Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,419 members, 7,819,514 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Bayelsa Gov Dispute: ANDP Applies To Withdraw Defence Against Diri's Appeal - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Gov Dispute: ANDP Applies To Withdraw Defence Against Diri's Appeal (2054 Views)

Kyari Appears Before Panel, Mounts Defence Against Hushpuppi’s Allegations / INEC Reacts To Tribunal Ruling On Diri's Sack,says ANDP Candidate Was Ineligible / Osun Gov Dispute: Supreme Court Hears Adeleke’s Appeal, Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa Gov Dispute: ANDP Applies To Withdraw Defence Against Diri's Appeal by OBUKSBAYELSA: 7:51pm On Sep 23, 2020
AAA593:

I believe andp is only changing its counsel but still in court. What do you think Sir

AAA593 is spot on here. the only inference one could possibly deduce is that the SAN who is lawyer to ANDP would not want mess with his SILK before the Appeal Court or Supreme Court. However, it's s lost case.
Re: Bayelsa Gov Dispute: ANDP Applies To Withdraw Defence Against Diri's Appeal by fergie001: 7:52pm On Sep 23, 2020
OBUKSBAYELSA:

AAA593 is spot on here. the only inference one could possibly deduce is that the SAN who is lawyer to ANDP would not want mess with his SILK before the Appeal Court or Supreme Court. However, it's s lost case.
Another valid point.
Re: Bayelsa Gov Dispute: ANDP Applies To Withdraw Defence Against Diri's Appeal by ejimatic: 7:59pm On Sep 23, 2020
garfield1:

Exactly esp if kehinde refuses to step down.from the body language of the judges,I don't see them striking out any thing
In the next sitting the appeal will rule on the two matters. The two applications may be struck out .
Re: Bayelsa Gov Dispute: ANDP Applies To Withdraw Defence Against Diri's Appeal by OBUKSBAYELSA: 8:10pm On Sep 23, 2020
fergie001:

You seem not to understand me.
There must be a judgement.

But this case is dead.

fergie001 you ejimatic are correct, the case is dead but judgement must be given to that effect.
Re: Bayelsa Gov Dispute: ANDP Applies To Withdraw Defence Against Diri's Appeal by fergie001: 8:15pm On Sep 23, 2020
OBUKSBAYELSA:

fergie001 you ejimatic are correct, the case is dead but judgement must be given to that effect.
Yea...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Gov Dispute: ANDP Applies To Withdraw Defence Against Diri's Appeal by AAA593: 5:58pm On Sep 24, 2020
fergie001:

See, I have faulted the Tribunal ruling severally.

The Court of Appeal had adjudicated on this before.

Can a Tribunal judgement supercede an Appeal Court's?

The case is not dead, but it is on LOW battery.

Don't also forget, the Court of Appeal will not just depend on the tribunal judgement, NO....

Diri has filed 12 grounds of Appeal, it is imperative that the ANDP replies...that is what will be the foundation for judgement.
Good evening Sir. What happened in court today?
Re: Bayelsa Gov Dispute: ANDP Applies To Withdraw Defence Against Diri's Appeal by fergie001: 6:46pm On Sep 24, 2020
AAA593:

Good evening Sir. What happened in court today?
Still trying to get the info...
Re: Bayelsa Gov Dispute: ANDP Applies To Withdraw Defence Against Diri's Appeal by kahal29: 6:54pm On Sep 24, 2020
Re: Bayelsa Gov Dispute: ANDP Applies To Withdraw Defence Against Diri's Appeal by fergie001: 7:01pm On Sep 24, 2020
kahal29:

See Info

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/09/bayelsa-gov-dispute-appeal-court-reserves-verdict-on-diri-inec-pdps-appeals/
THANKS
AAA593.....look @ it here/

Same outcome, Ustaz SAN hit the nail on the head.
Re: Bayelsa Gov Dispute: ANDP Applies To Withdraw Defence Against Diri's Appeal by garfield1: 7:33pm On Sep 24, 2020
fergie001:

THANKS

He mishit.I told you yesterday that it will be resolved and it was resolved.I love kehinde's arguments.he will go places
Re: Bayelsa Gov Dispute: ANDP Applies To Withdraw Defence Against Diri's Appeal by garfield1: 7:33pm On Sep 24, 2020
Re: Bayelsa Gov Dispute: ANDP Applies To Withdraw Defence Against Diri's Appeal by fergie001: 7:46pm On Sep 24, 2020
garfield1:

He mishit.I told you yesterday that it will be resolved and it was resolved.I love kehinde's arguments.he will go places
K
Re: Bayelsa Gov Dispute: ANDP Applies To Withdraw Defence Against Diri's Appeal by fergie001: 7:47pm On Sep 24, 2020
garfield1:

I believe they have up till Oct 17.up andp,down diri
You don start?
Just immediately after Ondo Guber.

Edo no teach you anything abi?

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Gov Dispute: ANDP Applies To Withdraw Defence Against Diri's Appeal by garfield1: 7:50pm On Sep 24, 2020
fergie001:

You don start?

Did imo teach you anything? What concerns edo elections and bayelsa tribunal? Accept your hiccups na
Re: Bayelsa Gov Dispute: ANDP Applies To Withdraw Defence Against Diri's Appeal by fergie001: 7:51pm On Sep 24, 2020
garfield1:
Did imo teach you anything? What concerns edo elections and bayelsa tribunal? Accept your hiccups na
K
Re: Bayelsa Gov Dispute: ANDP Applies To Withdraw Defence Against Diri's Appeal by garfield1: 7:52pm On Sep 24, 2020
fergie001:

He is good, he works for Baba Afe Babalola in ABJ, graduated in UI
One of the youngest (if not the youngest) lawyer(s) to be SAN in Nigeria.

His younger bro also attended ABUAD, law...top of his class.

Though his arguments here are barely academic.

Ustaz & Bawa gave the most considerable blows & Sirajo made the work easier for them... "academic" was the word SC used.

I called someone for that CRN issues and gathered it is interim & the PDP NWC are placating Agom.... Didn't confirm Sha/

That will be left for the appeal court to decide in less than one month
Re: Bayelsa Gov Dispute: ANDP Applies To Withdraw Defence Against Diri's Appeal by AAA593: 7:57pm On Sep 24, 2020
garfield1:

Arguments without facts. I don't know what he was defending at the court of appeal. There's no case there

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Gov Dispute: ANDP Applies To Withdraw Defence Against Diri's Appeal by AAA593: 7:57pm On Sep 24, 2020
fergie001:

THANKS

Thank you Sir
Re: Bayelsa Gov Dispute: ANDP Applies To Withdraw Defence Against Diri's Appeal by fergie001: 8:03pm On Sep 24, 2020
AAA593:

Thank you Sir
Always welcome.
Re: Bayelsa Gov Dispute: ANDP Applies To Withdraw Defence Against Diri's Appeal by garfield1: 8:04pm On Sep 24, 2020
AAA593:

Arguments without facts. I don't know what he was defending at the court of appeal. There's no case there

The court will decide if not diri would not be sponsoring infighting in andp and against opuama
Re: Bayelsa Gov Dispute: ANDP Applies To Withdraw Defence Against Diri's Appeal by kahal29: 8:18pm On Sep 24, 2020
garfield1:

I think Kehinde's Mum is coaching him well. You know his mum is Justice Helen Moronkeji Ogunwumiju that was elevated to the Supreme Court last year.
Re: Bayelsa Gov Dispute: ANDP Applies To Withdraw Defence Against Diri's Appeal by garfield1: 8:22pm On Sep 24, 2020
kahal29:

I think Kehinde's Mum is coaching him well. You know his mum is Justice Helen Moronkeji Ogunwumiju that was elevated to the Supreme Court last year.

I know.I love that woman,so fearless.I see her being a future cjn.I think she is coaching him on how to argue and convince judges not just normal court argument
Re: Bayelsa Gov Dispute: ANDP Applies To Withdraw Defence Against Diri's Appeal by kahal29: 8:23pm On Sep 24, 2020
garfield1:

I know.I love that woman,so fearless.I see her being a future cjn.I think she is coaching him on how to argue and convince judges not just normal court argument

Yeah
Re: Bayelsa Gov Dispute: ANDP Applies To Withdraw Defence Against Diri's Appeal by AAA593: 12:11pm On Sep 25, 2020
fergie001:

Always welcome.
APC boys dey say na PDP be won change andp counsel with fake letter to the court o. I tire o
Re: Bayelsa Gov Dispute: ANDP Applies To Withdraw Defence Against Diri's Appeal by fergie001: 12:18pm On Sep 25, 2020
AAA593:

APC boys dey say na PDP be won change andp counsel with fake letter to the court o. I tire o
I saw it on Opuama's page 2 days ago.
Re: Bayelsa Gov Dispute: ANDP Applies To Withdraw Defence Against Diri's Appeal by AAA593: 12:21pm On Sep 25, 2020
fergie001:

I saw it on Opuama's page 2 days ago.
But how possible is that
Re: Bayelsa Gov Dispute: ANDP Applies To Withdraw Defence Against Diri's Appeal by fergie001: 12:45pm On Sep 25, 2020
AAA593:

But how possible is that
Please, is his page not one for Comedians?
I went there for the first time 2 days ago...I saw an influencer, that's all.
Re: Bayelsa Gov Dispute: ANDP Applies To Withdraw Defence Against Diri's Appeal by seunmsg(m): 1:02pm On Sep 25, 2020
The court should have sanctioned Egbule for the drama that played out yesterday. He was obviously sponsored by PDP to derail the case. I’m glad the other senior lawyer stood his ground and prevented the case from being derailed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Gov Dispute: ANDP Applies To Withdraw Defence Against Diri's Appeal by tuniski: 1:03pm On Sep 25, 2020
fergie001:

You don start?

hehehehehehe he wont learn until APC becomes a defunct party!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Gov Dispute: ANDP Applies To Withdraw Defence Against Diri's Appeal by AAA593: 2:11pm On Sep 25, 2020
seunmsg:
The court should have sanctioned Egbule for the drama that played out yesterday. He was obviously sponsored by PDP to derail the case. I’m glad the other senior lawyer stood his ground and prevented the case from being derailed.
Is there any case there? Can an underaged candidate be a valid candidate? That majority judgment is a disgrace
Re: Bayelsa Gov Dispute: ANDP Applies To Withdraw Defence Against Diri's Appeal by seunmsg(m): 2:15pm On Sep 25, 2020
AAA593:

Is there any case there? Can an underaged candidate be a valid candidate? That majority judgment is a disgrace

There is an existing and valid judgement on the matter and we are waiting for the decision of the court of appeal after which the supreme court will give the final ruling. Let's wait and see how the case will be finally decided.
Re: Bayelsa Gov Dispute: ANDP Applies To Withdraw Defence Against Diri's Appeal by ejimatic: 1:29pm On Oct 02, 2020
[quote author=OBUKSBAYELSA post=94235633]

fergie001 i

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sanwo-olu Is A Green Snake / An Encounter Between a Nigerian Trump Supporter and Americans on Twitter / See What Ghana Govt & People Do To Fulani Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.