Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations (26445 Views)

Manchester City Banned From UEFA Club Competitions For 2 Seasons & Fined €30m / OFFICIAL: Messi, Ronaldo & Van Dijk Shortlisted For 2018-19 UEFA Men's POTY / Mikel Obi Finally Breaks Silence After Being Omitted From Super Eagles Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 23, 2020
Mikelarteta:
Everything that has a beginning must surely have an end, no champion for life. That’s why we should all be careful the way we treat people when we are in position of authority cos one day, you will leave that seat.
.. how this one take concern football now.

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by uunwanaobong3: 8:13pm On Sep 23, 2020
obembet:

What is de bruyne doing here?? yeah he had great season but honestly, he wasn't even best midfielder this season.. Thomas Muller was too good this season..

Debryune is by far the best player in the world....... But lewandoski win champions league.

But when it comes to pure football, nobody near debryune last season......................

Let me shock you with debryune statistics.

Last season, Messi had 21 assist from 69 big chances created, while Thomas Muller had 21 assist from 61 big chances created...... In terms of ratio that is 1:3 ( l goal scored from every 3 chances created) for both Messi and Muller.....

But debryune had 20 assist from 156 chances created...................... If I want to used the the same 1:3 ratio on debryune, honestly debryune should be having 50 assist last season but the strikers were wasteful ......................... So this statistics should tell more about a player called debryune

3 Likes

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 23, 2020
How have the mighty fallen.
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by Charity85(m): 8:19pm On Sep 23, 2020
Football recently has been very uninteresting as only statistics like goals , saves, trophies won serve as yardstick for the best player. Best team should be different from the best player as the best player emphasis on individual awards. I watched Bayern Munich match all through in the UCL and I can confidently state that the midfield orchestrated mainly by Thiago Alcantara was the cornerstone of Bayern strength. As for me KDB was the most outstanding player last season. His creativity and vision was next to none. Unfortunately he didn't bag much goal because he isn't a striker

1 Like

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by jimmychang: 8:22pm On Sep 23, 2020
Messi and Ronaldo don carry watin dem wan carry for this life .They are the Greatest Goats abeg... Nothing shake them.

1 Like

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by mattmogan88: 8:22pm On Sep 23, 2020
raphy:

for ur eyes them.be niggas abi.

so na everyone be niggas for ur eyes ..I wonder which kind eyes u get.
when I say niggas i mean I like them both not the other meaning

SHAKING MY HEAD
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by Stand4YorubaIgbo: 8:26pm On Sep 23, 2020
So neymar go dey where pple say is third player after messi and ronaldo, Lewandowski go come win diz award grin grin grin
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by Lamasta(m): 8:28pm On Sep 23, 2020
Its Lewandoski's year no doubt...Messi and Ronaldo were let down by their teams
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by joshuaidibia(m): 8:36pm On Sep 23, 2020
Chidexter:
Messi came fourth by the way, as for Ronaldo, scroll down some more

I did. All I saw was 8:2 grin
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by tesppidd: 8:39pm On Sep 23, 2020
joshuaidibia:

I did. All I saw was 8:2 grin
Messi 4th

Ronaldo 10th

Don't act like you didn't hear.

1 Like

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by EyezofGod120: 8:41pm On Sep 23, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Lewandowski any day anytime twice on Wednesday

That guy is some thing else.....

The day i start to dey fear that guy na the day way he score five goals within nine minutes
,,so damn niggaarr loves football also,,you're a real niggaarr,, I owe u some CO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by Slynation(m): 8:47pm On Sep 23, 2020
obembet:

What is de bruyne doing here?? yeah he had great season but honestly, he wasn't even best midfielder this season.. Thomas Muller was too good this season..
What are you saying self, KDB was the best midfielder in EPL last season with 19 assists, only behind Messi with 21 assists in Europe top 5 leagues, and here you are saying what I don't know.... Ndi mmadu self

1 Like

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by Gamesmart: 8:51pm On Sep 23, 2020
FuckThaMod:

And the so-called useless stats is the reason why he is the G.O.A.T

GOAT where? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by Earnonline2: 8:53pm On Sep 23, 2020
Really
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by mentored: 9:11pm On Sep 23, 2020
ipica:
As a manchester city fan, I want Debryne to win this, but Lewandowski has been unreal. My head Lewandowski, my heart Debryne.

Your heart is about to be shattered
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by FuckThaMod: 9:20pm On Sep 23, 2020
Gamesmart:

GOAT where? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
You dey smile because you know say na nonsense question u ask
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by originalprof: 9:29pm On Sep 23, 2020
The GOATS has been rested.. Thank you
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by ezixt: 9:37pm On Sep 23, 2020
obembet:

I agree with you seeing that you know better than the coaches and the journalists who voted for him. So I will suggest you petition UEFA for it.

Meanwhile our dear Thomas Muller “who was too good this season”, didn’t make the fourth spot, and not even the fifth spot, but is resting at the sixth position.

So you have a strong point. Petition!
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by Mikelarteta(m): 9:50pm On Sep 23, 2020
PhavesGideon:
.. how this one take concern football now.

Before Messi and Christiano Ronaldo, there was ones a de Stefano, Platini, Roberto Bagio, Ronaldo Da Lima. Does this makes sense to you now?
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by Pantoo: 10:18pm On Sep 23, 2020
Bayern Ready To defend All title's Say's Sane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VykPeUB9S0
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by ezixt: 10:21pm On Sep 23, 2020
Rolexjerry:

Man City has fans too? Hmmm

No they don’t. They have air conditioners. And which would you prefer in your room?
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by highness25(m): 10:26pm On Sep 23, 2020
obembet:
It's the first time in a decade that neither has been nominated for the award

Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo have been omitted from the nominations for the UEFA Men's Player of the Year awards.

For the first time in 10 years, the two greatest players of the modern game do not appear on the shortlist for the awards, for which Kevin De Bruyne and Robert Lewandowski are considered favourites to win.

Despite their confirmed places in the pantheon of the greats, few could argue with the decision not to nominate Messi and Ronaldo after the 2019/20 season. While Ronaldo did help Juventus to win yet another Serie A title, both Juve and Barcelona were eliminated from the Champions League before the latter stages.

While both Ronaldo and Messi bagged a rather disappointing three goals apiece in eight Champions League matches, Lewandowski scored 15 on his way to helping Bayern Munich win the competition.

The final player on the three-man shortlist is Lewandowski's Munich teammate Manuel Neuer, who enjoyed a stellar run of performances in the truncated knockout stage of the Champions League in Lisbon.

He made a number of key saves in the final against Paris Saint-Germain as his side defeated the Ligue 1 giants 2-0.

Source: https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/messi-ronaldo-uefa-mens-player-of-the-year-250401

Of course, every good thing has an end.
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by Gamesmart: 11:21pm On Sep 23, 2020
FuckThaMod:

You dey smile because you know say na nonsense question u ask

Na you dey talk nonsense.

Where is he GOAT?
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by Yoighaman(m): 11:22pm On Sep 23, 2020
So because Messi could not make the list, CR7 should also be ostracized.... Football governing bodies and their love for Messi... angry
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by FuckThaMod: 11:26pm On Sep 23, 2020
Gamesmart:

Na you dey talk nonsense.

Where is he GOAT?
Google am
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by Gwilld(m): 12:40am On Sep 24, 2020
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by raphy(m): 1:00am On Sep 24, 2020
mattmogan88:
when I say niggas i mean I like them both not the other meaning

SHAKING MY HEAD

always use the right meaning bro so u can be easily understood .

*shaking my head*
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by ezixt: 2:11am On Sep 24, 2020
uunwanaobong3:

With all amount of seriousness and disappointment, I wish guardiola is not given a new contract until the end of the season IF he wins the premier league and/or champions league...... I feel that guardiola has become complacent at the job and he is taking everything for granted such that the whole team becomes.............
If he is tired of coaching mancity, he should please resigned for others who are prepared to...
It is totally unforgivable and insanely criminal for a transfer window to come this far without mancity signing any key players who will make a difference......... First of all Ake and ferran Torres are squard players who have no ability now to defend their position in mancity....... Torres is under age and inconsistent while Ake is an unproven average player who carried his team to relegation .
In the last 2 years mancity best players are retiring or getting old and yet no replacement for them......
Only Yaya Toure was ably replaced by debryune who was bought by Pellegrini.
Other players such as Company, Silva, aguero, Fernandinho, sane, have not been replaced........ Infact guardiola signings since he came to mancity has been extremely poor.... Almost all the key players at mancity now (Sterling, debryune, Fernandinho, aguero,) were either sign by Mancini or Pellegrini..... The only good guardiola sign are bernado Silva, Laporte, aEderson and maybe walker for over 400 million ....... In a million years, this team as it is cannot win champions league and guardiola knows this but he is proving stubborn. ..... Up till now mancity does not have a left back and a proven striker to help Aguero, the central defence is a mess. Every year city has fallen behind Liverpool.
Liverpool problem last season was a supporting striker and a creative midfielder and they got them both, making Liverpool the strongest team in the world right now.
It is so annoying still seeing people like stone, otamendi, Mendy, cancelo, zichenko, Ake, Jesus, and gundogan still playing for mancity, how can you win champions league with this people?
If mancity finished third on the table this season with this same squard then guardiola is really working magic.
In terms of finances and global vision of city group, Liverpool should be too small to be competing with mancity for quality players BUT guardiola stubbornness has open door for everyone to start competing with city..,...even ordinary Lyon dey shake city.
Guardiola is a good coach with an all conquering tactics and philosophy BUT he is the worst buyer in the world.
You seem to be posting this same thing at every slightest opportunity you get cos I read it in another thread yesterday or so.

Well, I understand it could be as a result of passion and emotion for what you hold so dearly to your heart, which I presume to be Mancity.

That’s okay. I can relate. And if that’s true, then we have something in common, because I’m also a Mancity fan.

The only difference between us here is that I don’t quite agree with your position on this matter.

The first time I read it, I just let it slide even though I had a lot to say. But this time, I feel I should respond.

But truth is, I’m not in a good mood right now to put my thoughts down. I’m tired and also not feeling too strong. Just finished taking some injections.

But let me just pick one point you raised and respond to it. You said “ Up till now mancity does not have a proven striker to help Aguero...”

And by that I presume you are referring to Gabriel Jesus.

In other words, you are saying that Brazil’s number 1 striker is an unproven player?

Really?

Brazil, from their enviable pool of top-notch players, picks out a player out of this rich pool as their main striker, and you boldly say he is an unproven striker?

Tell me you are joking! Please tell me you are!

Is it the same guy that benches even Firmino in their national team that you call unproven?

And not like we are even using him as our main striker, dude still seats on the bench for Aguero, and yet you are not happy with that?

You want more. You want a Lewandoski, a ‘proven striker’ to help Aguero, huh?

Let me ask you, how many elite clubs has the quality of Gabriel Jesus as their number 2 striker?

Real Madrid?

Barcelona?

Bayern Munich?

Juventus?

Manchester United?

PSG?

Which of these teams have two strikers (main and supporting)in the quality of Aguero and Gabriel? I bet you, if you want to be honest, the answer will be none.

So what exactly do you want? A Lewandosky? I’m using Lewandosky here to refer to all the players you may want to refer to as ‘proven’.

I want that too. I’m sure Gurdiola will want that too. Who wouldn’t?

But hey, no Lewandosky will leave his club to come play second fiddle for Aguero.

The only club that has come close to having two Lewandoskies as their two strikers as we speak, is the same club whose coach you are maligning with your undeserved criticism.

Yes, it is true that Gabriel Jesus is not on the same level with Aguero, but tell me which club has a second striker that is on the same level with their first choice striker?

I’ve tried to show you that your assertion that Gabriel Jesus is an unproven striker is ridiculous because if there is any country that will use an unproven player as their number striker, it is definitely not a team like Brazil. Maybe Nigeria, but definitely not Brazil.

I believe the goons that run that place far understands who a proven and unproven player is better than you.

And for goodness sake, cut the boy some slack. How many matches does he play in a season compared to Aguero?

And most times he only gets to play when Aguero is injured.

And yeah, you may quickly want to ask- “And what does he make of those opportunities?”

Always an easy question to ask when you are on the sidelines and don’t have an idea what it is like to be that player who has been made match-rusty, battling with his self-worth as player, knowing that the only reason he's been thrown into the pitch is because someone got injured.

If you’ve never worn that shoe before, you are not qualified to ask that question.

Be it as it may, even under such challenging circumstances, your so called unproven player still scored 14 premiership goals and 23 goals in all competitions last season.

Now tell me, my dear friend, how many second strikers in any of the elite clubs in Europe or anywhere in the world achieved such feat last season?

I don’t know of any, but if you do know, please do let me know.

Meanwhile, Aguero scored 16 goals last season, while his supporting striker, whom you’ve labeled unproven, scored 14 goals. How much more supportive does he need to get to make you happy and become proven in your sight?

You want to see the best of a player? Give him some consistent play, then you can rightly judge him whether he is proven or not.

I even wonder what your yardstick is for measuring who is proven or unproven cos you seem to be throwing those words around a lot.

But I’m not eager to find out, cos I already know it is a faulty one that needs some repairs.

I’m saying that Gabriel Jesus have not been given even enough playing time, but yet, he trying his best under those circumstances.

He has not enjoyed the same quality playing time Aguero has been enjoying since he joined the club. I believe that if he does, he will make people like you to swallow their words in shame.

And here is the proof that he can do it- first match of the season, he already has a goal to his account.

Heck, play that energetic, passionate, and hungry Brazilian boy consistently this season and see if he will not become ‘proven’ in your sight, oh wise judge of the proven and unproven.

And please, while cutting Gab some slack, do Guardiola the same favour. You seem to be of the wrong impression that he is the sole decider of who the club buys and whom it doesn't buy.

The buying decision doesn't rest on Gurdiola alone. If you can understand this fact, maybe it can help bring some perspective into how you view things.

If you are putting the blame on management, then that's understandable. But to single out Guardiola for that blame, that is not fair.

Haven't you seen circumstances where coaches want players and yet the club management refuses to go for them? It's common, bro!

Left to every coach, they will move into the market and get the best players the market has to offer. But it is not always as simple as that.

There are intrigues to these things. There are financial implications. Have you forgotten we just survived a two years Champions League relegation threat because of accusations of financial malpractices?

I guess you don't care. It's none of your business. All you want are the players. Hmmm. What a fan!

I've already delved into a second point. My bad! I was carried away. I have to stop here now cos my head aches badly.

I still have a lot to say on the various issues you raised, but I can't right now. It's already way past midnight. Need to get some sleep.

But as I go, remember, I am for you. We both want the same thing, just that we disagree on how best to get it.

And yes, I do condemn him when he goofs, just like he did in our match against Lyon. I'm talking about Guardiola. When I saw the line up and the formation, I knew there was problem. He goofed big time. And there are other instances of his goofing.

But all these vituperation against him? Nah! Don't quite agree.

Got to go!
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by Gamesmart: 3:06am On Sep 24, 2020
FuckThaMod:

Google am

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Google am? Another nonsense.

Even some of Ronaldos ex-team mates will not say that.

Na yeye CR7 fans with their yeye stats dey say am.

Messi is a better goalscorer.

Messi is a better playmaker.

Messi is a better dribbler.

The stats say Messi is the GOAT!

Simple.
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by Temysteve(m): 6:48am On Sep 24, 2020
obembet:

shut up.
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by snoopz: 9:04am On Sep 24, 2020
the beginning of the end
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by FuckThaMod: 9:45am On Sep 24, 2020
Gamesmart:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Google am? Another nonsense.

Even some of Ronaldos ex-team mates will not say that.

Na yeye CR7 fans with their yeye stats dey say am.

Messi is a better goalscorer.

Messi is a better playmaker.

Messi is a better dribbler.

The stats say Messi is the GOAT!

Simple.
Keep wailing... Messi isn't even the greatest in Argentina. Na half Goat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ronaldo, Messi, Lewandowski : 2021 Top Scorers Ranked / Manchester United Terminate Aeroflot Deal / The Golden Age Of Nigerian Athletics - Videos, Pictures And Memories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.