Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,742 members, 7,955,828 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:18 PM

If You Travel Abroad, Avoid African Houses, Man Advises - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If You Travel Abroad, Avoid African Houses, Man Advises (1607 Views)

With 16500 Security Agents Will Allow You Travel From Lagos To Abuja Despite Ban / When Last Did You Travel To The Village? / Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Travel Abroad, Avoid African Houses, Man Advises by Xeeex: 12:01pm On Sep 24, 2020
A man on twitter gave advice for those that want to travel abroad.

1 Like

Re: If You Travel Abroad, Avoid African Houses, Man Advises by Simplyleo: 12:13pm On Sep 24, 2020
Brother Okwudili, why you never go back to Nigeria.

That says it all. cheesy
Re: If You Travel Abroad, Avoid African Houses, Man Advises by Xeeex: 12:17pm On Sep 24, 2020
People abroad will be shouting, it's not easy but they are not making plans to come back to Nigeria.

Who is deceiving who?

10 Likes

Re: If You Travel Abroad, Avoid African Houses, Man Advises by Kusheer(m): 12:19pm On Sep 24, 2020
Ain’t see lie in this word Nigga

3 Likes

Re: If You Travel Abroad, Avoid African Houses, Man Advises by Iceyjayz: 12:27pm On Sep 24, 2020
Very true bruh

1 Like

Re: If You Travel Abroad, Avoid African Houses, Man Advises by Michael8026: 12:31pm On Sep 24, 2020
swears... it's not easy and yet no plans of coming back to Nigeria

Omo...me sef no like easy stuffs..so we gather dey

3 Likes

Re: If You Travel Abroad, Avoid African Houses, Man Advises by KendrickAyomide: 12:44pm On Sep 24, 2020
No mind them, like say Nigeria easy. Them plenty for Nairaland self.. Abroad hard, Nigeria hard - choose your Hard
Re: If You Travel Abroad, Avoid African Houses, Man Advises by ValCon888: 1:17pm On Sep 24, 2020
Brother Okuwdili will never come back to Nigeria because it is better to come from a shithole country than to live in a shithole country.
Re: If You Travel Abroad, Avoid African Houses, Man Advises by Xeeex: 1:26pm On Sep 24, 2020
KendrickAyomide:
No mind them, like say Nigeria easy. Them plenty for Nairaland self.. Abroad hard, Nigeria hard - choose your Hard

I tell you
Re: If You Travel Abroad, Avoid African Houses, Man Advises by Memberclub(m): 4:13pm On Sep 24, 2020
Issoright

Re: If You Travel Abroad, Avoid African Houses, Man Advises by ednut1(m): 4:53pm On Sep 24, 2020
A false baseless generalization.
Re: If You Travel Abroad, Avoid African Houses, Man Advises by dasparrow: 5:18pm On Sep 24, 2020
Michael8026:
swears... it's not easy and yet no plans of coming back to Nigeria

Omo...me sef no like easy stuffs..so we gather dey

Let me tell you the truth. Many Nigerians would have loved to come back home. There is a lot of racial hostility abroad and white people did not create their countries for Black people to come and enjoy. White people don't even like black people in their spaces to be honest. And yes, nowhere on earth is "easy." There is no country on earth that does not have it's own unique challenges. Not even the so-called almighty United States of America.

The reasons why many Nigerians don't return back to Nigeria are multifaceted and I am going to list some of those reasons:

1. Insecurity in Nigeria.
We all know that Nigeria has turned into the kidnapping capital of Africa. There is no day you don't hear of yet another person that was kidnapped. Then we have fulani herdsmen slaughtering men, women and children in several villages. We still have Boko Haram terrorists. Then let's not talk about all the cultism, armed robbery, religious violence and the many avoidable car accidents that have taken so many lives needlessly.

2. Abysmal power supply
This is self explanatory. As Nigerians, we all know that electricity supply is very poor in Nigeria. When I lived in Nigeria, sometimes I won't see a blink of light for 3 months straight. When transformer blows, it takes the electricity company several weeks if not months to get the transformer fixed and working again. Yet, the electricity company will keep bringing electricity bill for a service they never provided.

3. Cost of living and poor wages
The cost of living in Nigeria is terribly expensive yet the average pay in Nigeria is piss-poor to say the least. Foodstuffs is expensive in Nigeria. Foodstuffs will take up 60% of your salary each month. Most Nigerian employers don't even pay you up to 50,000 Naira in a month and that is the case both in the private and public sector.

4. The culture of rape
Unfortunately, raping women and children is a very common occurrence in Nigeria. If I had kids, I won't want them growing up in an environment where there is a 90% chance of my daughters getting raped. Unfortunately, the Nigerian culture promotes rape and the Nigerian judiciary is not keen on giving harsher prison sentences to adults who have raped children, teenagers and adults. Sexual harassment is equally a big problem in Nigeria and goes unabated because the perpetrators get away with it most times.

5. The culture of employers owing wages
In Nigeria, it has become a normal thing for employers in both the private and public sector to owe employees months and months of unpaid wages. In other countries of the world, that would be considered unacceptable. However in Nigeria, it's considered the norm. Why would I want to live in a country where regardless of whether I have a job or not, I will be dealing with avoidable poverty? And then when you are old and you retire, you will be owed pension as well. Imagine not having money to feed as an elderly person. Can't be me!

7. Lack of papers (Permanent residency or citizenship)
A lot of Nigerians living abroad don't have their papers for the country they are residing in. They overstayed their visas and they know that if they return back to Nigeria, they will be stuck in Nigeria and will not be able to return back to their overseas abode. So as a result, they remain put wherever they are.

8. No retirement home or investments
Some Nigerians refuse to come back home because they have nothing to come back to. They have no retirement savings, no house, no nothing. They are worried about what Nigerians back home with their nosey amebo selves will say when they return home after several years abroad with nothing to show for it. So to save themselves the embarrassment, these Nigerians choose to remain abroad instead.

9. Discouragement from family members and/or friends
Some Nigerians want to come back to Nigeria but their family members and friends strongly advise against it. As a result, many Nigerians stay put abroad even though they are tired of living abroad.

So the above points are some of the main reasons why Nigerians choose not to come back home even though many are not happy overseas due to hardship, the ever prevalent racism or other factors that is best known to them.

I am Dasparrow. Signing out! Peace!

3 Likes

Re: If You Travel Abroad, Avoid African Houses, Man Advises by queengift(f): 5:51pm On Sep 24, 2020
dasparrow:

Let me tell you the truth. Many Nigerians would have loved to come back home. There is a lot of racial hostility abroad and white people did not create their countries for Black people to come and enjoy. White people don't even like black people in their spaces to be honest. And yes, nowhere on earth is "easy." There is no country on earth that does not have it's own unique challenges. Not even the so-called almighty United States of America.

The reasons why many Nigerians don't return back to Nigeria are multifaceted and I am going to list some of those reasons:

We all know that Nigeria has turned into the kidnapping capital of Africa. There is no day you don't hear of yet another person that was kidnapped. Then we have fulani herdsmen slaughtering men, women and children in several villages. We still have Boko Haram terrorists. Then let's not talk about all the cultism, armed robbery, religious violence and the many avoidable car accidents that have taken so many lives needlessly.

2. Abysmal power supply
This is self explanatory. As Nigerians, we all know that electricity supply is very poor in Nigeria. When I lived in Nigeria, sometimes I won't see a blink of light for 3 months straight. When transformer blows, it takes the electricity company several weeks if not months to get the transformer fixed and working again. Yet, the electricity company will keep bringing electricity bill for a service they never provided.

The cost of living in Nigeria is terribly expensive yet the average pay in Nigeria is piss-poor to say the least. Foodstuffs is expensive in Nigeria. Foodstuffs will take up 60% of your salary each month. Most Nigerian employers don't even pay you up to 50,000 Naira in a month and that is the case both in the private and public sector.

4. The culture of rape
Unfortunately, raping women and children is a very common occurrence in Nigeria. If I had kids, I won't want them growing up in an environment where there is a 90% chance of my daughters getting raped. Unfortunately, the Nigerian culture promotes rape and the Nigerian judiciary is not keen on giving harsher prison sentences to adults who have raped children, teenagers and adults. Sexual harassment is equally a big problem in Nigeria and goes unabated because the perpetrators get away with it most times.

In Nigeria, it has become a normal thing for employers in both the private and public sector to owe employees months and months of unpaid wages. In other countries of the world, that would be considered unacceptable. However in Nigeria, it's considered the norm. Why would I want to live in a country where regardless of whether I have a job or not, I will be dealing with avoidable poverty? And then when you are old and you retire, you will be owed pension as well. Imagine not having money to feed as an elderly person. Can't be me!

A lot of Nigerians living abroad don't have their papers for the country they are residing in. They overstayed their visas and they know that if they return back to Nigeria, they will be stuck in Nigeria and will not be able to return back to their overseas abode. So as a result, they remain put wherever they are.

Some Nigerians refuse to come back home because they have nothing to come back to. They have no retirement savings, no house, no nothing. They are worried about what Nigerians back home with their nosey amebo selves will say when they return home after several years abroad with nothing to show for it. So to save themselves the embarrassment, these Nigerians choose to remain abroad instead.

Some Nigerians want to come back to Nigeria but their family members and friends strongly advise against it. As a result, many Nigerians stay put abroad even though they are tired of living abroad.

So the above points are some of the main reasons why Nigerians choose not to come back home even though many are not happy overseas due to hardship, the ever prevalent racism or other factors that is best known to them.

God bless you my brother, you said it all. Do you know that a bag of Nigerian rice in my area is now 20_23k, and minimum wage is 18k. It's well. I pray one day things will change for good.
Re: If You Travel Abroad, Avoid African Houses, Man Advises by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 24, 2020
100% true.
Avoid senseless Naija parties too.
Re: If You Travel Abroad, Avoid African Houses, Man Advises by Xeeex: 6:24pm On Sep 24, 2020
dasparrow:

2. Abysmal power supply

4. The culture of rape

Nobody really asked for a lecture but all the points you mentioned are almost nonexistent abroad, thus making it easier.

My point is that someone that is living where all these things are available will be telling new customers to the country that it's not easy. If having constant electricity, high wages, security and all you mentioned but you still try to tell people that's it's not easy, then what's easy.

Since it's not easy why don't you go back to Nigeria. You mentioned about discouragement from family. If you are suffering and you want to leave where you are suffering and go somewhere better and your family are discouraging you, will you still leave?

Discouragement lol

9 Likes

Re: If You Travel Abroad, Avoid African Houses, Man Advises by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:39pm On Sep 24, 2020
Xeeex:

Nobody really asked for a lecture but all the points you mentioned are almost nonexistent abroad, thus making it easier.

My point is that someone that is living where all these things are available will be telling new customers to the country that it's not easy. If having constant electricity, high wages, security and all you mentioned but you still try to tell people that's it's not easy, then what's easy.

Since it's not easy why don't you go back to Nigeria. You mentioned about discouragement from family. If you are suffering and you want to leave where you are suffering and go somewhere better and your family are discouraging you, will you still leave?

Discouragement lol
That's black people for you o. I honestly prefer racism to tribalism. Honestly why do black people get worked up over racism. If a white man called me a monkey and gave me a banana I will eat the banana and dance like a fucking monkey.

3 Likes

Re: If You Travel Abroad, Avoid African Houses, Man Advises by Xeeex: 6:47pm On Sep 24, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

That's black people for you o. I honestly prefer racism to tribalism. Honestly why do black people get worked up over racism. If a white man called me a monkey and gave me a banana I will eat the banana and dance like a fucking monkey.

Lol your own too much

The guy wanted to give reasons why people are not coming back to Nigeria but he mentioned why we are suffering in Nigeria and what they are enjoying in other countries

Then, I'm in abroad and someone will tell me that's it's not easy here, lol, why are you not going back to easy Nigeria with constant electricity, good transportation, security, jobs availability?

3 Likes

Re: If You Travel Abroad, Avoid African Houses, Man Advises by Gerrard59(m): 7:49pm On Sep 24, 2020
People like Cap28 and the clown called Phrakleen on YouTube. Anyone who advocates for people to return home (Nigeria or some other African countries) should be a resident in the said country. Anything less is a bloody hypocrite.

2 Likes

Re: If You Travel Abroad, Avoid African Houses, Man Advises by Gerrard59(m): 7:57pm On Sep 24, 2020
dasparrow:

No race likes the other in the world. The belief that everyone will like the next person doesn't exist in real life. Caucasians detest blacks as they do to races in Asia. However, Caucasians respect those Asians because of the value they offer. Black people should aim to be respected not liked. You Dasparrow, do you like everyone you have seen/met in your life?

6 Likes

Re: If You Travel Abroad, Avoid African Houses, Man Advises by ashewoboy(m): 8:02pm On Sep 24, 2020
It's not a lie.
Re: If You Travel Abroad, Avoid African Houses, Man Advises by Brayss(m): 10:08pm On Sep 24, 2020
Xeeex:

Discouragement lol
SECONDED

(1) (Reply)

What Is It Requirement For A Visa Free Country Like Barbados / What If My Flight Arrives MMIA Lagos At 3am / I Am Visiting Naija After 6months Away, Should I Go With My Head Or Leave It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.