Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,467 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

I Will Remove Makinde In 2023- Adelabu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Remove Makinde In 2023- Adelabu (1361 Views)

Wike, Ibori, Makinde In Closed Door Meeting With Tinubu(picture) / Seyi Makinde In Shorts As Davido Visits Him / Thugs Attacked Seyi Makinde In Lokoja (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Remove Makinde In 2023- Adelabu by n3xt(m): 9:38am On Sep 25, 2020
The 2019 governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Oyo State - Chief Adebayo Adelabu Penkelemes has declared he is happy that he didn’t win last year's gubernatorial elections against the incumbent Governor Seyi Makinde. He vowed to dislodge the governor in 2023.

Former Deputy Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria disclosed this in Ibadan on Thursday, during a media parley and lunch with journalists in commemoration of his 50th birthday anniversary.

According to Oloye Adelabu, losing the election has afforded him opportunity of knowing more about how progressive family in Oyo state operate.

In his words, "I will be a better governor in 2023 than 2019 because I have become wiser politically, closer to party leaders and grassroots politics. I can now relate well with the party faithfuls.

"My interest in contesting is existing and will never die. I’m so confident and optimistic we shall dislodge PDP-led government in Oyo State come 2023. With the ongoing reconciliation process within Oyo APC, no party can stand the way of APC, come 2023”.

Oloye Adelabu while reiterating his commitment to a better Oyo State, described Engr Seyi Makinde's administration as lacking foresight.

Reacting to the performance of the Makinde-led administration, Oloye Adelabu said nothing reasonable has been done since Makinde was inaugurated as the state governor.

According to him, “everything PDP government has been doing is not directly beneficial to the masses. A good government must understand the needs of the people which the current administration has failed to do. Philantropy is good but it should not be a basis for selecting a leader"

“It is evident that I will remove Makinde in 2023. He lacks ideas. Everything this administration promised the people of the state is still on their wish list 16 months after coming on board. With the calibre of people that have returned to APC, no party can stand the way of our party,” he said.

Adelabu stated further that no state needs a governor before salary is paid. "When salary is paid through statutory allocations and it goes straight to the Accountant General, they take it to the bank and they pay. Why must that be the major achievement of any governor?" he stressed.

“Makinde is decieving people with his populist programmes, which, in most cases, are not always giving the state sustainable development, it is more about immediate consumption. Populist programmes are short-lived. Within a short period, people will know that this man doesn’t really have so much to offer in terms of sustainable infrastructural development".

Adelabu, who promised to come back with full force vowed to dislodge the current government noted that the factors that led to Makinde's emergence are no longer available couple with the caliber of people that are in APC which will ease the taking over of government from PDP.

The Parakoyi of Ibadan land was full of thanks to God for sparing his life to reach 50 years, noting that his grandfather, Adegoke Adelabu and father AbdulRauf Adelabu, both died aged 43 and 33 respectively.

Source: Facebook

2 Likes

Re: I Will Remove Makinde In 2023- Adelabu by NeoWanZaeed(m): 9:47am On Sep 25, 2020
sey makinde no try again ni
Re: I Will Remove Makinde In 2023- Adelabu by nzeobi(m): 9:57am On Sep 25, 2020
Oga win the primaries of your party first because there are many others eyeing the ticket too

6 Likes

Re: I Will Remove Makinde In 2023- Adelabu by SmartProf(m): 9:58am On Sep 25, 2020
You are in 2020 and shouting about 2023 as if you are the giver of life. Well, after returning from a beer parlour, anyone can make any statement.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Remove Makinde In 2023- Adelabu by tollyboy5(m): 10:00am On Sep 25, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:
sey makinde no try again ni
Lol if seyi makinde no well then it would be a welcome development. I've not seen Oyo state governor doing anything tho
Re: I Will Remove Makinde In 2023- Adelabu by nazicartel(m): 10:01am On Sep 25, 2020
This big man should go to the grass root then, start now to help people from the local areas, do much you can do for the development of your people...
Re: I Will Remove Makinde In 2023- Adelabu by colorsofrainbow: 10:02am On Sep 25, 2020
Only possible if APC remains united

3 Likes

Re: I Will Remove Makinde In 2023- Adelabu by tollyboy5(m): 10:04am On Sep 25, 2020
SmartProf:
You are in 2020 and shouting about 2023 as if you are the giver of life. After returning from a beer parlour, anyone can make any statement.
Don't mind them most of them don't have the masses at heart.
Buruji kashamu dragged PDP ticket with hon ladi for Governorship candidate. I was surprised that two ijebu powerful men from the same party can't step down for one another!

Now they both lost and buruju is dead now. Had it been he knew is gonna die he would have left it for Ladi

5 Likes

Re: I Will Remove Makinde In 2023- Adelabu by seunmsg(m): 10:12am On Sep 25, 2020
Very possible if the party is united. Makinde is an audio Governor with little or no achievements. He’s even overreaching himself by meddling in the political affairs of other state. If APC can put their house in other, Makinde will be easily defeated.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Remove Makinde In 2023- Adelabu by gurunlocker: 10:52am On Sep 25, 2020
seunmsg:
Very possible if the party is united. Makinde is an audio Governor with little or no achievements. He’s even overreaching himself by meddling in the political affairs of other state. If APC can put their house in other, Makinde will be easily defeated.

Our correspondence from Lagos abi na Ekiti you dey grin grin grin

What has the video governor in your state done differently?

4 Likes

Re: I Will Remove Makinde In 2023- Adelabu by gbowoade85142: 10:53am On Sep 25, 2020
Only possibility if APC remains unity
Re: I Will Remove Makinde In 2023- Adelabu by Lipscomb(m): 10:57am On Sep 25, 2020
Lol you can't win primary election again...
Re: I Will Remove Makinde In 2023- Adelabu by Babacele: 10:59am On Sep 25, 2020
seunmsg:
Adelabu shouldn't shout but work ,party or no party issue. He should continue endearing himself to the people and stop being confrontational now while not shying away from pointing out the shortcomings of the present administration. Truth be told, Makinde never confronted Ajimobi of blessed memory until late , towards elections when it was obvious the people were tired of Ajimobi. Adelabu is a formidable candidate no doubt .
Re: I Will Remove Makinde In 2023- Adelabu by Aksnoopy: 11:07am On Sep 25, 2020
Story for the gods.
APC in Oyo State, Never again!!!

3 Likes

Re: I Will Remove Makinde In 2023- Adelabu by seunmsg(m): 11:16am On Sep 25, 2020
gurunlocker:

Our correspondence from Lagos abi na Ekiti you dey grin grin grin

What has the video governor in your state done differently?

I’m proudly from Ekiti. That I am from Ekiti doesn’t mean I am a Fayemi supporter. Call Fayemi whatever you like, it’s your business. As far as Oyo is concerned, Makinde is an audio Governor with little or nothing to show as achievements since he was sworn in.

1 Like

Re: I Will Remove Makinde In 2023- Adelabu by Gondonu: 11:18am On Sep 25, 2020
Another chest beating failure on the prowl.

1 Like

Re: I Will Remove Makinde In 2023- Adelabu by iokpebholo: 11:22am On Sep 25, 2020
seunmsg:

I’m proudly from Ekiti. That I am from Ekiti doesn’t mean I am a Fayemi supporter. Call Fayemi whatever you like, it’s your business. As far as Oyo is concerned, Makinde is an audio Governor with little or nothing to show as achievements since he was sworn in.
Oh u from Ekiti but almost killed ursef cos of Edo election.shame shame shame grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: I Will Remove Makinde In 2023- Adelabu by deboysben(m): 11:28am On Sep 25, 2020
seunmsg:

wetin concern u with oyo state why not mind your ekiti state and leave oyo people and their governor alone this Tinubu disciple.

4 Likes

Re: I Will Remove Makinde In 2023- Adelabu by seunmsg(m): 11:29am On Sep 25, 2020
iokpebholo:
Oh u from Ekiti but almost killed ursef cos of Edo election.shame shame shame grin grin grin

How did you kill yourself over Edo election? Did you take rat poison or what?

1 Like

Re: I Will Remove Makinde In 2023- Adelabu by seunmsg(m): 11:31am On Sep 25, 2020
deboysben:
wetin concern u with oyo state why not mind your ekiti state and leave oyo people and their governor alone this Tinubu disciple.

There is no Nairaland rule that says someone from Ekiti cannot comment on a thread where Oyo State affairs is being discussed. If you don’t like my comment, skip it and move on. You don’t have to quote me to spew rubbish.

1 Like

Re: I Will Remove Makinde In 2023- Adelabu by gurunlocker: 11:34am On Sep 25, 2020
seunmsg:

Of course I like Fayemi but on what basis are you judging GSM? Opposition? When last did you visit Oyo? Is it about what you are reading online?

What has Fayemi done? And what has sanwo done?

4 Likes

Re: I Will Remove Makinde In 2023- Adelabu by omowolewa: 11:40am On Sep 25, 2020
You will remove Makinde? He be skirt or cap?

3 Likes

Re: I Will Remove Makinde In 2023- Adelabu by kcnwaigbo: 11:40am On Sep 25, 2020
seunmsg:
grin cheesy

Bros when will the supreme court remove Obaseki like you threatened!!awon progressives!! Bloody hypocrite

2 Likes

Re: I Will Remove Makinde In 2023- Adelabu by kcnwaigbo: 11:42am On Sep 25, 2020
gurunlocker:

Of course I like Fayemi but on what basis are you judging GSM? Opposition? When last did you visit Oyo? Is it about what you are reading online?

What has Fayemi done? And what has sanwo done?
His only grouse with GSM is his political party!! This dude exposed his hypocrisy last week after Obaseki's victory

2 Likes

Re: I Will Remove Makinde In 2023- Adelabu by Ausmos: 12:09pm On Sep 25, 2020
Some times, it baffles when complete strangers meddle with affairs that don't concern them while turning blind eyes to the gross failure of their Lagos-controlled failing party. When people opt to call GSM failure within a little over a year on office, I wonder if those guys are objective or being plain hypocritical.

It was glaring that the APC government ochestrated GSM's victory courtesy of Ajimobi's last days in power.

And while they are still at loggerheads with themselves in spite of failed efforts of Fayemi, who is still grappling with local politics in Ekiti state, those same people are dreaming of grabbing power, it's baffling.

The same GSM was heavily involved in breaking the godfather hold on Edo, which is still fresh in our minds and Ondo is up next.

This same audio Governor has impacted my town, Saki in Oyo more than Ajimobi in all his 8th year reign. Leave local politics for the owners and try to resolve the one in your state.

And come to think of it, why would any sane person vote APC?
That would be completely suicidal.

Ask Edo people

1 Like

Re: I Will Remove Makinde In 2023- Adelabu by PureGoldh(m): 12:09pm On Sep 25, 2020
Fingers crossed
Re: I Will Remove Makinde In 2023- Adelabu by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:18pm On Sep 25, 2020
I like how you guys served that hypocrite seun hot.
Re: I Will Remove Makinde In 2023- Adelabu by deboysben(m): 12:36pm On Sep 25, 2020
seunmsg:

There is no Nairaland rule that says someone from Ekiti cannot comment on a thread where Oyo State affairs is being discussed. If you don’t like my comment, skip it and move on. You don’t have to quote me to spew rubbish.
face ekiti and leave oyo state alone it is as simple as abc.
Oyo people are happy with their working gov.
The best gov in south west presently.
Re: I Will Remove Makinde In 2023- Adelabu by deboysben(m): 12:38pm On Sep 25, 2020
Ausmos:
Some times, it baffles when complete strangers meddle with affairs that don't concern them while turning blind eyes to the gross failure of their Lagos-controlled failing party. When people opt to call GSM failure within a little over a year on office, I wonder if those guys are objective or being plain hypocritical.

It was glaring that the APC government ochestrated GSM's victory courtesy of Ajimobi's last days in power.

And while they are still at loggerheads with themselves in spite of failed efforts of Fayemi, who is still grappling with local politics in Ekiti state, those same people are dreaming of grabbing power, it's baffling.

The same GSM was heavily involved in breaking the godfather hold on Edo, which is still fresh in our minds and Ondo is up next.

This same audio Governor has impacted my town, Saki in Oyo more than Ajimobi in all his 8th year reign. Leave local politics for the owners and try to resolve the one in your state.

And come to think of it, why would any sane person vote APC?
That would be completely suicidal.

Ask Edo people
they hate anything about pdp forgetting that apc and pdp are the same
Re: I Will Remove Makinde In 2023- Adelabu by benzion72(m): 12:39pm On Sep 25, 2020
seunmsg:

You are wrong. I am not APC/PDP but Makinde is one of the best that has ever happen to Oyo State. I leave in Apete behind Polytechnic Ibadan our road are under construction has I am typing this, there is a dump site at Asunle it has been transformed into a waste recycling center. There is a river in Adeosun that prevent people from getting to their houses that need a bridge Makinde has also fixed that. Dont stay in Ekiti and be judging what you Dont know. Oyo state government also has a feedback system where you lodge complaint and you get response. The current TESCOM recruitment is so open and plain for everyone to see. I beg

2 Likes

Re: I Will Remove Makinde In 2023- Adelabu by nzeobi(m): 3:01pm On Sep 25, 2020
seunmsg:
Tell us what your video governors of osun and ogun done that makinde has not done.
Re: I Will Remove Makinde In 2023- Adelabu by slivertongue: 4:05pm On Sep 25, 2020
consolation story of a loser

(1) (Reply)

Umahi Attcaked My Party So He Has Attacked Me I Can't Take It Lightly - Wike / Between Atiku (PDP) And Tinubu (APC): Who Do You Think Is Most Likely To Win / Uwazuruike Leader Of BIM-MASSOB To Address UN.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.