Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Governor Obaseki Has Changed The Name Of The University In Oshiomhole's Village - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Obaseki Has Changed The Name Of The University In Oshiomhole's Village (9673 Views)

Idahosa: Oshiomhole Refused To Believe Obaseki Has Finished Him Politically / Edo Assembly Crisis: Tinubu Says Obaseki Has Committed Impeachable Offences / FFK: I Am Glad To Hear That Obaseki Has Joined PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Obaseki Has Changed The Name Of The University In Oshiomhole's Village by WINDSOW(m): 7:57am On Sep 23, 2020
ArcFresky:

I agree its a step in the right direction, but Edo people should not be deceived into a false sense of hope.

These politicians don't care about you and I.
I don't know or wish any political party in Edo state bad.
I just hate the fact that gullible people like you keep recycling bad politicians.
I think you need to eat the enlightenment pie.
Come 2023, I hope to seeing you vying for a political office so that you can fix the problems instead of fixing blames.
Re: Governor Obaseki Has Changed The Name Of The University In Oshiomhole's Village by Goldp5988(f): 8:00am On Sep 23, 2020
femi4:
Its a step in the right direction. The Uni belongs to Edo people not Oshiomole

Lol
Re: Governor Obaseki Has Changed The Name Of The University In Oshiomhole's Village by tamdun: 8:03am On Sep 23, 2020
NGpatriot:

We are actually on the same page, Lagos is not Edo and Edo is not Lagos state.

Lagos is Africa's 5th largest economy, not Edo state

Lagos is Nigerians largest economy, not Edo state

Lagos is Nigeria's industrial capital, not Edo state

Lagos state is the entertainment capital of Nigeria and AFRICA, not Edo state

Lagos state is the corporate capital of Nigeria

Lagos state is home to the largest single refinery in the world, not Edo state

Lagos state is home to the largest fertilizer factory in the world, not Edo state

Lagos state is home to the largest gas plant in Africa, not Edo state

Lagos state is home to the Largest petrochemical plant in Africa, not Edo state

Lagos state's IGR is 33 times larger than Edo state's IGR.

The list goes on...

Again, we are on the same page, Lagos state is not Edo state and Edo state can never be Lagos state or even be like Lagos state.

Edo state can not produce credible, competent and productive leaders like Lagos state so I don't see Edo state getting anywhere close to Lagos state, not anytime soon.

Wao
Re: Governor Obaseki Has Changed The Name Of The University In Oshiomhole's Village by tamdun: 8:08am On Sep 23, 2020
ospido:

Well enumerated.

Yet more than 80% of the funds and resources deployed to develop Lagos state came from the Niger-Delta oil-rich region of which Edo state is a member state.
So tell me without Edo, what would have been of Lagos?
Did u just said more than 80% it seems u are dreaming, how much is Lagos state allocation compared to some SS state? U better not give yourself national disgrace
Re: Governor Obaseki Has Changed The Name Of The University In Oshiomhole's Village by Quim2: 8:10am On Sep 23, 2020
tinsel:
I thought when you win a fight you show magnanimity to your opponents in victory and extend a hand of fellowship. Why is this man such a bitter person. What kind of teaching is he giving to his children

If that's how you do with your enemies you won't reach old age
Re: Governor Obaseki Has Changed The Name Of The University In Oshiomhole's Village by ThatFairGuy1: 8:12am On Sep 23, 2020
NGpatriot:

Lagos state is home to the largest fertilizer factory in the world, not Edo state

The list goes on...

Again, we are on the same page, Lagos state is not Edo state and Edo state can never be Lagos state or even be like Lagos state.

Edo state can not produce credible, competent and productive leaders like Lagos state so I don't see Edo state getting anywhere close to Lagos state, not anytime soon.

How I wish Lagos State can stop giving relevance to those ingrates in Lagos polity.
Re: Governor Obaseki Has Changed The Name Of The University In Oshiomhole's Village by frankyychiji(f): 8:15am On Sep 23, 2020
tinsel:
I thought when you win a fight you show magnanimity to your opponents in victory and extend a hand of fellowship. Why is this man such a bitter person. What kind of teaching is he giving to his children
The thing is really paining you.
Re: Governor Obaseki Has Changed The Name Of The University In Oshiomhole's Village by tamdun: 8:15am On Sep 23, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:

Will you be quiet!
Bare faced ipob liar angry

The nine top oil producing states in Nigeria are:

Akwa Ibom- the largest oil producer with 31.4% (504,000 BPD)
Delta – 21.56% (346,000 BPD)
Rivers – 21.43% (344,000 BPD)
Bayelsa – 18.07% (290,000 BPD)
Ondo – 3.74% (60,000 BPD)
Lagos – 2.64% (40,000 BPD)
Edo – 2.06% (33,000 BPD)
Imo-1.06 % (17,000 BPD)
Abia-0.68% (11,000 BPD)

As you can see,Lagos State produces more oil than Edo State.
Lagos generates about ₦1.3trillion as IGR. That's about 10× whatever federal allocation it receives.
I'm sure it's remission to the FG is part of what's feeding your state angry
That's why we cannot ignore these people, they'll just keep spreading lies and if we refused to confront them with facts, future generations will believe their lies
Re: Governor Obaseki Has Changed The Name Of The University In Oshiomhole's Village by frankyychiji(f): 8:17am On Sep 23, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

How I wish Lagos State can stop giving relevance to those ingrates in Lagos polity.
And watch your IGR take a plunge into the Atlantic.

How do you think Thiefnubuu became the richest exgovernor in Africa?
Re: Governor Obaseki Has Changed The Name Of The University In Oshiomhole's Village by frankyychiji(f): 8:18am On Sep 23, 2020
tamdun:

That's why we cannot ignore these people, they'll just keep spreading lies and if we refused to confront them with facts, future generations will believe their lies
"We". You mean zombies?
Re: Governor Obaseki Has Changed The Name Of The University In Oshiomhole's Village by tamdun: 8:19am On Sep 23, 2020
frankyychiji:

Same igr u couldn't give to ur state?
Re: Governor Obaseki Has Changed The Name Of The University In Oshiomhole's Village by frankyychiji(f): 8:20am On Sep 23, 2020
tamdun:

Same igr u couldn't give to ur state?
My state doesn't have the infrastructure I need for my Job unlike Lagos, a former capital city.
Re: Governor Obaseki Has Changed The Name Of The University In Oshiomhole's Village by ThatFairGuy1: 8:21am On Sep 23, 2020
frankyychiji:

Don't digress, stick to the matter. Tinubu is not your problem, Willie Obiano kneeling on Anambra neck and host of your janja.weed leaders are.
Moreso, how does giving them Political post add value to Lagos IGR you these lots of INGRATE
Re: Governor Obaseki Has Changed The Name Of The University In Oshiomhole's Village by ThatFairGuy1: 8:25am On Sep 23, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:

Will you be quiet!
Bare faced ipob liar angry

The nine top oil producing states in Nigeria are:

Akwa Ibom- the largest oil producer with 31.4% (504,000 BPD)
Delta – 21.56% (346,000 BPD)
Rivers – 21.43% (344,000 BPD)
Bayelsa – 18.07% (290,000 BPD)
Ondo – 3.74% (60,000 BPD)
Lagos – 2.64% (40,000 BPD)
Edo – 2.06% (33,000 BPD)
Imo-1.06 % (17,000 BPD)
Abia-0.68% (11,000 BPD)

As you can see,Lagos State produces more oil than Edo State.
Lagos generates about ₦1.3trillion as IGR. That's about 10× whatever federal allocation it receives.
I'm sure it's remission to the FG is part of what's feeding your state angry
Lagos State is their benefactor whether they like it or not
Re: Governor Obaseki Has Changed The Name Of The University In Oshiomhole's Village by frankyychiji(f): 8:41am On Sep 23, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

Don't digress, stick to the matter. Tinubu is not your problem, Willie Obiano kneeling on Anambra neck and host of your janja.weed leaders are.
Moreso, how does giving them Political post add value to Lagos IGR you these lots of INGRATE
Hahahaha..thatfairguy1!!
Booda wey mumu cheesy

I know you are addicted to Thiefnubuu's butt-crack and I know you are the Op, but you got nothing on me. grin
Re: Governor Obaseki Has Changed The Name Of The University In Oshiomhole's Village by frankyychiji(f): 8:42am On Sep 23, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

Oga na win-win!

Lagos my benefactor..

IGR generated...

Thiefnubuu orders for two fresh bullion vans and everyone is happy.
Re: Governor Obaseki Has Changed The Name Of The University In Oshiomhole's Village by Friend22(m): 8:47am On Sep 23, 2020
maramara:
Good move, restore all the stolen govt property back to the people. However, watch out, cause Supreme Court might be waiting for you. Let them not repeat IMO State treatment on Edo.

Some of you just come online to mouth off your outlandish ignorance.
I know you don't know anything Edo yet you are carrying it on your head like a gala seller.
Re: Governor Obaseki Has Changed The Name Of The University In Oshiomhole's Village by Friend22(m): 8:47am On Sep 23, 2020
NGpatriot:

The list goes on...

Bros, forget these noise makers.
Re: Governor Obaseki Has Changed The Name Of The University In Oshiomhole's Village by Friend22(m): 8:48am On Sep 23, 2020
Philipponzaghi:

Obaseki has been the governor of Edo state for the past 4 years why haven't him reduced the tuition fees?
Ask them oh.
Bunch of tactless and ignorant noise makers.

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki Has Changed The Name Of The University In Oshiomhole's Village by ThatFairGuy1: 8:50am On Sep 23, 2020
frankyychiji:
Oga na win-win!

Lagos my benefactor..

IGR generated...

Are you guys forgetting Tinubu have businesses across Nigeria and the World?

Why all these fuss about HIS BULLION VAN? Or is he working or taking any Government contracts HAS HE CHALLENGED?
He's a rich man and not poor like your wretched thieving Governors
Re: Governor Obaseki Has Changed The Name Of The University In Oshiomhole's Village by Friend22(m): 8:53am On Sep 23, 2020
Edyice:
Clearly stated that oshiomhole wants to Thief everything like thief-nubu

Just look at the way thief-nubu has directly turn everything in LAGOS to his family business ( cashing out on coward Yorubas afonja )

Good job from obaseki .... grin

This letter must get to LAGOS afonjas

Edo state No be LAGOS

Just look at yourself well enough.
Do you even know how a state is run?
Do you know where we were in Edo state before Oshiomole came?
You think you can just rubbish Oshiomole after all the good things he has done?

Who you even be self?!

Your so called governor has not done one-fourth of what he did, yet noise makers like you who know nothing about governance want to always be loud about your compound ignorance.

I will excuse your ignorance but, definitely not your insults on our intelligence.

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki Has Changed The Name Of The University In Oshiomhole's Village by Redhot111(m): 8:55am On Sep 23, 2020
ican2020:

Why you warm kill yourself for Edo matter.

You no know that guy we you dey quote? Na the mumu wey I dey tell you about be that na. They have suddenly turn to the wailers untop Edo matters.

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki Has Changed The Name Of The University In Oshiomhole's Village by tinsel: 9:35am On Sep 23, 2020
Quim2:

If that's how you do with your enemies you won't reach old age
My friend have you not heard no permanent enemy or friend in politics. They arr not enemies but just fought a political battle. Chima Sullivan fought the same battle with Chimaroke but visited him in Enugu last week.
Tomorrow i am sure you will not be shocked to see Wike and Amaechi in same camp again. That is politocs.
Re: Governor Obaseki Has Changed The Name Of The University In Oshiomhole's Village by Friend22(m): 9:43am On Sep 23, 2020
frankyychiji:
Oga na win-win!

Lagos my benefactor..

IGR generated...

At least is godfatherism brought development not like the days of Mr fix it.
Re: Governor Obaseki Has Changed The Name Of The University In Oshiomhole's Village by ospido: 10:57am On Sep 23, 2020
tamdun:

Did u just said more than 80% it seems u are dreaming, how much is Lagos state allocation compared to some SS state? U better not give yourself national disgrace

I was being fare when i said 80%.
It is more than 93% to be precise.
Re: Governor Obaseki Has Changed The Name Of The University In Oshiomhole's Village by ospido: 11:09am On Sep 23, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

When was oil discovered in Lagos in commercial quantity?

It was in 2016/2017 during Ambode's tenure.
You see how hypocritical you are?
Without the Niger-Delta, there would have been no Lagos,in terms of development.
Quote me and you'll be lectured.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/203490-lagos-now-officially-oil-producing-state-governor-ambode.html
Re: Governor Obaseki Has Changed The Name Of The University In Oshiomhole's Village by ospido: 11:15am On Sep 23, 2020
Friend22:

Bros, forget these noise makers.

And you failed to ask him how Lagos got to that status.

The massive and rapid development that took place in Lagos, where did the funding come from?

From the oil that was discovered in 2016 under Ambode?
Indomie generation sef.
SMH.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/203490-lagos-now-officially-oil-producing-state-governor-ambode.html
Re: Governor Obaseki Has Changed The Name Of The University In Oshiomhole's Village by Quim2: 11:25am On Sep 23, 2020
tinsel:

My friend have you not heard no permanent enemy or friend in politics. They arr not enemies but just fought a political battle. Chima Sullivan fought the same battle with Chimaroke but visited him in Enugu last week.
Tomorrow i am sure you will not be shocked to see Wike and Amaechi in same camp again. That is politocs.

Spouses, relatives and best friends... when they hate, can turn to the worst enemies you will ever see.

Speaking from experience
Re: Governor Obaseki Has Changed The Name Of The University In Oshiomhole's Village by Isobug: 12:47pm On Sep 23, 2020
ArcFresky:

cool
Your comment sounds foolish
What has the Obaseki done for Edo state.

Edo no be Lagos, Edo no be Lagos, yet given the chance, una go pack go Lagos go stay 1 bedroom with Your uncle his wife and four children... Yet Edo no be Lagos.
Easyooo bros......jejely Sir. grin

But going by your one bedroom statement, I would want you to take out time and visit Lekki, VI, Banana Island, Marina etc. Do an enumeration of various Nigerian Tribes living these places(in houses), then come back to this thread with your result. Thanks man
Re: Governor Obaseki Has Changed The Name Of The University In Oshiomhole's Village by josephubah111(m): 12:50pm On Sep 23, 2020
I had to google the meaning of that word.. Thanks for adding to my vocab..i feel more elucidated
DrAbayomi:
ohh really... This is getting to my ears for the first time. Thanks for elucidating.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Journalist Sunday Dare Reports Of Boxes Stuffed With PDP Votes / Enugu PDP Legislators To ‘Dump’ Party For APC / SW Get Least Amount Of Ministries Of All Regions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.