Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,453 members, 7,812,392 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) (60490 Views)

APC Governors Angry Over List Of Tinubu’s Campaign Council, Threaten Sabotage / Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Fayemi Urges CAN To Evolve A Charter Of Demands / RevolutionNow Organizer Releases List Of Demands, Vows To Go Ahead With Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by YEBOmadiba: 3:16pm On Sep 23, 2020
Groups of protesters have demanded more stringent immigration laws while marching through South Africa's capital city of Pretoria directing their anger at African immigrants.

Under the banner of #PutSouthAfricansFirst, small groups of people marched from Church Square to the Nigerian Embassy.

They said government has failed to put South Africans first and have called for the mass deportation of illegal immigrants as well as the revoking of grants and other state benefits.

Various organisations including South Africa First and “Only One SA” have handed over a memorandum of demands at the Nigerian Embassy following a march through the Pretoria CBD.

Action for change’s Nandi Gachwari said their demands were clear.

“We demand an end to human trafficking in Pretoria and, broadly, South Africa; the deportation of all illegal immigrants; the exposure of corruption in flawed Home Affairs processes that grant citizenship to undeserving foreign nationals.”

High Commissioner Kabiru Bala said while he accepted the memorandum, it was unfair that only Nigerians should be blamed for South Africa’s social and economic ills.

The organisations vowed to return to the streets if their demands were not met.

https://ewn.co.za/2020/09/23/unfair-that-nigerians-blamed-for-sa-s-social-ills-says-high-commissioner-bala

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by ignis: 3:18pm On Sep 23, 2020
Naija is gradually becoming a laughing stock in the international scene

269 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by Vyzz: 3:18pm On Sep 23, 2020
OK...
grin

We the citizens have been demanding and no response.

Una wey b foreigner come the give list......
*laughs in evil spirit*

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by jlinkd78(m): 3:18pm On Sep 23, 2020
Naija now a laughing stock truly. This is a trap to justify d next round of xenophobic attacks loading

200 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by mariahAngel(f): 3:23pm On Sep 23, 2020
Our government should fix this country already!
First it was Ghana, now South Africa, who's next?

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by bigtt76(f): 3:29pm On Sep 23, 2020
Perhaps we need this so that during the next election cycle, the candidates are placed on their toes to commit to making Nigeria better so we avoid this recurring issues and held accountable.

ignis:
Naija is gradually becoming a laughing stock in the international scene

49 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:31pm On Sep 23, 2020
It's that time of the year when these SA xenophobic savages lose their minds again...

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by hisgrace090: 3:33pm On Sep 23, 2020
Hmm, this guy's are fully out for Nigerians.

Calling for a total eradication of Nigerians out of South Africa is no longer a child play but an urgent issue that demand an urgent action by our leaders.
Failure of our leaders to do so will portray Nigeria as a helpless nation.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by YEBOmadiba: 3:36pm On Sep 23, 2020
-

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:38pm On Sep 23, 2020
YEBOmadiba:
Groups of protesters have demanded more stringent immigration laws while marching through South Africa's capital city of Pretoria directing their anger at African immigrants.

Under the banner of #PutSouthAfricansFirst, small groups of people marched from Church Square to the Nigerian Embassy.

They said government has failed to put South Africans first and have called for the mass deportation of illegal immigrants as well as the revoking of grants and other state benefits.

Various organisations including South Africa First and “Only One SA” have handed over a memorandum of demands at the Nigerian Embassy following a march through the Pretoria CBD.

Action for change’s Nandi Gachwari said their demands were clear.

“We demand an end to human trafficking in Pretoria and, broadly, South Africa; the deportation of all illegal immigrants; the exposure of corruption in flawed Home Affairs processes that grant citizenship to undeserving foreign nationals.”

High Commissioner Kabiru Bala said while he accepted the memorandum, it was unfair that only Nigerians should be blamed for South Africa’s social and economic ills.

The organisations vowed to return to the streets if their demands were not met.

https://ewn.co.za/2020/09/23/unfair-that-nigerians-blamed-for-sa-s-social-ills-says-high-commissioner-bala
Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by orble: 3:47pm On Sep 23, 2020
Insult with ingredients!

4 Likes

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by ignis: 4:02pm On Sep 23, 2020
bigtt76:
Perhaps we need this so that during the next election cycle, the candidates are placed on their toes to commit to making Nigeria better so we avoid this recurring issues and held accountable.

The issue we have selecting credible leaders is not in the general election.
The political parties end up presenting incredible candidates as flag bearers. Consequently electorates are tied to voting any of the incompetent person provided.

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by illicit(m): 4:03pm On Sep 23, 2020
It's not their fault

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by Fedrick100: 4:04pm On Sep 23, 2020
mehn
this people again

1 Like

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by YEBOmadiba: 4:09pm On Sep 23, 2020
illicit:
It's not their fault

Meaning?

2 Likes

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by illicit(m): 4:12pm On Sep 23, 2020
YEBOmadiba:

Meaning?

South Africa got nothing on Nigeria

We just have a bad lot of leaders

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by YEBOmadiba: 4:16pm On Sep 23, 2020
illicit:

South Africa got nothing on Nigeria

We just have a bad lot of leaders

The fact that Nigerians flock to SA and refuse to return despite the xenophobia means SA is levels ahead.

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by illicit(m): 4:24pm On Sep 23, 2020
YEBOmadiba:

The fact that Nigerians flock to SA and refuse to return despite the xenophobia means SA is levels ahead.

It's not that south Africa is levels ahead per se

It is that there are opportunities for some Nigerians there

Inside Nigeria, some northerners think the south is a greener pasture

Nigerians are doing better than their South African counterparts anywhere at home or in the world

I don't have any reason to want to go to South Africa personally

162 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by Benevento(m): 4:30pm On Sep 23, 2020
D.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by Charmingrascal(m): 4:34pm On Sep 23, 2020
mariahAngel:
Our government should fix this country already!
First it was Ghana, now South Africa, who's next?

Togo

9 Likes

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by YEBOmadiba: 4:40pm On Sep 23, 2020
illicit:

It's not that south Africa is levels ahead per se

It is that there are opportunities for some Nigerians there

Inside Nigeria, some northerners think the south is a greener pasture

Nigerians are doing better than their South African counterparts anywhere at home or in the world

I wouldn't call selling drugs and running brothels doing better though. I think the world knows Nigerians are into illicit trade in SA and other Southern African countries. The only reason they won't leave SA is because of the much higher spending power of the population (while Nigerians find Shoprite unaffordable). Plus SA people take clean running water and stable electricity for granted.

In terms of Nigerian doctors, there are far more black South African doctors. So I don't see how you'll classify them as doing better, they earn the same. In fact SA doctors have the option of travelling to Europe while SAa is the best option for Nigerian doctors.

So do you see the levels?

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by JAMO84: 4:47pm On Sep 23, 2020
South Africans are the most lazy people in the word

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 4:54pm On Sep 23, 2020
JAMO84:
South Africans are the most lazy people in the word

And Nigerians are the most hated, criminally minded, evil people in the world.

P.s. the whites are not in the march coz they don't live among Nigerians to witness their evil deeds day in and day out.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by Coldie(m): 4:55pm On Sep 23, 2020
Nigerians don too over do.

The kind of crimes some Nigerians commit no make sense, in Nigeria alone they potray bad attitudes, they would still be bold enough to take this bad attitude abroad.

Give a Nigerian money in Nigeria to do sth for u, once that money enters his hand it would seem as if u are begging him to do sth for u, on top your own money.

Borrow a Nigerian money, just prepare ur self for high blood pressure.

We have so much gotten used to fraudulent and wayo lifestyle that we think thats the way things are supposed to be everywhere.

99 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by JAMO84: 4:58pm On Sep 23, 2020
WannaHowzit:

And Nigerians are the most hated, criminally minded, evil people in the world.
Yes

2 Likes

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by MyMilkshake(f): 5:01pm On Sep 23, 2020
Pretoria my adopted home town cheesy beautiful city

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by illicit(m): 5:11pm On Sep 23, 2020
YEBOmadiba:

I wouldn't call selling drugs and running brothels doing better though. I think the world knows Nigerians are into illicit trade in SA and other Southern African countries. The only reason they won't leave SA is because of the much higher spending power of the population (while Nigerians find Shoprite unaffordable). Plus SA people take clean running water and stable electricity for granted.

In terms of Nigerian doctors, there are far more black South African doctors. So I don't see how you'll classify them as doing better, they earn the same. In fact SA doctors have the option of travelling to Europe while SAa is the best option for Nigerian doctors.

Well I am not ur doctor

So I still don't need to be in SA

Whoever goes there, goes there of their own accord and volition

I know some other places where I will go with my money and knowledge when need be. I tell you, I have never been idle for too long and I don't sell drugs or p.i.m.p.

btw there are Nigerians in SA who are there for pleasure and leisure

I afford things I have been buying from ShopRite as well as many other Nigerians.

Ripping Nigerians off and we hardly complain.

So No Level....

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by Bkayyy: 5:15pm On Sep 23, 2020
Is there any more dignity left for Nigeria to lose?

3 Likes

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by Bkayyy: 5:16pm On Sep 23, 2020
But why aren't the white south Africans involved in this protest?

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by thundafire: 5:22pm On Sep 23, 2020
Our government will not do anything dey lack they balls anyway an eye for an eye.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by Easternmind(m): 5:25pm On Sep 23, 2020
Benevento:
Igbos are cancer to this beautiful world.

Please send them back to Ochanja junction in stretchers.

Igbos are like pest, we need to get rid of them.

Please why are you calling igbos,it says Nigerians not Igbos,What did Igbos do to you people please can you just tell me? No I really want to know.
Don't be a tribalist and spoil your country's good name with internal conflict,I don't want to call you the problem of Nigeria...

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by Sammy07: 5:27pm On Sep 23, 2020
YEBOmadiba:

You're saying nonsense.

77 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. / Buhari’s Photo With APC Governors In London Is Old And Fake – FFK / Photos Of Victims Of Borno Bomb Blast (Viewers Discretion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.