Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,579 members, 7,955,132 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:40 PM

Balancing GRE And A Full Time Career - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Balancing GRE And A Full Time Career (201 Views)

Life Time Career Opportunity / Register For GRE And TOEFL At A Good Rate / How To Build A Part-time Career With Facebook Group & Monetize It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Balancing GRE And A Full Time Career by Evkunle: 8:21pm On Sep 25, 2020
So, I know lots of friends who have a full time career but still wish to write GRE, IELTS and ultimately Japa����. Some just wanna go study abroad and come back though (real advocates of Nigeria)

Well, we all know that the cost of registering for these examinations isn't exactly chicken feed (1. Current Exam fee
GRE 55k TOEFL 55K SAT 55K IELTS 75K GMAT 90K at https://mcfedututors.com/s?Exam-Registration&id=7407402)

I mean thats a huge investment. So most people keep postponing, procrastinating and may even grow scared of writing the examination.

Well, I'll be sharing a few tips to help you balance your GRE, IELTS, GMAT, TOEFL (or whatever examination you wish to write) with your career.

1. Know where you are

Even as a professional in Nigeria, GRE Vocabs ain't exactly what you use in your office neither are you likely to solve quants problem on your job.

So the first step is know where you are in each subject. So I'd suggest you take a full length practice test online.

Now, this helps you to know/remember what you are up against and helps you to also know how much time to allocate for your preparation.

Dont just say I need help in quant or I need help on verbal (GRE for example), note the actual part on each subject and rate it based on (I need 50% help, 100% help etc).

2. Dont boil the ocean

How do we cook an elephant?

Simple... Cut it into tiny bits.

Now that you've rated your self on each topic/area in each section, Pick up each section and draw your timetable.

Yep, you read that right. Draw a timetable.... That works for you.

You know your job realities so draw a timetable that you can work with.

3. Create small victories

Its easy to get overwhelmed. I mean, our jobs are hard enough without adding study time.

So, you need to set specific milestones for yourself and attach something you love doing to when you complete it.

This would simulate your mind, body and attach a sense of fulfillment to your study time.

Your victory shouldnt be ''when I pass the exam'', it can be ''when I finish this module'' or score this in my next practice test etc.
I'll be back with more. Please quote this post and add drop your comments, additions and subtractions.

And in case you want to register for your exams, feel free to reach out:
Current Exam fee
GRE 55k TOEFL 55K SAT 55K IELTS 75K GMAT 90K
Genuine and Affordable Registration fee within 24 hours
WhatsApp 08132765285

https://mcfedututors.com/s?Exam-Registration&id=7407402

And here's a small victory for you....
If you score GMAT 700 GRE 325 TOEFL 110 min then funding is guaranteed

Simply put, we will help you gain that admission with scholarship and financial aid by giving you top score. GMAT 700, GRE 325 guaranteed. How? Talk to us today 08132765285
https://mcfedututors.com/s?Exam-Registration&id=7407402.

I'll continue with the tips real soon. In the meantime, share your thoughts

(1) (Reply)

Make Money In Nigeria With Genuine Business Opportunities / 4 Reasons You Must Have A Professional Linkedin Profile / Course Creators And PH Programmer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.