Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

NLC Insists On Monday Protest Despite Court Order - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Insists On Monday Protest Despite Court Order (21996 Views)

Activists Renew Endsars Protest Despite Threats / We Will Continue With Revolution Now Protest Despite Sowore's Arrest- Organizers / NLC Insists On Total Strike After Meeting FG Delegation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NLC Insists On Monday Protest Despite Court Order by Doraty1(f): 9:51pm On Sep 25, 2020
The Nigeria Labour Congress on Friday insisted that it will go on with its planned mass action scheduled for Monday, September 28.

In a communique by its General Secretary, Comrade Emmanuel Ugboaja, the NLC asked its members across the nation to come out in large numbers to protest the increase in fuel and electricity prices.

The order was given despite a fresh court order obtained by the Federal Government, barring the NLC and the Trade Union Congress from embarking on their planned strike scheduled to commence on Monday.

In the statement by Comrade Emmanuel Ugboaja, NLC asked all National Leadership of affiliates in Abuja to mobile at least 2000 of their members to Unity Fountain, Abuja for the mass rally which takes off at 7am.

Also, affiliates are expected to mobilise the same number of members to the NLC Sub-Secretariat, 29, Olajuwon Street, Yaba, Lagos, which is the take-off point for the Lagos action at 7am also.

The NLC Secretary also noted that all Presidents and General Secretaries are expected to lead and identify with their members at the take-off point.

Reverse fuel, electricity price, or?
Earlier in September, Organised Labour threatened to embark on a nationwide strike if the Federal Government refuses to reverse the recent increases in fuel and electricity tariff.

Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) President, Ayuba Wabba while making the announcement in Abuja said the NLC’s central working committee (CWC) has resolved to issue a two-week ultimatum to the Federal Government to reverse the increase.

He said workers and Nigerians are disappointed that the government decided to increase both the price of fuel and electricity tariff at a time “other countries across the world are giving palliatives to their citizens to cushion the effect of COVID-19.”

“NLC central committee will also mobilise its members, civic society allies, and other social partners to resist this policy because it has driven many into poverty,” Wabba added.

Ahead of the threat by the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) to resort to industrial action, the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) held an emergency meeting of all the governors.
https://www.channelstv.com/2020/09/25/just-in-nlc-insists-on-monday-protest-despite-court-order/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NLC Insists On Monday Protest Despite Court Order by EzzyCarter: 9:54pm On Sep 25, 2020
"He said workers and Nigerians are disappointed that the government decided to increase both the price of fuel and electricity tariff at a time “other countries across the world are giving palliatives to their citizens to cushion the effect of COVID-19.”

Lmao. It's too early to wail sir. Remember the enthusiasm y'all used in ushering in this present government, it's time to keep that same energy. We all should put our hands together to support this wonderful and proactive administration. Nigeria is definitely on its way to glory. I believe grin

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NLC Insists On Monday Protest Despite Court Order by Jones4190(m): 9:59pm On Sep 25, 2020
the judge together with the lawyer should be part of the protests abi are they not nigeria labourers?

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NLC Insists On Monday Protest Despite Court Order by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 25, 2020
Arrrrrrrh

This country eh, nobody can tell the other person stop, everybody want to do his own way.

NLC should not go on strike abi, they should pay them thier money.

Literally FG are thieves, is not Thiers but NLC.

Case close, we have money in this country yet, we are going on Strike. undecided

All the revenue, increase in things where are the money going to?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Insists On Monday Protest Despite Court Order by inoki247: 10:20pm On Sep 25, 2020
lol let's wait and see... We all know say all na scam

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Insists On Monday Protest Despite Court Order by truthfulparrot(m): 10:23pm On Sep 25, 2020
Audio protest. They are just playing drama to give impression that they are fighting for Nigerians. They have been settled!

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC Insists On Monday Protest Despite Court Order by slivertongue: 10:23pm On Sep 25, 2020
rubber stamp NLC pls obey that black market jankara order and stop the shakara

8 Likes

Re: NLC Insists On Monday Protest Despite Court Order by HomerTimpson: 10:30pm On Sep 25, 2020
EzzyCarter:
"He said workers and Nigerians are disappointed that the government decided to increase both the price of fuel and electricity tariff at a time “other countries across the world are giving palliatives to their citizens to cushion the effect of COVID-19.”

Lmao. It's too early to wail sir. Remember the enthusiasm y'all used in ushering in this present government, it's time to keep that same energy. We all should put our hands together to support this wonderful and proactive administration. Nigeria is definitely on its way to glory. I believe grin
@bolded i don't want to be a pessimist but i also believe i can fly grin

5 Likes

Re: NLC Insists On Monday Protest Despite Court Order by deboysben(m): 10:35pm On Sep 25, 2020
Nice one

We must occupy nigeria cos our mumu don do.

Buhari has failed nigerians.
Let them give us back our change.

4 Likes

Re: NLC Insists On Monday Protest Despite Court Order by tutudesz: 10:38pm On Sep 25, 2020
NLC abeg dey your side O! We are yet to recover financially from lockdown and you want to go on strike Were was NLC when PMB increased fuel from N85 to N145 undecided Were was NLC when VAT was increased from 5% to 7.5% undecided NLC = APC

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Insists On Monday Protest Despite Court Order by gbowoade85142: 10:50pm On Sep 25, 2020
the court together with the solicitor should be element of the demonstrations abu are they not Nigerians laborers?

7 Likes

Re: NLC Insists On Monday Protest Despite Court Order by EzzyCarter: 11:10pm On Sep 25, 2020
HomerTimpson:
@bolded i don't want to be a pessimist but i also believe i can fly grin

I believe in you fam. You've got wings like Red Bull cheesy

1 Like

Re: NLC Insists On Monday Protest Despite Court Order by HomerTimpson: 11:31pm On Sep 25, 2020
EzzyCarter:

I believe in you fam. You've got wings like Red Bull cheesy
well i think abt this every night and day,that i spread my red bulled wings and fly away like the eagle in our coat of arm grin
Re: NLC Insists On Monday Protest Despite Court Order by Ofunaofu: 1:37am On Sep 26, 2020
Black market court order

2 Likes

Re: NLC Insists On Monday Protest Despite Court Order by EzzyCarter: 4:07am On Sep 26, 2020
HomerTimpson:
well i think abt this every night and day,that i spread my red bulled wings and fly away like the eagle in our coat of arm grin

Of all eagles, it's like the one in our coat of arm? angry . That eagle cant even outfly a dove grin . Oga, choose to be like real champion eagles abeg grin
Re: NLC Insists On Monday Protest Despite Court Order by funmike83(f): 4:19am On Sep 26, 2020
This one na film o, lets see where it wil end
Re: NLC Insists On Monday Protest Despite Court Order by funmike83(f): 4:23am On Sep 26, 2020
This one na film o, lets see where it wil end, court that cannot order th government to do anything is not odering the pple not to fight for their right. As if the court will help pay bills. But the labour pple too arenot to be trusted. This country is just somehow. Trust anyone and be disappointed

3 Likes

Re: NLC Insists On Monday Protest Despite Court Order by mannobi(m): 4:31am On Sep 26, 2020
This government is wicked and heartless. How can you deliberately create hardship for the citizens and still run to the court to prevent them from complaining? Let all of the ministers and national assembly reduce their total package by half and we will see if there's no enough money to put succour on the suffering citizens.

10 Likes

Re: NLC Insists On Monday Protest Despite Court Order by successking401(m): 4:31am On Sep 26, 2020
I hope it's not the NLC that I know way back to the time of Adams Oshi**** ? Please you guys ain't getting my support this time. Not now, not any time soon.

Anyway.....

If you know anybody suffering from anything that spells infection e.g wormlike movement in d body,staphylococus,premature ejaculation,tooth ache,stubborn boil, fibroid,piles,cough,no matter how long it have been.check my signature for contact details

2 Likes

Re: NLC Insists On Monday Protest Despite Court Order by BruncleZuma: 4:33am On Sep 26, 2020
grin grin grin grin
Re: NLC Insists On Monday Protest Despite Court Order by Franklyspeakin: 4:36am On Sep 26, 2020
Hmm mm watching
Re: NLC Insists On Monday Protest Despite Court Order by Franklyspeakin: 4:37am On Sep 26, 2020
Nigeria ohhh Nigeria
Re: NLC Insists On Monday Protest Despite Court Order by millionboi2: 4:38am On Sep 26, 2020
Hope say Nepa go give light
Re: NLC Insists On Monday Protest Despite Court Order by Nobody: 4:38am On Sep 26, 2020
Buhari does not obey court order too.The president is an outlaw and a thug
There are too many wastage in the government circle.I don't know of any country where lawmakers are collecting constituency allowance and Hazzard allowances.It should be scrap.Also lawmakers should be reduced to only 37.Let each lawmaker represent one state only.This is where Nigeria resources are depleted.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC Insists On Monday Protest Despite Court Order by helinues: 4:39am On Sep 26, 2020
NLC won't only chickening out from the protest, they would also turkening out

2 Likes

Re: NLC Insists On Monday Protest Despite Court Order by dingbang(m): 4:41am On Sep 26, 2020
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC Insists On Monday Protest Despite Court Order by Mindlog: 4:45am On Sep 26, 2020
A very insensitive government.

4 Likes

Re: NLC Insists On Monday Protest Despite Court Order by Nobody: 4:45am On Sep 26, 2020
Nigeria is just a whole crusie grin grin grin

We ain't ready yet

1 Like

Re: NLC Insists On Monday Protest Despite Court Order by ojun50(m): 4:48am On Sep 26, 2020
Make them allow government pay salaries first, then them fit close the country or sell am.

1 Like

Re: NLC Insists On Monday Protest Despite Court Order by millionboi2: 4:54am On Sep 26, 2020
The friendship btw you and police is by force@the lady voice

Hahahaha

1 Like

Re: NLC Insists On Monday Protest Despite Court Order by Hambivert: 4:54am On Sep 26, 2020
Sparogatively, after pocket don full, strike go end.

I wouldn't be surprised if we hear "we are no longer going with our planned strike, we need to be law abiding. We will only protest and make our grievances known, but no strike action anymore!"

At all facets of life, Nigeria has been sparogated by unscrupulous entities. Oshobaba was the best Labour Union Leader Nigeria had...but politics happened to him and the Union in general.
TUC? abeg make we no talk about those people na dem worse pass

1 Like

Re: NLC Insists On Monday Protest Despite Court Order by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:57am On Sep 26, 2020
Let's go there.

We sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians are ready.

Not the online wailers wailing because they are pained that the key of our national treasury was taken away from the criminals they wanted back in power.

All sane, positive and good Nigerians, GET READY.

Let's do this.

This is not the time to increase fuel price in our darling nation at all.

Not with all that is going on around the world, pandemic et al,
When people are finding it difficult to survive.

This is part of the same reason we voted out the party of thieves and criminals.

THIS IS NOT THE CHANGE WE VOTED FOR.

The same way we sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians praised this government when they reduced fuel price sometimes ago, we should make sure we put our voice together to castigate and talk against this.

That is the voice the government will listen to,
Not the voice of children of hate, frustration and perdition that have never seen any good thing in our country,
That all they do is to wail continously in life.
They even wailed when the price was reduced.
They have been wailing since PMB won the election, even before swearing in!
They are not wailing for the common man like (Omotola) and all other sane and honest people are doing, but they are wailing in pain that the corrupt money being shared to them by the losers they support is not forthcoming anymore.
They have been so used to corruption, they see it as a way of life.
That is what we stand against.

WE SAY NO TO FUEL PRICE INCREASE.
A better Nigeria for all is all we want.

allthingsgood:
They are just playing to the gallery

When u said u want deregulation what did u think will happen. Nigerians should stop being stupid. Govt didn't increase price, what u are paying is the actual price without subsidy or regulation
You may have some good and salient points here sir,
But, the timing is not just right at all
Not in this pandemic time.

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Reacts To Violent Clashes At Ward Congresses, Reveals Next Line Of Action / Senator Binta Garba: I Rejected N300m Bribe To Dump APC / 2023 Presidency: Governor Fayemi Kicks Against Zoning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.