Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,786 members, 7,956,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:05 PM

How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. (2645 Views)

Transsion Holdings Vs Other Chinese Brands. / How Transsion Holdings Dominated The African Mobile Phone Industry / How Transsion Holdings Are Cheating And Lying To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 06, 2020
Really tech illiterates. Someone is saying tecno is better than Oppo because the name sounds strange without knowing that the company that produces Oneplus owns Oppo, do they even know what Oneplus is? Just today someone say a poster of a Vivo device and was saying " Vivo still dey exist", Vivo made the top 5 best selling phone this year following iPhone. Vivo and Tecno are NOT mates.

4 Likes

Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 06, 2020
edoairways:
Are camera phones replacing digital cameras?
Ask 64mp camon 16 tongue
Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by YouloveEmmanuel: 2:40pm On Nov 06, 2020
Visit telegram channel @jumiadealsonline for jumia discounts & black Friday awoof
Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by Bestchild: 3:45pm On Nov 06, 2020
Bonatheripper:
IPhone or nothing sha
that's for you, and it's ok. Everyone can't have same choices
Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by Bestchild: 3:46pm On Nov 06, 2020
Karleb:
Stop calling people gullible for not agreeing with you.
the thing weak me sha
Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by edoairways: 6:44pm On Nov 06, 2020
OJay360:
Ask 64mp camon 16 tongue
What do you mean?

1 Like

Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by madamgrace: 1:15am On Nov 08, 2020
So you mean someone is gullible for having preference? If not for transcion phones how many people would be using Android phones in Nigeria? Currently, itel... is blazing, I could easily use 30k to buy s16 (quality phone), but can I use same amount to buy non transcion brands? Pls stop sermonising us. Minimum wage is still 30k

3 Likes

Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by edoairways: 2:10am On Nov 08, 2020
madamgrace:
So you mean someone is gullible for having preference? If not for transcion phones how many people would be using Android phones in Nigeria? Currently, itel... is blazing, I could easily use 30k to buy s16 (quality phone), but can I use same amount to buy non transcion brands? Pls stop sermonising us. Minimum wage is still 30k
Help me ask them.

1 Like

Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by Derailer(m): 6:32am On Nov 08, 2020
madamgrace:

I just taya.

They say ' Variety is the spice of life' and i-tel offers just that.

Dash these guys an i-tel device and see them turn to sycophants.

I'm very impressed with their strategy of targeted manufacturing instead of flooding the market with high end devices already being massively produced by other so called flagship brands; i-tel has the capacity to do this; it's deliberate I guess.

2 Likes

Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 7:46am On Nov 08, 2020
there's nothing like gullible Nigerian.

we all have preferences.

due to Xiaomi hype.
I bought Xiaomi mi max 3.. quite good phone.. used redmi 8 also.. quite good device too.

Using both phones to run my mini apps.. it got to a stage that my FIFA 14 mod 20 ..lagged on both Xiaomi devices.

something that never happened on my Infinix or tecno

Xiaomi is a good device but it's overrated.

my next phone is INFINIX NOTE 8 or 7..
Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 7:49am On Nov 08, 2020
and the nonsense resolution Xiaomi do shout.. I see no difference between them and tecno.

only Samsung AMOLED is clear different
Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by ourema(f): 8:56am On Nov 08, 2020
I love Nokia anyday!!!

2 Likes

Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by marlboro007(m): 10:15am On Nov 08, 2020
ourema:
I love Nokia anyday!!!
God bless u my sister

1 Like

Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by Corroro: 5:28pm On Nov 08, 2020
i dont think this is much of a big deal, the availability of parts, affordability of devices and after sales services is enough for anyone to want to opt for a transsion device, they have really done good with that so they deserve any credit they are getting on those ends
Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by Corroro: 5:30pm On Nov 08, 2020
just because someone chooses a certain brand over another doesn't make them illiterates, TECNO have very good phones so if anyone wants to settle for them i think their choices shouls be respected.
OJay360:
Really tech illiterates. Someone is saying tecno is better than Oppo because the name sounds strange without knowing that the company that produces Oneplus owns Oppo, do they even know what Oneplus is? Just today someone say a poster of a Vivo device and was saying " Vivo still dey exist", Vivo made the top 5 best selling phone this year following iPhone. Vivo and Tecno are NOT mates.
Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by Zeroenochone(m): 10:24pm On Nov 08, 2020
chariisGRACE:
The attached is a screenshot of what I posted on Facebook. It happens that it is a cousin to what the OP is saying.

My brother
Oil dey your head wink
Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by Zeroenochone(m): 10:29pm On Nov 08, 2020
Abiodunspectre:
TECNO has build trust and reputation in the Nigeria smartphone market. There's nothing anyone can do to displace that.

Contrary to your belief there is.

If a big company were to start producing great phones and spare parts at cheap prices now and explain the advantages of those phones over Tecno
small small people will start preferring that brand, mind you some will feel cheated by Tecno and will hate it passionately

That's the process that spawned the fabled Nairaland "Xiaomi fanboys"
Basically we who don't prefer Tecno are people who felt cheated by their products

Though I'll admit they are stepping up their game but we'll know on time if it was too late or not

2 Likes

Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by RealEzee(m): 10:10am On Nov 09, 2020
Karleb:
Truth is, na money wey I no get dey make me use "transistor" phones. grin grin

If money dey, no member of my family will go near Techno, Itel, infinx and their family members.

That being said, I believe the Naomi hype is too much. In fact, Naomi is a brand that has enjoyed too much hype. Tautology? undecided

Non "Transistor" phones such as Nokia, Samsung, Sony, iPhone, Blackberry etc. has made a fortune in Nigerian market, their phones are better quite alright but the amount is just damn too high.

Transsion phone were the one that stop the monopoly of their Non-Transsion counterparts.

When BB and Samsung were in vogue, ladies lost virginties just to get them, these days, any Tom, Dick and Harry can get a good android phone with 30k, we have transistor phones to thank for this.

Let our dear transistor phones manufacturers enjoy the Nigerian economy, besides, the economy can accommodate them all.

Manchester City is one of TECNO's official sponsors, I believe that brand is going places.

...and Non-Transsion phones still sell like pure water.
actually tecno is sponsoring Man City not the other way round, all global marketing strategy, yet we can't say it's paying off in terms of sales of its merch in the UK since that deal was signed or some significant brand presence in the European market among the smart phone sphere, let's see how they fare currently with their new devices.
Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by YangaBabe: 11:24pm On Nov 09, 2020
I think transsion eating deep into the African market is very much well deserved, they've worked hard for it so it's a credit well earned to them.
Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by YangaBabe: 11:26pm On Nov 09, 2020
madamgrace:
fair point, if not for the likes of TECNO we might have been stuck to Java and symbian phones, we wouldn't even know a double sim phone could exist grin
Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by Zeroenochone(m): 7:56am On Nov 10, 2020
YangaBabe:
fair point, if not for the likes of TECNO we might have been stuck to Java and symbian phones, we wouldn't even know a double sim phone could exist grin

Really sis?

If Albert Einstein didn't discover the theory of relativity someone else would

If transsion never existed we would still have access to smartphones now, it's just how the universe works.
I'm pretty sure everyone back then would have thought that if Nokia doesn't produce Android phones we'd never use smartphones and Transsion beat them to it
So if transsion wasn't there some other brand would have risen

smiley
Don't be so emotional and forget about reality
They didn't do us a favour they only targeted a free market and sold their products
Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by YangaBabe: 8:44am On Nov 10, 2020
whatever you say, it still doesnt change the fact that they brought the advent of android smartphones to Africa, what stopped the other brands from doing such? didnt they know Africa existed?
Zeroenochone:

Really sis?

If Albert Einstein didn't discover the theory of relativity someone else would

If transsion never existed we would still have access to smartphones now, it's just how the universe works.
I'm pretty sure everyone back then would have thought that if Nokia doesn't produce Android phones we'd never use smartphones and Transsion beat them to it
So if transsion wasn't there some other brand would have risen

smiley
Don't be so emotional and forget about reality
They didn't do us a favour they only targeted a free market and sold their products
Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by Zeroenochone(m): 10:29am On Nov 10, 2020
YangaBabe:
whatever you say, it still doesnt change the fact that they brought the advent of android smartphones to Africa, what stopped the other brands from doing such? didnt they know Africa existed?

smiley smiley
I'm not trying to dispute the fact that they were among the very first brands to start selling to Africa and that's why they are pretty strong here now, that's a well known fact

Like I said

They didn't do you a favour they only spotted a free market and targeted it, it's business really, Nokia would have given them a serious run for their money but they chose to start with the wrong operating system (windows) which didn't support Google play services and all. And that's why Nokia's presence in Africa has weakened so much.

And I believe what I said already countered your belief that "we'd still be using java phones if not for transsion" that statement you made just isn't true.

Just as Transsion filled the void that Nokia left, another brand would have filled that void if transsion didn't seize that opportunity

1 Like

Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by akingbadeomoseb: 1:51pm On Nov 11, 2020
theFilmtric:

You talked pure sense
But I don't think the Zero 8 is overpriced
Check out OPPO phones
OPPO=Overpriced Transsion

theFilmtricsay
Agree to this. Infinix Zero 8 is priced right as per its specs. The Mediatek gaming processor and the camera section is so good in this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My HTC Sprint Touch Pro2 Is Rejecting My Password / OS 7.1 Hotspot Wahala / Tecno M3 Bluetooth Headset

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.