Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,591 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

10 Memorable Nigerian TV Characters Of The 80s & 90s - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 10 Memorable Nigerian TV Characters Of The 80s & 90s (43880 Views)

Reminiscence: Checkmate the Popular Nigerian TV Soap Opera Series) / Who Is Your Favourite Nigerian TV Host (pictures) / Top 7 Nostalgic Nigerian TV Commercials To Take You Down Memory Lane [video] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Memorable Nigerian TV Characters Of The 80s & 90s by Born2Breed(f): 3:53pm On Sep 23, 2020
Hotel D' Jordan.

Only my Bendel and Bayelsa crew go real fit relate.
Re: 10 Memorable Nigerian TV Characters Of The 80s & 90s by francotunsco: 3:56pm On Sep 23, 2020
The list isn't complete without the likes of

Ewejoko

Oyiboyi

Fatai Ajileye

Baba Suwe (Erin keeke)

Papilolo

Etc
Re: 10 Memorable Nigerian TV Characters Of The 80s & 90s by femi4: 3:56pm On Sep 23, 2020
robosky02:
Who was your favorite

For me na Jaguar .....my held oh my head ohhhh

https://www.google.com/search?q=jaguar+my+belle+oh+my+head+o&oq=jajua+my+bele+oh+my&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l2.15886j1j8&client=tablet-android-transsion&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#
Where is chief jegede Sokoya....the only millionaire in the whole universe.

Olu Jacobs : I wonder, I just wonder in "The third eye" series

2 Likes

Re: 10 Memorable Nigerian TV Characters Of The 80s & 90s by bhella10: 3:56pm On Sep 23, 2020
TheSERAPH:
How time flies.
This tv drama series and actors/actress were the
best of their time back then. Everyone is always
happy to watch some of this listed prog on tv
back then. Any age group can view all this drama
series without restriction or parental guidance
whatsoever. Unlike now that sexual activities
has taken over almost every TV stations and
media. Where the sexual content in media has
contribute to sexual activities among teens and
even children. People will say it's civilization
but they have forgotten that excuse won't be
entertained on the day of judgement. The best
time to flee any form of immolarity is now.
Repent people, the soon coming of Christ is at
hand.

#GODHaveMercy #RepentHumans #JESUSisComingSoon                 
You are right brother

1 Like

Re: 10 Memorable Nigerian TV Characters Of The 80s & 90s by BENEAMATA: 3:57pm On Sep 23, 2020
" tell me , for where dem born you ? " _
" nigeria ! " × 2

" because of austerity you want checkout ! "_
" oh no ! "
" because of money "
" because of harsh economy you want to run away " _
" oh no ! "
chorus
" i go do my best "
" i go try my best "
" for my papa laaaand "
" lai lai , i no go check out "
" lai lai , i no go run away "
" NIGERIA is my home ! !

_ Afolabi Afolayan a.k.a jaguar .
r.i.p
Re: 10 Memorable Nigerian TV Characters Of The 80s & 90s by Elvis295(m): 3:58pm On Sep 23, 2020
Madam the madam - real name is Asokariari Douglas. She is a Rivers state born actor. Currently lives in Port Harcourt. You can contact her on 09065070111.

Re: 10 Memorable Nigerian TV Characters Of The 80s & 90s by Amalekki: 3:59pm On Sep 23, 2020
Village Headmaster
Cck Crow at Dawn

Then some names like Nosa, Clarion Chukwura, Barbara Soky etc
Re: 10 Memorable Nigerian TV Characters Of The 80s & 90s by bhella10: 4:03pm On Sep 23, 2020
Mopolchi:
You eh! I was young then. NTA channel 2 and 10 were our all and all. We start watching TV from 4 'o' clock. Those colors first, then voltron. We had so many interesting dramas that kept us busy: Village headmaster, Willie Willie hot cash, New Masquerade, Things fall apart, Checkmate, Jaguar, Papa Aluwe, Behind the clouds, Papa Ajasco, Binta and Friends etc.
Yeah I remember now. First it was National Anthem then comes coming attraction. My favourite part was after NTA news. American Movie.

1 Like

Re: 10 Memorable Nigerian TV Characters Of The 80s & 90s by adekunleoluseyi(m): 4:05pm On Sep 23, 2020
What about Village Headmaster
Re: 10 Memorable Nigerian TV Characters Of The 80s & 90s by Superpower(m): 4:05pm On Sep 23, 2020
madridguy:
This was when our censor board are working hard to make sure any program going on air is suitable for all ages. Unlike the useless things ones is seeing now.

I missed those days walahi.
Why should all programs be suitable for all ages. Is that not why ratings exist.
Re: 10 Memorable Nigerian TV Characters Of The 80s & 90s by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 23, 2020
Angelfrost:
Once upon a time, our movie industry lacked real money for quality props, visual effects, etc, yet the movies were exceptional, highly entertaining, and still memorable/evergreen... Why??! Well, mostly due to the fact that movie-makers and actors were truly talented, gifted, and true to their arts.

These days, with all the improvements in camera, props, special effects, costumes, etc, the movies are just dry and empty... Why??! Untalented, poorly mentored, and ill-trained charlatans parading as actors and movie makers!!!...

This is not true growth!!!

Same nonsense happening in the music industry!!!
Most especially the Music Industry I wasn't born in the 60's (the great age of music) 70's 80's or 90's but anytime I hear music from then I just sit down and wonder, is this how bad monetization of music has led us.

1 Like

Re: 10 Memorable Nigerian TV Characters Of The 80s & 90s by Anaerobi(m): 4:10pm On Sep 23, 2020
what!
You mean Funke Akindele was Bisi?
indomie generation really missed alot..... life was interesting, educative, well behaved manner... One can boldly watch movies, TV shows with parents.
seeing sex in dictionary then was like having d real sex... but now, what is been watched this days is something else....
I can't remember the last time I watched TV show or movie with my parents.
Re: 10 Memorable Nigerian TV Characters Of The 80s & 90s by PrudencyFeats: 4:11pm On Sep 23, 2020
Brachaa:

Teddy Rockspin
Ovid and the gang
Danger mouse
Muppet babies
Bobo the kid from outta space
Little Prince
Robin of Sherwood

Omo mehn... See collection!

E be like say na only TV you dey watch then
... Lol
Re: 10 Memorable Nigerian TV Characters Of The 80s & 90s by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 23, 2020
I'm sure I might have watched some of these things only ones I am sure of are everyday people, new masquerade, papa ajasco (before too much of I want to be like others ruined the show) the rest I just watched without caring, those days that when you miss super story you go just dey curse nepa. PS I was born in 2000.
I just remembered Blackadder gringrin
Re: 10 Memorable Nigerian TV Characters Of The 80s & 90s by almarthins(m): 4:15pm On Sep 23, 2020
Professorcplus:
Diego and Paloma in "When You're Mine". angry If you have elder sisters you won't miss this

grin grin grin
Re: 10 Memorable Nigerian TV Characters Of The 80s & 90s by placeofallure(f): 4:16pm On Sep 23, 2020
Mopolchi:
Yeah I remember most of them.

Op, what of Ego Boyo and RMD of Checkmate?

Behind the clouds nko?

Papa Aluwe

Ego Boyo was Anne and RMD was Segun Kadiri. The did a good piece but forgot to mention in all cases the real people behind the characters.

I was too young to remember Jaguar or Cock Crow at dawn. Even Basi and Company, I only remember faintly. My favourite was Checkmate. I never miss it!

1 Like

Re: 10 Memorable Nigerian TV Characters Of The 80s & 90s by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 23, 2020
Professorcplus:
Diego and Paloma in "When You're Mine". angry If you have elder sisters you won't miss this
gringringrin those days that we will sneak from our beds and hide in one corner just to watch Ruby, second chance and the rest. Chaiehow time flies, the Mexican soaps they show nowadays are just as boring as fvck.

1 Like

Re: 10 Memorable Nigerian TV Characters Of The 80s & 90s by Angelfrost(m): 4:18pm On Sep 23, 2020
SegFault:

Most especially the Music Industry I wasn't born in the 60's (the great age of music) 70's 80's or 90's but anytime I hear music from then I just sit down and wonder, is this how bad monetization of music has led us.

It is quite sad!!!.... Music is so empty these days! No lyrical depth, very irritating noise masked or glossed over by dance-able beats!

As for movies, I wonder if they still do proper and thorough auditioning when selecting casts, as is the way abroad, cos the number of cringe-worthy and poor acting I see is shameful!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Memorable Nigerian TV Characters Of The 80s & 90s by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 23, 2020
Angelfrost:

It is quite sad!!!.... Music is so empty these days! No lyrical depth, very irritating noise masked or glossed over by dance-able beats!

As for movies, I wonder if they still do proper and thorough auditioning when selecting casts, as is the way abroad, cos the number of cringe-worthy and poor acting I see is shameful!!!
African magic just dey vex person nowadays, our useless movie directors have bastardised the igbo culture, the acting on top is horribly poor, I don't even like American movies anymore, most are just empty especially the rubbish Netflix keeps on producing, that's why YouTube is my new friend. undecided

As for music it's not always about lyrics, what you can't make up for in lyrics you must make up for in the instrumentals of the song, for example a band like AC/DC wasn't popular because of the lead singer it was popular because of the lead guitarist, those days of creativity have died my friend, maybe one day it will wake up once more.

1 Like

Re: 10 Memorable Nigerian TV Characters Of The 80s & 90s by schoolmaster: 4:24pm On Sep 23, 2020
Hotel de Jordan
Village headmaster
Bendel play house
Inside out
'Willie Willie '
Baba Aluwe
Assizes
Ichoku
etc
Re: 10 Memorable Nigerian TV Characters Of The 80s & 90s by placeofallure(f): 4:25pm On Sep 23, 2020
fergie001:
Okonkwo - Things Fall Apart

Checkmate ...Edith Jane Azu & co.

Do you know I always wonder about this woman you mentioned, the late Francis Agu's wife? Only God knows where she is now.
Re: 10 Memorable Nigerian TV Characters Of The 80s & 90s by fergie001: 4:28pm On Sep 23, 2020
placeofallure:

Do you know I always wonder about this woman you mentioned, the late Francis Agu's wife? Only God knows where she is now.
Francis Agu was single until his death.
Edith Jane Azu used to live somewhere with her husband, Emma Anyalogu (also an actor) at Afromedia in Lagos.
Re: 10 Memorable Nigerian TV Characters Of The 80s & 90s by EgunMogaji2: 4:29pm On Sep 23, 2020
post=94223967:

Osheeey!!!
Agbalagbi himself.........

Wow!
Osheeey all over again!

Dear Nairalanders,
Give it up for the oldest man in da building,
Awon eyan Egunmogaji2.
#RESPECT
Tuale oooooooo......... cheesy

Me that’s just a young boy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Memorable Nigerian TV Characters Of The 80s & 90s by placeofallure(f): 4:31pm On Sep 23, 2020
fergie001:

Rent-A-Ghost

Eyes smokes eyes piiiiiiiii

Teremahabiyan (The man was killed and his dog fought back and started killing others)

Hmmmmn! Rent -A- Ghost grin grin
Mr. Mumford and Mr. Timothy Claypole grin grin I love watching this Ehn! My kid brother and I. I remember using all my exercise books to draw Super Ted and Spotty then. Good ol' days grin
Re: 10 Memorable Nigerian TV Characters Of The 80s & 90s by fergie001: 4:33pm On Sep 23, 2020
placeofallure:

Hmmmmn! Rent -A- Ghost grin grin
Mr. Mumford and Mr. Timothy Claypole grin grin I love watching this Ehn! My kid brother and I. I remember using all my exercise books to draw Super Ted and Spotty then. Good ol' days grin
I used to have a cloth of SuperTed then.
I couldn't do without that cloth before we graduated to Fido-dido
Re: 10 Memorable Nigerian TV Characters Of The 80s & 90s by placeofallure(f): 4:36pm On Sep 23, 2020
fergie001:

Francis Agu was single until his death.
Edith Jane Azu used to live somewhere with her husband, Emma Anyalogu (also an actor) at Afromedia in Lagos.

No, not in real life. She was married to Francis Agu in Checkmate. Maybe she just decided not to act anymore.
Re: 10 Memorable Nigerian TV Characters Of The 80s & 90s by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 23, 2020
PrudencyFeats:

Omo mehn... See collection!

E be like say na only TV you dey watch then
... Lol

Lol.. what else should I have done?grin as a happy child, after school and homework, the next thing is to sink into the couch in front of the TV na...

Life then was serene. I miss those days.
Re: 10 Memorable Nigerian TV Characters Of The 80s & 90s by fergie001: 4:37pm On Sep 23, 2020
placeofallure:

No, not in real life. She was married to Francis Agu in Checkmate. Maybe she just decided not to act anymore.
Okkkk..damn...my bad...Sorry grin
She just entered ghost-mode once she married, just like Uche Obi-Osotule.

Her husband has been more visible.
Re: 10 Memorable Nigerian TV Characters Of The 80s & 90s by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 23, 2020
Professorcplus:
Diego and Paloma in "When You're Mine ". angry If you have elder sisters you won't miss this
Lol,,,
the bolded is even indomie

Mention films like Isakaba

1 Like

Re: 10 Memorable Nigerian TV Characters Of The 80s & 90s by placeofallure(f): 4:39pm On Sep 23, 2020
fergie001:

Okkkk..damn...my bad...Sorry grin
She just entered ghost-mode once she married, just like Uche Obi-Osotule.

Her husband has been more visible.

Yes you can say that again. I think I know the husband.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

BBNaija: Lolu And Cee-C Fight, Risk Disqualification / Popular Movies From The Past. / Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.