Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God (24797 Views)

South African Pastor Preaches From Inside Coffin / Pastor Preaches To His Congregation From On Top Of His Hummer Jeep (Photo) / Pastor Adeboye Warns Members About Sister Linda's Message Of Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by KunleOshob(m): 11:36am On Mar 02, 2011
Snowwy:

Kunle Oshob,
Please show us the right church we should attend since all churches are fraudulent to you.
I am sure lots of people on Nairaland await your response.

I have also noticed you are never consistent. You say you agree with Alexleo's post were he says there is nothing wrong with using money to give tithe.
Yet you say tithe is fraudulent! Why do you keep shifting the goal post? It seems you only make comments based based on your feelings.

Bros i am very consistent it is you that fails to understand me. I have no qualms with people giving any percentage of their income to the church they if they so desire, what i detest and resent is the fraudlent manipulation of scripture which the mordern day tithing doctrine is derived from. And pastors that preach this fraud. If a pastor makes it clear to members that as christians they are not under any obligation to tithe of their income but he still encourges them to devote a certain percentage of their income[which members would determine themselves] to the church then he woul be in order. But twisting the word of God in Malachi 3 to extort ten percent of members income via preaching compulsary tithing is not only manipulative but is evil, callous and contrary to the will of God. It is the manipulation of God's word to extort tithes that i condenm, not the innocent victims that are striving to do the will of God and trust their pastor to tell them the truth.
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by Snowwy: 11:43am On Mar 02, 2011
KunleOshob:

Any church that preaches the fraudulent doctrine of tithe as mandatory or compulsary for christians is corrupted and NOT preaching the true message of God. God would not dwell in a church were his children are being fleeced.

@Alexleo
the churches you okayed also preach this fraudulent doctrine as mandatory/compulsary so they can't be as good as you try to make them out to be.

Kunle,
The above is just one and I will not bother going to pull previous posts where you have said it is fraudulent as it's on other threads on nairaland. So this is not a matter of misunderstanding you. You have said it time and time again. And to add, you have qualms that people give to church at all, as to you, you see it as 'enriching the thieving MOGs'.

Now to the first question, please show us where to worship since, as you claim, most churches are 'fraudulent'.
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by PastorAIO: 12:22pm On Mar 02, 2011
"Jesus said to her, "Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father. You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews. But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and (in) truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."" (John 4:21-24, NKJV)
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by Enigma(m): 12:45pm On Mar 02, 2011
Matthew 18:20

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by KunleOshob(m): 1:37pm On Mar 02, 2011
@snowwy
Can you comprehend english at all I already went to lenghts to explain my position to you yet you are still asking silly questions. As i said earlier the preaching of tithes as compulsary or mandatory for christians is manipulative and fraudulent. It is the manipulative and abusive preaching by pastors i speak out against and not christians who decided on their own volition decide to give towards the work of the gospel. Pastors are duty bound to speak the truth ad let their congregation know the truth about tithes. And tithing the way it is preached today is fraudulent. if a pastor lets his members know that it is not compulsary or mandatory but still encourages them to give a certain percentage of their income then he is in order but as long as it is preached as compulsary or mandatory it remains a fraud. angry
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by Snowwy: 1:56pm On Mar 02, 2011
grin
@Enigma/Pastor AIO ,
you seem to rise to defense of your 'brother' often. I guess you guys do not see anything wrong in his posts or words just as you claim believers see nothing wrong in their pastors. I have known Kunle to always dodge when asked questions, he hides behind people like you.

If you both tell me you do not attend church then I will understand why you talk the way you do.
If you think that standing aloof is the best form of your new religion then fine but as long as more people are added to the body of Christ, you cannot remove a specific place to assemble for fellowship and that is how we grow.

Hebrews 10:24.  And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, 25.  not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

1 John 2:18.  Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. 19.  They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.

3 John 1:9.  I wrote to the church, but Diotrephes, who loves to have the preeminence among them, does not receive us. 10.  Therefore, if I come, I will call to mind his deeds which he does, prating against us with malicious words. And not content with that, he himself does not receive the brethren, and forbids those who wish to, putting them out of the church.

They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching
and to the fellowship
to the breaking of bread and to prayer." Acts 2: 40-42

Acts 2:1 The Holy Spirit Comes at Pentecost When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent.

Kunle,
You cannot swallow your words now. Have I not shown you:

Any church that preaches the fraudulent doctrine of tithe as mandatory or compulsary' is different from 'Any church that preaches tithe as mandatory or compulsary preaches a fraudulent doctrine'

'the churches you okayed also preach this fraudulent doctrine as mandatory/compulsary' is not the same as 'the churches you okayed also preach tithe as mandatory/compulsary are fraudulent'

So you should be the one to understand English better, stop misleading people and hiding behind the play of words.
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by alexleo(m): 2:01pm On Mar 02, 2011
@oluite ,
yes there is no church in heaven but before we get to heaven we attend churches here where we fellowship and prepare for heaven. If churches continue with only this prosperity preaching while neglecting holiness which is the number one qualification for heaven it means that many souls will only pass through the church and land in hell at last. There is nothing wrong in  mentioning churches where the message of holiness is being preached in its fulness. Somebody out there who is desirous of such churches will benefit from the info. The truth is that there are many people who hunger and thirst after righteousness but has not been exposed to where they can get it in full. Internet is a place where info is passed. Bless you.
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by Snowwy: 2:11pm On Mar 02, 2011
KunleOshob:

@snowwy
Can you comprehend english at all I already went to lenghts to explain my position to you yet you are still asking silly questions. As i said earlier the preaching of tithes as compulsary or mandatory for christians is manipulative and fraudulent. It is the manipulative and abusive preaching by pastors i speak out against and not christians who decided on their own volition decide to give towards the work of the gospel. Pastors are duty bound to speak the truth ad let their congregation know the truth about tithes. And tithing the way it is preached today is fraudulent. if a pastor lets his members know that it is not compulsary or mandatory but still encourages them to give a certain percentage of their income then he is in order but as long as it is preached as compulsary or mandatory it remains a fraud. angry

Thank you Kunle.
So now tithing is ok as long as it is not compulsory or mandatory right? That is good, at least now I have a good idea of your opinion.

Pastor AIO, its seems Kunle and you differ on the point of tithe as he has cleared my misconception. He says tithing is ok as long as its not compulsory or mandatory and any pastor (pray tell us which church this 'pastor' is as Kunle is yet to mention a church yet)who encourages his members to give a certain percentage (it could be 10% or even 90%) of their income is in order.
cheesy
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by PastorAIO: 3:17pm On Mar 02, 2011
Snowwy:

Pastor AIO, its seems Kunle and you differ on the point of tithe as he has cleared my misconception. He says tithing is ok as long as its not compulsory or mandatory and any pastor (pray tell us which church this 'pastor' is as Kunle is yet to mention a church yet)who encourages his members to give a certain percentage (it could be 10% or even 90%) of their income is in order.
cheesy

Snowwy:

grin
@Enigma/Pastor AIO ,
you seem to rise to defense of your 'brother' often. I guess you guys do not see anything wrong in his posts or words just as you claim believers see nothing wrong in their pastors. I have known Kunle to always dodge when asked questions, he hides behind people like you.

I do not rise to defense of any 'brother' here. I rise to the defense of the TRUTH. It would indeed seem that we differ on the point of tithe. It is probably not the only thing that we will differ on, what is wrong with that. It seems to be tickling you. Otherwise why are you grinning like monkey.

Any gathering in the name of christ whether it is of two people or more is a church. It is a fellowship, an assembly. Church shouldn't mean the corrupting degenerate corporations which do not practice a single thing that is recognizably christian.

You should study better what christian fellowship is about. You yourself quoted acts:

They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching
and to the fellowship,
to the breaking of bread and to prayer." Acts 2: 40-42

Now tell me, in which one of the churches that Alexleo mentioned, or that you go to, do they devote themselves to the breaking of bread. In which of your churches to people come together to eat in Christ bound fellowship? I can bet you none. All that goes on is pep talk, and psychological feel good rhetoric. and then some singing and clapping and some staged theatrics. And of course the climax of the whole affair is donation time. That is when the music really starts swinging. Tithing time, to the beat everybody!
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by Zikkyy(m): 3:17pm On Mar 02, 2011
Snowwy:

There is nothing wrong in you giving a percentage of your income to the church (as a registered entity), but the decision has to be yours. Pastors should not be the one to determine the percentage you give. I would prefer pastors encouraging members to give without specifying the percentage amount.
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by Zikkyy(m): 3:21pm On Mar 02, 2011
Pastor AIO:

And of course the climax of the whole affair is donation time. That is when the music really starts swinging. Tithing time, to the beat everybody!

Yes oooo grin
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by alexleo(m): 4:19pm On Mar 02, 2011
@pastoAIO ,
those churches I mentioned , especially deeper life , Fishermen ministry and the Apostolic Faith Church are not money conscious like we see in churches today. They are more interested in your being prepared for heaven thats why when you worship with them you will hardly hear all this money money talk. Soul preparation for eternity remains the major thing for us as christians. Heaven is more important to me than all the world put together and God will grant me heaven. Amen.
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by ogajim(m): 4:45pm On Mar 02, 2011
Like I have said on numerous times on NL, I don't have any problem with folks giving their money to help support their local place of assembly/worship but what I don't find in our Bible is the INSTRUCTION to give a certain percentage to support the "ministry". A Christian should be able to make the call as to what to do with his/her resources be it giving straight to the poor/widow/orphan/stranger around you or support a Church local or not without being called DISOBEDIENT, THIEF, etc.
Jesus Christ said to LOVE/help one another, not support DREAMS of fellow men whether you can afford to or not. I have seen folks who won't help their parents/siblings or others because "I have to pay my tithe first", where is the LOVE in that?
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by ikejiani: 7:25pm On Mar 02, 2011
It is Evident that those that don't pay Tithe are those that love money. The word of God produces result. Why do you think Christians should pay their tithe?. The gospel is free but not cheap. It requires a lot of money to preach the gospel. Tithes are used by churches in organising crusades all around the world. Nobody commissioned you to determine churches that preach the word of God or not. Please, let me ask you a question? Are you wealthy. Is your not paying tithe produced result for you. Those that pay tithe are being mightily blessed of God. I will advice you to study your bible and not be tight fisted and let someone hear the gospel through your giving.
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by PastorAIO: 8:22pm On Mar 02, 2011
ikejiani:

It is Evident that those that don't pay Tithe are those that love money. The word of God produces result. Why do you think Christians should pay their tithe?. The gospel is free but not cheap. It requires a lot of money to preach the gospel. Tithes are used by churches in organising crusades all around the world. Nobody commissioned you to determine churches that preach the word of God or not. Please, let me ask you a question? Are you wealthy. Is your not paying tithe produced result for you. Those that pay tithe are being mightily blessed of God. I will advice you to study your bible and not be tight fisted and let someone hear the gospel through your giving.

And here is a perfect example of a product of fake christianity. I'm so glad this guy posted. Now check out his words in the bolded part with is a commonly taught thing in these dens of mendacious nonsense. Now compare them to the words of Jesus in the first great commission.

7And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. 8Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. 9Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses, 10Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat.

How are the two compared? Are they not diametrically opposed to each other? Jesus has told us how he wants us to spread the gospel and he specifically instructs us not to make any financial provisions. So whatever it is that those greedy assemblies of Satan are requiring all that money for, all those rallies and crusades and whatnots - what is for certain is that it is not of Jesus.
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by ogajim(m): 9:14pm On Mar 02, 2011
ikejiani:

Pastor AIO has already addressed your "concerns"

Now you need to actually STUDY your Bible instead of regurgitating the same nonsense your are being fed by those who are after your wallet.

Who told you my reason for giving my life to Christ is to be wealthy? Some of us don't need "wealth" or the promise of it to serve our Lord and savior. Giving in order to receive is investment banking not worship.
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by Zikkyy(m): 9:16pm On Mar 02, 2011
Pastor AIO:

And here is a perfect example of a product of fake christianity. I'm so glad this guy posted. Now check out his words in the bolded part with is a commonly taught thing in these dens of mendacious nonsense. Now compare them to the words of Jesus in the first great commission.

I want to believe he is a pastor.

ikejiani:

It is Evident that those that don't pay Tithe are those that love money.

And where is the evidence?

ikejiani:

Why do you think Christians should pay their tithe?.

Good question, why really do you think people pay tithe? Do you think it’s because they want to spread the gospel? Or do you think it’s because they want to be the next Bill Gates or Warren Buffet?

ikejiani:

The gospel is free but not cheap.

It was never Christ’s intention that the gospel be expensive, you made it so. Apostle Paul spent very little to spread the gospel. His letters are read by billions of people today in different part of the world. How do you think he achieved it? Do you think Apostle Paul was collecting cash (fraudulently or legitimately) to spread the gospel you read today? Read the bible to discover his approach, adopt it and you might be able to take it further at very little cost.

ikejiani:

It requires a lot of money to preach the gospel. 

So you must hoodwink the congregation into supporting/funding your so called gospel. You don’t preach the gospel, instead you teach people to be greedy, selfish, to lust for material wealth e.t.c. If you preach the true gospel, you won’t need tithe to spread it. You know why? People would give (contribute) in excess of what you collect from tithe to meet any need.

ikejiani:

Those that pay tithe are being mightily blessed of God.

And those that don’t pay tithe are also mightily blessed of God. So what exactly are you saying?
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by Zikkyy(m): 9:36pm On Mar 02, 2011
ogajim:

Who told you my reason for giving my life to Christ is to be wealthy? Some of us don't need "wealth" or the promise of it to serve our Lord and savior. Giving in order to receive is investment banking not worship.

I am not sure they ever thought people would give their life to Christ for free. In their book, Christ paid the initial sacrifice on the cross and must continue to pay to buy the loyalty/cooperation of Christians. Don’t blame him though, i blame the politicians that made our economy what it is today. A lot of people go to ‘church’ due to life’s challenges and they are vulnerable to ‘pastoral exploitation’.
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by alexleo(m): 10:13pm On Mar 02, 2011
Giving tithe and offering is not bad at all like i ve always said. Again the blessings attached to it in malachi is real and happening in our own time. I am a living testimony to this fact. But the problem i have with most of this new generation churches is the way they have used this money money preaching to attract people in their churches rather than the core message which is holiness without which no man shall see God. This  has only succeeded in promoting greed and corruption among so called christians with a lot of them committing fraud in their various offices which was hitherto unheard of in those days when holiness used to be the core message of the church.
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by ikejiani: 12:13am On Mar 03, 2011
First of all . You don't preach above peoples head. People have real problems. When someone is demon possessed, you cast out the demon from him. When someone is sick with an incurable disease and if there is a God in heaven. God should be able to heal him. So what do you do when someone needs a financial miracle .you don' tell the person only to live right and think about heaven when there are real bills to pay here on earth. The word of God should be able to minister to the person and provide the miracles he needs. 90% of peoples problem here on earth are financially related and God should meet them at the point of their needs.
Se
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by ikejiani: 12:26am On Mar 03, 2011
If you don't want to be wealthy. First you are not sincere for everyone wants to do well in life. Do you work? Don't you want to have a pay raise at work. Secondly we need to be wealthy to help suffering masses around us. The poor cannot help the poor. It is only the rich that can help the poor.
Also giving is an act of righteousness . Jesus said where a mans treasure is there his heart is also. Money is an amplifier. A smoker will use his money for more cigarettes but a righteous man should use his money to advance the kingdom of God. I know you must have gotten the gideons bible free not to be sold when you were young. Those bibles were paid of by someone else in other to bring
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by ikejiani: 12:34am On Mar 03, 2011
Those gideons bibles were paid for by someone like you in other to bring the word of God to a dying world. I know you have never sent couples of bibles to people free of charge. This is why we need to be wealthy to be able to do acts of righteousness. There is a lot of dirty programmes on television. Inbelivers can never put Christian programs on air for us. Paying for airtime on television costs a lot of money and we are to do something about spreading the gospel and bringing into peoples homes that they might hear it free of charge. But it takes a lot of money to do so. So any Christian that doesn't want to be wealthy is selfish. For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the lord as the waters covers the see.
It
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by ikejiani: 12:46am On Mar 03, 2011
Holiness means to be separated and set apart. It is being set apart for a divine use. Our monies are also set apart for divine use.Abraham the father of faith was wealthy and God blessed him. No man can truelly serve God without being blessed. All those that walked with God experienced financial and material blessings while here on earth. The gospel promises salvation for the tital man. Spirit soul and body.it is impossible to serve God without the hand of God being evident in the things you do.
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by Snowwy: 7:14am On Mar 03, 2011
Pastor AIO:

I do not rise to defense of any 'brother' here. I rise to the defense of the TRUTH. It would indeed seem that we differ on the point of tithe. It is probably not the only thing that we will differ on, what is wrong with that. It seems to be tickling you. Otherwise why are you grinning like monkey.

Any gathering in the name of christ whether it is of two people or more is a church. It is a fellowship, an assembly. Church shouldn't mean the corrupting degenerate corporations which do not practice a single thing that is recognizably christian.

You should study better what christian fellowship is about. You yourself quoted acts:

Now tell me, in which one of the churches that Alexleo mentioned, or that you go to, do they devote themselves to the breaking of bread. In which of your churches to people come together to eat in Christ bound fellowship? I can bet you none. All that goes on is pep talk, and psychological feel good rhetoric. and then some singing and clapping and some staged theatrics. And of course the climax of the whole affair is donation time. That is when the music really starts swinging. Tithing time, to the beat everybody!

@Pastor AIO,
That is where you are wrong.
Breaking bread has different meanings as seen from the scriptures below. Christians come together to 'break bread' just as Jesus did in the verse below in holy communion. Also there are programmes where Christians come to hear the word of God and are fed. Beyond that when fellowship is done in homes too, food is served sometimes.

Luke 22:19 And he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.”

Acts 2:44-47 And all who believed were together and had all things in common. And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need. And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved.

Acts 20:7 
On the first day of the week, when we were gathered together to break bread, Paul talked with them, intending to depart on the next day, and he prolonged his speech until midnight.

So I don't know what you mean by picking on that scripture only. What do you have to say about the others scriptures I quoted in the post? Nothing?

[b]While you claim to look for a church like the time of Paul, you forget that these people sold their possessions and brought the proceeds to the feet of the apostles.
Yet you complain about tithe.
Have you done what they have done? Is that not where the scripture also came:

Acts 6: 1-4
1 In those days when the number of disciples was increasing, the Hellenistic Jews[a] among them complained against the Hebraic Jews because their widows were being overlooked in the daily distribution of food. 2 So the Twelve gathered all the disciples together and said, “It would not be right for us to neglect the ministry of the word of God in order to wait on tables. 3 Brothers and sisters, choose seven men from among you who are known to be full of the Spirit and wisdom. We will turn this responsibility over to them 4 and will give our attention to prayer and the ministry of the word.”[/b]

There is the welfare arm in most churches so you can decide to join one, since you have the passion, if you decide to go to 'church'.
Cheers
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by PastorAIO: 7:30am On Mar 03, 2011
This Ikejiani guy is not saved.  He is a demoniac.

ikejiani:

First of all . You don't preach above peoples head. People have real problems. When someone is demon possessed, you cast out the demon from him. When someone is sick with an incurable disease and if there is a God in heaven. God should be able to heal him. So what do you do when someone needs a financial miracle .you don' tell the person only to live right and think about heaven when there are real bills to pay here on earth. [/b]The word of God should be able to minister to the person and provide the miracles he needs. 90% of peoples problem here on earth are financially related and God should meet them at the point of their needs.
Se

31Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32(For after all these things do the Gentiles seeksmiley for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.[b] 33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Matt 6

Do you really think that there were no poor people around Jesus when he was preaching?  Why then did he teach people to take no thought for these material things?  Why are you preaching the exact diametrical opposite of what Jesus taught and still calling yourself a christian?

ikejiani:

If you don't want to be wealthy. First you are not sincere for everyone wants to do well in life. Do you work? Don't you want to have a pay raise at work. Secondly we need to be wealthy to help suffering masses around us. The poor cannot help the poor. It is only the rich that can help the poor.
Also giving is an act of righteousness . Jesus said where a mans treasure is there his heart is also. Money is an amplifier. A smoker will use his money for more cigarettes but a righteous man should use his money to advance the kingdom of God. I know you must have gotten the gideons bible free not to be sold when you were young. Those bibles were paid of by someone else in other to bring

Everybody can want to be wealthy, but christians recognise this urge to be a part of their carnal nature.  It is not to be encouraged.  There is no man that doesn't want to knack every fine gboyen that should breeze past his way, that doesn't mean that it is okay for him to allow that impulse to manifest.  
A man's treasure is where his heart is.  If your treasure is money then your heart will be in money, but if your treasure is in the kingdom of God then that is where your heart will be too.

Don't you wonder that the more pentecostalism spreads in Nigeria the more benighted and bedeviled the country has become?  It is like Satan has concentrated all his forces on that country and his barracks are the prosperity gospel churches.

ikejiani:

Those gideons bibles were paid for by someone like you in other to bring the word of God to a dying world. I know you have never sent couples of bibles to people free of charge. This is why we need to be wealthy to be able to do acts of righteousness. There is a lot of dirty programmes on television. Inbelivers can never put Christian programs on air for us. Paying for airtime on television costs a lot of money and we are to do something about spreading the gospel and bringing into peoples homes that they might hear it free of charge. But it takes a lot of money to do so. So any Christian that doesn't want to be wealthy is selfish. For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the lord as the waters covers the see.
It

But Jesus has stipulated exactly how he wants his gospel to be spread.  Let me be generous to you and suppose that you are just consumed with zeal that is leading you to overdo.   Remember Uzza, the servant of King David.  He merely wanted to stop the ark from falling and so he supported it, and God struck him dead.  Despite his best intentions the instruction was that no one should touch the ark of the covenant.  Obedience is  better than sacrifice.  There is no overdo inside.

22And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

23For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.
1 Samuel chapter 15

King Saul, with the best intentions, kept the choicest spoils from the battle with the Amalekites in order to make a burnt offering to the Lord.  Listen carefully to Samuel's words.  

Jesus has set clear instructions of how his gospel is to be spread.  And indeed to disobey no matter how well intended is wrong.  For 'Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft'.
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by PastorAIO: 7:31am On Mar 03, 2011
ikejiani:

Holiness means to be separated and set apart. It is being set apart for a divine use. Our monies are also set apart for divine use.Abraham the father of faith was wealthy and God blessed him. No man can truelly serve God without being blessed. All those that walked with God experienced financial and material blessings while here on earth. The gospel promises salvation for the tital man. Spirit soul and body.it is impossible to serve God without the hand of God being evident in the things you do.

actually Holiness means to be Whole. To be pure, untainted.
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by PastorAIO: 7:49am On Mar 03, 2011
Snowwy:

@Pastor AIO,
That is where you are wrong.

Mr. Man, I asked a simple question.
in which one of the churches that Alexleo mentioned, or that you go to, do they devote themselves to the breaking of bread. In which of your churches to people come together to eat in Christ bound fellowship?

. . . and you tell me that I am wrong. How can a question be wrong? Please tell me the church that Alex leo mentioned that breaks bread and partakes of food with each other. It is a very simple question.

Breaking bread has different meanings as seen from the scriptures below. Christians come together to 'break bread' just as Jesus did in the verse below in holy communion. Also there are programmes where Christians come to hear the word of God and are fed. Beyond that when fellowship is done in homes too, food is served sometimes.

Luke 22:19 And he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.”

Acts 2:44-47 And all who believed were together and had all things in common. And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need. And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved.

Acts 20:7
On the first day of the week, when we were gathered together to break bread, Paul talked with them, intending to depart on the next day, and he prolonged his speech until midnight.

There is only one way I understand the breaking of bread. And that is feasting together in a communion with fellow christians. It is at the heart of christianity. It is not practiced in any of your fake demon infested churches.
As regards the other verses you mentioned. Yes I fellowship but not with devils. From Devils I flee. I don't know what corrupting influence might affect me if I expose myself to too much pentecostalism. Just being on NL alone sometimes I feel like my energy is belng polluted. At one point I realised that it was affecting me to the extent that I had squabbling and arguing in my mind all the time. So I took a break.

While you claim to look for a church like the time of Paul, you forget that these people sold their possessions and brought the proceeds to the feet of the apostles.
Yet you complain about tithe. Have you done what they have done? Is that not where the scripture also came:

Acts 6: 1-4
1 In those days when the number of disciples was increasing, the Hellenistic Jews[a] among them complained against the Hebraic Jews because their widows were being overlooked in the daily distribution of food. 2 So the Twelve gathered all the disciples together and said, “It would not be right for us to neglect the ministry of the word of God in order to wait on tables. 3 Brothers and sisters, choose seven men from among you who are known to be full of the Spirit and wisdom. We will turn this responsibility over to them 4 and will give our attention to prayer and the ministry of the word.”

There is the welfare arm in most churches so you can decide to join one, since you have the passion, if you decide to go to 'church'.

Actually the gave of their possessions to the extent that they felt comfortable with. Ananias and Sapphira erred by pretending that they were giving all when they kept a part to themselves. Yet it was their own property to do as they wished and it was not by force. That was what Peter told them.

Please tell me about the welfare arm in your church because I am certain that that is just a fabrication. I do not expect there to be any truth in you. Of course I could be wrong. but that would confound my expectations.
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by Snowwy: 8:42am On Mar 03, 2011
@Pastor AIO,
It seems there is no use having an objective discussion with you.

1. I said 'that is where you are wrong' because you answered the question yourself 'I can bet you none.'

2. You should refer the question to Alexleo not me since he mentioned the churches. You seem to generalise alot.

3. Don't blame anyone for your 'understanding in only one way'. I gave you three  scriptural backings which you decided to ignore.
    Good you don't fellowship with devils. I think we should check who the devil is amongst them then.

4. The break you took did not seem to help as you are back squabbling again since you refuse to look at things according to the scriptures.

5. The people gave joyfully. Someone obviously started it and others followed suit and that is why the story of Ananias and Saphira came about.
   We give joyfully, I did not need a pastor to preach to me about tithe/giving. I was convinced by the scriptures.

6. It's no fabrication as I am actually in the welfare committee in my church doing good. What good are you doing where you fellowship? Criticising every good work in the body of Christ? I cannot see that 'office' in the bible.

So Pastor AIO, there is no need to squabble, I have tried to have an objective discussion with you (without name calling-which you have been doing on some of your posts) but since you have decided to have a mindset/subjective opinion, then all i can say is that you are entitled to it.
Cheers!
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by ikejiani: 8:58am On Mar 03, 2011
Ok. How did Jesus expect us to spread the gospel. How did Jesus get enough money to spread his gospel during his day. Read Luke 8:2-3 ' and certain women, which has been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called magdalene, out of whom went seven devils, and Joanna the wife of chuza herod's steward, and Susanna, and many others, which ministered unto him of their substance'  so Jesus had givers that supported his ministry financially. The main givers were mentioned and also many others. How did they respond if not that Jesus must have taught them. This were members of Jesus congregation . Jesus was the one who said , give and it shall be given onto you. Another question. Was Abraham the father of faith wealthy. Genesis 13:2' and abram was very rich in cattle, in silver , and in gold' Abraham was Gods friend and he was rich. So God expects us to be righteous and rich just like Abraham. You that talk about holiness. Are you holy. Are you pure and untainted. Are you already holy or are you pursuing holiness. Have you arrived at holiness or are you still pursuing it?
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by Zikkyy(m): 9:35am On Mar 03, 2011
ikejiani:

People have real problems. When someone is demon possessed, you cast out the demon from him. When someone is sick with an incurable disease and if there is a God in heaven. God should be able to heal him. So what do you do when someone needs a financial miracle .you don' tell the person only to live right and think about heaven when there are real bills to pay here on earth.

And you (or the church) need to collect money before this can be achieved?

ikejiani:

So what do you do when someone needs a financial miracle .you don' tell the person only to live right and think about heaven when there are real bills to pay here on earth.

So what do you tell him? To go steal or give God egunje so his prayers will be answered? Bribing the Almighty will not yield the desired result.

ikejiani:

The word of God should be able to minister to the person and provide the miracles he needs.

How do you achieve this 
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by Zikkyy(m): 9:43am On Mar 03, 2011
ikejiani:

Everybody want to be rich, but you don’t bribe God to achieve this.
Re: Here Are A Few Churches In Nigeria That Still Preaches The Real Message Of God by Zikkyy(m): 9:57am On Mar 03, 2011
ikejiani:

There is a lot of dirty programmes on television. Inbelivers can never put Christian programs on air for us. Paying for airtime on television costs a lot of money and we are to do something about spreading the gospel and bringing into peoples homes that they might hear it free of charge. But it takes a lot of money to do so.

You guys spend big money chasing small profit, that’s your problem. The pastor already have difficulty making good Christians out of the crowd that sits directly in front of him every Sunday (and sometimes on weekdays), what makes you think he will achieve more by splashing big money on media?

ikejiani:

So any Christian that doesn't want to be wealthy is selfish.

You mean Apostle Paul was selfish shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Satan, The Cherub That Covereth And The Inverted Pyramid / Hadith Forbidding Hellfire To Anyone Who Informs Another Of A New Month / Sharon Oyakhilome And Natasha Hinn Start Perspective 008 TV Show (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.