Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout (18426 Views)

How Do You Handle Burnout During Coding / How To Manage Burnout And Depression As A Developer / Help On Master Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by Kunja2: 11:10pm On Dec 14, 2020
hinere:
First things first. Most people dont even understand the meaning of Burnout. Well here u have it...
Burnout is a reaction to prolonged or chronic job stress and is characterized by three main dimensions: exhaustion, cynicism (less identification with the job), and feelings of reduced professional ability.
Remedy:
As a Plant Stem Cell Therapist. I would ask you some questions.
When last did you exercise?
When last did you go out to have fun?
When last did u switch off to try something entirely new?
Answer these questions, make necessary changes and you will be alright.

We all need a break in our lives.
If Buhari can take Vacations even in the heat of Crises in Nigeria, who are you not to?

Thats my 2 cents
what does a plant stem cell Therapist do?
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 14, 2020
Chii59:

It's an oral medication not the surgery, dear.
Infact come closer what are you getting me this Christmas? I know say you no dey celebrate Christmas, e no matter grin
Shulai come inbox?

What do you mean by Christmas boyfriend, B4 I write my application grin
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by armyofone(m): 11:30pm On Dec 14, 2020
Fit in exercise such as long walks, hiking, jogging, weight lifting etc into your schedule at least 5 times a week.

Don't take your mental health for a joke causing yourself nervous breakdown. It's one life.
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by Nobody: 11:42pm On Dec 14, 2020
dataslid:

What do you mean by Christmas boyfriend, B4 I write my application grin
Anyhow you interprete it to mean, Issokay.
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by Nobody: 11:42pm On Dec 14, 2020
NOwazobia:
I think you should take that prayer to the bank, because you will need it later.
Let me worry about that. Not you.
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by Nobody: 11:53pm On Dec 14, 2020
Chii59:

Anyhow you interprete it to mean, Issokay.

Lemme teach you how to program with JavaScript
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by Nobody: 12:39am On Dec 15, 2020
dataslid:

Lemme teach you how to program with JavaScript
Does it involve accounting?
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by CaptainFM1: 5:06am On Dec 15, 2020
My advice is "Don't set target". And if you must, make sure the targets are broken down into piecemeal.

After all, how do you eat an elephant?
(Piece-by-piece)

Remember to celebrate and recreate after delivering on each targets. It will set the tone right for your next target.
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 15, 2020
Chii59:

Does it involve accounting?

Yeah, it could help ur accounting and make u more employable by any employer

Because the menial task of ur job can be automated

I was just kidding when I offered to teach u programming but seriously u don't need a sidechick, ur main guy is ok. You just need to work harder.

Like me I work hard like hell, I do it because my motivation is not d money, fame or such things. I could still manage 20k/month. But I believe I am creating value through my work.

For me no matter what I wish I had, when I eventually get it, after fews days it doesn't freak me anymore, so I have no dream buy and I can live a basic live happily, a life not driven by other people opinion, influence e.t.c. but my own pure decisions.
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by hstar: 10:42am On Dec 15, 2020
Sorry o
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 15, 2020
dataslid:

Yeah, it could help ur accounting and make u more employable by any employer

Because the menial task of ur job can be automated

I was just kidding when I offered to teach u programming but seriously u don't need a sidechick, ur main guy is ok. You just need to work harder.

Like me I work hard like hell, I do it because my motivation is not d money, fame or such things. I could still manage 20k/month. But I believe I am creating value through my work.

For me no matter what I wish I had, when I eventually get it, after fews days it doesn't freak me anymore, so I have no dream buy and I can live a basic live happily, a life not driven by other people opinion, influence e.t.c. but my own pure decisions.
Who said I had a main guy?
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 15, 2020
Chii59:

Who said I had a main guy?

Hmmmm, I find that hard to believe are u on WhatsApp
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by Bioles1187(m): 11:36am On Dec 15, 2020
@ Sunkyphil abeg bro help me with d girl u just post now that stay around egbada help me with her michat name
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 15, 2020
dataslid:

Hmmmm, I find that hard to believe are u on WhatsApp
I am.
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 15, 2020
Chii59:

I am.

I will send u an email, I hope u don't have any other moniker with the name precious chika
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 15, 2020
dataslid:

I will send u an email, I hope u don't have any other moniker with the name precious chika
Who's chika
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 15, 2020
Chii59:

Who's chika

It is was someone I met on NL, I have forgotten the moniker but since people change moniker, I might be talking to same person over again she said, she did accounting, I think we met on an introvert thread. You guys seems d same
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 15, 2020
dataslid:

It is was someone I met on NL, I have forgotten the moniker but since people change moniker, I might be talking to same person over again she said, she did accounting, I think we met on an introvert thread. You guys seems d same
Chi is a common prefix to ibo names. Does she look like me?
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 15, 2020
Chii59:

Chi is a common prefix to ibo names. Does she look like me?
Cool, i know chi - means god, like oluwa in yoruba, ok I send u a mail, I just had to check for cyclical redundancy
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by cooooooks(m): 4:59pm On Dec 15, 2020
Lol. It's a free country dear.

Chii59:

It's an oral medication not the surgery, dear.
Infact come closer what are you getting me this Christmas? I know say you no dey celebrate Christmas, e no matter grin
Shulai come inbox?
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by Quitam: 4:14pm On Dec 18, 2020
Incognito403:
As a Muslim, it's difficult for me to ever have a burnout. I visit the mosque five times daily. I spend about 5- minutes to the mosque and another 5mins back. The prayer is about 5mins long. That's a minimum of 15minutes break, five times a day.

Also, on my way to/from he mosque, I ponder on the problems I'm trying to solve and, to be honest, I always find a solution before returning home.

No wonder many of my christian mates during undergraduate are always surprised by my performance because I don't spend as much time as them on studying but we get fairly similar results.

Add that to the tranquility, reassurance and blessings in the five daily prayers, you'll be surprised at the wonders.

My special advice for you is to become a Muslim.

Brother, i agree with you only to a little extent. Yes, prayers improve one's mental health and spirituality, but not necessarily ward off psychological issues like burn out and depression. I observe my daily prayers, i do voluntary fasts..... but experienced burn out last year. I had a demanding sales job which sapped all my energy. I couldn't get a leave for 3 years, so no time to fully rejuvenate my mental strength. I've learnt my lessons now
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by TheSourcerer: 11:11pm On Dec 18, 2020
doggedfighter:

If I get him now and the journey is good we take it from here t to anywhere but at the moment he's a Christmas boyfriend grin
hey ! ...... so that thread was removed,
Re: I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout by doggedfighter(f): 6:45am On Dec 19, 2020
TheSourcerer:
hey ! ...... so that thread was removed,

Oh..... The burnout thread?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why I Dumped Wordpress As A CMS (my Experience) / Coding Looks Cool. / Programming Competition: Search Engine Task. Rewards up for grabs.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.