Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,403 members, 7,954,599 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:19 AM

My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos (62082 Views)

My Trip To Washington DC from Lagos / My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam / My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by NkanAkpanika: 7:18am On Oct 07, 2020
Development is not a mystery , Nigerians make it look so. Everywhere can be developed, it just needs competent planning & execution and efficient tax system. without efficient tax system there would be lack of maintenance. dependence on allocation is unsustainable .
Another thing is to enact and enforce progressive laws. For example,ban child labor and street/roadside hawking,wrongful parking,overloading of vehicle,compulsory vehicle insurance, that will make the roads appear cleaner and orderly than they are now .
Calabar is larger and more naturally beautiful than Uyo&Akwa ibom. In my opinion,Calabar has greater potentials,more history & beautiful culture and is still better than Uyo because it's by the water, Hills, mountains around Akamkpa , and you can't beat waterfront cities . All Calabar needs is a good administrator and mega city expansion with bridges and 3 lane avenues linking various areas like Creek town ,Odukpani, Akpabuyo area. waterfront parks,beaches, and boardwalks.
Infrastructures like stadium ,malls,airline, highrise apartments , and resorts are private ventures. It's white elephant and won't last if built by Government.
Frankly, it's not a mystery to build good roads with sidewalks,traffic signs,drainage,trees,etc. , it's just unfortunate that the administrator is incompetent for now .
Nonsense... So is Akwa Ibom that doesn't have a water front... You be dumbo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 07, 2020
NkanAkpanika:

Nonsense... So is Akwa Ibom that doesn't have a water front... You be dumbo
I've noticed most of your comments , it seems you have inferiority complex and envy towards Efik/Calabar. You are overzealous despite being from an insignificant and marginalized ibeno. I notice that most overzealous akwans are even from the insignificant areas like ibeno ,eket and obolo. All I can think of it seems you have a wrong orientation or trying hard to be accepted or be part of . I pity your foolishness .
We are talking about cities , Is Akwa ibom a city or state? Cross river is three times larger than Akwa Ibom. Get it into your thick skull that the entire Southern Cross river is regarded as Greater Calabar Area and it's larger than Akwa ibom. Calabar has mountains,hills ,beaches,cliffs,waterfalls,forest,Grasslands, etc. fertile soil,numerous natural valuable resources,etc. Calabar has richer history & culture than entire Akwa ibom , in fact Akwa ibom copies the Efik/Calabar Culture.
You did not refute the facts i made , just stupid defensive talk.
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 07, 2020
Ndipe:
In my time, Calabar was a serene town with great leaders like the late Clement Isong and Esuene who built the Calabar Itu road/bridge that changed the mode of transportation in the place from plying the sea to traveling by road. We had the palm produce board, the biscuit factory, the famous Metropolitan hotel . . . infact, there was a solid middle class in the city. Civil servants lived a decent or somewhat comfortable life, the roads were nice and tarred, Uyo was just a village, I dont know if there was electricity at that time in Uyo when I was growing up in Calabar. How Calabar just degenerated into an abyss is shocking.

I wish people can use their brains more often so i dont have to type long. Nigerians always love to exaggerate things. it's normal to reminisce and see with rose colored glasses. There's still middle class etc. I've seen many photos and videos of Calabar recently , not as bad as some make it out to be , it's normal Nigerian setting for major roads to be good and the inner streets are bad, and that's despite Cross river receiving the lowest allocation. Although there are some private development plans for Calabar. the governor needs to step up and expand and also curb insecurity which is as a result of criminals escaping from Akwa ibom and war torn southern Cameroon to seek refuge in Calabar.
Listen, Cross river is 3 times larger than Akwa ibom and receives the least allocation.Do you think Uyo would develop without those extra oil wells? I think it's highly unfair when people do not take factors into consideration. i've seen photos of and videos of some development going on in other parts of Cross river state .
Akwa ibom is just doing a good job with media propaganda that's why you think other wise . For example, the airport Akwa ibom is trying to build Calabar already has an airport and seaport and planning to build new ones. The conference center Akwa ibom is trying to build ,Calabar has conference center . Golf courses Calabar has . Calabar has flag and Cross river also has flag. Ibom Hotel and resort is not doing any better than Tinapa Lakeside Hotel. There are investors and factories springing up in Calabar . As for stadium, frankly,it's not the job of government to build stadium . There's numerous private projects going on in Calabar too. again not all states have everything posted to front page of nairaland. What needs to happen is that new 6 lane roadways need to be built to link and open up many other areas in Akpabuyo,Akampka ,Odukpani, and Biase.
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Ndipe(m): 10:01am On Oct 07, 2020
I was not painting Calabar black but giving an accurate picture of what's going on there. Anarchy seems to be the order of the day in the city as news reports are inundated with kidnapping and cult killings. It is wrong of you to accuse Akwa Ibomites and Cameroonians as being criminals that are creating havoc out there. Where are your proofs?

Cheat2Win:
I wish people can use their brains more often so i dont have to type long. Nigerians always love to exaggerate things. The thing is that it's human nature to reminisce on the past and that makes you see with rose colored glasses ,but the fact is that no one place can remain the same forever, there's always changes going on. There's been lots of changes and development in Calabar since the 80s . There's still middle class etc. I've seen many photos and videos of Calabar recently and I would say it's not as bad as some make it out to be , it's normal Nigerian setting or most to be okay and the inner streets are bad. and this despite Cross river receiving the lowest allocation. Although there are some private development plans for Calabar. the governor needs to step up and expand and also curb insecurity which is as a result of criminals escaping from Akwa ibom and war torn southern Cameroon to seek refuge in Calabar.
Listen, Cross river is 3 times larger than Akwa ibom and receives the least allocation.Do you think Uyo would develop s it did without those extra oil wells? I think it's highly unfair when people do not take factors into consideration. . i've seen photos of and videos of some development going on in other parts of Cross river state .
Akwa ibom is just doing a good job with media propaganda that's why you think other wise . For example, the airport Akwa ibom is trying to build Calabar already has an airport and seaport and planning to build new ones. The conference center Akwa ibom is trying to build ,Calabar has conferernce center . Golf courses Calaabr has . Calabar has flag and Cross river also has flag. bom Hotel and resort is not doing any better than Tinapa Lakeside Hotel. There are investors and factories springing up in Calabar . As for stadium, frankly,it's not the job of government to build stadium . There's numerous private projects going on in Calabar too. again not all states have everything posted to front page of nairaland. What needs to happen is that new 6 lane roadways need to be built to open up many other areas in Akpabuyo ,etc.
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 07, 2020
Ndipe:
I was not painting Calabar black but giving an accurate picture of what's going on in the city. Anarchy seems to be the order of the day in the city as news reports are inundated with kidnapping and cult killings going on in the city of Calabar. It is wrong of you to accuse Akwa Ibomites and Cameroonians as being accomplices in the criminal activities in Calabar. Where are your proofs?
Did you know there's war going on in southern Cameroon right now? there's no border demarcation,police station,customs ,checkpoint or any watchtower in the entire Akpabuyo and bakassi local governments which borders Cameroon. and with those creeks which i think need to be sandfilled , that's why it's easy for these criminals to hide out in these deserted places. Did you know Akwa ibom enacted death sentence on kidnappers and armed robbers that's why those criminals escaped to Calabar and akpabuyo area because the governor of Cross river is not tackling insecurity but was rather focused on building industries. Go to the police station and check the names of most of the criminals and they're at least 50 percent Akwa ibomites from Oron ,Uyo etc. 20 percent Cameroonians.

Like I said, Akwa ibom is just busy with media propaganda. Do you want me to show you bad news or crime and underdevelopment in Akwa ibom right now ? I can. I can also show you some nice things going on in Calabar and other plans for private developments happening in Calabar that will not make it to front page everyday.
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Ndipe(m): 10:11am On Oct 07, 2020
How can you differentiate an Akwa Ibomite from a Cross Riverian when their names are almost interchangeable?

Cheat2Win:
Did you know there's war going on in southern cameroon right now? did you k now Akwa ibom enacted death sentence on kidnappers and armed robbers that's why those criminals escaped to Calabar because the governor of Cross river is not tackling insecurity but was rather focused on building industries. Go to the police station and check the names of most of the criminals and they're at least 50 percent Akwa ibomites from Oron ,Uyo etc. 20 percent Cameroonians.

Like i said Akwa ibom is just busy with media propaganda. do you want me to show you bad news and underdevelopment in Akwa ibom right now / i can. I can also show you some nice things going on in Calabar and other plans for private developments happening in Calabar.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 07, 2020
Ndipe:
How can you differentiate an Akwa Ibomite from a Cross Riverian when their names are almost interchangeable?

There are typical and distinguishable Efik,Oro and ibibio names and there's state of Origin.

For example Akpan and Etukudo are not Efik names. Esin,Ante,Antai,etc are typical Oron name.

Back to my other point, Calabar just needs a competent administrator. the current governor is from the northern border town and seems like he's clueless .
There needs to be border and maritime security ,police stations and security presence in akpabuyo and bakassi local government and also sandfill most of those creeks .
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by NkanAkpanika: 12:02pm On Oct 07, 2020
Ndipe:

Guy that's idiot you quoted is from northern Cross River and you know the don't mean well for Efik and Akwa Ibom people..
Secondly she as been going with different moniker, one been 100Caliber grin
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 07, 2020
NkanAkpanika:

[s]Guy that's idiot you quoted is from northern Cross River and you know the don't mean well for Efik and Akwa Ibom people..
Secondly she as been going with different moniker, one been 100Caliber grin[/s]
Very weak response. so you're psychic to know monickers . All Efiks on this forum and in real life have consistently rejected you as a bastard. I am Efik ,you are not and can't be . you're just a dumb ibuno/obolo hater of Efiks &Calabar. what's the meaning of Nkanakpanika and Ilaumoh? Sounds very primitive .

Ndipe:
Don't mind the Ibeno beach clown Nkanakpanika and his other Monikers.
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by lkillbrokehoes: 11:59am On Oct 08, 2020
Womanizer:

You mean her nyash? grin
Bress
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by gistcity(m): 10:15am On Jul 20, 2021
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by abrahambest(m): 6:57am On Oct 24, 2022
Fast forward to 2022, we are now married grin

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by willsonzzy: 2:56pm On Oct 24, 2022
Happy married life to you guys
Although I waited for the total cost of everything on that trip

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by abrahambest(m): 6:31pm On Oct 24, 2022
willsonzzy:
Happy married life to you guys
Although I waited for the total cost of everything on that trip

Thank you so much
Sorry , I replied to something about this on page 2. Let me just copy paste here

*Well for transportation
Air fare cost NGN20,500 per adult to CALABAR
Fare to the hotel from Calabar airport NGN2,000
Journey from Calabar to Uyo NGN2,100
Journey from Uyo to Eket: NGN1,500
Journey from Eket to Ibeno Beach: NGN300 to and fro*

I hope this is sufficient
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by OVB123: 10:05pm On Oct 24, 2022
abrahambest:

Thank you so much
Sorry , I replied to something about this on page 2. Let me just copy paste here

*Well for transportation
Air fare cost NGN20,500 per adult to CALABAR
Fare to the hotel from Calabar airport NGN2,000
Journey from Calabar to Uyo NGN2,100
Journey from Uyo to Eket: NGN1,500
Journey from Eket to Ibeno Beach: NGN300 to and fro*

I hope this is sufficient
Things have change now, that transport price from Lagos Akwa Ibom and to Calabar is no untenable. Congratulation married man, I pray that God bless your home in jesus name, Amen!

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by abrahambest(m): 12:19pm On Oct 25, 2022
OVB123:
Things have change now, that transport price from Lagos Akwa Ibom and to Calabar is no untenable. Congratulation married man, I pray that God bless your home in jesus name, Amen!
Amen, God bless you.
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by abrahambest(m): 6:58pm On Oct 28, 2022
And we have welcomed our first baby. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Cows At Akure Airport Prevent Air Peace From Landing. Fayose, FFK React / Inside Saudi Arabia Saudia's Airline’s Onboard Prayer Room / Nigerian Cleaner Dancing On The Road In UAE (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.