Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Help! This Gorilla Shows Everywhere On My Phone!!! - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help! This Gorilla Shows Everywhere On My Phone!!! (87749 Views)

My Gorilla Screen Don Break / For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. / The New Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Will Make It’s Debut On Oppo’s New Flagship. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! This Gorilla Shows Everywhere On My Phone!!! by Bsideboi(m): 7:53pm On Sep 27, 2020
If na me...I go kuku install am and play the game gan sef. Make Gorilla for rest

1 Like

Re: Help! This Gorilla Shows Everywhere On My Phone!!! by BigotMan(m): 7:56pm On Sep 27, 2020
@Chingle5
pls uninstall that KINGROOT (its a chinese based su-super user app)

backup your data; then do a factory reset (then thank me later)

KingRoot roots yout phone, has admin super user controls by modifying your system folders and files

it will always show you ads

better still download an older version of KingRoot from year 2018 downwards

NOTE: having admin status, your passwards, account passwards, etc are being listened

'Nuf said

1 Like

Re: Help! This Gorilla Shows Everywhere On My Phone!!! by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 27, 2020
chingle5:
Guys I am literally at the point of smashing my phone I don't where I hav gone wrong... I thought it is only on my opera browser the gorilla is only show but it is showing everywhere on my phone even on my mx player... Me I don't know what to do again.... angry angry
Go to your apps under settings and uninstall any app that you don't know. Even if it's written system app, if it's uninstallable please uninstall it. There is an app in your phone installing that on your phone
Re: Help! This Gorilla Shows Everywhere On My Phone!!! by Ademoore07(m): 8:04pm On Sep 27, 2020
berbs:
Goto your settings, then application and disable all the applications you do not want. Also, goto your browser and disable your notifications.
How do you disable apps without uninstalling?
Re: Help! This Gorilla Shows Everywhere On My Phone!!! by mokoh(m): 8:04pm On Sep 27, 2020
Nor be only u oh I don forma at my phone self the gorilla still they show even chrome wen I uninstall they pop up with ad and only my phone they send message to subscribe by himself.me ehn I tire
Re: Help! This Gorilla Shows Everywhere On My Phone!!! by berbs: 8:08pm On Sep 27, 2020
Ademoore07:
How do you disable apps without uninstalling?

There are some apps that are pre-installed. You can't uninstall because they came with the phone. What you can do is to tap on "Force stop" and then tap on "Disable."

2 Likes

Re: Help! This Gorilla Shows Everywhere On My Phone!!! by Earnonline7: 8:11pm On Sep 27, 2020
Really
Re: Help! This Gorilla Shows Everywhere On My Phone!!! by Ademoore07(m): 8:13pm On Sep 27, 2020
UDUJ:

Stop using Opera browser on your phone. Opera has so many security compromises. Delete it and start using Google Chrome browser as your main browser instead.
And google chrome consume data a lot. I will advise that you use Phoenix browser.
Re: Help! This Gorilla Shows Everywhere On My Phone!!! by Orpe7(m): 8:18pm On Sep 27, 2020
U have downloaded an app that is causing this to happen
Re: Help! This Gorilla Shows Everywhere On My Phone!!! by XRJP: 8:24pm On Sep 27, 2020
Re: Help! This Gorilla Shows Everywhere On My Phone!!! by nedekid: 8:44pm On Sep 27, 2020
EbukaHades10:
Install Malwarebyte. It should show u the apps causing it.

Also try uninstalling any app u didn't install by urself and also uninstall those apps that u don't use regularly..... including playstore.

For those bashing him for the kingroot and simple root whatever, rooting WON'T do this to ur phone
It will not work. Installed malwarebyte in my daughter's 2 identical tecno phones. The problem is from the hardware of tecno, infinix etc phones. Format the phone and once it's sniffs internet, it comes back.
In my kids phone it was "aiboo.cc".

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/tecno-w2-phone-malware-xhelper-triada-preloaded-preinstalled-transsion-steal-data-money-2286354%3famp=1&akamai-rum=off
Re: Help! This Gorilla Shows Everywhere On My Phone!!! by tojahh(m): 8:51pm On Sep 27, 2020
Is your phone ZTE?
Re: Help! This Gorilla Shows Everywhere On My Phone!!! by marcopollo(m): 9:35pm On Sep 27, 2020
It has happened to me before. I almost dumped the phone. It gave me headaches for several months!!!! It was really frustrating!!!! sad These apps are very stubborn to deal with, I tell you!!!! Some people even told me there's nothing I can do about it.
They are sets of viruses that have unsolicited access to your phone that's causing them to download freely by itself through Google Play Store. I have tried many remedies but none worked except what I found out by myself.
What to do? From my experience:
You MUST block their access to your phone by uninstalling Google Play Store. Anything you can do to stop it, do that. Block it or force stop it. Anything!!! Just get rid of that app on your phone.
Another step I took was to install ESET Mobile Antivirus app. I tried different apps, but none worked like ESET. It's the best mobile security app that I know by experience!!!! It shows no mercy to viruses!!!! Other apps treat these viruses with kid gloves, but not ESET. You can download it through apkmonk.
Thirdly, this is optional, but if you can uninstall Google Chrome, better. I highly suspect that app in my phone sha. I only use Opera Mini for now.
Fouthly, I activated Background Data Restriction to deny any other access my phone.
I bet you after you do these things, you will rest and recover your phone again with smiles as if you bought a new phone again. Thank me later. smiley
Re: Help! This Gorilla Shows Everywhere On My Phone!!! by temmytee2309: 10:57pm On Sep 27, 2020
I used to experience this b4 not until someone sometimes ago made mention of an app here on nairaland.... The name is DATA EYE.
i've been using this app for a while now and I av no cause to regret it... Data eye gives you options of which app u want to access to your data, either system app or downloaded app, it specify which one u want to access ur data thereby reducing your data usage and also stopping unnecessary ads.
Thank me later
Re: Help! This Gorilla Shows Everywhere On My Phone!!! by EbukaHades10(m): 11:07pm On Sep 27, 2020
nedekid:

In my kids phone it was "aiboo.cc".

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/tecno-w2-phone-malware-xhelper-triada-preloaded-preinstalled-transsion-steal-data-money-2286354%3famp=1&akamai-rum=off
The aiboo.cc thingy affected my google chrome so I just disabled the app entirely

marcopollo:

What to do? From my experience:
You MUST block their access to your phone by uninstalling Google Play Store. Anything you can do to stop it, do that. Block it or force stop it. Anything!!! Just get rid of that app on your phone.

Thirdly, this is optional, but if you can uninstall Google Chrome, better. I highly suspect that app in my phone sha. I only use Opera Mini for now.
Fouthly, I activated Background Data Restriction to deny any other access my phone.
I bet you after you do these things, you will rest and recover your phone again with smiles as if you bought a new phone again. Thank me later. smiley
Exactly what I did.....especially disabling the play store and the google chrome but it was primarily the play store's fault cus I updated my chrome and it isn't giving me headache again.
Re: Help! This Gorilla Shows Everywhere On My Phone!!! by Softmojo(m): 12:17am On Sep 28, 2020
Guy this is a very simple ish.

Once the ad shows up, tap on the app switcher button on your phone. You will see a list if all running apps in form of cards..

The first app is usually the culprit.

Just long press and uninstall the app. Shikena.

Re: Help! This Gorilla Shows Everywhere On My Phone!!! by olmoRoc: 1:21am On Sep 28, 2020
reset your phone, and don't install unnecessary applications from Chinese app stores or visit certain websites
Re: Help! This Gorilla Shows Everywhere On My Phone!!! by Overlordrichy(m): 2:09am On Sep 28, 2020
chingle5:
I have uninstall the alarm clock... Well nothing is showing for nw... Bt I don't know what install the alarm clock in the first place

Go to your settings, then go to your data usage and restrict the background data of the first 10 to 20 apps that is there except the system apps and the social apps(like whatsapp, telegram...)
Re: Help! This Gorilla Shows Everywhere On My Phone!!! by Imefonukoenin11: 2:52am On Sep 28, 2020
Re: Help! This Gorilla Shows Everywhere On My Phone!!! by cardoctor(m): 4:36am On Sep 28, 2020
U are lucky it's not a real gorilla.
Re: Help! This Gorilla Shows Everywhere On My Phone!!! by Bloooody(m): 6:02am On Sep 28, 2020
chingle5:
Guys I am literally at the point of smashing my phone I don't where I hav gone wrong... I thought it is only on my opera browser the gorilla is only show but it is showing everywhere on my phone even on my mx player... Me I don't know what to do again.... angry angry
Download an anti virus app.
Your phone has an ad ware in it probably got from downloading something from one of these unsecured sites.
Re: Help! This Gorilla Shows Everywhere On My Phone!!! by Awaja(m): 7:33am On Sep 28, 2020
Then try to know what the gorilla want ,he may be from your ancestors.
Re: Help! This Gorilla Shows Everywhere On My Phone!!! by defmostly: 7:37am On Sep 28, 2020
You should download Malwarebytes, scan your phone, and job done...

1 Like

Re: Help! This Gorilla Shows Everywhere On My Phone!!! by Baw2: 8:08am On Sep 28, 2020
Your phone they use Corning gorilla Glass screen na why��
Re: Help! This Gorilla Shows Everywhere On My Phone!!! by onespecial(m): 9:39am On Sep 28, 2020
chingle5:

Uninstall apps that just got installed on their own from your app settings then go to security settings and turn off "Install apps from unknown sources". This won't happen again. Mind you, you will need to turn this on once you want to download any app. After downloading any app you want to , turn it off.

Mokoh
Re: Help! This Gorilla Shows Everywhere On My Phone!!! by Naijjablog(m): 10:11am On Sep 28, 2020
I saw 4 apps on your phone that might have caused this
Re: Help! This Gorilla Shows Everywhere On My Phone!!! by Princessbettyj(f): 10:13am On Sep 28, 2020
Android phone and wahala angry nah like so my own dey misbehave for here but God big pass am
Re: Help! This Gorilla Shows Everywhere On My Phone!!! by Naijjablog(m): 10:16am On Sep 28, 2020
The simplest way is to trace the app and uninstall it, it takes time press to enter "the gorilla" then check on setting under RAM processes you'll see the list of apps running try examining them by clearing the cache. You can go on by uninstalling them one by one including System apps. This should help.
Re: Help! This Gorilla Shows Everywhere On My Phone!!! by Gbengageorge: 10:52am On Sep 28, 2020
Make I talk like my Igbo brothers

You have been hack-ed

chingle5:
Re: Help! This Gorilla Shows Everywhere On My Phone!!! by ThatPetiteChic: 12:38pm On Sep 28, 2020
chingle5:

Hmmmm

Being a publisher myself self I respect ads from websites and apps as long as they are limited and do not popup now and then.

However, some publishers don’t understand how annoying random popup ads can be.

To add to this, it could annoy you a lot more when they just show up on your phone and you don’t even know which app is causing it.

But not to worry because I will be showing you how to set your phone free from those Popup Ads by supporting and getting rid of them.

The very first thing that you should do when you start seeing those popup ads is, look for the apps you installed recently or in some cases the apps might show up on your phone’s screen recent menu.

All you have to do is simply uninstall the apps and check if the ads will go away.

However if things are not fixed and you can still see the ads, the next thing you do is look for apps without an icon.

Simply go to Settings >> Application manager and under installed apps look for apps without icons. Sometimes the icon is there but it has no name. If you get hold of this type of apps, go ahead and uninstall it.

Another way to find the apps causing the popup ads is by using the Playstore.

In Playstore, you will be checking the last used apps that is throwing popup ads which will be easier to find.

Just launch your play store and tap on the three-bar icon at the top and select My Apps and Games.

How to block on popup ads on Android.How to block on popup ads on Android.
Now head over to installed apps, and tap on the sort mode icon to click on the last used apps.

This one showing ads will be among the first few to be precise. However, this will online work if you have installed the apps from Playstore and not from the web.

If none of these solutions work out for you, then you can finally install an ad detector app.

How to block on popup ads on Android.
You can either install AppWatch or AppBrain and Detector and they will inform you about the app bordering you with ads.

How to block on popup ads on Android.
Just activate the Ads Detector and you will be able to see the problematic app.How to block on popup ads on Android.

After detecting the apps causing the annoying popup ads, you can simply go ahead and uninstall it right away.

I hope all the methods given has helped you in finding all the apps that were causing all that trouble.

Usually, there are the simplest ones like the touch app, browser, game or an app related to ringtones and wallpaper.

Also, check them first especially if you are installing from unknown sources.

Read more: https://www.litifyed.com/how-to-block-on-popup-ads-on-android/#ixzz6ZKskbwmk
Re: Help! This Gorilla Shows Everywhere On My Phone!!! by ThatPetiteChic: 12:39pm On Sep 28, 2020
chingle5:

Hmmmm

When it happened to me, it was an app so transparent that u almost missed the icon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Infinix Note 3 (x601) Official Discussion Thread / Installing 2go On Blackberry / Download A Whatsapp For Nokia Phones.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.