Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,481 members, 7,830,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Governor Wike Reveals Why IGP Asked Him To Leave Edo On Election Eve - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Wike Reveals Why IGP Asked Him To Leave Edo On Election Eve (679 Views)

Edo Election: IGP Asks Wike To Leave Edo, Governor Refuses / Deji Adeyanju Petitions EFCC Over Tinubu’s Election Eve Bullion Vans / ‘I Leave Edo Assembly Crisis To Benin Ancestors’ – Oba Ewuare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Wike Reveals Why IGP Asked Him To Leave Edo On Election Eve by Abdulazeez99: 10:40am On Sep 25, 2020
Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike says the Inspector-General of Police Mohammed Adamu in a telephone conversation on the eve of Edo governorship election ordered him to leave the state immediately, Igbere TV reports .

Wike was chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party’s governorship campaign in Edo. PDP had alleged that more than 100 policemen laid a siege at the hotel where Wike and other PDP governors stayed on the eve of Edo polls.

PDP candidate Governor Godwin Obaseki won the election for a second term.

In an appearance on Channels Television’s breakfast show Sunrise Daily on Friday, Wike said he perceived the IGP was upset with him because he challenged the illegal deduction of the Rivers State financial allocation for the police fund.

“The IG never saw me outside. I was inside my room and I got a call from the IG that I must leave Edo State. What surprised me was why should I leave Edo State? I am the chairman of the campaign council and the chairman does not mean that after the campaign, you leave. No, you must monitor what is going on so that at the end of the day, you would be able to write your report,” he said.

“I discovered that the IG’s own had nothing to do with the election because I remembered that some time ago my commissioner returned to me from a FAAC meeting and said there were deductions made to the Police Trust Fund.

“I asked who approved it because the police are under the exclusive list and not the concurrent list. I told my attorney-general to challenge it. This angered the IG.”

Igbere TV reports that Wike further stated that the police boss was angry with him for obstructing the arrest of a former acting managing director of the Niger Delta Development Commission Joi Nunieh.

https://igberetvnews.com/1365861/governor-wike-reveals-igp-asked-leave-edo-election-eve/

Lalasticlala

Re: Governor Wike Reveals Why IGP Asked Him To Leave Edo On Election Eve by Macphenson: 10:43am On Sep 25, 2020
Wike my man
Re: Governor Wike Reveals Why IGP Asked Him To Leave Edo On Election Eve by Saig: 10:44am On Sep 25, 2020
It's always for their own interest, never for the interest of the general public
Re: Governor Wike Reveals Why IGP Asked Him To Leave Edo On Election Eve by SmartProf(m): 10:46am On Sep 25, 2020
Maybe he felt Wike's presence won't allow Gandollar to express himself by sharing dollars. So Wike was not qualified to be in Edo, but the APC governors were very well qualified to gallivant. These are the kind of moves that makes the U.S update their Visa ban list with more names.

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Reveals Why IGP Asked Him To Leave Edo On Election Eve by uBuNiT: 10:47am On Sep 25, 2020
Any opportunity they see, they bite.
Re: Governor Wike Reveals Why IGP Asked Him To Leave Edo On Election Eve by Ahmed0336(m): 10:48am On Sep 25, 2020
wetin concern me?
Re: Governor Wike Reveals Why IGP Asked Him To Leave Edo On Election Eve by Millimann: 10:50am On Sep 25, 2020
Calm down Wike.

We all know that his main reason was the election. Edo has nothing to do with his police fund, and you leaving Edo would not have increased the police fund.
Re: Governor Wike Reveals Why IGP Asked Him To Leave Edo On Election Eve by osamz007: 10:55am On Sep 25, 2020
Wike the warrior

tinubu nightmare
Re: Governor Wike Reveals Why IGP Asked Him To Leave Edo On Election Eve by olisaEze(m): 11:06am On Sep 25, 2020
Ur perceptions might not necessarily be right. He gave his reasons, no matter how flimsy they sounded, deductions from an account were not part of it. In the end, ur campaign committee came away with a major win. That should be the end of it. Avoid getting lost in a victory that u forget it’s not yet uhuru.
Re: Governor Wike Reveals Why IGP Asked Him To Leave Edo On Election Eve by adaora17901: 11:10am On Sep 25, 2020
Calm down Wike.We all know that his core why was the reelection. Edo has Anything to do with his officers money, and you leaving Edo would not have increased the officers money.

(1) (Reply)

Proposed Oduduwa Flags / BREAKING: Gov. Makinde's Mother Dies At Age Of 80 / Gov David Umahi, Ebonyi LG Bosses To Defect To APC This Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.