Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,146 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos (60027 Views)

My Trip To Marrakech-morocco / My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar / My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by abrahambest(m): 9:07pm On Oct 02, 2020
purpleicious:
Jesus! Fare from airport to hotel, #2000?Did U board an airspace?It's Mary Slessor Road not Street and I hope you enjoyed the hospitality.
Thank you so much. And yes, I enjoyed the hospitality. The reception was great
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by kingkodee(m): 9:16pm On Oct 02, 2020
I stay in calabar I was d one with d dog

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Ademoore07(m): 9:18pm On Oct 02, 2020
abrahambest:

20,500NGN. Just check the rates from Air Peace Booking platform
Still cheap. thanks
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Samadhii(m): 9:24pm On Oct 02, 2020
abrahambest:
So the trip was carefully planned with my girlfriend. We both were on leave. Considering the travel distance by road from Lagos, we decided to travel by air.

We booked a flight using Air Peace booking platform and the take off time was scheduled for 1100 hours, 26th September 2020. The flight later got rescheduled for 1320 hours and again 1310 hours. Thanks to Air Peace team for informing us by both SMS and email notification so we could plan accordingly.
Hello sir, how much is the plane ticket?
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by kingkodee(m): 9:24pm On Oct 02, 2020

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by LoveThemChubby(m): 9:28pm On Oct 02, 2020
TheLasyBuddha:

No matter where your hotel is in Calabar, I repeat, no matter where it is, it won't cost you more than NGN500 to get there for a drop in. You could have gotten to the road side and use a taxi.

Bros airport taxis charge differently na
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by OVB123: 9:43pm On Oct 02, 2020
Kinematics:

Guess you only knew me recently. I have no qualms with Akwa Ibom besides the lies Hunchogee aka Ilaumoh keep dishing on a daily basis. Also I'm allergic to people celebrating mediocrity on a daily basis just the way Ilaumoh does.

Yes Akwa Ibom is a beautiful state we all know that. The indigenes of the state try to keep their state clean which is commendable. I'm not against Akwa Ibom neither are my against the job Ilaumoh aka Hunchogee is doing, but whenever he uses lies to hype it beyond what it is or try to bring other state down just to make his look better I will always come for his jugular.

Well back to the thread. If you are looking at relaxation in clean and peaceful environment then Akwa Ibom or Cross River is the place. However if you are looking for anything else then look elsewhere.
You have hit the nail on the head my dear. Kudos.
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Gerrard59(m): 9:45pm On Oct 02, 2020
Christafarian:

Not seemed. Eket people are very lovely & friendly. It's Uyo people that seem uncouth & hostile.
Another thing is that in Uyo, they assume you are automatically an Ibibio speaker (or rather they force their language in your head by fire by force). Very somehow people

Same happens everywhere in the world. The French, Germans, Russians, Portuguese etc., would rather speak their languages to strangers instead of English.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Blackking98(m): 9:51pm On Oct 02, 2020
Kinematics:

In terms of Kidnapping and Robbery Uyo is better than many cities in Nigeria including Lagos. But just drive a little up north of Uyo ie Ikot Ekpene and the story is the direct opposite.
My eyes are deciving me grin
Please return the phone back to the real owner grin

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by samuelson06(m): 10:00pm On Oct 02, 2020

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Blackking98(m): 10:05pm On Oct 02, 2020
Ebenezer2021:
eyeneka take am easy, don't let the opinions of few Akwa ibomites make you generalize and make you think we are all like that.
We're still one brother
I swear
It's called hasty generalisation.
I've come across efiks who dislike Akwa ibomites but that has never made me abhor efiks one bit. I don't do that hasty generalisation because it's bad.
Efiks and Akwa ibomites are still one tho
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Ebenezer2021(m): 10:19pm On Oct 02, 2020
Blackking98:

I swear
It's called hasty generalisation.
I've come across efiks who dislike Akwa ibomites but that has never made me abhor efiks one bit. I don't do that hasty generalisation because it's bad.
Efiks and Akwa ibomites are still one tho
the guy I quoted sef no be am.
I been think say him get Sense.
check out the bolded quote I screenshot from his comments before mods deleted it

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by SamuelLoch: 10:45pm On Oct 02, 2020
Princessbettyj:

Olodo grin
Now, this is strange. Princessbettyj, what's wrong with my comment? "pieces"?
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Sparekey(m): 11:05pm On Oct 02, 2020
Gerrard59:

If I had seen this thread earlier, I'd have cautioned you travelling to Uyo via road. You probably should have taken a boat from Creek Town to Oron and use the road to Uyo. Due to the deplorable road situation, it's shorter. People have spent more than five hours on that Calabar - Uyo Road. Five years ago, the trip took not more than two hours and not more than an hour seven years ago (circa 30 - 45 mins).

Pls wer exactly is the creek town and what's the fair from Calabar to Oron, and Oron to Uyo like
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by NkanAkpanika: 11:13pm On Oct 02, 2020
Blackking98:

My eyes are deciving me grin
Please return the phone back to the real owner grin
You are surprised right : grin
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by seguno2: 11:14pm On Oct 02, 2020
Gerrard59:
If I had seen this thread earlier, I'd have cautioned you travelling to Uyo via road. You probably should have taken a boat from Creek Town to Oron and use the road to Uyo. Due to the deplorable road situation, it's shorter. People have spent more than five hours on that Calabar - Uyo Road. Five years ago, the trip took not more than two hours and not more than an hour seven years ago (circa 30 - 45 mins).

Please is the Calabar-Uyo road for the federal government?

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by TheLasyBuddha: 12:11am On Oct 03, 2020
LoveThemChubby:

Bros airport taxis charge differently na

Yeah, I know. It's just few minutes walk from the airport to the road.
OP no carry too much load. How he thought he negotiated the price to think he wasn't cheated make me laugh.

The man knack am, big time.
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by 2Ways(m): 12:22am On Oct 03, 2020
class1x:
This is Ekpene Ukpa street opposite Royalty Hotel in Eket

where is the photo?
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Ndipe(m): 12:23am On Oct 03, 2020
Unnecessary and unfair criticism. He went on vacation and posted the pictures for us to see and like. He enjoyed himself and had no control of the weather. Look beyond these superficialities. The pictures are nice.

CalabarHills:
Firstly, You are not a good documenter. The photos look drab ,poor quality and uninspiring . You should have gone on a sunny day with cloudless blue skies.
Secondly, The government needs to ban child labor/abuse and street & roadside hawking , it makes the entire place look dirty and ugly. They also need to stop painting the medians and side of roads black and white.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Nobody: 12:25am On Oct 03, 2020
enjoy ur stay Op cool

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by VickyRotex(f): 12:57am On Oct 03, 2020
Cheeeiiii, OP this post reminds me of Mish's Akwa Ibom Ayaya song:

I want to go home
I'm from Akwa Ibom
Incase you don't know
Akwa Ibom Ayaya
you can enter motor
or fly for Aero
and land for Uyo
you should come with me
I'm missing the love at home

Of course I don't understand some of the lyrics, but I got the gist cool cool

Btw, Mish used to be on NL, where's he

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr7xh0maAyQ

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by emerazz(m): 12:59am On Oct 03, 2020
samuelson06:

I'm o. Because most of those claims are strange.

Abi na.. Atàmbembem

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Ademoore07(m): 2:56am On Oct 03, 2020
samuelson06:

I was referring to his trip from Uyo to Eket. By the way, roadside buses do exist from Calabar to Uyo. Stand by NEPA or stadium.
OK
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by sunday0707(m): 3:40am On Oct 03, 2020
Ilaumoh:

And we need you back..
Adap
I still communicate with friends eketlites I met there even after 5years, lovely, beautiful and accommodating people. Though I'm from ondo state. I love akwa ibom. If I am to choose a state after ondo I would go with Akwa ibom. Akwa ibom ayaya. A state blessed by God. I don't think any state can compare in terms of beautiful girls and women

4 Likes

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by SGANIVA(m): 6:08am On Oct 03, 2020
I think enugu is far better than Calabar but Calabar have more tourist attraction.enugu roads is one of the best in Nigeria compare to that your pictures
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by NkanAkpanika: 6:24am On Oct 03, 2020
sunday0707:
I still communicate with friends eketlites I met there even after 5years, lovely, beautiful and accommodating people. Though I'm from ondo state. I love akwa ibom. If I am to choose a state after ondo I would go with Akwa ibom. Akwa ibom ayaya. A state blessed by God. I don't think any state can compare in terms of beautiful girls and women
God bless you for this kind words..
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by NkanAkpanika: 6:28am On Oct 03, 2020
seguno2:

Yes and is the Calabar section that is very bad... Thanks to ayade

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by TourismMan(m): 7:11am On Oct 03, 2020
PremierGuy:
So many places to visit in Nigeria but impossible to venture around because of insecurities and kidnapping.

And that is one of the main challenges of tourism. Tourism cannot thrive when there is insecurity in the tourist destination or regional area. As a matter of fact, the OP, has done us a big favour by not mentioning he was ever attacked by either kidnappers, armed robbers, ritualists or alike at any point in time. If he had mentioned such, that automatically would just kill the willingness of 99% of those planning/hoping to visit any of the two states. Why Dubai is what it is is because so many things have been put in place with infrastructure and security topping government priority. Well, we all know opposite is the case in Nigeria. That alone kills tourism sector in the country. Quite unfortunate!

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Princessbettyj(f): 7:34am On Oct 03, 2020
SamuelLoch:

Now, this is strange.
Princessbettyj, what's wrong with my comment? "pieces"?

.pieces?
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Gerrard59(m): 7:58am On Oct 03, 2020
Sparekey:

Pls wer exactly is the creek town and what's the fair from Calabar to Oron, and Oron to Uyo like

Creek Town is in Southern Cross River near Calabar. Oron to Uyo shouldn't be more than a thousand naira (Covid-19 is at fault). Regarding Calabar to Oron, honestly, no idea.
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Gerrard59(m): 8:02am On Oct 03, 2020
seguno2:

Yes. Bald headed Ita Enang is there doing nothing, well, no wonder he's an Enang (cow in Ibibio).

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) / Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) / Rats Hanging From The Ceiling At Murtala Muhammed Airport Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.