Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,800 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Jihadist Ambush On Nigeria State Governor’s Convoy Kills 15: Sources - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Jihadist Ambush On Nigeria State Governor’s Convoy Kills 15: Sources (925 Views)

Lt Col AH ALI: Pictures Of One Of The Soldiers Before The Ambush In Delta / Ten Soldiers Killed, Nine Injured In Jihadist Ambush / Borno: 8 killed, 5 missing in insurgent ambush on troops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jihadist Ambush On Nigeria State Governor’s Convoy Kills 15: Sources by Nik77: 10:22pm On Sep 25, 2020
25 September 2020 | 9:08 pm

Jihadist fighters linked to the Islamic State group on Friday killed 15 security personnel in an ambush on the convoy of the regional governor in restive northeast Nigeria, three security said.

Sources told AFP that eight policemen, three soldiers and four members of a government-backed militia were killed in the attack on vehicles carrying Borno governor Babagana Umara Zulum near the town of Baga on the shores of Lake Chad.

The insurgents opened fire with machine guns and rocket-propelled grenades as the convoy was passing through a village close to the headquarters of the Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF), a military coalition of troops from Nigeria, Niger, Chad and Cameroon.

“The governor escaped unhurt but 15 security men on the convoy were killed in fierce battle with the terrorists”, one source said.

Zulum was on an assessment tour of Baga in preparation for the return of thousands of residents displaced from the town by the jihadists in 2014, the sources said.

The governor flew on a helicopter into the garrison town of Monguno, 60 kilometres (40 miles) away, and headed to Baga in a convoy under tight security, one of the sources said.

All three sources were talking on condition of anonyonimity.

The IS-affiliated Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) group maintains most of its camps on islands in Lake Chad and the region is known as a bastion for the jihadists.

The militant group has recently intensified attacks on military and civilian targets in the region.

In July Zulum’s convoy came under gun attack from ISWAP outside Baga, forcing him to cancel his trip to the town.

Last week the group killed a Nigerian army commander along with three soldiers in an ambush near the town of Damboa.

Civilians plying highway linking Monguno and the regional capital Maiduguri said the jihadists set up daily checkpoints, robbing, killing and abducting passengers.

The decade-long insurgency in northeast Nigeria has killed 36,000 people and forced over 2 million from their homes.

Most of the displaced have been housed into squalid camps where they depend on food handouts from international charities.

Local authorities have been encouraging the displaced to go back to the homes despite concern from aid agencies of the security risks to which the returnees would be exposed.

Last week Zulum said feeding the displaced was not financially sustainable, insisting the only option was for them to return and rebuild their homes and live a “dignified” life.

ISWAP splintered from the main Boko Haram group in 2016 and has gone on to be the dominant insurgent force in the region.

Source: https://m.guardian.ng/news/jihadist-ambush-on-nigeria-state-governors-convoy-kills-15-sources/
Re: Jihadist Ambush On Nigeria State Governor’s Convoy Kills 15: Sources by PARTYNEXTDOOR: 10:28pm On Sep 25, 2020
I pray God grant the families the fortitude to bear this.

It's disheartening to see that these men died for a country with a bleak future.
Re: Jihadist Ambush On Nigeria State Governor’s Convoy Kills 15: Sources by padi94(m): 10:30pm On Sep 25, 2020
God this country needs you now more than ever, Me to need money make I travel leave these people
Re: Jihadist Ambush On Nigeria State Governor’s Convoy Kills 15: Sources by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 25, 2020
Arrrrrrrh

I don't want talk but this set of folks eh.

God help us.
Re: Jihadist Ambush On Nigeria State Governor’s Convoy Kills 15: Sources by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 25, 2020
Rest in peace to the Departed brave men who died serving Nigeria .

This is not the first time a heavily bearded man would be threatening our sovereignty . About 57 years ago one did and our gallant armed forces pursued him to Ivory Coast ,dressed in his wife's panties and bra , like a thief in the night.

I believe Nigeria will win this war against terrorism. We have done it before!
Re: Jihadist Ambush On Nigeria State Governor’s Convoy Kills 15: Sources by heendrix(m): 10:39pm On Sep 25, 2020
nawa o all these attacks on Borno state governor sef sad
Re: Jihadist Ambush On Nigeria State Governor’s Convoy Kills 15: Sources by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 25, 2020
heendrix:
nawa o all these attacks on Borno state governor sef sad

Nigeria will defeat insurgency in the Northeast soon. Lalasticlala front page.
Re: Jihadist Ambush On Nigeria State Governor’s Convoy Kills 15: Sources by Nik77: 10:51pm On Sep 25, 2020
Keep deceiving yourself.

ethicallyright:
Rest in peace to the Departed brave men who died serving Nigeria .

This is not the first time a heavily bearded man would be threatening our sovereignty . About 57 years ago one did and our gallant armed forces pursued him to Ivory Coast ,dressed in his wives panties and bra , like a thief in the night.

I believe Nigeria will win this war against terrorism. We have done it before!
Re: Jihadist Ambush On Nigeria State Governor’s Convoy Kills 15: Sources by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 25, 2020
Nik77:
Keep deceiving yourself.
exactly,he has been deceiving himself from time immemorial
Re: Jihadist Ambush On Nigeria State Governor’s Convoy Kills 15: Sources by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 25, 2020
ethicallyright:

Nigeria will defeat insurgency in the Northeast soon. Lalasticlala front page.
stop dreaming Joseph,wake up
Re: Jihadist Ambush On Nigeria State Governor’s Convoy Kills 15: Sources by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 25, 2020
Nik77:
Keep deceiving yourself.

You are an enemy of the Nigerian state if you do not agree that NIGERIA will defeat insurgency very soon and a poor student of history if you do not know how a bearded man who started what he could not finish was sent on exile away from his ancestral red soil land by our brave Armed Forces.

People who do not know history are bound to repeat it.
Re: Jihadist Ambush On Nigeria State Governor’s Convoy Kills 15: Sources by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 25, 2020
Zzor:
stop dreaming Joseph,wake up
Mention the brand you want, I'll purchase one for you to prove my point. Stop bugging me , please.
Re: Jihadist Ambush On Nigeria State Governor’s Convoy Kills 15: Sources by Nobody: 11:07pm On Sep 25, 2020
ethicallyright:

Mention the brand you want, I'll purchase one for you to prove my point.
Stop bugging me , please.
im just starting.Mention your area of choice and the type of house you want
Re: Jihadist Ambush On Nigeria State Governor’s Convoy Kills 15: Sources by illicit(m): 11:11pm On Sep 25, 2020
Attacking governors is way better than attacking civilians

imo
Re: Jihadist Ambush On Nigeria State Governor’s Convoy Kills 15: Sources by olorunyomi13773: 11:27pm On Sep 25, 2020
:nawa centrale all these bombings centralen Bcentralerncentrale federal gcentraleverncentraler dci Nigeria will defeat militancy in the Ncentralertheast scentralecentralen. frcentralent webpage.
Re: Jihadist Ambush On Nigeria State Governor’s Convoy Kills 15: Sources by MajesticKris: 11:39pm On Sep 25, 2020
Yet they want to import more from Niger.. with their proposed Rail cry
Re: Jihadist Ambush On Nigeria State Governor’s Convoy Kills 15: Sources by Nobody: 11:48pm On Sep 25, 2020
In as much I am happy Governor Zulum has taking my advice to learn to disguise I am saddened by the death of those security operatives..

RIP to them
Re: Jihadist Ambush On Nigeria State Governor’s Convoy Kills 15: Sources by Escobar98(m): 11:50pm On Sep 25, 2020
Honestly I don't see a reason why Zulum needed to revisit Ba'aga after the first attack last month. The military keep boasting of the liberation of Ba'aga and Zulum is imploring the citizens to return despite his disbelief of the liberation. It's just so crazy. You want citizens to return to where you've been attacked on your visits. They'd be literally slaughtered at will.
Re: Jihadist Ambush On Nigeria State Governor’s Convoy Kills 15: Sources by Nobody: 11:52pm On Sep 25, 2020
Escobar98:
Honestly I don't see a reason why Zulum needed to revisit Ba'aga after the first attack last month. The military keep boasting of the liberation of Ba'aga and Zulum is imploring the citizens to return despite his disbelief of the liberation. It's just so crazy. You want citizens to return to where you've been attacked on your visits. They'd be literally slaughtered at will.
I guess he running out of cash to take care of them,I can understand his frustration.

1 Like

Re: Jihadist Ambush On Nigeria State Governor’s Convoy Kills 15: Sources by Escobar98(m): 12:13am On Sep 26, 2020
I've seen him flag off infrastructural projects in Borno. Yes. They need to use their grants reasonably. But his calls for citizens to return to the ravaged areas is unreasonably accelerated. Financial considerations shouldn't outweigh safety no cap. I'm a big fan of professor Zulum, but he needs to slow down. Reconstruction is always a steady process. He needs to ensure the elimination of the terrorists before we talk about return
uruba23:
I guess he running out of cash to take care of them,I can understand his frustration.
Re: Jihadist Ambush On Nigeria State Governor’s Convoy Kills 15: Sources by Nobody: 1:12am On Sep 26, 2020
Escobar98:
I've seen him flag off infrastructural projects in Borno. Yes. They need to use their grants reasonably. But his calls for citizens to return to the ravaged areas is unreasonably accelerated. Financial considerations shouldn't outweigh safety no cap. I'm a big fan of professor Zulum, but he needs to slow down. Reconstruction is always a steady process. He needs to ensure the elimination of the terrorists before we talk about return
You are right but he knows where the shoes pitches.You need to understand the sacrifice he is taking to take the first bullet by trying to visit Baga himself.In the long run they just have to be a solution to the problem the people can't be displaced forever.The town's just have to be liberated,for the time being no one is returning to Baga.

1 Like

Re: Jihadist Ambush On Nigeria State Governor’s Convoy Kills 15: Sources by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:02am On Sep 26, 2020
AGAIN,
May it never be well with all Boko haram and religious killings sponsors in our darling nation and may all those who support their sponsors all end up miserably in life.
May bitterness and pains never leave their doorsteps.
So shall it be.

Sane Nigerians,
watch out how hypocrites, swines, enemies of Nigeria and bastards will avoid saying Amen to this innocent prayer.
While, honest, good and hardworking Nigerians shout a very BIG AMEN.
Just watch it!

WATCH them quote this post and say all manner of jargon without saying Amen that will kill the evil Boko Haram, Kaduna killings and all other evil vices sponsors.
All of una causing pains in dis country no go ever die better.

No be curse,
Na FACT!!

clarocuzioo:

I say a loud AMEN to your prayers, and I also add

May all the useless ediot especially the online urchins who tend to paint black white because of stipends they get from eveil people, may sword never depart from their house hold.

May day be cursed by the night and the morning.
May the.rains bring nothing but tears to them.
May they remain a curse to their generation.
So shall it be in Jesus name, Amen.

Please kindly say a big Amen to this prayer.
Amen,
Amen,
and Amen to this very important prayer.
So shall it be for all those urchins collecting any form of stipends to support the evil people that are bent on putting our darling nation in chaos and bloodshed.
They will all end up miserably in life.
They can never escape it.
Thanks for the prayers.
So shall it be in Jesus name.
Insha Allah also!
Iseeeeeee........

If you support criminals and evil people, also keep up with it.
Your end will justify it all.

We Rise!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jihadist Ambush On Nigeria State Governor’s Convoy Kills 15: Sources by Yankee101: 5:18am On Sep 26, 2020
Someone is really after Zullum's life which means he's doing something right
Re: Jihadist Ambush On Nigeria State Governor’s Convoy Kills 15: Sources by FlordFlorez(m): 5:21am On Sep 26, 2020
This people are still strong this much??
Re: Jihadist Ambush On Nigeria State Governor’s Convoy Kills 15: Sources by Racoon(m): 5:23am On Sep 26, 2020
Evidence of a failed state.Guess Lai Mohammed will still be talking his nonsense of BH not capable of coordinat-ing major attacks? Reality should be clearer but the failed lying government will still continue the propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: Jihadist Ambush On Nigeria State Governor’s Convoy Kills 15: Sources by Nobody: 6:24am On Sep 26, 2020
It's a lie.

Boko Haram has been technically defeated.
All the people killed are soft targets. They killed them just to show they are still around - Lai Mohammed speaking

1 Like

Re: Jihadist Ambush On Nigeria State Governor’s Convoy Kills 15: Sources by Mandela89(f): 6:44am On Sep 26, 2020
Is well
Re: Jihadist Ambush On Nigeria State Governor’s Convoy Kills 15: Sources by minePiAfrica: 6:46am On Sep 26, 2020
Nigeria has fallen embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Jihadist Ambush On Nigeria State Governor’s Convoy Kills 15: Sources by donaldking10: 6:48am On Sep 26, 2020
NICE ONE FROM THEM BOKO-BOYS.
LET THESE POLITICIANS FACE WHAT WE HAVE BEEN FACING SMALL.
Re: Jihadist Ambush On Nigeria State Governor’s Convoy Kills 15: Sources by BestMan001: 6:50am On Sep 26, 2020
How many times will this governor get attacked before BH rest?
Anyway.. They knows better than i do
Re: Jihadist Ambush On Nigeria State Governor’s Convoy Kills 15: Sources by Nobody: 6:51am On Sep 26, 2020
Now is the best time to reinstall oshopikin as NLC chairman, with his hatred now for his APC backstabbers fuel price may become #30 per litre.
Re: Jihadist Ambush On Nigeria State Governor’s Convoy Kills 15: Sources by ManOfCompetence(m): 6:57am On Sep 26, 2020
This is very sad......RIP to the lives lost.... But let's be honest to ourselves here, the sponsors of this (ISWAP)/Boko Haram in Nigeria here are not unknown...it baffles me why our government have failed to take the necessary proactive steps in tackling this menace..... Except the government is benefiting from this killings of innocent citizens I actually see no reason why a group of terrorist will hold a state to ransom for years now......
This should be a wake up call for us living in southern nigeria, because according to the ex cbn governor Intel this terrorist have bigger plans than what we see them execute today.... But our God big pass them..

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Just Returned From Prison Two Weeks Ago - Man Tells Magistrate / Wife's FCMB Account Savings Stolen / Shocking! Friendly Lady Captured By Cctv Stealing A Phone From A Shop.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.