Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Nigerian Embassy In Canada Reopens After One Month - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Embassy In Canada Reopens After One Month (14098 Views)

Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa! / Iran Shiites Protest At Nigerian Embassy In London Over El-Zakzaky (Video, Photo / Maiduguri-damaturu Highway Reopens After Closure For Military Operation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Embassy In Canada Reopens After One Month by ijustdey: 12:47am On Sep 24, 2020
The Nigerian high commission in Canada has announced it will resume operations on Thursday.

PREMIUM TIMES had reported how the high commission suspended its activities indefinitely in August amid the COVID-19 pandemic and overwhelming passport renewal requests from Nigerians in the country.

The embassy claimed the decision was reached “because people show up at the chancery uninvited.” It also accused some citizens of assaulting one of the embassy’s staff a few days before the closure.

This newspaper learnt that many Nigerians residing in different parts of Canada had applied for the renewal of their passports for the purpose of extending their work permits, study visas or seeking medical care abroad.

These people, after paying for the new passports, met a gridlock at the embassy’s only office in Canada located in Ottawa.

The commission had also been accused of poor communication and bad service delivery.

Reopening

Meanwhile, in a statement issued on its website on Wednesday, the mission said it would resume immigration and consular services on September 24.

According to the release, the passport renewal arrangement would now be treated after applicants had filled out the forms and met the online requirements for the passport process.

They were instructed to send an email to passportscheduling@nigeriahcottawa.ca to be given an interview date.

“Please do not send more than one email to request for an appointment,” it cautioned.

“Also, each request sent in for an appointment must state the full name of the passport applicant as it appears on the Nigerian passport,” the commission advised.

“In a situation where you are requesting for an interview date on behalf of an applicant, kindly state the full name of the applicant. For family scheduling please indicate all family members that require renewal as you will not be recognised as one unit. Each member of the family will need to be given an appointment.

“Upon arrival, all applicants must come with printed copies of their passport interview invitations, these must be presented to the security officials before entry into the chancery.”

It said hours for passport renewals are 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., warning that anyone who shows up at a later time would not be allowed into the chancery, “even if such a person has an appointment.”

The commission noted that anyone coming into the chancery must wear their face masks, sanitise their hands and practice social distancing as public health measures put in place to limit the spread of coronavirus.

“Please note that anyone who shows up at the chancery without a printed invitation for an interview would not be attended to,” it warned.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/416675-nigerian-embassy-in-canada-reopens-after-one-month.html

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Canada Reopens After One Month by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 24, 2020
Ok..
At least their communication with their Canadian Counterpart in Nigeria will become consolidated again.
NIGERIANS can now continue Rapturing into Glory. grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Canada Reopens After One Month by Getrich3: 8:12am On Sep 24, 2020
Saving your money in the bank is good but how would you like to grow your money by 30 percent ( 22-25 percent after tax)
guaranteed every 30 days using an online ecommerce product buy and sell trading platform that is approved by the Nigerian government, The efcc and the central bank. This business is fully registered with the Corporate affairs commission and taxed by the FIRS.
No referral required, No Marketing skills needed.

lets have a chat on whatsapp through this link if you are interested.
/+2348088702250
Re: Nigerian Embassy In Canada Reopens After One Month by Timekeeper: 8:12am On Sep 24, 2020
Congratz to those people that has biz with Canadian embassy ooo.. For me, na still Lagos I dey ooo.

If God open way for me and me sef Don get enough bar for hand now, this news for benefit me. But as E dey, e no benefit me At all..

Since dem Don born me, I never even enter plane talk less of going to embassy...

But I know say if I dey dedicated to my honest Hustle, I will definitely make it.

God day no get night, he blesses anytime anyday..

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Canada Reopens After One Month by iamyemiakins(m): 8:12am On Sep 24, 2020
This country no just balance at all
Re: Nigerian Embassy In Canada Reopens After One Month by mattmogan88: 8:13am On Sep 24, 2020
Listening to the tune of Umqombothi while SHAKING MY HEAD cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Canada Reopens After One Month by crownedprinz(m): 8:13am On Sep 24, 2020
Hhaha Canada is Nigeria Capital now. The way Nigerians are aiming to go to Canada ehn? na only Buhari go remain las las

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Canada Reopens After One Month by softset: 8:13am On Sep 24, 2020
The embassy to appears like they are doing Nigerians in Canada a huge favor.

Just look at the tone of message ... anyway Nigerians deserve what they get.

When we start thinking right before voting our leaders then things will begin to work fine.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Canada Reopens After One Month by kruzyempire(m): 8:13am On Sep 24, 2020
Good for them
Re: Nigerian Embassy In Canada Reopens After One Month by TreasureTayo(m): 8:14am On Sep 24, 2020
Gooood
Re: Nigerian Embassy In Canada Reopens After One Month by Imustreturn(m): 8:14am On Sep 24, 2020
Welcome
Re: Nigerian Embassy In Canada Reopens After One Month by Ubykcee(m): 8:15am On Sep 24, 2020
Good news.
Re: Nigerian Embassy In Canada Reopens After One Month by Humblelexxy: 8:15am On Sep 24, 2020
Lemme be your Cashapp and PayPal plug. Holla me on 08145835353 for immediate payment. No long cap
Re: Nigerian Embassy In Canada Reopens After One Month by vivies: 8:16am On Sep 24, 2020
delta

it shouldn't have been reopened, we need all our beloved brothers and sisters back to this our dealing country.

they are the one that brought us where we are.
just because you have money doesn't mean you will cause chaos and run to exile.
Re: Nigerian Embassy In Canada Reopens After One Month by brownrockafela(m): 8:16am On Sep 24, 2020
Nice
Re: Nigerian Embassy In Canada Reopens After One Month by xcellentgraphic: 8:16am On Sep 24, 2020
Good to hear
Re: Nigerian Embassy In Canada Reopens After One Month by gurusprout: 8:17am On Sep 24, 2020
crownedprinz:
Hhaha Canada is Nigeria Capital now. The way Nigerians are aiming to go to Canada ehn? na only Buhari go remain las las

Please speak for yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Canada Reopens After One Month by chinavs9ja(m): 8:17am On Sep 24, 2020
It is well ooo

I am a professional website designer and Android App developer kindly check my signature.
Re: Nigerian Embassy In Canada Reopens After One Month by iyanumiv(m): 8:17am On Sep 24, 2020
THANK GOD SHA....

NEXT PLS...........

MIV
Re: Nigerian Embassy In Canada Reopens After One Month by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 24, 2020
God, you know my heart and what I pray for everyday.
A land flowing with milk and honey.
A land where I can have peace of mind
I country where where I can get a better shot at life,
A LIFE IN CANADA IS ALL I PRAY FOR GOD.

make I atleast stop to dey shout,
STILL YOUR FAVORITE FABRICATOR GUY!!!! UP AND DOWN.
But till then,
STILL YOUR FAVORITE FABRICATOR GUY. FOR YOUR A-Z FEASIBILITY REPORT ON SKID GAS PLANT, INSTALLATION, PROCUREMENT AND MAINTENANCE.

FOR YOUR FABRICATOR JOBS, WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED..

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Canada Reopens After One Month by Hambivert: 8:19am On Sep 24, 2020
Nigerian embassies are just a commercial hub and a to fulfill all righteousness' structure in their respective country of operation

Small kasala go burst for jand and then you'll begin to wonder if you even have representatives there.

Nigeria have really lost her political relevance ask India even small Togo, Ghana and even DR Congo. We have been sparogated greatly under our darling Daddy's watch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Canada Reopens After One Month by emmanuelbrown26: 8:20am On Sep 24, 2020
Up for grab
Re: Nigerian Embassy In Canada Reopens After One Month by iamyemiakins(m): 8:21am On Sep 24, 2020
How that one take reduce price of fuel and electricity tariff
Re: Nigerian Embassy In Canada Reopens After One Month by Ayomi90: 8:23am On Sep 24, 2020
grin
Re: Nigerian Embassy In Canada Reopens After One Month by iampeterben(m): 8:23am On Sep 24, 2020
Good one. Let the people that wanna fly start flying.
Re: Nigerian Embassy In Canada Reopens After One Month by Johntemmy(m): 8:25am On Sep 24, 2020
isokay
Re: Nigerian Embassy In Canada Reopens After One Month by Godpikin4real(f): 8:26am On Sep 24, 2020
Isssa wow

(1) (2) (Reply)

Petrol Market Price Hits N241, Pushes Subsidy To N76 Per Litre / 2023: Umahi Replies Atiku, Says PDP Missing His Leadership / Boko Haram Threatens Invasion Of Plateau State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.