Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,299 members, 7,829,694 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu (1475 Views)

Comparing The Deaths Of Ravi Zacharias And Muhammad / Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 / Ravi Zacharias Death Is Untrue - Spiritual Leader Is Still Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by VBCampaign: 6:41am On Sep 25, 2020
PastorAIO:
The hypocrisy of ‘Christians’ is second to none. Ever ready to overlook the crimes and repulsiveness of some while super eager to condemn others. That’s how some are ready to die for trump calling him god’s Cyrus etc. While in their eyes Obama was the Antichrist.

Everything they do just tallies with whatever prejudices they were already harbouring. Nasty prejudices. They thereby use Christianity as a tool to facilitate their nastiest inclinations instead of a tool to help them rise and become better people.

"...the hypocrisy of some Christians..." I hope you meant to say

3 Likes

Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by PastorAIO: 6:45am On Sep 25, 2020
I stand corrected

VBCampaign:

"...the hypocrisy of some Christians..." I hope you meant to say

2 Likes

Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by Image123(m): 11:55am On Sep 25, 2020
PastorAIO:
Are you suggesting that abacha was not a thief because the accusations came after he died. So in your opinion dying exonerates you from any crimes you may have committed in life. I siooose he also had all those qualifications too because he is dead.

You saw the past extortion and blackmail you asked me for but refused to comment. Clearly, you are only looking for a fault in the man. You so much want his testimony soiled. Fortunately for us, it can never be.
Heb 9:27  And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

If you cannot judge a man while alive, even commonsense unbelievers say not to speak evil of the dead. His judgement remains in the hands of God. He cannot speak for himself or defend himself appropriately. You can easily pass an unfair and baised judgement, because he is not there to defend himself. In such cases, the wise thing to do is keep quiet and mind your business as Jo has suggested.

1 Like

Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by Image123(m): 12:31pm On Sep 25, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
How convenient.

[img]https://s8/images/ObamaMuttley.gif[/img]

So a man cant anymore, legitimately accuse a pastor, if he thinks the pastor has abused his position of influence in a counseling relationship to further his own business interests and those of his family by obtaining loans and investments from the plaintiff, hmm?

VBCampaign:

God bless you Muttley... Image123 cannot change

My good friends, we are not speaking of an unknown person here. This is Ravi Zacharias RIP grin grin. We have the Spirit of God to discern some things and even asides that there is commonsense and experience.
Ravi Zacharias is a well known personality, known by the highest and the lowest. His messages and ministry are there for us all to see. What he preached and emphasized. Anne Thompson is not too known, but at least we have what she affirms and says of herself. It's there online on her blogs and social media handles for anyone who cares.

Why would commonsense and experience make one support Ravi Z? One, the devil is the accuser of the brethren.
Rev_12:10  And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

It is the devil's stock in trade and that is what his agents also do. They accuse people. From what i know about Ravi Z, i consider him BRETHREN and of course trust what he says, because that is what i do to brethren.

As for Anne Thompson, the accuser. She is clearly from a very troubled background and her accusations are very suspect given her pedigree. Lori Anne Thompson says of herself "the final child of my mother, who birthed four children by three different men. My father was an alcoholic, sadistic pedophile." That is her background. She goes on to say "My personhood and personality were formed in the context of severe physical, emotional, sexual, psychological abuse and utter neglect. My father remarried a woman who knew about his molestation of my sisters and I".

She goes on to accuse almost every man on her path. Her high school teacher, male managers in the workplace, a high-level physician in our community, to pious predators etc. She has history.

As i said earlier, she and her husband once demanded about $1million from her former pastor. She sued her pastor and church. According to the story, she/her husband lost about 350,000 dollars due to the pastor and their financial investment. i would think if one loses 350,000 dollars, he would ask for compensation of 350,000 dollars. But no, they sued their church and their pastor for 1million dollars. The case was later dropped and the pastor was reinstated. So you can imagine the scene. They are still bitter at the pastor and church.

Now, if someone is raped by a man of God. Which is far greater than her claims BTW. i would think that such a one would want to genuinely warn everyone about this man of God, or at least settle it in-house where the man of God is accountable for.

1Co 6:1  Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?

i believe that is the christian stand OR one of forgiveness. But what does this woman and her husband do instead? She sends a demand through a lawyer for $5million dollars for settlement so that she will not talk. Is that blackmail, is that extortion? A big YES. What happens next is that the accused goes to court after legal counsel. Then the lady and husband ask for out of court settlement and they get NDA. Now that the man is dead, she is making noise again.

Sorry i don't side with atheists and such kind of families. Many atheists are very vocal about this because Ravi Z did them real shege. It's surprising that you too also join the bacndwagon without due diligence.
Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by MuttleyLaff: 6:45am On Sep 26, 2020
Image123:
My good friends, we are not speaking of an unknown person here. This is Ravi Zacharias RIP grin grin. We have the Spirit of God to discern some things and even asides that there is commonsense and experience.
Ravi Zacharias is a well known personality, known by the highest and the lowest. His messages and ministry are there for us all to see. What he preached and emphasized. Anne Thompson is not too known, but at least we have what she affirms and says of herself. It's there online on her blogs and social media handles for anyone who cares.

Why would commonsense and experience make one support Ravi Z? One, the devil is the accuser of the brethren.
Rev_12:10  And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

It is the devil's stock in trade and that is what his agents also do. They accuse people. From what i know about Ravi Z, i consider him BRETHREN and of course trust what he says, because that is what i do to brethren.

As for Anne Thompson, the accuser. She is clearly from a very troubled background and her accusations are very suspect given her pedigree. Lori Anne Thompson says of herself "the final child of my mother, who birthed four children by three different men. My father was an alcoholic, sadistic pedophile." That is her background. She goes on to say "My personhood and personality were formed in the context of severe physical, emotional, sexual, psychological abuse and utter neglect. My father remarried a woman who knew about his molestation of my sisters and I".

She goes on to accuse almost every man on her path. Her high school teacher, male managers in the workplace, a high-level physician in our community, to pious predators etc. She has history.

As i said earlier, she and her husband once demanded about $1million from her former pastor. She sued her pastor and church. According to the story, she/her husband lost about 350,000 dollars due to the pastor and their financial investment. i would think if one loses 350,000 dollars, he would ask for compensation of 350,000 dollars. But no, they sued their church and their pastor for 1million dollars. The case was later dropped and the pastor was reinstated. So you can imagine the scene. They are still bitter at the pastor and church.

Now, if someone is raped by a man of God. Which is far greater than her claims BTW. i would think that such a one would want to genuinely warn everyone about this man of God, or at least settle it in-house where the man of God is accountable for.

1Co 6:1  Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?

i believe that is the christian stand OR one of forgiveness. But what does this woman and her husband do instead? She sends a demand through a lawyer for $5million dollars for settlement so that she will not talk. Is that blackmail, is that extortion? A big YES. What happens next is that the accused goes to court after legal counsel. Then the lady and husband ask for out of court settlement and they get NDA. Now that the man is dead, she is making noise again.

Sorry i don't side with atheists and such kind of families. Many atheists are very vocal about this because Ravi Z did them real shege. It's surprising that you too also join the bandwagon without due diligence.
I am sure Image123 my dear good and beloved brother knows that VBCampaign and I aren't gloating over or high fiving each other over "Dr" Ravi's misfortune stroke of mishap(s) and doctorate credentials with question mark(s) at the the end of his name instead of letters. Here is the thing, nobody gives a damn about his alleged moment of succumbing to a weakness, what we are trying to achieve from sharing this information about the scandal involving salacious pics and Cambridge University embarrassingly saying they dont know about him, is for the body of Christ readership, learn that there are hyenas out there, who will not hesitate to have you for breakfast/lunch/dinner, the very moment you let your guard down.

If atheists want to take pleasure in that episode of his life, so be it, he brought it upon himself, besides if he knew he has no skeletons to hide or nothing to be ashamed of, why not let it go the full course of the law, have him exonerated and vindicated that way, instead of dashing for an out of court settlement with a None Disclosure Agreement; NDA clause, hmm?

I am sure you know Ted Haggard, he too, is a well known personality, known by the highest and the lowest. Little wonder what he was getting up to

The crime about VBCampaign's posts and mine, is that we dare to point out that the king was naked, as in that the emperor apparently had no clothes on. In case of a husband having an affair outside the marriage, the wife is the last one usually to know. It is well.
Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by VBCampaign: 7:21am On Sep 26, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
I am sure Image123 my dear good and beloved brother knows that VBCampaign and I aren't gloating over or high fiving each other over "Dr" Ravi's misfortune stroke of mishap(s) and doctorate credentials with question mark(s) at the the end of his name instead of letters. Here is the thing, nobody gives a damn about his alleged moment of succumbing to a weakness, what we are trying to achieve from sharing this information about the scandal involving salacious pics and Cambridge University embarrassingly saying they dont know about him, is for the body of Christ readership, learn that there are hyenas out there, who will not hesitate to have you for breakfast/lunch/dinner, the very moment you let your guard down.

If atheists want to take pleasure in that episode of his life, so be it, he brought it upon himself, besides if he knew he has no skeletons to hide or nothing to be ashamed of, why not let it go the full course of the law, have him exonerated and vindicated that way, instead of dashing for an out of court settlement with a None Disclosure Agreement; NDA clause, hmm?

I am sure you know Ted Haggard, he too, is a well known personality, known by the highest and the lowest. Little wonder what he was getting up to

The crime about VBCampaign's posts and mine, is that we dare to point out that the king was naked, as in that the emperor apparently had no clothes on. In case of a husband having an affair outside the marriage, the wife is the last one usually to know. It is well.

I endorse this 100%. I no longer have energies for publishing long debates on Nairaland. This position has stated my thoughts clearly... I'll like to add though:

1 Like

Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by VBCampaign: 7:26am On Sep 26, 2020
Publishing information on the scandal around Ravi was very heart breaking. But I realize that Christians possessing these information will only help us guard ourselves against the evil of the times.

Another thing is that Christianity is not like other religions. If others cover up their malfeasance, we don't. Why? Because Christianity cannot be destroyed by the failure of one man, a few men or even all Christians. The Church is sustained by Christ!

If all Christians apostatize today, God will raise up stones to worship him.

We give the true state if things in the Church. We bear our shame. We use it as a means to get better.

That's the difference between mere religion as Image123 will have Christianity look like today and gospel truth/life as we advocate.

1 Like

Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by MuttleyLaff: 8:02am On Sep 26, 2020
VBCampaign:
I endorse this 100%. I no longer have energies for publishing long debates on Nairaland. This position has stated my thoughts clearly... I'll like to add though:
It is well dear sir, I am sure our equally dear and beloved brother Image123, deep down knows, we are not being mischievous and dont take pleasure in each others mishaps, minor or nor minor. Some things need to be put out there and as it so happened, its you who had the chutzpah and temerity to do so.

If we were to remain silent, we'll be guilty of complicity in the attempt of suppressing truth and opportunity to learn lessons from it all.. It is well sha
Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by ihedinobi2: 8:19am On Sep 26, 2020
PastorAIO:

Na Ihedinobi go fit stand in for Ravi Zacharias as him na the number one disciple.

For me personally, I think Ravi Zacharias’ greatest crime is his butchering of logic and simple argumentations in his lectures.

Hi PastorAIO.

Been a minute.

I could be wrong, but I don't remember quoting Ravi in any of our conversations. Is there some reason you call me his disciple? Maybe I speak of him somewhere else that you know about?

I did respect him, but I followed his work from afar, as I did a few other popular apologists, like most recently William Lane Craig. I've never read any of Ravi's books (I have one of Craig's that I've been meaning to read but haven't gotten around to either) or particularly listened to a stretched out debate. I tend to watch one or two full debates of any apologist I'm interested in and then follow them through clips of any arguments that they make.

I'm not sure then why you think I was his disciple.

As for these unfortunate scandals, as I said, I didn't know him that well. And I try to keep out of things that I can't be completely certain of (not that I'm anywhere near perfect at that), so I have no opinion either way. I only know that if he believed in Jesus, he is with the Lord in Heaven. And if he was sinning arrogantly, then he suffered the sin into death as a punishment. That is to say, the Master that he served was more than able to set him straight in any bad behavior that he persisted in. I don't have to weigh in. But I hope that I can learn from the whole debacle and be a little wiser about the choices I make.

1 Like

Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by Image123(m): 10:09am On Sep 26, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

Muttley, i verily think we should give a damn about his alleged moment of succumbing to a weakness. But the obvious question is "Is there credible proof to that?" i don't see any. All i see are weak allegations, accusations, attempted blackmail, extortion and name smearing. Did Ravi Z know the woman? YES. Did Ravi Z sleep with the woman or rape the woman? NO. Did Ravi Z ever meet the woman alone? NO. We are not talking about a minor here for Christ's sake. We are talking about a fully grown separated mother, who is married to another man. A woman with a long history of accusing almost every man that crosses her path. According to her own words, not another's, she has issues with her father, her high school teacher, male managers in the workplace, a high-level physician in her community, to pious predators. She sued her own church and sued her own pastor for one million dollars. Who does that? i really do not see myself taking sides with her words against Ravi Z's words.
When i said Ravi Z is well known, i meant it in the context of his messages and life. Not really his popularity, though i think he is more popular and relevant than Haggard. A grown woman sends her pictures and blames another person, really? Then she sends a letter through her lawyer to be paid 5 million dollars. This is clear textbook blackmail. Just that she had nothing on Ravi Z than making noise. Ravi took her to court and the couple begged to settle out of court. Like i said, you don't appear to have done due diligence. If the woman has anything to tell or teach the church, she should have said it in 2016 or 2017, not all these rambling she is doing after the man's death. She signed and agreed to an NDA. The couple requested mediation instead of going to trial, and the parties reached a private settlement.

“All communication with both of them has concluded, and the legal matters have been resolved,” Same way they went to court with their pastor and church and later dropped it.

The thread seems to be about a sex scandal as it were. If you have a problem with Ravi's DR. status, i believe that is a different matter. i eternally respect Ravi Z ahead of many Professors of Theology BTW. What he has achieved in a lifetime, 10 of them cannot achieve it in 3 lifetimes. Paul was mr. chief student/graduate of theology but as blind as a bat too. So i don't really get the seriousness of the unserious atheists you guys seem to be climbing on their back for this academic/seminary talk. Anyway, that's another matter, let's talk about the sex scandal first/separately i suppose.
Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by Image123(m): 10:11am On Sep 26, 2020
VBCampaign:
Publishing information on the scandal around Ravi was very heart breaking. But I realize that Christians possessing these information will only help us guard ourselves against the evil of the times.

Another thing is that Christianity is not like other religions. If others cover up their malfeasance, we don't. Why? Because Christianity cannot be destroyed by the failure of one man, a few men or even all Christians. The Church is sustained by Christ!

If all Christians apostatize today, God will raise up stones to worship him.

We give the true state if things in the Church. We bear our shame. We use it as a means to get better.

That's the difference between mere religion as Image123 will have Christianity look like today and gospel truth/life as we advocate.

i heard about this in 2017, it is not just news. It made news then. So i'm not sure of the lessons you are just learning.
Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by Image123(m): 10:13am On Sep 26, 2020
ihedinobi2:

Hi PastorAIO.

Been a minute.

I could be wrong, but I don't remember quoting Ravi in any of our conversations. Is there some reason you call me his disciple? Maybe I speak of him somewhere else that you know about?

I did respect him, but I followed his work from afar, as I did a few other popular apologists, like most recently William Lane Craig. I've never read any of Ravi's books (I have one of Craig's that I've been meaning to read but haven't gotten around to either) or particularly listened to a stretched out debate. I tend to watch one or two full debates of any apologist I'm interested in and then follow them through clips of any arguments that they make.

I'm not sure then why you think I was his disciple.

As for these unfortunate scandals, as I said, I didn't know him that well. And I try to keep out of things that I can't be completely certain of (not that I'm anywhere near perfect at that), so I have no opinion either way. I only know that if he believed in Jesus, he is with the Lord in Heaven. And if he was sinning arrogantly, then he suffered the sin into death as a punishment. That is to say, the Master that he served was more than able to set him straight in any bad behavior that he persisted in. I don't have to weigh in. But I hope that I can learn from the whole debacle and be a little wiser about the choices I make.

Brother, really been a minute. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by ihedinobi2: 10:19am On Sep 26, 2020
Image123:

Brother, really been a minute. cheesy cheesy

Oga Image! Long time, sir. Well done. It's good to see you still around these parts. wink

1 Like

Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by Image123(m): 10:22am On Sep 26, 2020
ihedinobi2:

Oga Image! Long time, sir. Well done. It's good to see you still around these parts. wink

Yes sir. Well done. Great to hear you still keeping on.

1 Like

Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by ihedinobi2: 10:25am On Sep 26, 2020
Image123:

Yes sir. Well done. Great to hear you still keeping on.

Life is not worth much otherwise, my oga. The Lord and His Truth is all that makes life worth living, so what else could I possibly do? It's a joy to see that you hold the same view too. One day, we will rejoice together in the New Jerusalem after the wars of this life.

1 Like

Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by Image123(m): 10:30am On Sep 26, 2020
ihedinobi2:

Life is not worth much otherwise, my oga. The Lord and His Truth is all that makes life worth living, so what else could I possibly do? It's a joy to see that you hold the same view too. One day, we will rejoice together in the New Jerusalem after the wars of this life.

Amen.

1 Like

Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by VBCampaign: 11:39am On Sep 26, 2020
Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by MuttleyLaff: 7:07pm On Sep 26, 2020
Image123:
Muttley, i verily think we should give a damn about his alleged moment of succumbing to a weakness. But the obvious question is "Is there credible proof to that?" i don't see any. All i see are weak allegations, accusations, attempted blackmail, extortion and name smearing. Did Ravi Z know the woman? YES. Did Ravi Z sleep with the woman or rape the woman? NO. Did Ravi Z ever meet the woman alone? NO. We are not talking about a minor here for Christ's sake. We are talking about a fully grown separated mother, who is married to another man. A woman with a long history of accusing almost every man that crosses her path. According to her own words, not another's, she has issues with her father, her high school teacher, male managers in the workplace, a high-level physician in her community, to pious predators. She sued her own church and sued her own pastor for one million dollars. Who does that? i really do not see myself taking sides with her words against Ravi Z's words.
When i said Ravi Z is well known, i meant it in the context of his messages and life. Not really his popularity, though i think he is more popular and relevant than Haggard. A grown woman sends her pictures and blames another person, really? Then she sends a letter through her lawyer to be paid 5 million dollars. This is clear textbook blackmail. Just that she had nothing on Ravi Z than making noise. Ravi took her to court and the couple begged to settle out of court. Like i said, you don't appear to have done due diligence. If the woman has anything to tell or teach the church, she should have said it in 2016 or 2017, not all these rambling she is doing after the man's death. She signed and agreed to an NDA. The couple requested mediation instead of going to trial, and the parties reached a private settlement.

“All communication with both of them has concluded, and the legal matters have been resolved,” Same way they went to court with their pastor and church and later dropped it.

The thread seems to be about a sex scandal as it were. If you have a problem with Ravi's DR. status, i believe that is a different matter. i eternally respect Ravi Z ahead of many Professors of Theology BTW. What he has achieved in a lifetime, 10 of them cannot achieve it in 3 lifetimes. Paul was mr. chief student/graduate of theology but as blind as a bat too. So i don't really get the seriousness of the unserious atheists you guys seem to be climbing on their back for this academic/seminary talk. Anyway, that's another matter, let's talk about the sex scandal first/separately i suppose.

h t tps://youtu.be/8vTB15azb0A:
... Everyone has the right to not have their reputation unfairly tarnished so before, I made any of these allegations public, I presented them to Ravi Zacharias and his ministry and asked them to correct me if I had my facts wrong. They never did I suspect that's because they can't ....

... The lawsuit allegations come straight from Ravi's own court filings and the evidence of credential fraud is straight from Cambridge and Oxford and from Ravi's own christian colleagues, each of whom is still alive and readily available for comment.

Credentialed Media may contact me and I will share every single one of my sources with you (i.e. he is a member of the United States Press Agency (USPA) that provides all full-time and part-time journalists with the advantage of a press pass)

Here's what we know Ravi has told millions of people that he was a visiting scholar at Cambridge university. The problem is that Cambridge says he never was. Ravi quickly removed the claim from his official bio in the summer of 2015, after I told him that I had discovered it was false

Ravi claims to have been an official lecturer at Oxford teaching there once a year. He also makes this impressive claim: "... you know I lecture at Oxford university three times there. I'm a senior research fellow there although I live in Atlanta, I go to Oxford and lecture there regularly. Richard Dawkins lectures out of there ..." (i.e. name dropping, lmso)

The problem is that, Oxford says they have no record of Ravi in their database and they don't think he's ever been one of their employees. It turns out that Ravi once held an honorary position at an affiliated institution of the university, a religious training school called Wycliffe Hall but even Wycliffe Hall says that although Ravi has lectured there in the past, he has never held any formal teaching position there and we know Ravi knew he was lying about Oxford because when I told him I was investigating his credentials, he removed all Oxford references from his official bio, even before I told him I had discovered that they were false

Ravi tells us that in the 1980s he was, a department chair at a place called Alliance Theological Seminary, a fairly prestigious academic position
The problem is he never was. In the 1980s, Alliance was so tiny it had no departments.

Since the early 1980s Ravi has held, himself out as a doctor. He claims to hold several doctorate degrees and his publishers have played right along referring to him as Dr Zacharias or simply Ravi Zacharias Phd. The problem is that Ravi has never so much as enrolled in an academic graduate program much less earned a doctorate degree. He holds a bachelor's and a professional master of divinity and numerous honorary doctorates but has refused until recently to disclose at his official bio that these doctorates were merely honorary and although Ravi describes himself as a recognized authority in several academic fields there appear to be no scholarly publications by Ravi Zacharias in any field whatsoever.

The thing that makes poor Ravi fret is, he didn't foresee the internet now the big man of god's in a little lurch because he can prove you've lied, with a Google search. Ravi also tells us, that as a young man, he won an annual international preaching competition attended by folks from all across Asia and he was given the title "Asian youth preacher award". The problem is that when you google the award it does not seem to exist. Please give it a shot.

So I tracked down all three of the men Ravi says we're judges at that competition and I learned that this was no international competition at all. All three judges confirmed that the competition was for India only, which explains why this impressive award exists only in Ravi Zacharias' self-promotional materials. Ravi makes the even more impressive claim that in 1990 he studied Quantum Physics at Cambridge University under the famous physicist John Polkinghorne (i.e. a Revd Dr. English particle and theoretical mathematical physicist, theologian and Anglican priest). The problem is that it looks like he didn't. Dr Polkinghorne had actually left the Cambridge science faculty 11 years earlier to become a priest and by 1990 he wasn't teaching physics. In fact that year, he taught one class on the science theology dialogue and another one on buddhism.

Now let's move from Ravi's public deceptions to his recent online, to his credit, non-physical sex scandal. On July 31st 2017, Ravi filed a federal lawsuit against a married Canadian woman, named Lorianne Thompson aka Anne Thompson. Now as a lawyer when I evaluate this case I think that Ravi has been blackmailed but you don't get blackmailed unless you've done something bad and by his own admission Ravi has. It's not just that he admits inappropriate conduct as we have seen in paragraph 75 nor that he didn't report the relationship or the nude photos to his board right away, that he waited until after miss Thompson threatened legal action and after she accused him of using her to gratify his own sexual desires and it's not just that he didn't even try very hard to terminate contact with Lorianne after the sexy photos started coming in, that's all kind of unflattering but the really explosive stuff is found in a highly confidential legal letter to Ravi where Lorianne's lawyer states that when she wished to confess the relationship to her husband, Ravi sent her an email threatening suicide. Attorney Mark Bryant told Ravi that he has a copy of that suicide email in his file and we have to wonder why would he bluff Ravi about something Ravi did not do and although Ravi denies many things in his court filing he did not deny making that written suicide threat. This is explosive stuff that the christian media (i.e. including my dear brother Image123, I would interject here, lmso) has avoided like a potato straight out of hell.

Incidentally Ravi settled his lawsuit last week on November 9th, 2017, so we may never know what exactly happened between Ravi and Lorianne. I urge you, especially if you are a christian who has donated money to Ravi, to contact him and ask him how much he paid Lorianne for her silence and did that money come from your donations. After all did you really want your hard-earned money converted into 30 pieces of silver and while you're at it, please ask Mr Zacharias to publicly comment on what sure, seems to be compelling evidence of systematic credential fraud. He can ignore you of course, but at some point we're entitled to conclude that this charming gentleman has a lot of stuff in his closet that he does not want us to know about. Where do Ravi's colleagues in ministry stand on all this?

The apostle Paul warns followers of Christ not to so much as have lunch with unrepentant fellow christians (i.e. 1 Corinthians 5:11) but over at Ravi's self-named ministries, these people reap the benefits of being in business with a morally challenged but very successful evangelist they get the stage, the limelight, the prestige of being part of a vibrant international organization. Will these self-proclaimed followers of Jesus heed their Lord's command to speak truth to power, or will they continue to lick the hand that feeds them?
Word is out, that Ravi Zacharias' life's work has been based on false pretenses and unless the blood of Christ can really tame entrenched ego and insecurity, his greatest legacy will be, as yet, another christian leader who deep down did not believe his own religion

Shellnutt, Kate; Zylstra, Sarah Eekhoff (3 December 2017).
"Ravi Zacharias Responds to Sexting Allegations, Credentials Critique".
News & Reporting. Christianity Today. Retrieved 24 February 2018:

Use of Doctor title
In 2017, Christianity Today reported accusations that Zacharias had exaggerated his academic credentials; for instance that he had referred to himself in multiple articles and videos with the title "Doctor" or "Dr.", despite lacking a PhD qualification. In response, Zacharias said he had been "conferred ten honorary doctorates" and said further that "in Ravi's homeland of India … honorific titles are customary and are used frequently out of respect for elders, including by the RZIM India team when addressing Ravi." The veracity of Zacharias's purported academic positions at the universities of Oxford and Cambridge was also questioned.

In a statement, RZIM indicated that "[in] earlier years, 'Dr' did appear before Ravi's name in some of our materials, including on our website, which is an appropriate and acceptable practice with honorary doctorates. However, because this practice can be contentious in certain circles, we no longer use it."

Christianity Today reported that Zacharias' online biography was edited following the accusations regarding his credentials.

Image123 I am not falling out with you. You of course know you are among friends, actually brethren with VBCampaign and I. The thread is not just about a seemingly lewd pics requests sex scandal, as it were. I dont have a problem with papa Ravi ascribing a Dr. status upon himself, maybe for credibility purposes or not, I dont care, butI believe that is a another matter to learn from. I eternally respect Ravi Z ahead of many Professors of Theology BTW too. I also agree that he likely achieved in a lifetime, 10 of them cannot achieve it in 3 lifetimes, but it still doesnt stop us airing everything about him, warts or not warts, so to learn from them and not repeat his mistakes
Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by Image123(m): 8:12pm On Sep 26, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

Ravi sent her an email threatening suicide. Attorney Mark Bryant told Ravi that he has a copy of that suicide email in his file and we have to wonder why would he bluff Ravi about something Ravi did not do and although Ravi denies many things in his court filing he did not deny making that written suicide threat. This is explosive stuff that the christian media (i.e. including my dear brother Image123, I would interject here, lmso) has avoided like a potato straight out of hell.

Image123 I am not falling out with you. You of course know you are among friends, actually brethren with VBCampaign and I. The thread is not just about a seemingly lewd pics requests sex scandal, as it were. I dont have a problem with papa Ravi ascribing a Dr. status upon himself, maybe for credibility purposes or not, I dont care, butI believe that is a another matter to learn from. I eternally respect Ravi Z ahead of many Professors of Theology BTW too. I also agree that he likely achieved in a lifetime, 10 of them cannot achieve it in 3 lifetimes, but it still doesnt stop us airing everything about him, warts or not warts, so to learn from them and not repeat his mistakes

i'd rather take these issues differently and not together. The sex scandal is different from the academic "imbroglio". After we settle the "lessons" on the sex scandal, then if you want, we can learn from the other one.

Now like i have stated, i believe Ravi Z ahead of the woman for many obvious and already started reasons which you didn't counter(avoided). The summary of your reaction to it has been more of "So?" and not "It's untrue”. So we're looking at very experienced extortionist, blackmailer and accuser trying over years to get Ravi Z into a compromising position. Did the couple attempt to extort and blackmail Ravi Z for five million dollars? YES.
Did Ravi Z ask her to stop sending him messages? Yes.
Did the woman make sexually suggestive advances, sending pictures of herself in scanty clothes and finally nude? Yes, not denied. The woman only claims Ravi used spiritual authority.(lmso at whatever that means).

Let me chip in here that we know the woman's type very well. They know exactly what they are doing. They are not kids. In fact, they can smell manipulation from many miles off so she cannot be claiming things like she is a teenage virgin from the village. She's the historical divorcee that sued her pastor and her church for one million dollars. i really can't try avoiding that like a hellish potato.
Ravi Z's mistake was that he approached her with an evangelist's heart, he wasn't wise as a serpent. Like he said, he failed to exercise wise caution and to protect himself from even the appearance of impropriety, and for that says he is profoundly sorry. His family, his ministry and his God forgive him for that and i do too. Some of these old men are not as sharp in technology as we may be. If anyone has my phone number or email, there's barely anything stopping them from sending me pictures except maybe God. If Ravi Z made a panicky mistake thinking his ministry and life would be adversely affected by this, we should learn from that. Unfortunately, the mistake was giving the couple a private email. When some of these " mogS" seem so far off and unavailable to everyone, we complain. This is one of the advantages. At this point too, Ravi should have carried others along though maybe he judged it a bit too late or something he could handle. It was her sending a letter through her lawyer that made him take the proper action.
He was fighting to avoid a public scandal, because there is no gain in it whether he is right or right. Unfortunately for him, that wish was never granted. Madam Anne was smarter to inform a blogger. Now she's bringing it up again. ii believe she is the potato sent from hell that Ravi Z should have completely avoided.
Re: The Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal By Deji Yesufu by MuttleyLaff: 8:35pm On Sep 26, 2020

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Third Option:earth. / God, Give Me A Jet Now —pastor Oritsejafor’s Dearest Wish / Are We The Only Ones God Created In Our Galaxy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.