Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,245 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

Edo Election: IGP Asks Wike To Leave Edo, Governor Refuses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Election: IGP Asks Wike To Leave Edo, Governor Refuses (67283 Views)

Peterside Asks Wike To Release Detained Farah Dagogo Within 48 Hours / Ezekwesili Petitions IGP, Asks Him To Prosecute Omojuwa For ‘Identity Fraud’ / IGP Asks Supreme Court To Stay Judgment Nullifying Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Election: IGP Asks Wike To Leave Edo, Governor Refuses by sharpden: 7:48am On Sep 19, 2020
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, on Friday alleged a siege to his hotel in Benin City by the police, restricting his movement ahead of the governorship elections in the state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhtV4PKT274

The governor, who spoke exclusively to Channels TV says he is in the state to monitor the election on behalf of his party and insists he won’t leave the state.

He said, “As the Chairman of the National Campaign Council (of the PDP), I came in here with some of my colleagues; I was in the hotel. Around 2 o’clock in the afternoon, the IG (Inspector General of Police) called.

“I think they called my orderly; I don’t know how they got his number and then I spoke with the IG and he said I must leave Edo State. I said ‘for what?’ He said because my being here may cause a crisis. I said how will it cause crisis? He said because I made a statement that is inflammatory. I said ‘which statement did I make? That we should be extra vigilant? That people should protect their votes?’ So, ‘what is the inflammatory statement I made?’”

Maintaining that he had done no wrong, the governor told the IGP, he won’t leave the state.

According to him, about 10 minutes after he refused to leave the state, over 300 policemen had surrounded his hotel.

Governor Wike said regardless of the siege, he won’t leave the state because he is Chairman of the PDP national campaign council and is not the only governor in Edo for the election.

“The governor of Kano is here, the governor of Imo is here, the Deputy Senate President is here,” he said. “So why will you tell me to leave?” All three men Governor Wike mentioned are members of the All Progressives Congress.

The governor decried the said call by the IGP, describing it as “the highest level of impunity”.

Police React

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCdfI0sKYTs

Meanwhile, the Edo State Commissioner of Police, Johnson Kokumo, told Channels TV that the police are making sure that there is peace in the state and will resist any act of violence.

He said, “The police don’t have to lay siege on anyone, but the situation is that no matter the status of the citizen of Nigeria in Nigeria, we will ensure that we do all within our capacity to create a conducive atmosphere for free, fair, credible elections.

“People having no business within Edo State cannot be moving from one point to another. Movement is restricted. For the purpose of this election, movement is restricted. The restriction commences from midnight to 18:00 hours tomorrow when we believe that election would have been concluded. Nobody is empowered to move about, whether you are a governor or not.”

https://www.channelstv.com/2020/09/18/edo-election-wike-alleges-police-siege-on-his-hotel/amp/

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Edo Election: IGP Asks Wike To Leave Edo, Governor Refuses by sharpden: 7:54am On Sep 19, 2020
This election eh

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: IGP Asks Wike To Leave Edo, Governor Refuses by Brandstudio01: 7:55am On Sep 19, 2020
My Question is what is Ganduje, Wike and others doing I'm Edo.

Because this has nothing to do with Wike alone

Abeg jare , I will Design a Professional Logo for your product or Business for 2k Only.

220 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Edo Election: IGP Asks Wike To Leave Edo, Governor Refuses by cpu2006(m): 7:59am On Sep 19, 2020
APC & IG will be hold responsible, if anything happen to Gov. Wike

287 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Edo Election: IGP Asks Wike To Leave Edo, Governor Refuses by TheChameleon: 8:00am On Sep 19, 2020
grin

Edo isn't Rivers or Lagos or Abia ooo.

Over 300 policemen barricaded the hotel. You did census for them but no pictures / video.

Final verdict : Wike has been quarantined. And my favourite quote from last elections -

" APC PDP votes are like ijebu garri..when they reach INEC office, they swell" cheesy

Personally I am indifferent. ALL of the leaders are useless. kiss

136 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Edo Election: IGP Asks Wike To Leave Edo, Governor Refuses by hisgrace090: 8:00am On Sep 19, 2020
Elrufi once visited Anambra state on election Day and was arrested detained and deported back to his state.

My question now is what is wike and other governors doing in Edo state on election Day that he can't finish by Thursday or Friday?

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Edo Election: IGP Asks Wike To Leave Edo, Governor Refuses by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 19, 2020
This one wey everybody wan dey gain popularity for nairaland.

Some say na iyo cartel, some say na Enudapan.

As far as we are concerned, the nairaland celebrities we know for now are Slawormir and pastor Righteousness89.

for make sense if no be say he/she too dey insult

massalati:

Hahaha my guy you observe am too ba na watin me to be want talk i swear, na slawormir and RIGHTEOUSNESS89 be my favourite make the rest go sitdown them no fit popular.. (what is so unsophiscated mtcheew)

Aabi na... unsophisticated mumu

mabea:
You mean light and darkness. If you know you know

I Sabi nah. Light and darkness indeed

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: IGP Asks Wike To Leave Edo, Governor Refuses by tesppidd: 8:00am On Sep 19, 2020
Then he should enjoy his hotel room till 1700hours Nigerian time.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: IGP Asks Wike To Leave Edo, Governor Refuses by Maj196(m): 8:00am On Sep 19, 2020
O boi shocked
Re: Edo Election: IGP Asks Wike To Leave Edo, Governor Refuses by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 19, 2020
APC!!
Desperados!

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Election: IGP Asks Wike To Leave Edo, Governor Refuses by Brandstudio01: 8:00am On Sep 19, 2020
Hnnm
Re: Edo Election: IGP Asks Wike To Leave Edo, Governor Refuses by helinues: 8:00am On Sep 19, 2020
Let them also ask Ganduje and co to leave Edo state

Or are they also eligible to vote? undecided

126 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Edo Election: IGP Asks Wike To Leave Edo, Governor Refuses by money121(m): 8:00am On Sep 19, 2020
Ok
Re: Edo Election: IGP Asks Wike To Leave Edo, Governor Refuses by judecares1(m): 8:01am On Sep 19, 2020
What is kano state governor and the deputy senate president doing in Edo at d Eve of the election??

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo Election: IGP Asks Wike To Leave Edo, Governor Refuses by oluwagodwin: 8:01am On Sep 19, 2020
God will see us through this election. If you think Wike should leave, what are other govs doing there? Tinubu, VP nko? Let them all leave. They all don't belong there. Shalom

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Election: IGP Asks Wike To Leave Edo, Governor Refuses by soberdrunk(m): 8:01am On Sep 19, 2020
cheesy cheesy cheesy "Wear your jeans" "I'm not here for only one day" cheesy cheesy I'm not laughing because what the IGP is doing is right but because Wike knows how the game is played and wants to play the victim card cheesy cheesy

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Election: IGP Asks Wike To Leave Edo, Governor Refuses by ArmedRobber: 8:01am On Sep 19, 2020
Wike Edo is not Rivers state o.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo Election: IGP Asks Wike To Leave Edo, Governor Refuses by athaboi(f): 8:02am On Sep 19, 2020
Why will he leave?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: IGP Asks Wike To Leave Edo, Governor Refuses by TATALoAlaMu: 8:02am On Sep 19, 2020
Nyesom, My Hero, Wike, My Guy.

Your orderlies are NPF so they are the IGs property.

Don't leave EDO STATE YET O

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: IGP Asks Wike To Leave Edo, Governor Refuses by brosom(m): 8:02am On Sep 19, 2020
Even IGP dey fear wike.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: IGP Asks Wike To Leave Edo, Governor Refuses by neolboy(m): 8:02am On Sep 19, 2020
God let the will of the people come to pass.

Vote not fight

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: IGP Asks Wike To Leave Edo, Governor Refuses by Patrioticman007(m): 8:02am On Sep 19, 2020
Movement is restricted. For the purpose of this election, movement is restricted. The restriction commences from midnight to 18:00 hours tomorrow when we believe that election would have been concluded. Nobody is empowered to move about, whether you are a governor or not.”

Oga wike the wicked governor of rivers of death, kindly obey the restrictions by law of Edo state, let no soul die on account of this election.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Edo Election: IGP Asks Wike To Leave Edo, Governor Refuses by Colb461: 8:02am On Sep 19, 2020
who go win go win oh

2 Likes

Re: Edo Election: IGP Asks Wike To Leave Edo, Governor Refuses by omenka(m): 8:02am On Sep 19, 2020
Their headache.

I only pity the idiotic youths who'd lay down their lives for these useless bandits called politicians. They're fighting today (the politicians), tomorrow they'd switch parties and dine over the graves of those that died fighting for their selfish course.

Smh.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Edo Election: IGP Asks Wike To Leave Edo, Governor Refuses by Kobicove(m): 8:02am On Sep 19, 2020
This is a very serious allegation against the IGP angry

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: IGP Asks Wike To Leave Edo, Governor Refuses by Ipigbhe(m): 8:02am On Sep 19, 2020
Edo no be Lagos

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: IGP Asks Wike To Leave Edo, Governor Refuses by easyboycom(m): 8:02am On Sep 19, 2020
let wait and see what will happen I pray it should be free and fair

2 Likes

Re: Edo Election: IGP Asks Wike To Leave Edo, Governor Refuses by Villagemeat: 8:03am On Sep 19, 2020
cpu2006:
APC & IG will be hold responsible, if anything happen to Gov. Wike
they can't do shit,rubbish APC

9 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

List Of States That Got Bail-Out Funds To Offset Salary Arrears / Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech / Rashida Bello In Dubai For Weight Reduction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.