Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? (32040 Views)

Lagos Rats Are Demonic - Man Cries Out After Rodents Eat Up His Stash Naira note / color paper sticker labels for as low as #5 five naira size 2 X 2.5 Inch / Fake 1000 Naira Note From Zenith Bank, Dutse Alhaji Branch In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? by SirMichael1: 11:19pm On Sep 23, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

Save it.
Didn't your momma teach you manners?
Re: What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? by Maestro147(m): 11:43pm On Sep 23, 2020
Rizla

1 Like

Re: What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? by SavageResponse(m): 1:53am On Sep 24, 2020
The Naira is now a shadow of its former self sad
Re: What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? by malele(m): 4:22am On Sep 24, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

Save it.

Beautiful lips u have, we’re are residing
Re: What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? by Johntemmy(m): 4:37am On Sep 24, 2020
nothing
Re: What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? by Ghengiskhan(m): 6:09am On Sep 24, 2020
remsonik:
Our currency rate is really dropping down this days and this has been bothering me for a long while. I saw some five naira notes. It's been in my purse for some few weeks but I don't see what five naira can buy this days. Yet the CBN still prints it out. Is the five naira note going extinct?
1 room temp pure water is 5 bucks in Sokoto
1 milkos sweet also 5 bucks
2 Chew gum also 5 bucks
I think 5 naira is still useful here
Re: What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 24, 2020
is not totally ready off, when you add many 5 naira together, you will buy something useful but the guy involve in the transaction will be very angry, time wasted on counting change cash is a waste of time... lol
Re: What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? by Otuideal: 8:04am On Sep 24, 2020
chewing gum ��
Re: What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? by Revolva(m): 8:21am On Sep 24, 2020
Notin pure notin
Re: What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:24am On Sep 24, 2020
SirMichael1:
Didn't your momma teach you manners?

You have been ignored. I will revisit this some other time.
Re: What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? by chingle5(m): 11:55am On Sep 24, 2020
Finally decided to use the money to buy sugar for tea or garri

Re: What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? by Corroro: 4:53pm On Sep 24, 2020
BigBashiru:

U wee meet your target!
amen grin
Re: What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? by Petyprincess(f): 6:12pm On Sep 24, 2020
Silentgroper:
my name is kofoworola oladapo emmanuel,i am an internet troll that begs for living,i have no job at my age and still planning to retake jamb because I'm a failure,i have numerous monikers i use to beg which are koffos,bighap(deactivated)princeofagoäre etc
Trolling is the only way to feel good about my miserable life.below are evidence of my numerous accounts nd hw i beg with it

1 Like

Re: What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? by BennyDGreat: 10:32pm On Sep 24, 2020
LikeAking:

Export is not the problem here.

Many countries export less but they have a stable economy.A good eg are some middle east countries that depend on only oil like Nigeria,but them get good packaging and good leaders.

Make I name some of those countries?.
Qatar
jordan
Dubai
UAE nations
dem plenty

Export is the major problem sef

Check the earnings of these nations you mentioned versus their imports, you will get the point-These nations try to balance their imports Vs exports.

It's like saying you earn 50,000 but you order for product worth 100,000. For you to say you are financially stable, your earnings must increase. Do you get the point now?
Re: What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? by BennyDGreat: 10:35pm On Sep 24, 2020
Notatribalist:
What point are you trying to make?use Ghana economy as a reference

The strength of a currency is not in the re-denomination. It's in balance of trade.i.e a balance between your import and export. The higher your exports(which translates to considerable earnings), which when compared to import, the export is far higher, is a major determinant of your currency value
Re: What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? by LikeAking: 3:23am On Sep 25, 2020
BennyDGreat:

Export is the major problem sef

Check the earnings of these nations you mentioned versus their imports, you will get the point-These nations try to balance their imports Vs exports.

It's like saying you earn 50,000 but you order for product worth 100,000. For you to say you are financially stable, your earnings must increase. Do you get the point now?

We manufacture and export more than all those over hype UAE nations.

These nations relay on export more than Nigeria a million times.

Imagine Dubai importing even sand.

Nigeria imports less sef.

The world has been taking Africans for a ride for the past 500 years because we a are not wise.

What are those nations exporting sef?

My bro everything na wisdom.

We Africans are allowing the west tell us how to run our economy,while those UAE guys are smart they dont give a shit.

Nigeria is not doing badly as we think.
Despite all our shortcoming our economy is the most powerful in Africa.You know what that means?.

We are just too naive to use our creative faculties and also make the best decisions.
Bad leadership is also a P.

Every nation has the right to fix their ex change rate.

Due you know how the guys in Dubai have managed to keep their currency stable despite all these crude oil wahala?.

It involves some legit wayo.

Dem and the USA and co dey deceive them selfs with econs.
Re: What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? by BennyDGreat: 6:24am On Sep 25, 2020
LikeAking:

We manufacture and export more than all those over hype UAE nations.

These nations relay on export more than Nigeria a million times.

Imagine Dubai importing even sand.

Nigeria imports less sef.

The world has been taking Africans for a ride for the past 500 years because we a are not wise.

What are those nations exporting sef?

My bro everything na wisdom.

We Africans are allowing the west tell us how to run our economy,while those UAE guys are smart they dont give a shit.

Nigeria is not doing badly as we think.
Despite all our shortcoming our economy is the most powerful in Africa.You know what that means?.

We are just too naive to use our creative faculties and also make the best decisions.
Bad leadership is also a P.

Every nation has the right to fix their ex change rate.

Due you know how the guys in Dubai have managed to keep their currency stable despite all these crude oil wahala?.

It involves some legit wayo.

Dem and the USA and co dey deceive them selfs with econs.

Well, there might be some manipulation but I did check their 2018 export Vs Import. It would surprise you their export quite outweighs their import with 10billion USD even with massive trade volume and lower population than Nigeria.

They export crude oil, refined petroleum, jewellery, gold, diamond...etc. They also re-export dried fish and dates.

To be honest with you, Nigeria is not doing well. What I am driving at is simple: We need to earn more. Also, Our resources is being mismanaged too much.
Re: What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? by LikeAking: 8:18am On Sep 25, 2020
BennyDGreat:

Well, there might be some manipulation but I did check their 2018 export Vs Import. It would surprise you their export quite outweighs their import with 10billion USD even with massive trade volume and lower population than Nigeria.

They export crude oil, refined petroleum, jewellery, gold, diamond...etc. They also re-export dried fish and dates.

To be honest with you, Nigeria is not doing well. What I am driving at is simple: We need to earn more. Also, Our resources is being mismanaged too much.

We need to earn more.

True.

We should also review and create our economic policies to favor us.

If you observe the guys in the UAE are not exporting any sophisticated stuffs as one might think.

Its similar to most African nations,but they are serious and organised than us.

Its very similar to Naija.

They are not too better than than Naija.

The diff is leadership,honesty and using their brains.

We even export more than them self.
We export lots of stuffs than them.
Re: What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? by BennyDGreat: 10:35am On Sep 25, 2020
LikeAking:

We need to earn more.

True.

We should also review and create our economic policies to favor us.

If you observe the guys in the UAE are not exporting any sophisticated stuffs as one might think.

Its similar to most African nations,but they are serious and organised than us.

Its very similar to Naija.

They are not too better than than Naija.

The diff is leadership,honesty and using their brains.

We even export more than them self.
We export lots of stuffs than them.

Apt! This sums up all that must be done

1 Like

Re: What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? by Notatribalist(m): 10:49am On Sep 25, 2020
BennyDGreat:

The strength of a currency is not in the re-denomination. It's in balance of trade.i.e a balance between your import and export. The higher your exports(which translates to considerable earnings), which when compared to import, the export is far higher, is a major determinant of your currency value
You can't compare economy without Puting purchasing power purity (PPP) in consideration.. That's the real deal.This your explanation still didn't bring out any point..I asked you to use Ghana economy as a case study, yet nothing substantial from your end..
Re: What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? by BennyDGreat: 11:25am On Sep 25, 2020
Notatribalist:
You can't compare economy without Puting purchasing power purity (PPP) in consideration.. That's the real deal.This your explanation still didn't bring out any point..I asked you to use Ghana economy as a case study, yet nothing substantial from your end..

When Ghana did a re-denomination in 2007, you could exchange 1 dollar for as about 0.9 cedis but they never dealt with the main economic problems.

Just a year after, there was massive inflation in the country! Did it help their purchasing power?

My major point is:
Its only at the point where you're export ready, that you devalue your currency to make your goods attractive in the international market.

So, for Nigeria's re-denomination to work, we must look for a way to EARN more which would give our currency value(not mere nominal value) but the real purchasing value. Do you get me now?
Re: What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? by Notatribalist(m): 1:50pm On Sep 25, 2020
BennyDGreat:

When Ghana did a re-denomination in 2007, you could exchange 1 dollar for as about 0.9 cedis but they never dealt with the main economic problems.

Just a year after, there was massive inflation in the country! Did it help their purchasing power?

My major point is:
Its only at the point where you're export ready, that you devalue your currency to make your goods attractive in the international market.

So, for Nigeria's re-denomination to work, we must look for a way to EARN more which would give our currency value(not mere nominal value) but the real purchasing value. Do you get me now?
Good point bro,we are actually on the same side.. I have never advocate for currency denomination,I rather prefer policies that add values to the currency like you rightly explained..
Re: What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? by N100: 3:34pm On Jan 15, 2021
Mobikay101.. please, it's Coza, I was banned by anti-spam bot when I dropped my MTN number.. please here it is, 090689-74232 MTN, thanks a lot boss

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Skye Bank, First Bank Take Over Evans Medical Assets / N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me / Dangote Donates N250m To Flood Victims In Benue State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.