Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout (18424 Views)

How Do You Handle Burnout During Coding / How To Manage Burnout And Depression As A Developer / Help On Master Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by fuckdemrepented: 5:56pm On Dec 14, 2020
Drink alot of water
Las las u go dey alright
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by yeme7(m): 6:00pm On Dec 14, 2020
Most of the comments here won't help u

Drink alot of water, drink alot of milk, eat fruits and you will see the magic.... Water is the best

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by CooKeed(m): 6:07pm On Dec 14, 2020
If possible take an extended break. Like 2 weeks at a stretch. No work. 2 weeks without timetable, without deadlines, without deliverables. Just let your mind wander and do whatever you feel like doing. Add exercise to it.

You will come back refreshed.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by aribisala0(m): 6:11pm On Dec 14, 2020
Reduce work hours, sleep well, exercise( I recommend dancing for 30 minutes daily, sexercise , eat well

1 Like

Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by Reference(m): 6:13pm On Dec 14, 2020
MacDodger:
Make work plan give yourself break 2 hrs nap and probably a short evening walk

That is physical tiredness. Burnout is mental fatigue. The solution is to couple your primary activities with your intellectual hobbies is an effective, complimentary manner. That is applying the same section of the brain to different but polar opposite stresses.

It will not work if you activate or stimulate a different part of the brain responsible for other sensibilities for instance you will not break back by eating, sleeping or perhaps binge movie watching.

Mental stress simply does not melt away. It has to be massaged out and you don't have a groin pull and act on you Achilles. It doesn't work that way.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by dgee1(m): 6:24pm On Dec 14, 2020
Everything you said before the "Become a Muslim" statement makes a lot of sense. Tell you what, so many Christians do have their quiet time to "connect" early in the morning, and they remain sensitive throughout the day to 'the things of the spirit'. Same goes for Buddhist and many other religions: they all have different ways to remain "connected" to the divine. Meditation, prayer, keeping a positive mindset is vital to all religion. People need to get "attune" more to these things, that's the issue.
Incognito403:
As a Muslim, it's difficult for me to ever have a burnout. I visit the mosque five times daily. I spend about 5- minutes to the mosque and another 5mins back. The prayer is about 5mins long. That's a minimum of 15minutes break, five times a day.

Also, on my way to/from he mosque, I ponder on the problems I'm trying to solve and, to be honest, I always find a solution before returning home.

No wonder many of my christian mates during undergraduate are always surprised by my performance because I don't spend as much time as them on studying but we get fairly similar results.

Add that to the tranquility, reassurance and blessings in the five daily prayers, you'll be surprised at the wonders.

My special advice for you is to become a Muslim.

7 Likes

Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by Originalsly: 6:24pm On Dec 14, 2020
Bro.... you can go only so long pushing your body.... your body isntelling you it needs rest.... regardless of how important your job is.... take that break... for a few days at least. Make an excuse... your already dead grandmother died and you have to return to the village to help perform certain rites.... don't even try telling them about being burned out. Do you eat healthy?... drink water?.. exercise?... and what the body needs most is rest. You need to pace yourself... at the end of the day you can be tired... but not drained as in sitting to take off your shoes and falling asleep... for hours. Keep pushing.... one day your body will shut down on you.... when there is no energy to even lift your arms. God forbid you are driving. Stay away from energy drinks... thats6mak8ng matters worse in the long run.

P.S.....see me writing upandan? ...work is at peak but here I am.... at home... in bed... resting... regaining my energy level... preventing burnout. Will the company shut down and go out of business because I'm not there?..no. will yours?? If you don't look out for you...who will?

5 Likes

Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 14, 2020
EvilSec:
Anyone has advice on avoiding Burnout? I generally work 11-15 hours a day, then try to spend my limited free time towards Research & Development but since the beginning of the year I have started to Burnout pretty bad. It’s not that I lost my drive, motivation or passion. I just can’t do it. At this point, I burnout daily and I am having a hard time staying constant with studying for certifications or R & D in general. Any advice?
I feel your pain and can relate a lot with what you are going through.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by rhames(m): 6:33pm On Dec 14, 2020
EvilSec:
Anyone has advice on avoiding Burnout? I generally work 11-15 hours a day, then try to spend my limited free time towards Research & Development but since the beginning of the year I have started to Burnout pretty bad. It’s not that I lost my drive, motivation or passion. I just can’t do it. At this point, I burnout daily and I am having a hard time staying constant with studying for certifications or R & D in general. Any advice?

Take two weeks off to regenerate.
When I have such, I travel to an environment away from my work and come back.

Reduce your work time and spend more time with your family or spouse. Don't discuss work but your romantic life.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by Nyanabo(m): 6:34pm On Dec 14, 2020
Treat yourself to a stress free vacation without work or study. After a while you get your groove back. its what i do.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 14, 2020
I need a Christmas boyfriend.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by Ghostmode2two(m): 6:41pm On Dec 14, 2020
You need some rest please
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by Karleb(m): 6:43pm On Dec 14, 2020
Chii59:
I need a Christmas boyfriend.
This is a joke. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by doggedfighter(f): 6:51pm On Dec 14, 2020
Karleb:

This is a joke. cheesy

I don't think it is grin grin grin grin grin grin

I don't mind one too grin grin grin
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by Worksunlimited: 6:52pm On Dec 14, 2020
EvilSec:

1. You need time to rest.

2. Up your eating pattern

3. Addition of multivitamins to your meal regimen..

4. Take lots of fruits and water..

5. Give yourself a break and live a little
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by 1x2x3: 6:52pm On Dec 14, 2020
EvilSec:

https://www.nairaland.com/6258028/modafinil-smart-drug-experience

Read that and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by Karleb(m): 6:54pm On Dec 14, 2020
doggedfighter:

I don't think it is grin grin grin grin grin grin

I don't mind one too grin grin grin
Do you want a boyfriend or a Christmas boyfriend?
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by doggedfighter(f): 6:57pm On Dec 14, 2020
Karleb:

Do you want a boyfriend or a Christmas boyfriend?

If I get him now and the journey is good we take it from here t to anywhere but at the moment he's a Christmas boyfriend grin
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by Karleb(m): 6:59pm On Dec 14, 2020
doggedfighter:

If I get him now and the journey is good we take it from here t to anywhere but at the moment he's a Christmas boyfriend grin

Obviously, this is a joke.
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by flamingREED(m): 7:07pm On Dec 14, 2020
That God I didn't die December last year. I suffered mental wreckage.
Nairaland is a mental wrecker.
This end of year I'm already perceiving the symptoms.
But I'm wiser now.
I won't kill myself to prove anything to anyone.
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by NdigboWorldwide: 7:10pm On Dec 14, 2020
EvilSec:

Schedule you time, I have contract with infinite studio which makes me code daily and still have time for my hauling trucks side business which I employed drivers too. I interact with this my businesses daily but still create out up to 5 hours of breaks.
Sometimes I have this huge to just be on computers all time during my breaks, but with I don't play with my schedules and the gaming studio makes it mandatory to take that rest.
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by Omezif(m): 7:10pm On Dec 14, 2020
Rest, oral drip, drinking a lot of water and some pain killer drugs are the best solution for burnout.
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by Reference(m): 7:11pm On Dec 14, 2020
This rest or relaxation or holidays people talk about only works if it is stimulating to the part of the brain under stress. If it is not the day or few days after resumption you'd find yourself almost back to the same levels as before whereas there are several people I know who have never taken a holiday all their working Iives and they are in top shape.

The key is knowing your limits, knowing how you push the grey matter in one direction and then pull it back the other. Luckily for me for instance I am my own boss so I can have four or five screens on at my desk (when at my desk) so I don't task for instance the creative cortex for longer than an hour then I switch to something else for thirty minutes before returning.

If you want to grow mental endurance the last thing you should do is to tax that part of the brain continuously without reprieve. Have something running parallel.

As they humourously say, if you are a police detective for instance trying to solve a difficult crime you should have a sudoku booklet in you back pocket.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by iamclime(m): 7:14pm On Dec 14, 2020
Emmandu:
I wish you the best!!

Meanwhile I want to sell an almost new HP folio 1040 G2 laptop. Check my signature for details and contact
Give full specs here, and asking price. Thanks
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by HalpyBee(f): 7:16pm On Dec 14, 2020
Here to learn.
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by darkdenizen: 7:16pm On Dec 14, 2020
I am a bit surprised at some comments suggesting going 4 breaks and vacay as solutions to work related stress. It is a solution quite alright but only for the short term. My advice to u is that if you are getting so much work on ur desk and so little done then it means its time for u to expand ur biznes and employ more hands to assist u while u pay ur employees some stipends. Dont be greedy, dont overstress urself. Stress kills.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by AIT1(m): 7:16pm On Dec 14, 2020
hinere:
First things first. Most people dont even understand the meaning of Burnout. Well here u have it...
Burnout is a reaction to prolonged or chronic job stress and is characterized by three main dimensions: exhaustion, cynicism (less identification with the job), and feelings of reduced professional ability.

Remedy:
As a Plant Stem Cell Therapist. I would ask you some questions.
When last did you exercise?
When last did you go out to have fun?
When last did u switch off to try something entirely new?
Answer these questions, make necessary changes and you will be alright.

We all need a break in our lives.
If Buhari can take Vacations even in the heat of Crises in Nigeria, who are you not to?

Thats my 2 cents

Does stem cell work for diabetics?
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by hinere(m): 7:19pm On Dec 14, 2020
AIT1:

Does stem cell work for diabetics?

Yes
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by ElonMosque(m): 7:23pm On Dec 14, 2020
Take a breather. Watch some comedy (Katt Williams or Dave Chapelle) on YouTube. Watch Atalanta or Liverpool play. Take some beer. Avoid anything caffeinated.You’ll be back to normal in no time smiley

1 Like

Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by GogetterMD(m): 7:24pm On Dec 14, 2020
You need to slow down. 15hrs a day is kind of much. Plus, AVOID LAGOS!!!
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by sixtus3606(m): 7:25pm On Dec 14, 2020
EvilSec:
my brother, just go on general vacation (from work, critical thought, brainstorming and the likes). just sleep, wake up, eat , exercise. Trust me, after 2 weeks, the hunger to work will set in again.

it's natural. Good luck.
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by frozen70(f): 7:30pm On Dec 14, 2020
EvilSec:

You are the one engaging yourself with all the burnout

Create a break from your schedule and also pay attention to your health

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why I Dumped Wordpress As A CMS (my Experience) / Coding Looks Cool. / Programming Competition: Search Engine Task. Rewards up for grabs.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.