Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,084 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Garba Shehu: FG Is Building Rail Line To Border Point not Into Niger Republic - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Garba Shehu: FG Is Building Rail Line To Border Point not Into Niger Republic (21575 Views)

China Plans Building Rail Line Connecting Mombasa Kenya To Lagos Nigeria / Buratai Has Fled Nigeria Through Land Border Into Niger Republic- MNK / Why FG Is After Me For Attending WEF In South Africa - Oby Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Garba Shehu: FG Is Building Rail Line To Border Point not Into Niger Republic by watchindelta(m): 7:22pm On Sep 24, 2020
To which person benefit?
Re: Garba Shehu: FG Is Building Rail Line To Border Point not Into Niger Republic by pat077: 7:22pm On Sep 24, 2020
Buhari is ready to do anything to please his kinsmen @ the detriment of the larger populace.

3 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: FG Is Building Rail Line To Border Point not Into Niger Republic by tot(f): 7:22pm On Sep 24, 2020
nazicartel:
How can Nigeria build rail to Niger,,, it doesn't make any sense nah... But this govt can do anything impossible in human sight

I'm telling you, of all countries. What value does Niger add to Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: FG Is Building Rail Line To Border Point not Into Niger Republic by Kwara1stson: 7:23pm On Sep 24, 2020
LOSKYXANDER:
And they have not completed a single rail from Lagos to Onitsha.....how did I end up in this country? cry
am unending it very soon
Re: Garba Shehu: FG Is Building Rail Line To Border Point not Into Niger Republic by gurunlocker: 7:24pm On Sep 24, 2020
Lol....They will always have excuse.

So we can have more inflow of Fulani from Niger into Nigeria. grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: FG Is Building Rail Line To Border Point not Into Niger Republic by marsman: 7:24pm On Sep 24, 2020
flyingpig:
Oh in that case, Fulani's across Niger republic should just trek with their sticks to the border point and book a train ride from Maradi down to Kano state, file for Local government identification letter by speaking Fulfude as pre-requisite. Then in 2023 presidential elections Kano will produce 7million votes. undecided
Too much blood dey hot in this country, any stupid act or result in 2023 will be risky to the countries stability
Re: Garba Shehu: FG Is Building Rail Line To Border Point not Into Niger Republic by codedguy1(m): 7:24pm On Sep 24, 2020
Wetin dey the border?

What economic importance does building the railway to the border with Niger bring?

Railway yo ends of the earth.
grin grin
Re: Garba Shehu: FG Is Building Rail Line To Border Point not Into Niger Republic by 4four(m): 7:25pm On Sep 24, 2020
rottennaija:
Some people will still shake their heads
me already shaking mia hear sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: FG Is Building Rail Line To Border Point not Into Niger Republic by Ladiesdoctor(m): 7:26pm On Sep 24, 2020
Steewpid thinking from steewpid governance.

Rail line from kano and maradi = Direct expressway for the terrorist into Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu: FG Is Building Rail Line To Border Point not Into Niger Republic by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 24, 2020
BigSarah:
How much does trading between Nigeria and Niger republic add to the country?... This one is a useless project considering the country finance
Before boarder closure most of the foreign rice, mineral oil we consume are from Niger Republic. Donkeys, and other domestic animals are being imported to balance meat demand in the nation. Dawanau food stuff market in Kano is the largest in Africa and foodstuffs like seasame, groundnut, soyabeans, millet are exported in large quantity from Kano to Niger, Libya, Morocco and many other African countries.
Nigerian food business provide citizens with more than $70b annually far more than oil, oil is more important for foreign exchange to government and foreign business.
The problem with us in Nigeria is we hate to see others develop, we're so selfish indeed!

2 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: FG Is Building Rail Line To Border Point not Into Niger Republic by Nauttyprof(m): 7:29pm On Sep 24, 2020
May God just help us with this Government. Excuses we get for attacks was that people from Niger are responsible for it.

Now, this government thought it wise to also provide train that will hasten the attack.

How did I find myself in Nigeria? One question, I just don't have answers to.

2 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: FG Is Building Rail Line To Border Point not Into Niger Republic by Sunkyapogee(m): 7:29pm On Sep 24, 2020
I thought that as much.
Re: Garba Shehu: FG Is Building Rail Line To Border Point not Into Niger Republic by Dayvidblue: 7:29pm On Sep 24, 2020
fergie001:
PREVIOUS THREAD: https://www.nairaland.com/6138471/fg-approves-1.9-billion-rail#94230724

Garba Shehu

This corn-tree na wa oo!

Just imagine, can't see the economic benefit of this project, all I see is someone using our common wealth to the benefit of his kith and
kin on the other side.

3 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: FG Is Building Rail Line To Border Point not Into Niger Republic by eazymoni: 7:29pm On Sep 24, 2020
BigSarah:
How much does trading between Nigeria and Niger republic add to the country?... This one is a useless project considering the country finance
what do you expect from clueless and useless leaders??

3 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: FG Is Building Rail Line To Border Point not Into Niger Republic by BigSarah(f): 7:29pm On Sep 24, 2020
Coronabirus:
Before boarder closure most of the foreign rice, mineral oil we consume are from Niger Republic. Donkeys, and other domestic animals are being imported to balance meat demand in the nation. Dawanau food stuff market in Kano is the largest in Africa and foodstuffs like seasame, groundnut, soyabeans, millet are exported in large quantity from Kano to Niger, Libya, Morocco and many other African countries.
The problem with us in Nigeria is we hate to see others develop, we're so selfish indeed!
So northern Nigeria doesn't feed this country? Like they always claim rather we import from other African countries using their borders?...

7 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: FG Is Building Rail Line To Border Point not Into Niger Republic by Born2Breed(f): 7:30pm On Sep 24, 2020
Train for cows
Re: Garba Shehu: FG Is Building Rail Line To Border Point not Into Niger Republic by geoffez: 7:31pm On Sep 24, 2020
Do we even have leaders that think?,oh my God,how did my parents ended up in this shithole country full of unrèsonable leaders?.When there's no road from Enugu to River state,no road from Anambra to Enugu state.No good road from Lagos to ogun State,abee ogun oyo nko?.my brother idey confused now

3 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: FG Is Building Rail Line To Border Point not Into Niger Republic by bnanzip(m): 7:34pm On Sep 24, 2020
These are part of the stupid policies that these useless government make only to waste the scarce resources of this country then turning to start milking us dry by restricting and stealing from our Dom accounts like what is happening currently, and then increasing tariff and taxes.
When foolish people are at the helm of affairs, these are the useless things they make.

Of what economic value is a railway to Niger republic running into billions of dollars have to add to Nigeria economy?

5 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: FG Is Building Rail Line To Border Point not Into Niger Republic by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 24, 2020
Aforxzy:
Hmmm. What's value will this add to our economy ??.
It'll facilitate human trafficking by esterners and Edo people who always suffer at desert when trying to pass through Niger to Libya in their effort to reach Europe.
Re: Garba Shehu: FG Is Building Rail Line To Border Point not Into Niger Republic by gulfer: 7:35pm On Sep 24, 2020
What is the economic significance of Niger to Nigeria Buhari, be kiafu embarassed angry
Re: Garba Shehu: FG Is Building Rail Line To Border Point not Into Niger Republic by dustydee: 7:35pm On Sep 24, 2020
BigSarah:
Trade between the two nations is quite substantial. There's also plan to make them use our ports for export since they are a landlocked country. It is not a foolish idea.

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: FG Is Building Rail Line To Border Point not Into Niger Republic by Babaken(m): 7:36pm On Sep 24, 2020
What of Lagos to PH passing through, ogun, ondo, Edo, delta, onitsha, Imo, Aba to PH even reach calabar . is too much for them Idi Ala

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: FG Is Building Rail Line To Border Point not Into Niger Republic by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 24, 2020
Daddysidhan:
It's getting clearer that buhari has a devilish agenda for this country, closing the southern border but building railway into Niger republic. Benin Republic is much more economically viable than Niger republic
All Northern boarders are closed for almost a year and PMB asked all northerners who import through land boarder to come through water and now u're saying southern boarder is closed. The main reason Lagos revenue is increasing is because of land boarder closure. Ungrateful people, when Lagos railway was under construction we didn't complain, we appreciate it but now he's building for us u're angry. Everything good in the North u complain, very selfish set of creature, extremely selfish who always think negative about everything.

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: FG Is Building Rail Line To Border Point not Into Niger Republic by Empredboy(m): 7:39pm On Sep 24, 2020
What's its benefits when the border is closed?

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: FG Is Building Rail Line To Border Point not Into Niger Republic by Mokason28: 7:40pm On Sep 24, 2020
tot:
What's the difference?
God bless you, my point exactly... when there is no rail across the south

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: FG Is Building Rail Line To Border Point not Into Niger Republic by Lexzov1: 7:41pm On Sep 24, 2020
Some times when I look at this government, I just pity Nigerians
Re: Garba Shehu: FG Is Building Rail Line To Border Point not Into Niger Republic by 2oby: 7:42pm On Sep 24, 2020
fergie001:
PREVIOUS THREAD: https://www.nairaland.com/6138471/fg-approves-1.9-billion-rail#94230724

Garba Shehu

Islamisation in process. Making the country porous 4 invaders. A Nigerien(Rep. Of Niger) is more a brother than an igbo man as far as a hausa man is concern.

6 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: FG Is Building Rail Line To Border Point not Into Niger Republic by vineyardfarms: 7:43pm On Sep 24, 2020

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: FG Is Building Rail Line To Border Point not Into Niger Republic by Empredboy(m): 7:44pm On Sep 24, 2020
Arrewa:
The obvious economic rationale is to encourage Niger to make Apapa port its main port for import/export using Lagos - Kano Rail line.

Whoever has the most efficient Rail System to deliver move goods and services between the targeted countries and the Atlantic Ocean takes the biggest pie of International trade from them.
Niger can never leave cotonuo port for Nigeria because of its duty which is far cheaper than Nigerian. The time it takes to clear out goods in Nigeria port is another factor.

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: FG Is Building Rail Line To Border Point not Into Niger Republic by Oracleforce: 7:44pm On Sep 24, 2020
LOSKYXANDER:
And they have not completed a single rail from Lagos to Onitsha.....how did I end up in this country? cry

... Because God wants you to taste small from your parent's mistake...
Keep enjoying it....your grandparent enjoyed it till they died..so your not exception..so, remember to pass it to your unborn children...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Orders FG To Pay Igboho N20 Billion / Electoral Act: Ortom Commends President Buhari, Says Decision Best For Country / Call For Ayu’s Resignation Achievable – Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.