Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,788 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Fg’s Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Cry Out Over Extortion By Community Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg’s Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Cry Out Over Extortion By Community Leaders (218 Views)

99.9% Households Yet To Receive FG’s Cash Transfer – World Bank / 98% Of Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Are Women – Apera Iorwa (NASSCO Coordinator) / 16,744 Persons In Kaduna Receive N20,000 FG's Cash Transfer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fg’s Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Cry Out Over Extortion By Community Leaders by dimejiamuda: 9:50am On Sep 25, 2020
Beneficiaries of the federal government Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT) programme have lamented the way some traditional and community leaders in their locality have been extorting them.

The victims spoke at a meeting organized by The Resource Centre for Human Rights and Civic Education, CHRICED titled Conditional Cash Transfer Redress Mechanism held at Chilla Luxury suites in Kano on Thursday.

They alleged that they were compelled to pay between N500 and N1000 each from their monthly CCT allowance of N5000 to some corrupt ward and village heads in some parts of the state.

A woman leader who spoke with Nigerian Sketch said “to be honest, initially I was afraid to speak out at this meeting, but with what is happening here today, I feel I should speak out.

“As a woman leader, I normally collect monies from the beneficiaries and proceed to hand over the monies to traditional heads in my area in Gwarzo local government.”
Also a CCT payment monitoring exercise conducted by CHRICED led by Huraira Isiyaku revealed that ....
Read more:
https://nigeriansketch.com/fgs-cash-transfer-beneficiaries-cry-out-over-extortion-by-community-leaders/

(1) (Reply)

Ten Major Take Away From The BBC Yoruba Debate Held Yesterday / Merge Oyo, Osun, Ekiti And Kwara States..they're Not Viable / Zulum: Bring Chadian Soldiers To Join Boko Haram Battle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.