Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos (60021 Views)

My Trip To Marrakech-morocco / My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar / My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by SamuelLoch: 8:06am On Oct 03, 2020
Princessbettyj:

.pieces?

I knew it! Lmao!
Okay! A synonym for "pieces" would be "articles" or "write-ups"
You can read my comment again, then use another word for "pieces".
Also, don't forget to hit the like button grin
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Singingbae(m): 8:24am On Oct 03, 2020
BigDawsNet:

We about to move when she took over...I had a feeling she's gonna be great to you guys cheesy

! I doubt if you know me ....not really that popular guy grin

But my room is located where all Corp member docs is stored..

Lol! With the HOC?
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Princessbettyj(f): 8:31am On Oct 03, 2020
SamuelLoch:

I knew it! Lmao!
Okay! A synonym for "pieces" would be "articles" or "write-ups"
You can read my comment again, then use another word for "pieces".
Also, don't forget to hit the like button grin

undecided undecided smh
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by BigDawsNet: 8:50am On Oct 03, 2020
Singingbae:

Lol! With the HOC?

HoC? Not sure about that...

Just the room opposite CDS hall

A very close friend of Cj's
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Ndipe(m): 9:02am On Oct 03, 2020
I am from Uyo but grew up in Calabar. In my days, Uyo was a village while Calabar was an urban area. There was just no comparison between Uyo and Calabar. Even when I was at Uniuyo, people complained the place was dry and they could not wait to leave the area after graduation. One even said he will never step foot in Uyo after his graduation. Now, the roles have switched, Uyo is experiencing a renaissance, with nice tarred roads, modern buildings and influx of tourists and people from different parts of the country seeking to better their lives by tapping into greener pastures of the land. Who would have thought? This should serve as a reminder that no condition is permanent.

OVB123:
Thank you very much but I don't know why Calabar is living in past glory? the place can not be compared to Uyo now.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by sunday0707(m): 9:06am On Oct 03, 2020
NkanAkpanika:

God bless you for this kind words..
Amen and you too, God bless Ondo , Akwa ibom and Nigeria at large

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by NkanAkpanika: 9:15am On Oct 03, 2020
sunday0707:
Amen and you too, God bless Ondo , Akwa ibom and Nigeria at large
Amen oo

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by hopebacy(m): 9:47am On Oct 03, 2020
Singingbae:
OP, I hope you visit enough places in Akwa Ibom, I served there and I’m planning on visiting that sweet states for my holidays, you can visit Oron, Udung Uko and Mbo LGA and have a feel of that beautiful state and how the roads network is top notch, also visit the cray fish market also and also to see some fresh fishes

Akwa Ibom ayaya
Akwa Ibom my second state!

Modified:
I hope you’ll visit Tropicana in Uyo also!
Ps, I’m opened to relocation from Lagos to Uyo if there’s any job opening guys �

just inbox me ur number, if any gud job comes up I'll call u
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Ndipe(m): 10:52am On Oct 03, 2020
Prior to the Esuene's administration, the mode of trasportation from Uyo to Calabar was by sea via hovercraft or boat. Esuene came onboard and changed the landscape by building the Calabar Itu road/bridge, a welcome development in the state. It's very unfortunate and disappointing that in this day and age where the mode of transportation has been upgraded in other parts of the world, in Akwa Ibom and Cross River, it is only retrogressing, because now, travelers have gone back to plying the sea to reach their destination.

Gerrard59:

If I had seen this thread earlier, I'd have cautioned you travelling to Uyo via road. You probably should have taken a boat from Creek Town to Oron and use the road to Uyo. Due to the deplorable road situation, it's shorter. People have spent more than five hours on that Calabar - Uyo Road. Five years ago, the trip took not more than two hours and not more than an hour seven years ago (circa 30 - 45 mins).

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by SamuelLoch: 3:07pm On Oct 03, 2020
Princessbettyj:

undecided undecided smh

SMH in agreement or disagreement?
I could tell that you didn't hit the like button, another reminder.
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Blackking98(m): 3:10pm On Oct 03, 2020
NkanAkpanika:

You are surprised right : grin
I shock o
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Blackking98(m): 3:11pm On Oct 03, 2020
Ebenezer2021:
the guy I quoted sef no be am.
I been think say him get Sense.
check out the bolded quote I screenshot from his comments before mods deleted it
The guy is unrepentant
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Meteng: 3:19pm On Oct 03, 2020
Ademoore07:
I thought not all complied by that social distancing rules in buses.
Well, AKTC is the official transport company of Akwa Ibom State, so they'll have to comply

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Meteng: 3:39pm On Oct 03, 2020
Sparekey:

Pls wer exactly is the creek town and what's the fair from Calabar to Oron, and Oron to Uyo like
You go fit stay inside speed boat for like 3 hours?
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Meteng: 3:40pm On Oct 03, 2020
seguno2:

Please is the Calabar-Uyo road for the federal government?
Yes

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Princessbettyj(f): 4:06pm On Oct 03, 2020
SamuelLoch:

SMH in agreement or disagreement?
I could tell that you didn't hit the like button, another reminder.

Lol,I wont grin embarassed tongue
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by SamuelLoch: 5:54pm On Oct 03, 2020
Princessbettyj:

Lol,I wont grin embarassed tongue
Okay! I would assume that you agree with me but don't want to hit the like button... That's fine too!
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 03, 2020
Ndipe:
I am from Uyo but grew up in Calabar. In my days, Uyo was a village while Calabar was an urban area. There was just no comparison between Uyo and Calabar. Even when I was at Uniuyo, people complained the place was dry and they could not wait to leave the area after graduation. One even said he will never step foot in Uyo after his graduation. Now, the roles have switched, Uyo is experiencing a renaissance, with nice tarred roads, modern buildings and influx of tourists and people from different parts of the country. Who would have thought? This should serve as a reminder that no condition is permanent.

Development is not a mystery , Nigerians make it look so. Everywhere can be developed, it just needs competent planning & execution and efficient tax system. without efficient tax system there would be lack of maintenance. dependence on allocation is unsustainable .
Another thing is to enact and enforce progressive laws. For example,ban child labor and street/roadside hawking,wrongful parking,overloading of vehicle,compulsory vehicle insurance, that will make the roads appear cleaner and orderly than they are now .
Calabar is larger and more naturally beautiful than Uyo&Akwa ibom. In my opinion,Calabar has greater potentials,more history & beautiful culture and is still better than Uyo because it's by the water, Hills, mountains around Akamkpa , and you can't beat waterfront cities . All Calabar needs is a good administrator and mega city expansion with bridges and 3 lane avenues linking various areas like Creek town ,Odukpani, Akpabuyo area. waterfront parks,beaches, and boardwalks.
Infrastructures like stadium ,malls,airline, highrise apartments , and resorts are private ventures. It's white elephant and won't last if built by Government.
Frankly, it's not a mystery to build good roads with sidewalks,traffic signs,drainage,trees,etc. , it's just unfortunate that the administrator is incompetent for now .
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 03, 2020
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 03, 2020
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 03, 2020
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 03, 2020
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Singingbae(m): 8:33pm On Oct 03, 2020
hopebacy:

just inbox me ur number, if any gud job comes up I'll call u
Seriously? Lemme pm you, I await your reply
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Singingbae(m): 8:34pm On Oct 03, 2020
BigDawsNet:

HoC? Not sure about that...

Just the room opposite CDS hall

A very close friend of Cj's

I’ll know you tho! �
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by laidthrice(m): 8:38pm On Oct 03, 2020
Cali south
emerazz:

The town before Arthur Javis university,.. Where in cali do you stay?
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Blackking98(m): 10:07pm On Oct 03, 2020
NkanAkpanika:

You are surprised right : grin
no be lie

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Ndipe(m): 7:37am On Oct 04, 2020
In my time, Calabar was a serene town with great leaders like the late Clement Isong and Esuene who built the Calabar Itu road/bridge that changed the mode of transportation in the place from plying the sea to traveling by road. We had the palm produce board, the biscuit factory, the famous Metropolitan hotel . . . infact, there was a solid middle class in the city. Civil servants lived a decent or somewhat comfortable life, the roads were nice and tarred, Uyo was just a village, I dont know if there was electricity at that time in Uyo when I was growing up in Calabar. How Calabar just degenerated into an abyss is shocking.

Development is not a mystery , Nigerians make it look so. Everywhere can be developed, it just needs competent planning & execution and efficient tax system. without efficient tax system there would be lack of maintenance. dependence on allocation is unsustainable .
Another thing is to enact and enforce progressive laws. For example,ban child labor and street/roadside hawking,wrongful parking,overloading of vehicle,compulsory vehicle insurance, that will make the roads appear cleaner and orderly than they are now .
Calabar is larger and more naturally beautiful than Uyo&Akwa ibom. In my opinion,Calabar has greater potentials,more history & beautiful culture and is still better than Uyo because it's by the water, Hills, mountains around Akamkpa , and you can't beat waterfront cities . All Calabar needs is a good administrator and mega city expansion with bridges and 3 lane avenues linking various areas like Creek town ,Odukpani, Akpabuyo area. waterfront parks,beaches, and boardwalks.
Infrastructures like stadium ,malls,airline, highrise apartments , and resorts are private ventures. It's white elephant and won't last if built by Government.
Frankly, it's not a mystery to build good roads with sidewalks,traffic signs,drainage,trees,etc. , it's just unfortunate that the administrator is incompetent for now .
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by BAMOFIN1: 4:58pm On Oct 05, 2020
Gerrard59:

If I had seen this thread earlier, I'd have cautioned you travelling to Uyo via road. You probably should have taken a boat from Creek Town to Oron and use the road to Uyo. Due to the deplorable road situation, it's shorter. People have spent more than five hours on that Calabar - Uyo Road. Five years ago, the trip took not more than two hours and not more than an hour seven years ago (circa 30 - 45 mins).

@Gerrard59 I served in Uyo many many years ago and I have always wanted to revisit. Activated by this thread I have just booked ticket to arrive calabar airport later this week. My plan is to explore calabar for two days and then move to Uyo for two or three days. I find your suggestion of travelling by ferry from creek town via Oron to Uyo very attractive. Can you help find out and give more detail especially direction on how to get to the ferry loading point and how safe the ferry ride is. Awaiting your reply. Cheers
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Gerrard59(m): 6:42pm On Oct 05, 2020
BAMOFIN1:

@Gerrard59 I served in Uyo many many years ago and I have always wanted to revisit. Activated by this thread I have just booked ticket to arrive calabar airport later this week. My plan is to explore calabar for two days and then move to Uyo for two or three days. I find your suggestion of travelling by ferry from creek town via Oron to Uyo very attractive. Can you help find out and give more detail especially direction on how to get to the ferry loading point and how safe the ferry ride is. Awaiting your reply. Cheers

When in Calabar, head to a place called Marina and board a boat or ferry to Oron. Ignorant me thought it was Creek Town. lipsrsealed

Well, I've not been to Calabar in more than two years.
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Womanizer(m): 10:07am On Oct 06, 2020
lkillbrokehoes:
The person that press that thing inside iz a wicked human being cheesy

You mean her nyash? grin
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by BAMOFIN1: 8:53pm On Oct 06, 2020
Gerrard59:

When in Calabar, head to a place called Marina and board a boat or ferry to Oron. Ignorant me thought it was Creek Town. lipsrsealed

Well, I've not been to Calabar in more than two years.
Thanks.
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Tonyblinky(m): 4:06am On Oct 07, 2020
Ebenezer2021:
lol I reside in Benin though but presently in Uyo cos that's where I'm from.
Lol the language is kinda like Chinese grin
By the way Domor bro
Koyor my brother

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

How A Woman And Her Load Were Transported On A Motorcycle (Photo, Video) / Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) / Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.