Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Help!!! Someone Keeps Sending Money To My Account - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help!!! Someone Keeps Sending Money To My Account (82830 Views)

Difficulty Sending Money To Someone"s Account In Nigeria / FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC / Paddy Adenuga Advises Men On What To Do Before Sending Money To Their Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! Someone Keeps Sending Money To My Account by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 25, 2020
[quote author=Trustwallet post=94293350][/quote] if you can , close the account and open a new one to avoid stories.
Re: Help!!! Someone Keeps Sending Money To My Account by Austeeenxx: 6:02pm On Sep 25, 2020
Estellie:
Chaii grin Stella for don chop am cheesy
Stella too like money.
Re: Help!!! Someone Keeps Sending Money To My Account by JBoss25(m): 6:04pm On Sep 25, 2020
tydi:
Wetin no be wahala, Nigerians dey turn am to wahala. If someone keeps sending money to your account then start sending to your parents account. ASAP!
what if it's fraud money pls think
Re: Help!!! Someone Keeps Sending Money To My Account by EngrXrix(m): 6:05pm On Sep 25, 2020
Trustwallet:
Hello nairalander!

Unknown someone keeps sending money to my diamond access bank, this is the second time am recieving money to my account, which is 30,290 & 30,136 naira and the text on the remark is a foreign name.

At first i got alert of 30,260 with remark "Stepan zemalek", at first i thought someone mistakenly sent money to my account, i said lemme wait if i will receive a call from someone claiming the money but nobody called to claim the money, not knowing that my bank have deducted 530 naira for sms fee nd 200 naira for stamp nd postal fee, i have to transfer the money the money to my rubies bank account with the hope somebody will call me nd claim the money.

Secondly, i got another alert of 30,136 with the remark saying "Jaonna LiebeltEtzler/18.9.20".

I dont remember giving anybody my bank details apart from my mom nd uncles, i have called my bank customer care to complain about it and to know who sent the money from my account but he said he cant disclose the information to me. i have complained to the bank and the keep saying their normal bla bla.

I need help on what to do next....below is the screenshot of the alert...
The most important thing is that you have complained to your bank. And let there be official documentation to that complaint. If the money keeps coming after laying the complaints enjoy it. Na ur choppings
Re: Help!!! Someone Keeps Sending Money To My Account by electhnd(m): 6:05pm On Sep 25, 2020
EmekaBlue:
if na me i for don withdraw am bfr i think of what to do next
even if you didn't remove the money, will any thing happened to it??
Re: Help!!! Someone Keeps Sending Money To My Account by goldmatrix(m): 6:06pm On Sep 25, 2020
The money is too small to give you unbearable headache later. Make an official complains to the bank and keep the record..
Re: Help!!! Someone Keeps Sending Money To My Account by DevilBishops: 6:07pm On Sep 25, 2020
ntyce:

It started with 30k, next could be 50k, 100k....
The staff may or may not be aware.

Now they must be monitoring his account now since he alerted them to the unknown deposits. He must not touch the money until he knows the source or it may mean trouble for him later.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! Someone Keeps Sending Money To My Account by Ebenezer2021(m): 6:07pm On Sep 25, 2020
wunmi590:
shocked

Since you have reported, just make sure that you screenshot all your messages incase anything happens in the future.

And have this thread handy for future reference.
for small chicken feed money?
Re: Help!!! Someone Keeps Sending Money To My Account by EmekaBlue(m): 6:08pm On Sep 25, 2020
electhnd:

even if you didn't remove the money, will any thing happened to it??
yes na...d person who sent it can complain for reversal
Re: Help!!! Someone Keeps Sending Money To My Account by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 25, 2020
Keep trying. Also document all your complaints like someone advised. Whatever you do, don't touch the money. It's not yours.
Re: Help!!! Someone Keeps Sending Money To My Account by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 25, 2020
Raymeskey:

Nawa o
So what are you going to do with the money,
Are you going to let them finish it with that their stupid charges?

The total money is 945,000k it is their business, if they want to finish it since it's a current account, they keep coming up with stupid charges, I just de watch them, how can they say they don't know where it came from, this is more than 6 months since I reported.
Re: Help!!! Someone Keeps Sending Money To My Account by Brunicekid(m): 6:11pm On Sep 25, 2020
Azyne:
Maybe it's Abacha, sending you money from the grave cheesy
I know say Nairalanders will turn this thing to a joke.
Re: Help!!! Someone Keeps Sending Money To My Account by KLand(m): 6:11pm On Sep 25, 2020
Go physically to your bank to report it. If the transactions are genuine, the money will be left in your account.

But if it was an error, you will have to give them a written consent to reverse it from your account.

And if the funds were fraudulently transferred, that's where the issue is. If you don't report it, it means you are complicit.

By all means, don't transfer or use the money untill you clear all the issues around it.
Re: Help!!! Someone Keeps Sending Money To My Account by livinbygrace: 6:13pm On Sep 25, 2020
Person don mistakenly give out your account number to client for payment.Thats $100 bitcoin billing converted to naira .
Re: Help!!! Someone Keeps Sending Money To My Account by YenYo: 6:14pm On Sep 25, 2020
In as much the money is enticing,I would implore you to inform ur bank and don't touch a kobo in it. The devil is crafty and smart and you need to be smart as well.
Re: Help!!! Someone Keeps Sending Money To My Account by heendrix(m): 6:16pm On Sep 25, 2020
dnawah:
are u not one of those that typed Amen on Facebook,when them say u will get money in your account? money don come u dey fear.

grin grin
Re: Help!!! Someone Keeps Sending Money To My Account by madridsta007(m): 6:17pm On Sep 25, 2020
Trustwallet:
Hello nairalander!

Unknown someone keeps sending money to my diamond access bank, this is the second time am recieving money to my account, which is 30,290 & 30,136 naira and the text on the remark is a foreign name.

At first i got alert of 30,260 with remark "Stepan zemalek", at first i thought someone mistakenly sent money to my account, i said lemme wait if i will receive a call from someone claiming the money but nobody called to claim the money, not knowing that my bank have deducted 530 naira for sms fee nd 200 naira for stamp nd postal fee, i have to transfer the money the money to my rubies bank account with the hope somebody will call me nd claim the money.

Secondly, i got another alert of 30,136 with the remark saying "Jaonna LiebeltEtzler/18.9.20".

I dont remember giving anybody my bank details apart from my mom nd uncles, i have called my bank customer care to complain about it and to know who sent the money from my account but he said he cant disclose the information to me. i have complained to the bank and the keep saying their normal bla bla.

Someone probably has access to your account and is using it for money laundering purposes.
Might be a small amount, but trust me, that same fellow has sent amounts to other accounts too. Money launderers send those small, uncritical amounts and transfer them rapidly across those accounts.
My advice. Dont touch it. Report to you bank. Have a receipt of the reports and your communication.
Do not touch it else you will be seen as an accessory to money laundering.
Re: Help!!! Someone Keeps Sending Money To My Account by Solatium(m): 6:17pm On Sep 25, 2020
Trustwallet:
Hello nairalander!

Make a another complain via email,keep their response and reference number as a proof incase yawa gas ìn near future
Re: Help!!! Someone Keeps Sending Money To My Account by Trustwallet(m): 6:21pm On Sep 25, 2020
Angelfrost:
What's the big deal here??! Can't you report yourself to your bank??! The bank can sort this out by getting across to the sender or tracing the wire... This also absolves you from any future fraud issues or mix up!!!

Those asking you to thank God and spend the money, take their counsel at your own peril! Awoof dey run belle!!!

Your bank should cover with a note as well, and they can advise you going forward.
I have already done that....
Re: Help!!! Someone Keeps Sending Money To My Account by Ooe33: 6:22pm On Sep 25, 2020
Go to ur bank.
Let Dem show u the person that said they can't disclose ur own financial details to u. Den bite his d!ck.

On a serious note. They show be able to provide u with both the name and the account it came from.

Trustwallet:
Hello nairalander!

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Someone Keeps Sending Money To My Account by Monday60655(m): 6:24pm On Sep 25, 2020
If you don't know what to do, anytime the money comes just forward it to my account.
Re: Help!!! Someone Keeps Sending Money To My Account by Butoneday2(m): 6:26pm On Sep 25, 2020
Trustwallet:
Hello nairalander!

Evil money
Re: Help!!! Someone Keeps Sending Money To My Account by cmecproblem(m): 6:26pm On Sep 25, 2020
Hahahaha same access bank, happened to me too, the transaction was reversed after 3 months, they said the person came to complain, after I had complained severely to the bank that I don't own the money.
Re: Help!!! Someone Keeps Sending Money To My Account by Akpuobi1: 6:27pm On Sep 25, 2020
quote author=Azyne post=94293764]Maybe it's Abacha, sending you money from the grave cheesy[/quote] grin grin grin Lol
Re: Help!!! Someone Keeps Sending Money To My Account by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 25, 2020
Trustwallet:
Hello nairalander!

...i have two advice for you and please take it seriously..

1. if anyone calls you to say he or she mistakenly sent money to your account, and that you should send it to another account for him or that you should withdraw it cash and take to him..... please resist the devil.

2. do not use the money, either by withdrawing them or by transferring then to another of your account or any other account...... please resist the devil

write a formal complaint to your bank telling the bank about the unusual credit alerts...and suggest possible freezing of the account till further notice... or suggest that the money be transferred back to where it came from.. make sure they give you an acknowledgement copy of the letter of complaint clearly showing the bank's stamp... and keep that copy as safe as your WAEC result.....

because sooner or later, jungle go mature.... no say I no tell you

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! Someone Keeps Sending Money To My Account by truthfulparrot(m): 6:28pm On Sep 25, 2020
Write officially to your bank to complain. Ensure you keep your acknowledgement copy. This action is necessary to save you from bigger problems in the future.
Please do not spend the money. I have seen people go to jail for things like this.
Re: Help!!! Someone Keeps Sending Money To My Account by argent412(f): 6:29pm On Sep 25, 2020
miracle alert
Re: Help!!! Someone Keeps Sending Money To My Account by xangerar: 6:31pm On Sep 25, 2020
Candid advise, get a lawyer or otherwise by yourself, write to the bank formally request details of this transaction to enable you ascertain who it was. This looks like it to me. The amount is small though but no one who knows the state of cyber laws and cyber crimes would leave unattended to any such issue especially from a foreign number.

Get a formal letter acknowledged by the bank forwarded to them. Keep the acknowledge copy as evidence that you reported the unexplained transaction when you discovered it. You may soon be invited by the EFCC, I can assure you.
Re: Help!!! Someone Keeps Sending Money To My Account by Grupo(m): 6:31pm On Sep 25, 2020
Ihatemumu:

I think sometime around this year received 30k naira, I was so surprised who could have sent the money, my friends said it is the covid 19 release funds, now I think there is something going on and i should have escalated the issue.

Another thing, I do lots of foreign transactions with my account and I even taught it was a refund process that too months. Till date I cannot explain. Just hope FBI will not start gathering these accounts

Something like that happened to me in either 2017 or 2018. Can't remember the exact year.

I received exactly 19,800 in the account I used during NYSC. But it was already up to a year after my NYSC. Couldn't have been from NYSC as I received all my NYSC allowances while serving.

Waited for some days for the money to be reversed. It didn't happen. Finally used it to drink beer with friends.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Someone Keeps Sending Money To My Account by felixawe(m): 6:32pm On Sep 25, 2020
Me sef dey look for 30k sef take buy garri and yam now... No food, I wish it's my account !
Re: Help!!! Someone Keeps Sending Money To My Account by esere826: 6:32pm On Sep 25, 2020
Trustwallet:
Hello nairalander!

Someone or the police will soon come for that money. Whichever way, just as people have adviced get your protest to relevant authorities documented.

In the meantime, put the money into fixed accounts and take the profits it generates,
Re: Help!!! Someone Keeps Sending Money To My Account by FundRaiserNg: 6:32pm On Sep 25, 2020
The fact that you have transfered the money to another account, is implicating. If it's money under trace, and you are called for questioning, your reason for moving the money will not exonerate you.

Go back and tell the bank that you want a Credit Reversal Form. Fill and submit it with same amount that you received. Since you got the alert twice, you will fill two forms and attach a letter instructing the bank to reverse the money.

That way the money will be returned to the sender.

Don't waste any more time in doing this. EFCC is knocking on your day, and they are closer than you think.

To be warned... You know the rest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians / Where To Buy Electronics In Germany? / Forex Trade Alerts - Season 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.