected. There is a lot I know but can't say.

Be careful with many things you teach. Righteousness is the key here not histories cos many are lies

The histories are veeeery important so the people repent as Isaële, not as just another idolatrous Christian. There is no righteousness without acknowledging who you really are. Righteousness is beyond not stealing or telling lies. It's the ability to identify satan in the earth and resist his works. Only by this truth can you have light. The info may be incomplete, but it doesn't mean it's a lie. Only when HE returns will we have full and absolute knowledge.

I didn't send myself.... And I'm not just another excited individual sharing info on the internet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NSIBIDI: Why Igbos Should Respect Their Neighbors by bobestman(m): 12:12am On Jun 28, 2021
donnie:

The histories are Veeeery important so the people repent as Isaële, not as just another idolatrous Christian. There is no righteousness without acknowledging who you really are. Righteousness is beyond not stealing or telling lies. It's the ability to identify satan in the earth and resist his works. Only by this truth can you have light. The info may be incomplete, but it doesn't mean it's a lie. Only when HE returns will we have full and absolute knowledge.

I didn't send myself.... And I'm not just another excited individual sharing info on the internet.

Naso everybody dey talk. Mo ti So fuen oo
Re: NSIBIDI: Why Igbos Should Respect Their Neighbors by donnie(m): 2:12am On Jun 28, 2021
bobestman:

Naso everybody dey talk. Mo ti So fuen oo

Leave Yoruba and talk to me in your language Igbo.
Re: NSIBIDI: Why Igbos Should Respect Their Neighbors by KingOKON: 6:14am On Jun 28, 2021
after4:

That is why you want to steal anything and everything from others...
Re: NSIBIDI: Why Igbos Should Respect Their Neighbors by KingOKON: 7:07am On Jun 28, 2021
victoryukpong:

Where ever the Ekpe/Ekpo cult existed so did Nsibidi don't behave like the IPOB

1 Like

Re: NSIBIDI: Why Igbos Should Respect Their Neighbors by bobestman(m): 9:10am On Jun 28, 2021
donnie:

Leave Yoruba and talk to me in your language Igbo.
Ok
Re: NSIBIDI: Why Igbos Should Respect Their Neighbors by donnie(m): 9:28am On Jun 28, 2021
victoryukpong:

Because of your project let me clarify some things for you.

1. Anangs for example don't begin their history in West Africa from Arochukwu. They came from among the Twi of Ghana where the name Anaang means "fourth son". From Ghana, the group moved eastward into present-day Cameroon. It was in the Cameroon highlands that the group broke off with some migrating to Arochukwu. But they later arrived at same territory in the Coastal Southeastern Nigeria.

2. The Efiks didn't create the Kalabari Kingdom, the Kalabaris did. According to Kalabari history, they were the first occupants of Calabar before migrating to their current location. Originally, they were known as the Awome. The name Kalabari was derived from their ancestor Perebo Kalabari who was a son of Mein Owei. Their original settlement was spelt as Calabar by the Portuguese.
When the British came the word Calabari was pronounced as Calabar (Kalaba) instead of Kalabari. At this time the original Ijoid Kalabaris had moved to a new location which became the new Calabar while the Efiks occupied the land which then became Old Calabar.

I'll advice that you don't publish your work in a hurry. Do a more diligent research first.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NSIBIDI: Why Igbos Should Respect Their Neighbors by victoryukpong(m): 10:48am On Jun 28, 2021
donnie:

Because of your project let me clarify some things for you.

1. Anangs for example don't begin their history in West Africa from Arochukwu. They came from among the Twi of Ghana where the name Anaang means "fourth son". From Ghana, the group moved eastward into present-day Cameroon. It was in the Cameroon highlands that the group broke off with some migrating to Arochukwu. But they later arrived at same territory in the Coastal Southeastern Nigeria.

2. The Efiks didn't create the Kalabari Kingdom, the Kalabaris did. According to Kalabari history, they were the first occupants of Calabar before migrating to their current location. Originally, they were known as the Awome. The name Kalabari was derived from their ancestor Perebo Kalabari who was a son of Mein Owei. Their original settlement was spelt as Calabar by the Portuguese.
When the British came the word Calabari was pronounced as Calabar (Kalaba) instead of Kalabari. At this time the original Ijoid Kalabaris had moved to a new location which became the new Calabar while the Efiks occupied the land which then became Old Calabar.

I'll advice that you don't publish your work in a hurry. Do a more diligent research first.

Thanks Bro

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video: God Use Wiseman Daniel To Deliver Nollywood Actor, Jim Iyke @ SCOAN / Pastor Adeboye Commissions RCCG Champions Cathedral-Teteenagers Church In Warri / The Devil Does Not Exist, The Devil Is Just A Pawn In The Game Of The Universe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.