Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,695 members, 7,809,622 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

Multi Taxation: Obiano Is Sitting On Our Neck And We Can’t Breath - Onyedika - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Multi Taxation: Obiano Is Sitting On Our Neck And We Can’t Breath - Onyedika (13253 Views)

Father Mbaka: Governor Obiano Is God's Blessing To Anambra State (Photos) / Arthur Eze: ‘Obiano Is A Small Fry’ / Obiano Is An Igala Man From Ibaji LGA, Kogi State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Multi Taxation: Obiano Is Sitting On Our Neck And We Can’t Breath - Onyedika by AnonPoet: 7:27pm On Sep 22, 2020
In the Face of a Global Pandemic, Willie Obiano Choose to Frustrate Ndi-Anambra with Multi-Taxation

It’s very pathetic that when other state governors are giving tax relief and break, the governor of Anambra state who has not been able to prove what he has done with all the money he inherited from his predecessor, is busy imposing tax on traders and locking up markets and businesses.

Presently, Anambra is the least state when it comes to the ease of doing business in the country. It is obvious that Anambra has been on the reverse since the emergence of governor Obiano, traders have been complaining of low patronage due to the harassment their customers face in the hands of state hired louts when they come to buy in Onitsha – most customers from Ondo, Benin, Warri now choose Lagos as the favourite destination for buying.

The high taxation didn’t end with traders, it was as well extended to transporters, like Keke riders, urban mass drivers and others, you wonder why Asaba has taken over transportation hub from Onitsha, it’s due to uneasiness drivers face in Anambra, everyone now prefers to move to Asaba to board a bus.

The most worrisome part of this is that what Mr Obiano has been doing with all these revenues are not visible to eyes. The entire sector is collapsed, bad roads everywhere, dilapidated health institutions, decaying Education and no human capital development, you still wonder why investors are no longer finding Anambra attractive.

Truth is, for the average trader, marketer, rider, driver, farmers, small business owners and so on, Obiano is sitting on their neck and they can’t breathe.

By Onyedikachukwu Anambra.

https://leaders.ng/multi-taxation-obiano-is-sitting-on-our-neck-and-we-cant-breath-by-onyedikachukwu-anambra/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multi Taxation: Obiano Is Sitting On Our Neck And We Can’t Breath - Onyedika by F3dan: 7:38pm On Sep 22, 2020
It is well with ndi Anambra.

2 Likes

Re: Multi Taxation: Obiano Is Sitting On Our Neck And We Can’t Breath - Onyedika by Mercifullheart: 7:41pm On Sep 22, 2020
Too bad

2 Likes

Re: Multi Taxation: Obiano Is Sitting On Our Neck And We Can’t Breath - Onyedika by aare07(m): 7:41pm On Sep 22, 2020
Manage
Re: Multi Taxation: Obiano Is Sitting On Our Neck And We Can’t Breath - Onyedika by sexyking1: 7:41pm On Sep 22, 2020
Obiakpo we can't breath!

5 Likes

Re: Multi Taxation: Obiano Is Sitting On Our Neck And We Can’t Breath - Onyedika by Samfloxin(m): 7:42pm On Sep 22, 2020
Obiano why?
Re: Multi Taxation: Obiano Is Sitting On Our Neck And We Can’t Breath - Onyedika by Ekejoestar(m): 7:43pm On Sep 22, 2020
Mr Governor, becareful because na express you dey go.... Motor fit jam you if you no reason wella

9 Likes

Re: Multi Taxation: Obiano Is Sitting On Our Neck And We Can’t Breath - Onyedika by MrTAnonymous(m): 7:43pm On Sep 22, 2020
Tax and nothing to show for it. Bad roads, no electricity power supply, high rate of tuition fee in government owned tertiary institution, no industry, employment rate on the rise, fuel hike every year, poor health centres. etc

Please somebody should tell me why we need to pay more taxes when the ones we are paying has not been accounted for. undecided

I weep for this country cry

Incase you don't know na me talk

4 Likes

Re: Multi Taxation: Obiano Is Sitting On Our Neck And We Can’t Breath - Onyedika by socialmediaman: 7:43pm On Sep 22, 2020
Re: Multi Taxation: Obiano Is Sitting On Our Neck And We Can’t Breath - Onyedika by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 22, 2020
I have said it countless times that Obiano is a disaster in Anambra state.

Apga has failed woefully under Obiano

Those people defending Obiano failure of governance are just paid pick-pockets

For over 7 years nothing to show for it..

Make una continue kpokuwe dike.

Agbacha egwu onaa na ukwu.

23 Likes

Re: Multi Taxation: Obiano Is Sitting On Our Neck And We Can’t Breath - Onyedika by Grateful007: 7:43pm On Sep 22, 2020
okay
Re: Multi Taxation: Obiano Is Sitting On Our Neck And We Can’t Breath - Onyedika by loveth360(f): 7:44pm On Sep 22, 2020
Na agboro own tire person pass.

You carry load for head they will ask you to pay for load you dey carry for head.

Load na your Load,head na your head,the strength you use in carrying it na your strength.

Things we only see and hear in south west is now happening in East.

Truly “Bad company corrupts good character”

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Multi Taxation: Obiano Is Sitting On Our Neck And We Can’t Breath - Onyedika by Teibaba(m): 7:44pm On Sep 22, 2020
Kai this is a tough one.

Ermmm....just forgive and forget

cool cool
Re: Multi Taxation: Obiano Is Sitting On Our Neck And We Can’t Breath - Onyedika by RoSeMaRyA(f): 7:44pm On Sep 22, 2020
I just hope he listen to our cries.
Re: Multi Taxation: Obiano Is Sitting On Our Neck And We Can’t Breath - Onyedika by manuel4real(m): 7:44pm On Sep 22, 2020
Re: Multi Taxation: Obiano Is Sitting On Our Neck And We Can’t Breath - Onyedika by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:45pm On Sep 22, 2020
Things are happening shocked

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Multi Taxation: Obiano Is Sitting On Our Neck And We Can’t Breath - Onyedika by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 22, 2020
Obiano is a failure .
We must reject Apga in 2021

4 Likes

Re: Multi Taxation: Obiano Is Sitting On Our Neck And We Can’t Breath - Onyedika by Engrduke: 7:49pm On Sep 22, 2020
Just pray for the governor.

Anambra no be Lagos o.
Re: Multi Taxation: Obiano Is Sitting On Our Neck And We Can’t Breath - Onyedika by higgs: 7:51pm On Sep 22, 2020
We can't breathe.Ease of doing business in Anambra is zero.

2 Likes

Re: Multi Taxation: Obiano Is Sitting On Our Neck And We Can’t Breath - Onyedika by omeke12(m): 7:51pm On Sep 22, 2020
a
Re: Multi Taxation: Obiano Is Sitting On Our Neck And We Can’t Breath - Onyedika by dhardline(m): 7:56pm On Sep 22, 2020
Very true. My brother mentioned this to me some weeks back and when I passed Onitsha too there was so much disturbance on anyone carrying bags thru the market even as little as a traveling bag. Obiano should do something about those touts as soon as possible before they destroy the economic impacts of those major markets.

6 Likes

Re: Multi Taxation: Obiano Is Sitting On Our Neck And We Can’t Breath - Onyedika by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:01pm On Sep 22, 2020
Obiano is now a total disgrace to ndi Aguleri, ndi Anambra north senatorial district, ndi Anambra as a state and ndi igbo in general.

4 Likes

Re: Multi Taxation: Obiano Is Sitting On Our Neck And We Can’t Breath - Onyedika by Bkayyy: 8:02pm On Sep 22, 2020
Please ndị anambra ibem. Someone asked me this question some days ago and I had a hard time with it. Please can someone help me with the answer.
The question is this,
What has Obiano done for the past eight years, putting road and visible infrastructure in consideration apart from the pedestrian flyover in upper iweka and the heap of mud (shame) overhead bridges in Awka?

7 Likes

Re: Multi Taxation: Obiano Is Sitting On Our Neck And We Can’t Breath - Onyedika by omeke12(m): 8:04pm On Sep 22, 2020
the worst governor since mbafinuju in 2003
make me weep when I see what Obiano is turning anambra state into
state government backed touts and agberos everywhere
the other day, I bought some loads of goods at main market, spent up to 5000 on touts and agberos from main market to Awada
if you don't stay in Anambra, u will never understand how bad Obiano's government is
no single road in over 8 years now...most roads in Onitsha are getting less motorable by the day... not even 1 road
from asaba bridge to main market is now almost 1_hour journey due to unbelievably bad roads
in the abyssmal roads, all sorts of government touts and agberos keeps extorting money from Onitsha inhabitants and traders from neighboring states
the part that makes me weep is that by next year, he will bow out and will answer to no one about how he made life so difficult for Onitsha and ndi anambra
the question I keep asking myself when ever i think about "bad governance in nigeria" is,,,,

"is there hope..?"
Obiano please let us breathe
its 7 years now..
let us breathe even if its for this last 1 year

15 Likes

Re: Multi Taxation: Obiano Is Sitting On Our Neck And We Can’t Breath - Onyedika by upper(m): 8:04pm On Sep 22, 2020
I am setting up a Medical Diagnostics Centre along Onitsha-Owerri Expressway, Ihiala. I placed a banner in front of office. The next day an officer from Anambra State Signage and Advertising Agency pasted a bill of twenty thousand Naira being a licence fee for outdoor on my door. They did not even wait for me to officially open the centre. If not that I have invested a lotof money, I would have closed up because if ordinary signage licence could cost #20,000 for September-December, 2020, what will they charge me for business premises plus other multiple taxations.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multi Taxation: Obiano Is Sitting On Our Neck And We Can’t Breath - Onyedika by skaramanga: 8:04pm On Sep 22, 2020
Typical
Re: Multi Taxation: Obiano Is Sitting On Our Neck And We Can’t Breath - Onyedika by TabletMan: 8:04pm On Sep 22, 2020
obiano is a failure .
Niger street
Bida road
okwei street
Kano street
Johnson street
New market road
Old market road
All the above roads leads to main market and all of them is very very bad. Yet we have different types of Agbero collecting money even from people who carry load on their head.
Next year Obiano will come there to campaign for soludo

10 Likes

Re: Multi Taxation: Obiano Is Sitting On Our Neck And We Can’t Breath - Onyedika by Bkayyy: 8:07pm On Sep 22, 2020
BeeBeeOoh:
Obiano is now a total disgrace to ndi Aguleri, ndi Anambra north senatorial district, ndi Anambra as a state and ndi igbo in general.
Nna eh, if failure had a name, Obiano would have been the surname

5 Likes

Re: Multi Taxation: Obiano Is Sitting On Our Neck And We Can’t Breath - Onyedika by Bullpenn11: 8:08pm On Sep 22, 2020
TabletMan:
obiano is a failure .

EVEN AMERICANS KNOW OBIANO THE DRUNKARD IS A TOTAL FAILURE AS HE WAS ROUNDLY DISGRACED BY THE GOVERNOR OF TEXAS TWO DAYS AGO AS WASR REPORTED BY THE US PRESS...

Texas Governor Snubs Obiano, refuses to see him

https://africadailynews.net/2020/09/19/texas-gov-greg-abbot-snubs-obiano-refuses-to-see-him.html

The Governor of Texas in the USA, Mr. Gregory Wayne Abbott has refused to see Gov. Willie Obiano citing what he called “inauspicious times.”

Investigations reveal that Gov. Willie Obiano, long before the COVID restrictions, had requested and got appointment to see the Governor of Texas to discuss how Anambra and Texas would cooperate. The date for the meeting was fixed for the 16th of September, 2020.

Gov. Willie Obiano apparently not aware that the Government of Texas, as well as all the States in the USA had cancelled all fixed appointments because of COVID-19 pandemics “pending agreement on new date and in due time.”

All efforts to reschedule the meeting now that Gov. Willie Obiano is in the USA was rebuffed by the Government of Texas as a clear sign of insensitivity, even when Gov. Obiano said he had to charter an airplane to be in the USA for the meeting.

In an apology letter to Obiano signed by Texas Director of protocol, he explained that since COVID-19 pandemics, that no governor in the USA had travelled out of his state “or expected any meeting at a time like this.”

Obiano who planned to be in the USA for three weeks is said to be planning to return home next week.

Published in the USA based African Daily News that is focused on USA/African relationship

2 Likes

Re: Multi Taxation: Obiano Is Sitting On Our Neck And We Can’t Breath - Onyedika by Bkayyy: 8:11pm On Sep 22, 2020
omeke12:
the worst governor since mbafinuju in 2003
make me weep when I see what Obiano is turning anambra state into
state government backed touts and agberos everywhere
the other day, I bought some loads of goods at main market, spent up to 5000 on touts and agberos from main market to Awada
if you don't stay in Anambra, u will never understand how bad Obiano's government is
no single road in over 8 years now...most roads in Onitsha are getting less motorable by the day... not even 1 road
from asaba bridge to main market is now almost 1_hour journey due to unbelievably bad roads
in the abyssmal roads, all sorts of government touts and agberos keeps extorting money from Onitsha inhabitants and traders from neighboring states
the part that makes me weep is that by next year, he will bow out and will answer to no one about how he made life so difficult for Onitsha and ndi anambra
the question I keep asking myself when ever i think about "bad governance in nigeria" is,,,,

"is there hope..?"
Obiano please let us breathe
its 7 years now..
let us breathe even if its for this last 1 year
As in eh, nothing.
NO single road for eight years, just piles of nonsense he called overhead bridges in Awka.
Our state is currently being run by agbero. You can't carry load in peace in your own state without being harassed by immigrant touts.
In short we don't have a state

10 Likes

Re: Multi Taxation: Obiano Is Sitting On Our Neck And We Can’t Breath - Onyedika by hisgrace090: 8:58pm On Sep 22, 2020
I have been saying this for long.
Re: Multi Taxation: Obiano Is Sitting On Our Neck And We Can’t Breath - Onyedika by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:58pm On Sep 22, 2020
Bkayyy:

Nna eh, if failure had a name, Obiano would have been the surname
It has never been this bad in Anambra state before

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu: I Won’t Beg For My Freedom / Pictures From Accord Party's Kogi Central Tour / CBN Recruitment Scam, A Grand Betrayal Of Change Mantra - Caleb Ayansina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.