Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,697 members, 7,820,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Student Visa To Kenya - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Student Visa To Kenya (2404 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Student Visa To Kenya by Raylight2(m): 7:45am On Sep 25, 2020
please I need information on what I need to process a student VISA to Kenya. I got a scholarship and I am to leave by January by God's grace. I am expecting the invitation letter from the school in a few days. I want to know what documents I need to have in order to process it.

I would also want to know how much to process an international passport (express)

if I get a VISA in November, can I just hold it till January when I am leaving? or will its validity be running out?
please help.

thanks
Raylight

1 Like

Re: Student Visa To Kenya by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 25, 2020
Is this the pan African univeristy scholarship??
Re: Student Visa To Kenya by Raylight2(m): 9:09am On Sep 25, 2020
1StopRudeness:
Is this the pan African univeristy scholarship??
No. ACADEMY Project. European Commission Sponsored. Very limited institutions involved
Re: Student Visa To Kenya by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 25, 2020
Raylight2:
No. ACADEMY Project. European Commission Sponsored. Very limited institutions involved
Oh! Ok... I run an addmision agency as a side gig so I made some applications for about 10 people for pan African scholarship(masters & phd) to Kenya, Algeria and Nigeria....was wondering if they’ve started calling...cos the submission just closed September 10th.

Can u throw me the link to this academy project ...so I can add it to my resources....the more the better..
Re: Student Visa To Kenya by Raylight2(m): 10:55am On Sep 25, 2020
1StopRudeness:

Oh! Ok... I run an addmision agency as a side gig so I made some applications for about 10 people for pan African scholarship(masters & phd) to Kenya, Algeria and Nigeria....was wondering if they’ve started calling...cos the submission just closes September 10th.

Can u throw me the link to this academy project ...so I can add it to my resources....the more the better..

JUST UI PG STUDENTS

https://academy.univ-tlemcen.dz/
Re: Student Visa To Kenya by Pavore9: 11:43am On Sep 25, 2020
Raylight2:
please I need information on what I need to process a student VISA to Kenya. I got a scholarship and I am to leave by January by God's grace. I am expecting the invitation letter from the school in a few days. I want to know what documents I need to have in order to process it.

I would also want to know how much to process an international passport (express)

if I get a VISA in November, can I just hold it till January when I am leaving? or will its validity be running out?
please help.

thanks
Raylight

What is the duration of the intending study?
Re: Student Visa To Kenya by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 25, 2020
Re: Student Visa To Kenya by Raylight2(m): 2:57pm On Sep 25, 2020
Pavore9:

What is the duration of the intending study?
6 months
Re: Student Visa To Kenya by Pavore9: 3:39pm On Sep 25, 2020
Raylight2:
6 months

You don't need a student visa (Kenyan Pupil Pass). A Nigerian came to Nairobi last year for a 6 months IT related course, he came in with a tourist visa and had his tourist visa extended covering the 6 months before returning back to Nigeria

International students both undergraduate and postgraduate, apply for it when they are already in Kenya as their institutions of learning facilitate the application. Getting the student visa is not a walk in the park as it takes many months as I know many Nigerian students who got it after 8-9months after resuming at their universities though some got theirs within 3 months as it "depends on who is processing".

I will also advise you to ask the awarding institution what is required of you, immigration- wise.

2 Likes

Re: Student Visa To Kenya by writeprof(m): 7:02pm On Sep 26, 2020
Pavore9:

You don't need a student visa (Kenyan Pupil Pass). A Nigerian came to Nairobi last year for a 6 months IT related course, he came in with a tourist visa and had his tourist visa extended covering the 6 months before returning back to Nigeria

International students both undergraduate and postgraduate, apply for it when they are already in Kenya as their institutions of learning facilitate the application. Getting the student visa is not a walk in the park as it takes many months as I know many Nigerian students who got it after 8-9months after resuming at their universities though some got theirs within 3 months as it "depends on who is processing".

I will also advise you to ask the awarding institution what is required of you, immigration- wise.

What do I need to get a tourist visa to Kenya?
Re: Student Visa To Kenya by Raylight2(m): 2:14pm On Sep 27, 2020
Pavore9:

thanks for this. I will do just that
Re: Student Visa To Kenya by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 12:20pm On Sep 28, 2020
1StopRudeness:

Thanks
kindly drop the link you yours as well. Thanks
Re: Student Visa To Kenya by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 28, 2020
Re: Student Visa To Kenya by mechoau(m): 5:49pm On Sep 29, 2020
1StopRudeness:

Oh! Ok... I run an addmision agency as a side gig so I made some applications for about 10 people for pan African scholarship(masters & phd) to Kenya, Algeria and Nigeria....was wondering if they’ve started calling...cos the submission just closed September 10th.

Pls sir, can we talk privately? I need your help
Re: Student Visa To Kenya by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 29, 2020
mechoau:

Pls sir, can we talk privately? I need your help

Use the nairalnad way on ur menu...
Re: Student Visa To Kenya by mechoau(m): 9:44pm On Sep 29, 2020
1StopRudeness:

Use the nairalnad way on ur menu...

I sent you a pm, did you get it ?
Re: Student Visa To Kenya by Pavore9: 9:38am On Oct 01, 2020
writeprof:

What do I need to get a tourist visa to Kenya?
http://evisa.go.ke/single-entry-visa.html
Re: Student Visa To Kenya by writeprof(m): 3:36pm On Oct 01, 2020
Re: Student Visa To Kenya by Raylight2(m): 9:53pm On Oct 01, 2020
Pavore9:

thanks.

I saw on the website that processing time for the eVISA is 2 business days. how true is this please?

I will need mine in a few weeks after ASUU calls off strike. when do you think is best to apply for the VISA please?
Re: Student Visa To Kenya by masarauta11(m): 2:29pm On Dec 02, 2020
Pavore9:

Hello Pavore9!

From your posts on this thread, I understand that you have an experience living in Kenya.

Please I want to know if 60,000 Kenyan Shilling is enough for me to live in Kenya for a month.

A company there contact me for a position of Content Moderator, for a year. And they are willing to pay me 40,000 KSH per month salary, and 20,000 KSH out of country allowance, also per month.

They will also cover all the travelling and immigration costs. And one year medical insurance.

Please I need urgent answer. I want to reply them before they close the business for today.

Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Mexico To Usa Route / I Have Plans To Travel Out Of The Country But Not A Graduate / Spanish Nationality By Origin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.